Ishraholics Anonymous - Feb 12th *updated with collages*

Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Hello ladies,
Since G is busy, here is today's thread for us to Gush over Raman and Ishita. I have not watched the episode so I will update later but you all have fun. 

#puttar is mine
#I will share puttar reluctantly 
# Number 1 fangirl

---------------------------------------------

Here is my update, I am posting it here cos G got made at me. πŸ˜•

OMG so many feels! I am so glad I waited to watch the episode because had I watched it earlier there was no way I could have studied because I would be here discussing it's brilliance with all of you. 

Before I start gushing over puttar (I think we should name this thread 'my puttar' because everyone is staking a claim at him) He has become a public property and I think the missus should be concerned because fangirling is getting to an all time high and is scaring the bejesus out of me so I can't even how would missus react to all the attention that puttar is getting. πŸ€£

Aly is such a brilliant actor, the way he portrayed the hurt, guilt, anger and disappointment was just brilliant. I felt sad for Romi because to be surrounded by family and still not be able to confide in them is the worst kind of loneliness. He has a big family but has no support, and it's partly Bhalla's fault, how can they expect him to come and share his problems when they go barbaric and start beating his ass. Mr. Bhalla easily disowned him in a jiffy rather than trying to understand Romi's psyche and the reasons behind his actions. Why is he on a criminal path, maybe because he was raised by an overindulgent mother, a distant father and en elder brother who was bitter and angry due to his own marital problems, so growing up who could he go to for guidance? No one taught him right from wrong, just like Adi, Romi too seems like a lost child only difference being Romi's mother is over indulgent in spoiling him but does not manipulate him. Poor Romi, got the crap beat out of him and the swimmers still aren't fixed, all this hoopla and still no shooters. πŸ˜†

Toshiji is a retard of first class because all her Children are retarded. Raman was retarded to have married Shagun, Simi married Param, Romi well is Romi and Rinki seems to be falling in love with a man who she knows in still desperately in love with someone else. Bhalla kids love life is facepalm! Apart from puttar's because he is in love with me...I mean missus. πŸ€£ Just kidding other fangirls don't' have a heart attack. #Bhalla kids raised by wolves 

Now coming to puttar! I felt so bad for him, deciding to let go off your child and make that difficult decision is easier said than done, it needs courage and conviction. More importantly to be able to make such difficult decisions, one needs unconditional love and support which puttar has found in missus. I know we are all happy to see RKB return to his original pragmatic self but I believe he had to go through the emotional attachment phase where he was devoid of logic in the presence of his son to realize the mistake he was making by indulging his son. No one could have made him see the error in his ways but his own experience, and once he realized it, pragmatic puttar was back making the tough decisions of life with missus' support. 

That scene on the couch gave me so many feels, the support they have for each other, willing to fight the world for each other's happiness, sacrificing their own happiness to bring a smile on each other's faces. She brought his ex to their home so he can have the happiness of having his estranged son close to him, while he distanced himself from his son so his wife can be happy without the presence of his ex. These two are just too much! I love it when Raman praises Ishita as a mother because those words are like a healing balm on the scars that the society inflicts by calling her baanj. I loved the scene so much because Ishita knew Raman is hurting, and Raman knew that Ishita is hurting because he is hurting so he forgets his sorrow and taken her into an embrace to make her feel secure and safe while she wipes away his tears trying to lessen his pain. 

Last but not least Romi, Ruhi and Shravu...so many feels! It was so cute to see the innocence of children doing the healing for a guy who himself never wanted kids and now can't even if he wanted to. I hope Ishita figures out Shagun's evil plan and teams with Romi, also I hope that missus makes puttar apolgize for turning into hulk and going bat shit crazy on Romi's ass. #puttar has rage problems #I still love him. 

Also one bitchy comment that I wanted to make yesterday but couldn't so I will say it today. 

Raman's boss, you are a freaking MD of a multinational company so speak properly and don't be bipolar. 

