Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

putturani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: simsim25

Aww the awkwardness within them when they begin to speak and the way abhi spoke to her! Greatly explained! And and and especially loved the last line! Literally dancing for the next update which I hope will be soon because I am v v v greedy lol! Fantastic part!

Thank you simsim! Don't worry about being greedy - I am very greedy with regards your works too!πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: advena

Hello!

I'm really glad you've decided to update this, and thank you for the PM! IPK is short for Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. The Arnav Khushi version of the show, not the sorry excuse going on now in IPK2. Personally, I've come across some of the most talented authors on that particular forum, like seriously talented. Arisai, Blue Mystique, Munchy, ReyaBear most of them have left the forum for the most part but at it's peak IPK probably had the most talented fanbase I have seen for a Hindi soap. 

Which is also why the forum basically spoiled me for other forums. I tend to look for the same standard and anything less is a disappointment. On to the update, so Abhi has hunted Pragya down two months before the divorce finally comes through?

I like the open vulnerability you've managed to project through Pragya, that acknowledgement that she was a stronger person before she 'fell in love' and that she recognized the change and felt disgusted with herself because of it. Wow. Beautifully done. 

I'm hoping to see a little more clarity on Abhi's part now. What is he thinking exactly. I mean is he just here because of the deadline, or because he wanted to apologize. Or is there more, are there realizations behind his actions? Anyway, I seem to have written you an essay here πŸ˜† do continue and update soon! Also, in reference to your authors note- the best pieces of writing are always the one's with a bit of your soul in them.

Thank you again for the PM and update soon!

Hi advena! Thanks for the IPK recs! I sometimes read FFs even if I have never even heard about the show (I actually started following YHM after reading a FF from one of my favourite KKB authors) so you've provided me with some free reading material for my next flight. πŸ˜ƒ

I'm so glad you liked how I portrayed Pragya. And thank you so much for pointing out that I need to be a little more clear about Abhi. I intend this to be a fic where Abhi tries to get redemption for the way he's treated Pragya but I'm finding it really difficult to make Abhi remorseful and vulnerable, and Pragya unforgiving, because in the show he is so remorseless and callous and powerful, while Pragya is ever-forgiving. Now that was a run-on sentence! Anyway, I will try to make his intentions clearer in the next part (although it's probably going to be through Pragya's POV. Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention! Always trying to improve.πŸ˜ƒ And now I've written an essay!πŸ˜†

Thank you!

Originally posted by: adventure_gurl

awesome, Abhi wants to become putty in her hands, just love it

Yes exactly πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†Thank you!

Originally posted by: rosetreasures

I like that this was in Abhi's point of view and that you had Pragya stand up to him. I can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds.

And yeah, you can call me Rose :)

Thank you Rose! It's much easier to write in Pragya's POV because my Abhi is so different from the one in the show but I am trying to stretch myself by writing him too. So I'm really glad you liked it. πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: aafrah

Puttarani! I love this one~

please please please do update soon, eagerly waiting for the next part! Dying to see abhi vulnerable before Pragya!!!
please PM when you update!~!
I LOVE your style of writing!
Much love to you!

Thank you aafrah! Means a lot coming from one of the few forum authors who manages to make me teary-eyed with her words! 
Diahh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow Rani!!! I am so glad that bhootni possessed you today!!! 

1. Coz It led me here to this amazing, wonderful, awesome second part of Endings!!

2.coz I know with  bhootni at work you are most likely to update soon!!! πŸ˜‰

Seriously Rani awesome story! Loved it! Waiting to see how you would proceed from this point. And I love your Abhi and Pragya!! The way you write is simply wow! No other word comes to my mind right now!

So glad that I got to read this! Thank you for the link! And plz do PM me when you update! πŸ˜›

❀️ to you! 
putturani thumbnail

Thank you!

Originally posted by: sam78

Awesome updates. Thank you.

Thank you!

Originally posted by: Diahh

Wow Rani!!! I am so glad that bhootni possessed you today!!! 

1. Coz It led me here to this amazing, wonderful, awesome second part of Endings!!

2.coz I know with  bhootni at work you are most likely to update soon!!! πŸ˜‰

Seriously Rani awesome story! Loved it! Waiting to see how you would proceed from this point. And I love your Abhi and Pragya!! The way you write is simply wow! No other word comes to my mind right now!

So glad that I got to read this! Thank you for the link! And plz do PM me when you update! πŸ˜›

❀️ to you! 

Thank you Diah! πŸ€— I'm glad you're happy with my haunting πŸ˜† Happy to see you here reading and commenting πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
swetha03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hi...
read the story...
really good
putturani thumbnail
And now we come to Part 3! Thank you so much for all your support so far. I'd first like to thank the wonderful and multi-talented -mina- for helping me with the more "adult" scenes and formatting. And secondly, I'd like to mention that part of this chapter was inspired by a scene in Courtney Milan's novella Unlocked which I highly recommend you read.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This chapter contains scenes that suggest actions of an adult nature. 

Now on to the story!

