Aditi_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: jhanvi.123

tomorrow is sunday too... kal hi update kar do pleeej!πŸ˜ƒ
I loved the update completely!❀️
It was amazingπŸ€—
The turmoil Viraj was going through was fantastically portrayed!πŸ‘
And Nisha deriving the perfect conclusion out of Jwala and Kirti's discussion was awesome!πŸ˜ƒ

Waiting for the next update! :* :*

Haha :P I will try pakka :P
And thaank you sooo much!! :* πŸ€—
When I wrote this I was reminded of the time we were discussing why Nisha couldn't be smart :P
neetr91 thumbnail
superb update...eagerly waiting for nisha 's explanation and viraj's reaction.
Aditi_28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: neetr91

superb update...eagerly waiting for nisha 's explanation and viraj's reaction.

Thank you!! πŸ˜ƒ
The update is below...
Hope you like it! πŸ˜Š
Edited by Aditi_28 - 9 years ago
Aditi_28 thumbnail
This part is supposed to be the last note of the crescendo that was building up. I don't know if I've done justice to it, but I still want to dedicate this part to Shivangi (_UptoNoGood_) and Jhanvi Di (Jhanvi.123). Shivi was one of the reasons I thought I should try writing and Jhanvi Di herself knows what a big help she was to me yesterday. To the temporary goodbyes and amazing friendships!

PART 19 :

He meant to be a little sarcastic with his words, mocking her, like someone seething with anger would.
But no, the sophisticated prince that he was, he could never make mockery of someone, especially when they were vulnerable. How Un-Rajputish would that be!
Instead he just sounded kind. But that didn't mean he was out of his senses like the night before. Logic had kicked in and brought annoyance with it.
Unknowing to all this, Nisha held on to the tone in his voice and forced herself into believing all would be well soon. Following Viraj when he began walking towards the small patch of lawn behind the building, Nisha tried to arrange her thoughts into a sequence that sounded coherent as well as believable. Nisha walked behind Viraj as he led her to the bench on the side. She braced her self as he sat down, motioning to her to repeat the action.
She shook her head and balled her fists, nervousness shadowing all her senses. Sitting down wasn't a good idea in such a case. She had already begun hyperventilating. A look from Viraj brought her back to the present and she began, "I am sorry Sir. Even if I had legitimate reason for doing so, I still lied to you. That itself is my biggest crime."
Viraj snorted mirthlessly. How true. This was one thing I would have definitely said after she finished her monologue.
Not reacting to his interruption, Nisha continued. "The day I had entered your house, to get the appointment letter signed, I stumbled upon a chest. There were many unsent postcards there, all addressed to someone called "Ma". Shamsinghji had told me on the very first time that your father had died but when I asked him your mother, he wouldn't answer."
Bless the man... , thought Viraj.
"I didn't know what the letter was about and when I scrambled to keep it back, I read a part of it. Here, I apologise again, I should have kept my curiosity in check. But after that, you came in and I hurriedly kept the letter in my bag, not realising that I'd taken something of yours."
Viraj saw her eyes shine with purity and innocence. Or maybe the glint was sunlight that reflected off her eyes. Whatever it was, it made Viraj believe in her. This was stupid...but then, she is very childish. Her words do not reek of greed and ulterior motives. She doesn't look like she wants something out of this. Viraj nodded.
Taking that as her cue, she went on, "When I came back home, I saw the letter in my bag. I read it properly and felt very sad. Not for you. Oh no, don't even for a moment think that I felt sympathy or pity for you. You are strong enough to catch the lemons that life throws at you. What I felt sad that I couldn't be friend good enough. You needed someone to confide in, to be comfortable around. You called me a friend but I could not stand up to the title."
Viraj had felt indignation at first, when he thought he was receiving sympathy. But when she decided to turn the tale to her heroic - syndrome, Viraj was flabbergasted. She definitely wanted to be the hero (not the dramatic heroine. Always the hero), that he had seen before. She was too helpful. Solve everyone's problems, help everyone seemed to be her mantra. In the process she did forget many times that people needed to learn to solve their own problems. That they have the capability to solve them. All this good for an observation, but to be on the receiving end of her help, especially the one that had gone bad was tough.
These thoughts struck just as suddenly and as powerfully as a bolt of lightening. Just like a bolt of lightening, they illuminated the scenario briefly. And then they faded away.
Before he lost this thread of thought, he stopped her. "Tell me Ms. Nisha, what made you think I needed help? What made you think you could help? Again, I appreciate the effort. It is commendable that you thought of me so much. But didn't you think that I could handle my aloofness on my own?"
Nisha had her reply ready. "Sir, I had been watching you for almost a month when I decided to take up a new identity - email wali female. When I had read the card that you wrote to your mother, I was touched. But it was later that I decided that I ought to help you. I felt pained to see you alone and I had tried to entertain you as Nisha. But you made a perception. A perception that I was a good natured but immature person. That I could be friend but at a distance. You wouldn't let me come close. Never to the extent that you shared your thoughts with me. In fact, I hadn't seen you be comfortable with anyone. Not even Shekhar! Though I'm glad about it now..." she trailed off.
"Sir, I just wanted to do my bit, hoping that I would help you. That I could be your much needed went out. That I could bring back the Viraj Singh Rathor that was lost. In retrospection, I should have thought whether you needed my help or not. But I'm Nisha, Sir. Impulsiveness is second nature to me." She grinned while saying that. Viraj was surprised. To know your faults and talk about them was either cavalier attitude or high self confidence. What is Ms. Nisha exhibiting?

