New AsYa OS: Stuart Little

Posted: 2015-02-23T19:19:56Z
I got this idea while I was walking around in my friend's dorm building, and I just had to write it down. It's really short, and just a plot bunny. Do lemme know what you think though!

Stuart Little
Asad's POV

I hated dorms. Absolutely abhorred them, why? I didn't get to pick where I lived or who I lived with. Nope. They had a "lottery" based system, if your name was picked first you chose where you lived but as the list went on the choices got narrower. And with my wretched luck, I was one of the last people to get chosen this year as well.

So I had to take the only open dormitory. Okay, big deal, they are all the same right? Well, yeah, I guess but I didn't like this building. I wanted to be in one of the newer ones with insulated walls that cancelled out some of the noise from my noisy neighbours. Like real noisy.

I sighed as I tried to work on my physics lab, but it was hard since my neighbour to the left was having loud sex with his girlfriend and the bed was banging against the wall. It was almost midnight so the library would be closing soon too so there was no point hiking all the way there.

I sighed and got up, picking up my MacBook, phone and keys I walked out of my room hoping to find some quiet corner in the whole building. My floor was not going to do it, neither the floor above nor the first floor. So I decided to the fourth floor from my second one. The hallways were quiet at this time of the night, I waked to the end of the hallway that led towards the back of the building where there was a window and a couch to sit at. There was one on every floor, and the fourth floor was no different.

I sighed in contentment and sat down propping my laptop open. Finally, I could concentrate. I got to work immediately, this lab was due on Friday, today was only Tuesday but I had other things to do for the rest of the week so this needed to get done now.

I don't know how long I sat there but it couldn't have been much later when I heard loud screaming. A girl was screaming like she was getting murdered or something. My heart picked up double time as I tried to locate the source of the screams. I ran down the hallway to the second last room and realized the sound was coming from there. I knocked on the door but no one answered but I heard another scream. To my surprise the door wasn't locked and opened when I turned the knob.

In the middle of the room, standing on the bed was a girl- uh, woman. Her straight hair was flailing about as she looked at the floor and screamed. She was wearing tiny shorts and a t-shirt, and I tried my best to not look at how long and beautiful her legs were, my gaze went up to her frantic face and I froze, she was absolutely gorgeous.

"Omg! Save me!" She yelled looking up at the door, her eyes wide. Her eyes were beautiful, brown and almond shaped.

"From what?" I asked looking around seeing no one.

"There is a mouse! It's under the bed!" She yelled.

"A mouse? Really? You were screaming like you were getting murdered." I said exasperated, how could someone make so much sound over a mouse?

"Allah Miyah! What's wrong with you? Why are you yelling at me? It was trying to climb into my bed!" She said, an angry look on her face, it looked cute on her.

I sighed and bent down and lifted the comforter from around her bed and sure enough, out came running a little white mouse, it was kind of cute actually. But she didn't think so because she started screaming again.

"Get it out of my room!" She said as it ran under her desk. I tried to catch it but ended up falling flat on the ground, and I swear her giggle was the sweetest thing I had ever heard.

The mouse ran from under the desk towards her bed again as I leaped at it, but the bugger was too fast for me.

"Do you have a stick or something?" I asked her.

"Allah Miyah! Don't kill it! What if it has a wife and kids?" She said and I froze looking at her.

"You are screaming bloody murder because of this thing and yet you are worried about it's supposed family?"

"Yeah, I just don't want it to crawl over me, I don't want to kill it." She said as I stifled a smile, oh this girl was something.

"Do you have cheese?" I asked.

"No...I have pizza?" She said pointing to the small box on her night table. I nodded and walked towards the box before picking it up and opening it. There was one little bite left, one. I gave her an exasperated look but she just shrugged.

"Do you mind?" I asked pointing towards her bed and she shook her head no. I lay down on the bed stomach down, my feet facing the headboard and placed the pizza box on the floor by the foot of the bed and leaned over so my torso was hanging off her bed.

"What are you doing?" She asked laying down beside me, on her stomach.