#Bitch Alert

'Main tumhara RESIGN accept nahi karonga' is WRONG! 

'Main tumhara RESIGNATION accept nahi karonga' is CORRECT! 

Also one day you lose your mind and bring cops over for 5 lakhs and next day the same amount becomes inconsequential.  #bipolar #get yourself tested #thank God for puttar or you would drive your company in the ground #you are the worst boss 

Originally posted by: GanBarunFan

"...and that visibility which makes us most vulnerable is 
that which also is the source of our greatest strength." 
Audre Lorde

"He reached out a long arm and drew me in, holding me close against him.
 I put my arms around him and felt the quiver of his muscles, 
exhausted, and the sheer hard strength still in him, 
that would hold him up, no matter how tired he might be. 
We stood quite still for some time, my cheek against his chest 
and his face against my hair, drawing strength from each other 
for whatever might come next..." 
Diana Gabaldon

"It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty 
or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him 
in the mirror of another loving, caring human being." 
John Joseph Powell

Edited by Eyes-Wide-Shut - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SurrealFantasy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Res...for a review worthy of a well-deserving episode.

Edit 2: 

Today's episode spoke volumes in itself and left me with less words to say. Today was all about sorting out the mess everyone's deeds and their pasts have made. From Romi to Raman - everyone looked back and saw their misgivings from earlier.

This track was very senseless, but for no other reason than the fact that Aly Goni's acting prowess was shown, I liked it. There was guilt, desperation, anger and the quiet sense of foreboding in his acting today. His accusatory look towards Shagun was powerful all in itself.

Did not understand Puttar's handling of him. Yes, he's done too many mistakes to count, but beating up someone with a pan, in front of everyone is never going to be the solution. It made you feel sorry for Romi despite of his misgivings and then Mr.Bhalla's verdict - set the stone for some Bhabhi-devar bonding. The distinction was clear today - Bhallas are impulsive and rather strong willed while the Iyers think before they act and a preachers of peace. Probably stereotypical, but there was a transparent difference in the way they acted today - think about the consequences of sending him to jail, and then Ishita being the only one thinking of the actual reason behind the theft of the money. #JJmodeactivated

Raman's speech to Adi was short and to-the-point. Which is what Adi (and Shagun) needed - no sugar coated language and no false hopes. Finally Raman is thinking not just about his son's present, but the precedent they are setting up with this false environment of a family.

Shagun's downfall is not her viciousness or past deeds; it is in fact her delusional state of mind. She has been confident about Raman's blind love for Adi and thinks she knows Raman. She does - but she doesn't know RKB. The man who is far from the mellow man she married and left. His anger and his steel-headed decisions - she doesn't know him.

I read somewhere that by doing this Raman chose Ishita over Adi. I'd like to correct that it was never going to be choice for him (although I wrote an OS on the same thing). You have different places for your wife and your son. It's not an either/or equation. Raman simply stated some facts that needed stating a month ago and tried to undo his mistakes. Ishita, as we all know, brought back his ex-wife for him, never tried to wedge anything between the father and son and she was never going to be the one to ask Adi or Shagun to leave. It had to be Raman who made a decision. The fact is not that marriage takes precedence over children. It is rather that relationships change from the past to the present. Raman finally got the idea of how wrong it was to expect his current wife to live with his ex-wife. He got it into his head that sending Adi away with his mother didn't mean sending him away from himself. It simply meant not torturing his wife and his daughter who was left by the said person when she was a measly six-month old.

Toshi ji is a yo-yo who I don't know what my feelings are for right now. But she was right in introspecting her upbringing. I said this on an old thread of Gan's, but I'll paste it here:

Even Raman was once blinded by HIS wife and HIS son and Romi is always just about HIMself and Simmi was also once blind and selfish when the Param fiasco came to light. There is absolutely something wrong with the way they handle their kids - the same thing is now happening with Adi and to a certain extent Ruhi. Raman and Simmi have paid their dues for their blow-ups, now it's seriously time for Romi to understand where his faults lie and correct them.