"I have of course paid a lot for that. And I will try to change it some day. But for now, I only want to explain that I wanted to help. Whether you wanted it or not, whether you'd take it or not. So I did. Plus, I'd confirmed that a few lies for your benefit wouldn't hurt anyone. And you took the help that was offered to you, which of course meant you needed it. When you slowly started coming closer to Aarti, as you named me, I began to hear the warning bells. I wanted to tell you everything before anything went wrong. But when I had decided to, my parents found out."
Edited by Aditi_28 - 9 years ago
Aditi_28 thumbnail
Because the previous part had become too big, I separated them into two parts.

PART 20 :

She went on to narrate how she requested her parents, how they agreed to give her some time and how she tried to tell him the truth during the Rajasthan Youth Talent Competition. She was stopped too many times by circumstances and people. In the end, she finally decided to let things be. "I had promised papa that I would stop the emails soon. After giving it a proper closure. But when I just couldn't tell it to you, I decided to drift apart. To make it look like Aarti wanted to ignore Viru. It pained, but I did what I thought was the best. In the end, you yourself said the goodbye."
Viraj had too much to think of, too much to process. But something nagged him, "Why did you suddenly tell it to me now? You could have taken your secret to the grave and I wouldn't know. Why now?"
"Because you had begun to trust Nisha now. You had begun to open up with me. I didn't want a single lie, a single falsehood to marr this beautiful relation of friendship."

It dawned on Viraj that there was goodness in the world. That there were people who would keep him before themselves. Who could keep aside their pain and help him face his. It suddenly struck him that she loved him. Or had loved him. Was that why she helped him out? Not wanting to sour the moment, he kept the thought aside. She had probably moved on. Maybe she didn't even want to think about him that way...
And you? What about the small something that you feel for her? What about the happiness that floods you when you think of her? his conscience had crept back in to nag him.
Ignoring the turmoil in his mind over the sweet simple girl who stood before him, he apologised. He asked Nisha to forgive him for not trusting her enough. Thanking God for not taking a hasty decision, he decided to correct his mistakes.
The sun had gone up and the staff and students had started arriving while Viraj conversed with Nisha. They realized this when they heard a gunshot, the new students had begun practising without the coach. Viraj knew that she deserved a proper thanks and a proper apology, but now was not the time. He had to start the training and she had to practice as well. So he simply said, "Well Ms. Nisha, now that everything is cleared between us, why don't we start afresh? Will you promise to share everything with me, on the proper time? And that you will not act so impulsively?"
Nisha nodded. With a smile, she thanked him. She felt lighter than ever before, like she had been carrying a huge weight that had been lifted off her shoulders. She felt renewed. The love that she had been ignoring all the while, resurfaced. But they felt right. They gave her butterflies, but not because they made her nervous. The butterflies in her tummy fluttered due to happiness. What he felt, she knew. But now, she had become strong enough to accept rejection and still love him.
Who would tell her that he felt equally for her?Edited by Aditi_28 - 9 years ago
Aditi_28 thumbnail
RES 4
And that my dearies, was the end of this story!
Epilogue will follow tonight with a proper A/N :P
I have to rush off as of now, but please leave behind your comments! :)Edited by Aditi_28 - 9 years ago
_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
*touched* 
This was beautiful Aditi! 
Oh God...

Completely fits my idea of love and relationships! πŸ€—

Simple. Honest. Innocent. 

Perfect!

Thanks for updating. (And the public wala dedication πŸ˜ƒ )

Happy butterflies in my stomach too! β€οΈ
neetr91 thumbnail
loved ur update...the explanation of being aarti was well written...do update the ending soon.
smileeee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
For this!!! only I say u r just amazing, simply superbbb one.. Thanks a lot for sharing it Aditiii...Beautifully written!!!!

But now, she had become strong enough to accept rejection and still love him. 
Who would tell her that he felt equally for her?

Grishu30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing dear...u r an awesome writer..