----------------------------

Last time:

"You want me vulnerable? As you wish."

Part 3: Bonded

"What - what do you mean?" She backed away in surprise. He too looked a little baffled for a second. Clearly, no matter what else had changed, his habit of putting his words before his thoughts hadn't. He regained composure quickly though.

"I mean exactly what I said. You want me vulnerable, I want to make it up to you. Come up to my room and I'll show you."

"Come up to your room? I am not your supermodel girlfriend Abhishek - "

"EX - girlfriend."

"I'm not stupid. Given your family talent for making incriminating videos, what's to say you won't have a camera inside, ready to humiliate the behenji who is so desperate she will go up to her ex-husband's hotel room for a quick romp?"

He jerked back as if slapped. She regretted the accusatory words as soon as they left her mouth. Yes, he had never trusted her, but he had also never given her a reason not to trust him. Yes, he had married her for deceitful purposes but had revealed the truth to her the next day itself.

He had a habit of blurting out truths to her, whether be it the truth of their marriage or the fact that Tanu had proposed to him. He had never let her down during the elaborate charade for her mother's health. For better or for worse, he was an open book. That's what had made her start to fall in love with him, wasn't it?

Abhishek Prem Mehra was many things, but underhanded was not one of them. She saw that although she had just insulted him, he met her gaze steadily, fearlessly.

"Okay."

"What?"

"Come up to my room - only to talk. And only because I want closure."

"Thank you."

Closure. Such a final word. Such a deceptive word. had come over her? She didn't even have a plan and yet here she was, heading straight towards her room.

It was strangely intimate to have him in the room with her, in what was technically her space. Although he looked awkward and ill at ease, his body seemed to take over the entire room. Still, she liked that for once she was more familiar with their environment than he was. "Sit." She indicated the little wooden chair. No way was she going to let him go near her bed!

"Why are you here Abhishek?" She sighed, "You've apologised many times, don't apologise again. But what do you want from this?" She waved a hand to indicate both of them, perched stiffly in their respective positions.

"I came here because I selfishly wanted to beg your forgiveness again and because I wanted to make amends. Guess that was one part of my rock star ego still remaining in me...I hoped that I might be able to make things up to you," he sighed bitterly. "But...I have learnt recently what self-loathing is..."

He had an anguished look on his face and she had to sit on her hands to stop them from smoothing out his frown. "I can never forgive myself for acting in a manner that made me feel that way. And if I can't forgive even myself for that, how can I even ask you to forgive me for making you hate yourself?"

He stood up again, "forgive me for wasting your time, and congratulations on getting selected as a delegate." He gave her small, sad, smile before turning to leave.

She had never seen the massive rock star so hunched over, so defeated, and she couldn't help herself. "Wait." He stopped in his tracks. "You never did tell me exactly what you meant when you said you wanted to be vulnerable to me." Her darned curiosity was piqued.

"It was a silly, childish idea. Two of the biggest problems in our marriage were that I never trusted you," he had the decency to look ashamed at this, "and that...I always had more power than you did."

When did he become so self-aware? "I thought that if I made myself vulnerable to you, then we would deal with both of those problems. You could have power over me, and I could show that I trusted you." His words sent a warm feeling washing through her body. How many times she had begged the universe that her husband would trust her, and here he was, offering himself up to her.

"And how exactly did you plan to make yourself vulnerable to me?"

"I hadn't really thought of that, he chuckled. "I don't know - you could call a press conference right now and say whatever you want as Mrs. Abhishek Mehra. I will arrange it so that all the journalists come. Or you could take the keys to my recording studio. Or you could take naked photos of me and keep it on your phone," he grinned.

Naked. Her eyes widened at his last suggestion. Now why did that sound so much more appealing than it should? To her dismay, a crazy idea was already forming in her mind.  

"Stand next to the bed." He obeyed without question. She retrieved a teal dupatta from her handbag. Oh! He actually remembered this one; it had been his favourite outfit. Pragya twisted the long garment in her hands, as if testing its strength. Slowly, she approached him and lifted his right hand. Before he could process the tingling he felt from her touch, she had securely tied his hand to the bedpost. Abhi groaned. She was supposed to punish him, not do what he'd been dreaming about for months!

She stepped back to check her handiwork. She had to admit; it did give her a little thrill to see her strong husband tied to the bedpost. "So what do you think I'm going to do now?"

"Tie me up," he managed to choke out.

"If you knew, why didn't you stop me?" She said in surprise.

"Trust."

Pragya looked shocked at his answer. Sadly, he seemed to have lost her trust as soon as she had gained his. She stood there for a minute, looking him up and down, and a slow burn coursed through his body. He hoped she wouldn't look down again. Even his innocent Pragya would understand exactly what sort of punishment she was giving him.

"Well, are you going to just stand there staring at me or are you going to finish what you started?" he challenged.

"Shh..." she raised a slender finger to his lips. "Or I'll have to find some way to put your mouth out of commission too."

He had to bite his lip to stop himself from moaning. Was she really that innocent, or just that cruel? Either way, it wasn't helping his situation one bit.