The hug - well it spoke volumes for itself. It's about comfort and companionship. It's about never leaving a man behind. It's just them.

About the continuous praise for Ishita - though it annoys me too - I have to say that it goes to show how caring Raman actually is. He knows what it feels like to have short-comings. There is a reason why he is a ruthless and successful businessman today. So he tries to get rid of the feeling of short-coming Ishita has. Not just because she deserves it, but also because he is simply that good of a husband. #givemeputtar #Ishita - BEWARE!

Romi-Shravu-Ruhi scene was cute and showed the innocence that kids have without overdoing it. Tending to their uncle's wounds and cheering him up with their stupid talks - that's family. Sending your kids to do the same and standing at the doorstep feeling relieved to see someone looking after him - that's family.

Edited: Gifs.

To RKB, his return and the return of his balls:

To his speech to Adi which had everything we've been ranting about for months:

To Shagun's plan and her expressions:

From Romi and co to Shagun:

To the CVs, who I plead to show logical episodes like today:

Edited by SurrealFantasy - 9 years ago
avni_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
RESSS
Editeddd...

Hayee... what a beautifull episodeee!!!😳

Kya duliye ki Raman ne? First his sarcastic smile to Romi, phir pulling him slowly to kitchen to get hit with tawa..oh God, I was like haye rabba.. save this munda from Raman's wrath! 

Ufff... I got scared!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Finally Putter is in form and he is getting awesum screen space.. I'm loving it!😳

Raman did the best thing to Adi today.. Hope Adi understands what Raman said. The sceen was good. It should have been done in the beginning itself.

IshRa IshRa IshRa.. their hugg was SUPER HEAVENLY...☺️

What an emotional scene... Praising Biwi for being the PerfectMa!😳

Their Comfort level is just increasing day by day!! Uff!!😳😳😳

Tight hug, Biwi caressing his cheeks...what did he do with her fingers..wiped his lips in the corner ya tears!πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³  

I'm gonna make their tight wala hug edit!😳😳😳  Will definitely tag those who are following me😳

Romi... uff...what a precapp!! Maardala yeh munda ne!πŸ‘

Apshagun , kisse panga le rhi hai? Punjaban Sher se... LOL!! Apshagun's face was worth watching.. like a trembling billiπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

His garbage dialougee was BANG ON! Yo Romi, go and throw her there onlyπŸ‘

I love you Romi...😳
Putter was lookingg HAWWTTT IN PURPLE..Waise all colors suits him...☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️
#PutterIsMineToo πŸ˜³

Edited by avni_19 - 9 years ago
-K.13- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Final over & I've rewatched all of this week's YHM episodes!  Best. Day. Ever. πŸ₯³
Thanks again for all the positive wishes! 

@Gan & Doc & everyone else in this thread - I read everyone's posts during my free time today, and I'm just blown away by the combo of everyone's thoughtful analysis, fangirling, and perfect GIFs! After reading all of that, it's hard to find something to add to the conversation that hasn't already been mentioned! 

But here are some of my quick points:
  • My heart broke with Romi & Aly Goni did a fabulous job of portraying the range of Romi's emotions today.  Romi needs to be taught responsibility. His past had to catch up with him eventually, but is this the way?  Based of solely his point of view he is being taunted and isolated from his family in a time when he's questioning his manhood.  In terms of story-telling, this is the perfect time for his character to either (1) rebel completely or (2) reflect and grow.  I know that we're all rooting for option #2!
  • On the flipside - everyone again molly coddled Romi after learning about the chori.  Hopefully being disowned is enough to knock sense into him!
  • Also did anyone else notice that Raman didn't mention the Sarika Saga when he was listing off Romi's previous kaands? I wonder if it was on purpose, if he forgot about that saga, or my preferred option, he was only listing Romi's actions against the Iyers...
  • Toshiji needs to stop match-making, period.  She has a son who is a divorcee (though not really his fault), a daughter who is in the process of getting a divorce, and another son who commits kaand pe kaand.  Please, Toshiji, Rinki ko toh baksh do!   Luckily the Bhallas also have Mr. Bhalla in their lives who did a good job match-making the second time around for Raman!
  • The conversation between Raman & Adi was wonderful.  The maturity of how the scene was pieced together deserves an πŸ‘. 
  • Related to that conversation...Shagun's fangs are now out in the open.  She actually accused Ishita of kicking out Adi in front of everyone.  This begs the question, how much farther can they stretch the story if all of Shagun's "intentions" (whatever they may be now) are in the open? 
We can only hope that this upcoming Rinki wedding natak is the last straw for this Shagun nonsense!  When I saw the article about Shagun's "friend" bringing the rishta...my immediate thought was, "Did I read that correctly?  Shagun has friends? What?"

