Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarsyed thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Ek aur senti aur emotional update🤗😭
Loved every word of it...II's mixed feelings purrfectly depicted...she wants him nd hv her parents too .I think most of us desire this..y do v hv to leave the house nd ppl v spent all the lovely years of r life😕go stay with strangers in a diff house just fr that one man v leave the entire family , home, 

And my my the irritating relatives hv started arriving already...ppl ready to screw the happiness. .especially during weddings I hate these aunties commenting nd criticising stuff nd trying to show off😡

Thx again nisha for giving us the lovely story. ..love u🤗
Edited by sarsyed - 9 years ago
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Insomnia

loved appa letting her sleep with amma and the description and his fears 👏
loved ammas reaction,her concern about having to talk to vandu,how she is having to face the brunt of questions 👏
sabko bolne doh this fusion wedding is going to be like no other ,dekthe rah jayenge log.. and all the iyer mami's are going to be looking for punjabi boys in the wedding 😃

Nice to see her call Ranjan and that conversation was lovely
this bit
That would be nice. R&B khaate hain khichri?"
"Nahi WOH NAHI KHAATE" Ranjan teased her sudden respect for the dude
"I dont usually" she became defensive immediately
so so so cute!!! he ,Sam dont leave a single opportunity to tease her 😳

and like a real true bride prior to wedding she can only think of him so realistic , wants to be with him , only his thoughts put her to a blissful sleep 😳😳👏
OMG 7 days for the wedding 🥳

P.S - me off from 1EST to tomorrow nite ,skiing will be back on sunday afternoon of course will check updates but wont be able to comment as much will try..its going to be a test for me 😆

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Anu U did not apply for vacation a month in advance so unfortunately it stands declined, we dont have a back up for you we hope you can cancel and show up for work
Its unacceptable to be gone like this arbitrarily

People depend on YOU, and its very unethical to be gone without notice.

Poruma? Innum konjam venuma?

Podi! I cannot allow this ski trip unless u promise to come online from the ski lift or from a snowy slope.

This causes a major catastrophe on this topic, I am already dealing with Ashu being gone suddenly cant take your absence
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Came back home ...went through two lovely updates 😊
Nisha...suddenly a question popped up in my mind as to why Ranjan speaks of his wife in present tense ...as if she's around...why is that??
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Anu U did not apply for vacation a month in advance so unfortunately it stands declined, we dont have a back up for you we hope you can cancel and show up for work

Its unacceptable to be gone like this arbitrarily

People depend on YOU, and its very unethical to be gone without notice.

Poruma? Innum konjam venuma?

Podi! I cannot allow this ski trip unless u promise to come online from the ski lift or from a snowy slope.

This causes a major catastrophe on this topic, I am already dealing with Ashu being gone suddenly cant take your absence

aaaw meri jaan of course i will login in the night and during the day except long comments nahi de paaoongi...
ghar ki shaadi how can i miss ;-)
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
A yet another beautiful update. Even as I write this, my heart is going thump thump with the onslaught of emotions that I feel. You have brought out II's predicament with such finesse that it simply tugs at your heartstrings. Have been a literature student and have read quite a bit, but the simplicity with which you are spinning the tale, the way it is simply flowing without having to use unnecessary flowery language is what makes SOSY so special. II's predicament, she almost feeling as if she has betrayed herself  and her own  by choosing someone like R&B but unable to do anything about it and you bringing out  those emotions, exploring the psyche of a middle class principled girl who has been possessed by the devil is carving a niche is everyone's hearts...thanks Nisha After so many years living away from parents in a foreign land, away from the smells and sounds of Delhi, even though I am surrounded by desis...I am actually feeling and living my Delhi dream again. THANKS.
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Awww... Missing ashu 
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Nish I am very happy that u brought appa in this chapter...I missed him..But I donno why all appa's are like this... They can never see the good things in other caste guys !!!! It will be always Iyer boys only !! Bala can drink...Other iyer boys can eat meat...He will send II to bay area but not paris...I am sure even if R&B was in US, the reaction would be same... Now he being handsome is also an issue...even his daughter is pretty...does that mean she is evil ? People in our father's generation are narrowminded...you could argue ranjan's scandal and R&B's affairs...But I bet that eve if those were not there Appa cannot accept a non-iyer..He will definitely find some other flaws.
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: swathi1990

Nish I am very happy that u brought appa in this chapter...I missed him..But I donno why all appa's are like this... They can never see the good things in other caste guys !!!! It will be always Iyer boys only !! Bala can drink...Other iyer boys can eat meat...He will send II to bay area but not paris...I am sure even if R&B was in US, the reaction would be same... Now he being handsome is also an issue...even his daughter is pretty...does that mean she is evil ? People in our father's generation are narrowminded...you could argue ranjan's scandal and R&B's affairs...But I bet that eve if those were not there Appa cannot accept a non-iyer..He will definitely find some other flaws.

Very well put Swathi

You know WHAT it is?

Its a kind of envy, no its not creepy or incestuous but its a kind of " He has turned my smart intelligent successful daughter into a putty in his hands" 
By nature Bala is cheerful, engaging, talktaive warm and affectionate

R&B is quiet brooding, thoughtful and introverted

As a husband/son/father Bala is caring affectionate and loving towards his parents Shravu and Vandita, his masculinity and his obvious sex appeal were never a play in why Vandita constantly thinks about him. Even though he must be all that for Vandita "privately" all Appa sees is a caring son and a loving father and a compassionate husband

In R&B Appa sees a predator, and it bothers him that II WANTS that.☺️ There is a explicit sexuality in II and R&B's interactions that is visible to Appa AND to Amma... Amma takes it as "He loves my daughtera lot" when she sees love bites on her neck

Appa sees it as "HOW DARE R&B EVEN HAVE unsavory/ wicked thoughts about MY daughter?"
I wont allow it...

Sex is a BIG part of R&B and II 's romance, even if it is part of Bala and Vandu's its not visible to Appa so he is OK. Appa is able to see the lust in R&B's eyes since he is a very astute father. If he hadnt proposed marriage and if Appa and II were riding a bus and Appa had seen it in R&B's eyes... he would have slapped some harassment case and have him locked away

In this case the guy, wooed, pursued and claimed his daughter, all under his nose👏👏

If Bala was like this he would only be proud , just like you said😭😭

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: taramira

A yet another beautiful update. Even as I write this, my heart is going thump thump with the onslaught of emotions that I feel. You have brought out II's predicament with such finesse that it simply tugs at your heartstrings. Have been a literature student and have read quite a bit, but the simplicity with which you are spinning the tale, the way it is simply flowing without having to use unnecessary flowery language is what makes SOSY so special. II's predicament, she almost feeling as if she has betrayed herself  and her own  by choosing someone like R&B but unable to do anything about it and you bringing out  those emotions, exploring the psyche of a middle class principled girl who has been possessed by the devil is carving a niche is everyone's hearts...thanks Nisha After so many years living away from parents in a foreign land, away from the smells and sounds of Delhi, even though I am surrounded by desis...I am actually feeling and living my Delhi dream again. THANKS.

Thanks so very much Tara. I am happy I am bringing back memories of home and hearth, in writing this I am getting to relive memories of home as well

So thanks very much for the opportunity to write, and all the appreciation😃