Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: swathi1990

Actually nowadays even iyer brides wear mehendi only. previously it was done in the parlor/home... and now even if the bride and groom are iyers, it has become a fashion to celebrate mehendi and sangeeth...Actually a couple of my rich friends had...

Enriched experience through merged traditions. Awesome...would make the event more enjoyable for all. πŸ˜Š
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks taramira for the explanation
Love fusion weddings u get best of both worlds πŸ‘
I hate typing using my iPhone 😑
@taara let M come post wedding want II to enjoy post 2pm
That day is done I don't care who comes
πŸ˜‰
Seriousreader thumbnail
Originally posted by: swathi1990

Title changedπŸ˜†

Yippee!
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
"Good Grief"

4 Pm ish on Friday March 6th...Amma woke her up for the third time, there were too many people in the house she didnt want to make a big deal about 
it but II was not willing to wake up, she had returned with Akka from the spa @ 1:30 ish the appointment was at 9 and they didnt leave home until 9:30

The wealthy Chennai Athai decided to come over at 9 AM  Friday immediately upon landing at Delhi airport, knowing fully well she had an appointment, she had brought along her daughter and son in law also
She had two sons and a daughter one son lived in Singapore
The kids in Chennai were "wealthy" since R&B had completely gutted and redefined wealth for all of the Iyer clan. None even came CLOSE to the Bhallas

Most didnt know that since they didnt know much about Delhi, but they will discover this week about the 
size and scope of Bhallas' net worth. R&B and II had their first OK not first their 38th fight already.

Sam had called Amma on Tuesday to offer a fleet of cars for a week or 10 days, she texted Amma a dozen kind asking her to take a pick

Appa flipped a lid saying "No no I wont allow them to send us 10 cars how dare they.
 What do they think they are, they own a dealership so they will give me cars? Cant I manage my daughter's wedding?
Am I so incapable?

Thats exactly why Sam approached AMMA Appa had no control over his words, and not only the D II 
Iyers but now the Bhallas feared him too with the exception of R&B who didnt give a damn for the man atleast on the surface. He was polite respectful and to the point

He didnt go out of his way to impress or please Appa. or grovel at Appa's feet... II sensed that in their third interaction at D II on Feb 28th Saturday when R&B came by for dinner

Amma and her werent home yet and so Appa had to hang with him for over a half hour
He didnt text II asking her to come fast to rescue him, Appa called Amma panicking when they were in Naraina saying "Where are you? the boy is here, he says u invited him for dinner"

So anyway, Sam texted Amma squirmed, Sam and Tan called to persuade as much as they could Amma relented...

II texted R&B "I dont think Sam should offer the cars"

He didnt respond  "A car running all day is thousands in petrol, 10 is really high, I dont think its right"

He didnt respond to that either, she had CALLED him

"U wont even send emoticons any more? is it a special intimacy thing because we are getting married in less than 7 days?" she ranted upset

"What did..." he began

"No, dont say anything, I am happy u dont talk much let it be this way" 

"Did u bother calling Sam about it?" he asked bluntly

"Ummm... No... I didnt" II fumed "Hmppphh"

"She offered Amma and Amma accepted where is the issue?" R&B sounded bored

"In the fact that Appa has flipped a lid and he thinks he should pay Sam 10 * 1500 or 10 *2000 each
 based on the fact that they are all air conditioned" II bit out

"Try it II" he said and JUST HUNG UP on her

she hadnt spoken or seen or texted him since Wed morning exchange over text and phone

Appa hounded her "So? So? Did u tell him we will be paying them Rs. 25,000? I dont want rich people to pay for my daughter's wedding. 
THATS why I was saying we should find an alliance within our means. Then we wont have to take hand outs from wealthy Punjabis" Appa fumed

"What did SHE do? She had no idea Sam was going to offer and I was going to accept, they OWN the largest dealership in India they have 100s of cars on stand by they offered us 10 for 6 or so days WHATS WRONG Yen ipdi kova padrel? (why are u losing it?) Amma demanded

The Pudukottai Athai had just been picked up from the station, she stood at the door with her two daughters, one was married she brought her hubby and two kids along
Amma immediately composed her expression, and asked the samayal Mami (the cook lady) to start making coffee

The guest wanted to hang out or sight see or shop during the day and only wanted to go to IIT gate to sleep at night...
The house was exploding staring Wed...

II refused to stay home she went off to work, mentally clobbering the Dude

Appa glared at her as she left home, on Wed, Athai hugged her she liked this Athai a lot and her kids they were simple and unpretentious and were in awe of everything Delhi

Both girls were younger the married one was two years younger than II addressed her as Akka anway... she had married at 19... and so had two already

Her husband Venkatesh was quiet and kinda lost  "U are marrying a Punjabi boy Lakshmi said" he asked

II nodded...