Also - Here is the statement I believe our sweet purple-clad Puttar has been making of late: 

#1 more episode #great anniversary week
Edited by krishy13 - 9 years ago
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: krishy13

Res bc I have a final in 4 hours πŸ€“

Good luck!!! Go kill it :)
RomComFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
RES... to making the hard  decisions  and taking a stand  and recognizing when tough love is in order.

--EDIT----
Gan... the collage  *uff- my heart*  *dramatic swoon* #only the couch to catch me.
Love your post G, happy belated to another Feb baby!
Love all the gushy posts  today and appreciate the b-day wishes, posts and pix everyone.  My sincerest thanks to you all.

Coming to today's episode... wow, right?  Is it too soon to  congratulate the CVs on getting their brains back and bringing the focus back to the USP of YHM?... probably.  But for today, because of the terrific episode, because it's a special day for me, because it's the day before ISHRAnniversary, I say  a job well done CVs, hope this continue-  the pace, the emotion, the action and the immanent conclusion of the SHADHI show.😊

So loved this episode, all the big moments and the small ones.  Loved that look on Shagun's face as she watched Romi getting a beat down... if she weren't a woman I can gurantee she'd get the same treatment from RKB once the truth is revealed.  But alas  that will not be.  But the slightly 'deer caught in headlights' look on her face, the trepidation and  the shock is all indicative of the fact  that she knows what the potential outcome of her truth coming out might be... and I am so glad she is finally starting to realize what it means to wake the sleeping lion!

Seeing the apprehension and the quick falling of confidence  on her face, one thing is clear to me and her- this is not the Raman she knew and this is certainly not the outcome she expected.  One thing I have always maintained is that a huge flaw is Shagun's plan is her underestimation of RKB- she only knows  the Raman Bhalla she was married to-  she does not know this man, RKB, Ishita's Raman- today she got a glimpse and it terrified her  because if this is his actions towards the brother he loves then his response towards the ex he admittedly despises will be a treat to watch.    He has already taken the first step in showing Shagun her place with his little talk with Adhi wherein he  confirmed Ishita's place in his life and showed that he was standing by his promises to Ishita of her value in his life.  Once the truth about Shagun comes out ... of course he won't get physical, but he doesn't need to- RKB has many other weapons in his arsenal and he knows what to use against whom for maximum impact.  I can't wait until he tuns his target towards her. Because once he knows everything...

I also loved that I got a real glimpse of my favourite cuties - Ru & Shravu...  wonderful to see them tending to Romi.  Love that Shravu called Romi 'chachu', once again showing the tightly wound ties of this beautiful extended family.  Another interesting  moment from that moment is when Shravu tells Ru that 'boys don't feel pain'  it really reinforces some of the stereotypical 'strong silent  man' ideals that society generally adheres to, and YHM seems to imply needs to be reconsidered by showing the  pain and silent suffering endured by their leading men; the fact that this statement is followed by Ru's refusal of the fact and her soothing the wounds also works very nicely to combat the idea.    This is one of the reasons I always appreciate the CVs, the clever ways in which they put forth and refute stereotypical ideas in very subtle manner and this is certainly one of the best examples of such. 

