Subhash Jha's open letter to Russell Peters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Dear Mr Peters,

We Indians do understand the importance of freedom of expression . We don't need you to tell AamirKhan, who incidentally is one of the most revered and influential entertainers of our times, to ...ummm... shut up, merely because he made bold to make a point on the Roast that got the entire nation into a debate on the dos and don'ts of exercizing excessive freedom of expression in public places.

We understand shooting off your mouth is a professional exigency. We know you are stand-up comedian. But could you just sit down this once and keep quiet? Because I firmly believe you are not qualified to speak about the Indian entertainment industry.

Aamir is.

Some of us didn't like what he said. That's okay. The right to protest is part of the Indian democracy. Ironically, Aamir is being hailed over the coals for exercizing the right to protest.

You, Mr Peters, on the other hand are protesting about an issue that's none of your concern. In the past you have gone on record to state about the Indian film industry"and I quote these outrageously demeaning words on Indian cinema""It's not that I'm not a fan(of Bollywood). It's just that if you gave me the option between cutting my testicles off or making me watch one of those films, I'd be like Get those knives sharpened up, would you?'

You also said about our movies: "I hate Bollywood. The movies are all garbage, just terrible. It's my opinion, obviously there are billions who like and love them. I don't like all the singing, dancing and all the dramatic crying. I have never seen a Bollywood film in my life. I have refused doing it earlier and will do so in future. But I hope some filmmakers take a chance of making real movies."

For your information Aamir Khan makes real' movies. Try watching Taare Zameen Par or Peepli, Live. They are more real than anything you've done in your life, Mr Peters.

With due respects,should you be commenting on anyone in Bollywood specially an actor and filmmaker who has defined and re-defined the aesthetics of our cinema over and over again? You, on the other hand, make money by insulting people and cultures. We still haven't forgotten your comments on Aishwarya Rai.

Have you forgotten? Then let me nudge your clogged memory. You had said about her: If you look good, you can act in a Bollywood movie, you don't have to be able to act; and Aishwarya Rai is a great example of this. She is a beautiful woman... You look at her, I want to look at her. Damn, she is fine; but stop acting or stop trying to act. Just be happy being this guy's wife, keep endorsing, modelling with the big eyes."

Your remarks were uncalled-for then. They're uncalled-for now.We don't need your comments on the icons of Indian cinema. Self-admittedly you prefer cutting off your testicles rather than watching our films.

We are okay with that. Carry on.

Sincerely

Subhash K Jha

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I don't even know Russell Peters that well anyway but some parts Subhash is right.
reams thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hahahahaha Aamir will give him an exclusive interview now
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ‘ I hate that Subhash Jha person but standing ovation for him. 
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Subhash K Jha gave nice reply to that Russell Peters for his #2Rs comments. πŸ‘ 

Originally posted by: Deathstroke

It's not that I'm not a fan(of Bollywood). It's just that if you gave me the option between cutting my testicles off or making me watch one of those films, I'd be like Get those knives sharpened up, would you?'

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Subhash Jha can shove this open letter up his arse.  This furore over Russell's remark is just gonna provide him with more material to for his routine to rip the piss out of bollywood and fans.  That's what I like about Russell is that he simply doesn't give a flying f**k about the reaction, if anything, the more people react the better. πŸ˜†

Oye_Chup_Kar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Subhash Jha NAILED IT! πŸ‘ 

Bang on reply to that 2rs Russel whatever!
Oye_Chup_Kar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Heisenberg.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Subhash Jha can shove this open letter up his arse.  This furore over Russell's remark is just gonna provide him with more material to for his routine to rip the piss out of bollywood and fans.  That's what I like about Russell is that he simply doesn't give a flying f**k about the reaction, if anything, the more people react the better. πŸ˜†

No one either gives a flying f*** about that whoever Russell too ...he should he happy that he's getting some attention ...as that's what he wanted.  πŸ˜†
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
This is a nice way to lick arse, Subhash K Jha.

I like how he's the mouthpiece of every powerful actor/family--- SRK, Bachchans, Ash before she became a Bachchan, and now Aamir. 

fitoori_kudi thumbnail
too many open letters, i m fed up of reading them allπŸ˜†