"Love marriage?" he asked

II squirmed WHICH PLANET DO U LIVE IN VENKATESH? ARGHHH

NEVER MIND...

Lakshmi: She is very accomplished

Venkatesh: I am thinking of doing CA will you help me

II nodded happily...

Lakshmi: Do u speak Punjabi? How will you interact with those people (naive)
II smiled "Nobody speaks Punjabi there its only Hindi or English

Lakshmi :AVAR pesuvara Punjabi (Does he speak Punjabi? respectful)

AVAR? HES NO AVAR... HES JUST A RAKSHASAN... THE DUDE... DONT U DARE SAY AVAR FOR HIM

II: Avan I mean Avar pesa maatar usually

Amma had STRICTLY told her not to say Avar/tum/tu/ etc, only "Aap/woh"

Amma eye signalled her to be careful from the kitchen door way

She scrammed in a few seconds excusing herself that Wed morning...

This morning? it was a different story, 
Chennai Athai hounded her from room to room, Akka tried to answer her questions while she packed II's make up things, those were still laying around untouched

II was extremely behind

Amma was scolding her on the side "whats the use of paying Rs.25,000 for the spa if u 
dont go there on time, Vandu seekram po, u can do all that later, u can atleast escape Jaya Athai"

Amma literally pushed II and Akka out the door at 9:30

When they returned the house was FULL-ER people every where chatting...

II's every pore tingled her face glowed with whatever they had used there was a collective 
"Oooh" "Wowww" when she entered wearing her pink chikan suit

Her body was moist and glowly from all the essential oils and pastes

She smelled like a combination of haldi and chandan...

The hair treatment they had given her left her hair softer than silk

Uma sulked in a corner, Chithapa's daughter in law... she didnt even come up to say Hi!

II went to her room, Amma offered her lunch, she came out to eat, and went back to take a nap

Akka coralled her back into her room for a nap "U can talk to her in the evening" Akka winked
II had stayed up last night with her friends, 4 slept over, so the choas was unimaginable...

She was running on 3 or 4 hours of sleep and the Mehandi was at 4 PM and Sangeet at 7 at Shanti Niketan

Amma thought it was inanity for II to schedule her spa appointment so late
Akka scolded her "Amma if she got that a week early HOW WILL HE KNOW WHAT ALL SHE DID FOR HIM?"

SHUT UP KA" II shrieked

"Ofcourse, I will since u got the treatment only for ur self" she laughed uncontrollably

Amma laughed too

"WHY? Why cant I get it for myself?"

"Amma u know what the girl said? "She hasnt seens such smooth skin in any girl" 
"She probably says that to every girl" II said disgusted
"I am going to ask R&B the "morning after" IF HE AGREES with the spa employee"🀣

II blushed crimson, gasping at the sudden segue Akka made into intimate zone, she had to sit down on the divan a second to calm herself

"Paavam di dont psyche her up, she must be terrified" Amma whispered

"Let her be, THIS IS MY TIME TO PICK ON HER I WILL" Akka whispered back

"Did u have the "talk" with her? Amma asked

"Not yet Ma" Akka winked "U go entertain the guests, I will have the talk and pray she is able to take a nap afterwards"
Akka rolled on II's bed with her bulging belly

II flung a cushion directly on her face

"Good grief!" II muttered through dry lips, as her chest clenched at the possibility of standing in front of the dude with no clothing...☺️

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
Seriousreader thumbnail
Festivities or what...the Thronged Iyer's place. 
Amma prompting kaka to talk with II.
Appa's irritable response to Sam's offer.

All sounds so real.
Thank you Nisha for inviting us to this wedding!πŸ€—

Seriousreader thumbnail
When will you update next?😳
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Now it is a wedding house...I could totally visualize the madness...even though we put everyone in hotels such that the bride and family has time, we know that evryone will be in the house...but I like this wedding chaos, the chatter, the delay it causes and the wedding tensions..sweeet memories...
Oh y do i feel that he will know about 'wat she did for him' in the sangeet itself. I dont think he can wait till wedding nite..

Finally it is funny that Indian parents give the birds and the bees talk before the day of marriage..that to fro II wen she is 28 ??? 
arshi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I love pre wedding days. I just loveee them. Fun update! :D
deepali.rock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Girls message from ashu.. Hang on!!
nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome chapters nisha..bit busy with work so cant say much...only thing that it gets as real as possible...its feel as if there will be real wedding...amazingly written...just love all the chapters specially the insomnia part...u r an amazing writer...all the bestsellers authors put together...