As well, that small moment when Toshi questioned her own parenting  was wonderful to see. She is a good mother, no doubt, but her indulgent parenting has lead to some tough reality checks for her children.  And she seems to be following the same route with Adhi.  I hope that the CVs do  follow through with this idea and have a talk about parenting styles and mistakes beyond 'Ishita is a great mother/Shagun can't parent' in order that the same mistakes do not get repeated with Adhi and also so that  Romi is no longer indulged once they 'get over' this transgression as the truth is revealed.  This is a discussion that needs to happen. Because this is a real issue- one that is practices by many, including RKB with his son until today.  Today Raman realized his truth and flaws on his own... hopefully   his mother does as well.  To that end, I appreciate that the CVs presented the talk with Adhi as a realization and decision on Raman's part and not influenced by Ishita,that he reaches this place on his own is very important and I am glad that it was shown as such.

Loved Neelu today BTW, she looked  pretty.πŸ˜ƒ
#More Neelu, less Shagun
#Back to basics YHM
#Shagun be gone

Oh, and this just bears repeating: tomorrow is ISHRAnniversary!!!!!!!!!!!  The  ISHRA 'dum  dum  dum' moment [sound of the  melam/ miruthangam during the thaali/mangalsutra tying] was on Feb 13, 2014 so the day is officially here ladies.  i am certain Shagun will interfere  with any planned celebrations, but i am just as certain that we will get an unforgettable ISHRAnniversary surprise  from the CVs with our beloved RKB and his JKR.  I can't wait

#CVs don't let us down
#RKB +JKR 4EVA
#Do your worst Shagun
#Your days are numbered
#ISHRAholics unite

#next episode is  ISHRAnniversary ...and all I want  is for RKB to maintain his presence, recognize the manipulations and ISHRA to  demand and deliver a date to remember.

#ISHRAholics  leader
#TFS Doc
#Your sacrifice is appreciated

Edited by RomComFan - 9 years ago
Divya1503 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Res! 
Not sure how long I can be online...πŸ˜•

But the episode made me hyper so here I am!

Can't wait for tom's epiii!!!!!!!!!!! Go Romi Go!! 

Dont mind but I'm too excited today after watching the episodeπŸ€ͺ

Thank you Doc for the thread!  πŸ˜†
Edited by Divya1503 - 9 years ago
---CoCo--- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
res-what an episode 

---Edited---

"If you truly loved someone you won't become their enemy. You will become their guardian angel."~ Shannon L. Alder

"Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward." ~E.E. Cummings

"A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal." ~Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

What an episode! It had all the elements of YHM, that made me love the show and started watching it in the first place.πŸ‘ It had everything. Aly Goni was amazing as a confused, hurt, sad, and guilty person. 

The scene between Romi and Shagun was great. He finally realized his mistake about trusting Shagun. The way Shagun threathen him made me realize that Romi being impotent is a great track. We will see a man's pov in that issue and how society treats man like Romi. If the CVs handle this track, it can be an interesting side track.

Coming to the Raman-Romi confrontation. It was awesome. I dont know about Raman hitting Romi with a pan but Romi did deserve everything he got today. I loved how Ishita was the only one asking everyone to let Romi talk. Poor Romi nobody let him talk. I loved how Shagun was squirming because she is afraid that romi will open her mouth and her plan will be ruined. It was nice to see Shagun sweat after a really long time. 

Finally Mr. Bhalla had something to say that showed his acting talent. The man may not have man lines in the show but when he does, he has a big impact on the environment. He is always sensible and the only Bhalla that seems to have a brain all the time. 

Raman's speech to Adi was great. This RKB I have been waiting to see all this whole Shagun-Adi track. The Raman who will not let any injustice to any of his relationships. Finally Raman started acting like a father.

Shagun's expressions were worth a million dollars during Raman's speech because she knows that her plans are failing slowly. Specially the precap when Romi threatens her. Her truimp card Adi, is not going to be helpful either because everyone see through her plans now. Honestly Shagun deserves a slap and I hope Ishita slaps and kicks her out of her parents house too. 