"Trying to catch the monster." I said.

"Hey, it sounds like you are making fun of me." She said.

"I can't believe you are so scared so such a little thing."

"I just hate anything that can crawl up your pants, my friend's hamster did that once and I have been traumatized since." She said causing me to laugh.

"That is interesting."

"How come I haven't seen you before?" She asked.

"I live on the second floor."

"Then what are you doing up here?"

"You mean apart from rescuing you from Stuart Little?" I teased. "The guy next door was being loud and I needed a quiet place to study. It was going pretty well until you stared screaming, I thought you were getting murdered."

"Well I am glad your neighbour was being loud." She said, I noticed a smile on her face from my peripheral vision. "I am Zoya by the way."

"Asad." I said.

"So what do you do when you aren't saving girls from mice?"

"Civil Engineering, second year. What about you?"

"Software Engineering, first year." She answered.

"Impressive." I said, there weren't a lot of girls in engineering, especially software engineering.

"I know." She smiled.

"Don't make any noise." I whispered as I saw the mouse emerge from underneath the bed and go towards the pizza box. I got prepared as the mouse got up on it's hind legs and leaned against the open pizza box, his or her nose twitching, I smiled when it jumped inside the pizza box. I slammed the lid close and held it like that before jumping off the bed and picking up the box.

"Allah Miyah! Don't drop it." She screamed as the box started shaking.

"I am going to go drop him outside but I need someone to open doors and stuff." I said before waking out of her room, she followed me.

"Don't drop it please." She whispered as she pressed the elevator button.

"I won't." I laughed stepping into the elevator.

"It's freaky being in an enclosed space with it." She said as the elevator started descending.

"I think Stuart Little is cute." I said shaking the box.

"DON'T DO THAT!" She screamed her eyes growing wide. I tried to stifle my laughter but failed; this was the most fun I have had in the last two years.

She all but ran out of the elevator when we reached the ground floor and opened the front door for me. "Walk far away from the building and let it go between those trees." She said pointing far away.

"You sure I don't need to drop him off to Mars?"

"Haha." She said dryly rolling her eyes. I broke out into a run and ran about 100m from the building before opening the box and letting Stuart Little go.

"Thank you." I said to it for introducing me to the beautiful girl who was scared of things  that  could crawl up her pants.

I ran back towards her and noticed that she was smiling now, and she had beautiful dimples. "Thank you Asad, my hero." She said exaggeratedly.

"You are welcome." I laughed throwing the pizza box in the garbage can as we walked back inside.

"I don't know what I would have done if you didn't show up."

"Probably awoken the whole floor." I guessed as we stepped into the elevator.

"I am surprised I didn't wake them up."

"Me too, you sure screamed loud enough." I laughed.

"Anyone in my situation..." She stopped short when she noticed the look I was giving her. "You know what I mean." She smiled.

"The creepy-crawlers versus Zoya?" I asked making her laugh.

"Exactly. So that's your workstation?" She asked pointing to end of the hallway where my laptop was thankfully still sitting.

"Yes."

"Want coffee? I have a Tassimo machine." She said in a sing-song voice.

"I would love coffee." I smiled thanking my stupid neighbor for being loud and making me choose this floor.
Posted: 2015-02-23T19:33:29Z
Hahaha this was cute
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-02-23T19:43:19Z

I will never get tired of your asya stories they are just too cute!!
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-02-23T20:53:31Z
loved it..
It was cute,superb,awesome..
Plz do write more on Asya
2 Likes this
Posted: 2015-02-23T21:16:47Z
Oh this was just so cute. Loooved it Anjali Heart
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-02-23T21:51:15Z
that was one really adorable story..
asad went out because of the noisy neighbor..
zoya and her stuart little..
she was so damn cute.. all along..Embarrassed
and they made friends.. maybe more than that later..Wink
2 Likes this
Posted: 2015-02-23T22:04:39Z
cute,,...!Smile
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-02-23T22:38:16Z
It was so cute n funny loved it
1 Likes this