What I loved about today's episode the most was the progress they have shown in Ishra's relationship. I love Ishita's JJ mode. I am glad she is using her brain and maybe we are coming to end of this track. I also loved that she did not interfere in any of Raman's decisions. She was a good wife and supported and comforted him. 

Raman is such an honest man that he went straight to his boss and told him the truth. I have so much respect for people like him really life too. πŸ˜³

What can I say about Romi and the children scene. It was so cute and sweet. It was good thing that Ishita did not let the children be affected by Mr. Bhalla's decisions. It is better for them to stay away from the household issues. Children innocence and caring nature can melt anyone and bring a smile on anyone's face. I am glad that Romi saw that Ishita still cares. i I think that was significant in the upcoming episodes. We will probably see a big change in Romi. 

Overall we need more episodes like today that have a balance of drama with logic with supporting and leads getting screen space. 

@RomComFan Happy Birthday Anu!!πŸ₯³
@ Gan When was it your birthday?😲 Well Happy Belated Birthday!!πŸ₯³
Wishing both you with happiness and success 
Edited by cocololo123 - 9 years ago
Divya1503 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: krishy13

Res bc I have a final in 4 hours πŸ€“

all the best Krishy! πŸ˜³

shadeslayer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yay! you named it #Ishraholics AnonymousπŸ˜†
As for puttar,
#IStakeClaimToo
#PuttarIsMineToo
#IshraholicsAnonymous #Forever

Edited--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Since I was young, I have always known this: Life damages us, every one. We can't escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other" 

Veronica Roth 

Romi- A wayward spoilt child of the Bhalla family with his heart in the right place. I mentioned this in yesterday's post- We can hope for the best as long as they maintain this character of Romi's and looking at today's episode and the precap- I am happy that the CV's have not disappointed me- yet. It will now be interesting to see how Romi redeems himself- He has made way too many mistakes and the day had to come when he atones for it. In spite of the fact that I wanted him to be punished for his deeds- I also felt a little bad for him today- especially during his scene with the kids. And how far as an actor has Aly Goni come!!!!! The look of repentance he gave to Ishita on realizing that she is the one who sent in the kids- Brilliant- Another name to be added to the list of powerhouse performers in this show. The likes of KP,DT Shruti, and other senior actors is rubbing off very well on him.

Now coming to my Puttar- Finally!!!! Finally the moment we all have been waiting for since ages. For Puttar to finally, without mincing any words explain to Adi that he and his mother are now divorced and the Adi's dream i.e. ADI's version of a  perfect family is never possible now. Because he has got his very own perfect family. Beautifully explained by Raman- how he would always love him; but how his mother can no longer live in his house. And for the hundredth time- Wish the kid trained a bit more, became a better actor- the impact of that scene would have been so much more better. And what can I ay about KP- perfection again!!!

Puttar-Biwi- First of all Puttar in purple had me going all- β˜ΊοΈ

#PuttarIsSexy #PuttarInPurpleIsSexy #PuttarIsMine #ILovePuttar 

Coming Back- Beautiful scene- Just how comfortable are these two now- another bear Hug!!! Me likes!!!! #BrokenRecordAlert- Airhead has no clue about the depth of the relationship these two share. #IHeartPuttarAndMissus. Tomorrow is the wedding anniversary- Of course there is time for it in the show- but I hope we al least get an uninterrupted Ishralicious moment. Since there is still time for Shagun to be thrown out. #HopeIsAllIHave

Airhead- #BimboAlert- Was it just me, or did Airhead look like she was Imagining herself in Romi's place during his pitaayi? As for her plans- this is my reaction always-

And this gonna be the fandom's reaction once Shagun is finally thrown out-

Current Dreams-When will Shagun get this-

P.S- Belated Happy Birthday Gan!!!!

Edited by shadeslayer - 9 years ago