But his dear wife seemed unconcerned with his troubles and was scanning the room. Oh dear, it didn't seem like she'd thought this plan through - there didn't seem to be anything left to tie up his other arm.

Undeterred, she determinedly walked back to her suitcase and pulled a red and gold dupatta from the very bottom. The gatbandhan dupatta! She had pulled out the garment that had literally tied them together for the first time. Had she carried it with her all these months?

Little waves of hope nudged the embankment around his heart. Could she possibly still have feelings for me?

Pragya seemed oblivious to his turmoil, however, as she started to tie up his other hand.

It was so ironic that even though he was being tied to a lamp bracket with his own nuptial knot, he felt freer than he had in months. As she tightened the knot around his wrist, the knot in his heart loosened with hope.

Unfortunately, she wasn't having very much success with this hand, and had to climb on a chair to reach the bracket. Even more unfortunately, this position put him very, very close to her.

He had a wonderful view of the shadows underneath her blouse. Just one little exhale and he could plant his nose right on the little dip in her collarbone. If he moved his head just an inch his lips would land on her chest. Stay still, stay still.

Pragya fumbled with knot. He was so, so close to her. If she sighed, his lips would graze her scorched skin. If she bent her head just a couple of degrees his hair would graze her chin. Let your head fall, it'll be worth it.

No. Nothing was worth bending her head for. The memory of what had happened last time she'd let her hormones act around him pierced her mind. Never again. She had to increase the distance between them. His heavy-lidded gaze was drawing her in and she dropped her eyes, only to fall on something far more unsettling.

"Enjoying this a little too much are we?" She mocked. Gulp. An Adam's Apple moving up and down. She wanted to place her lips on it. Focus.

"No," he croaked. "It's just been a very long time." Wrong answer. 

"Of course. Of course you wouldn't voluntarily be attracted to poor little Chashmish. But your body wants it. And maybe I'll give it what it needs. Everybody already thinks I'm damaged goods. Might as well get something out of the bargain. Anyway behenjis like me wouldn't get kissed any other way." She leaned into him.

"No. I don't deserve to be your first kiss. You should share your first kiss with someone who makes your heart fly, who makes you feel free, who makes your world colourful."

If you say so.

She kissed him.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading. Please leave your comments and (especially) criticisms - they really help me grow as a writer. All feedback is really meaningful and much appreciated.

-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
resss

unress

oooh i had no idea where it would go with that "no", and i'm so glad you took it where you did!

another gorgeous update rani. i like that you're foregrounding the power imbalance between them - that you have abhi acknowledging and feeling bad about it. and i am sooo beyond happy that this pragya is as she is. hope to continue seeing her deciding to go for everything, on her own terms!

thank you for this amazing story - and for not leaving abhi where poor evan was left all night...i mean i know abhi might still get just such a punishment but at least there was the kiss first :P

i have to say i am much much more into the symbolism of the dupattas than the mountain climbing ropes ;)

basically what i'm saying is you've more than made the inspiration into your own thing and i love it and i feel so privileged (i know that sounds hyperbolic but i stand by my word choice :P) to be reading this treatment of this couple. great work and keep at it. and i'm always happy to help :)

ps write on the train anyway...tell your cousin to read a book or something :D
Edited by -mina- - 9 years ago
-mina- thumbnail
bump because i want this to be on page 1 πŸ˜‰
sara7iris thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow awesome and hot ...I love it ...It's very amazing chapter  I can't wait to read more from you... pls update soon 
putturani thumbnail

Originally posted by: -mina-

resss

unress

oooh i had no idea where it would go with that "no", and i'm so glad you took it where you did!

another gorgeous update rani. i like that you're foregrounding the power imbalance between them - that you have abhi acknowledging and feeling bad about it. and i am sooo beyond happy that this pragya is as she is. hope to continue seeing her deciding to go for everything, on her own terms!

thank you for this amazing story - and for not leaving abhi where poor evan was left all night...i mean i know abhi might still get just such a punishment but at least there was the kiss first :P

i have to say i am much much more into the symbolism of the dupattas than the mountain climbing ropes ;)

basically what i'm saying is you've more than made the inspiration into your own thing and i love it and i feel so privileged (i know that sounds hyperbolic but i stand by my word choice :P) to be reading this treatment of this couple. great work and keep at it. and i'm always happy to help :)

ps write on the train anyway...tell your cousin to read a book or something :D

Thank you Mina! πŸ˜ƒI've always been uncomfortable by the power imbalance between them so I wanted to fix it ... in the smuttiest way possible πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ As for Abhi's punishment...let's see how angry I get after watching today's episode.  Evan got a kiss in the story too, but that was one he took before being tied up, whereas Abhi's is thrust upon him. 

I'm really glad you liked the symbolism of the dupattas - I was wondering whether to bring that in or the bathtub bit (analogous to the pressure cooker scene) but I really didn't think Pragya would self-harm so dupattas it was. 

Thank you so much for your detailed comment and also for the bump πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
-mina- thumbnail
the forum is scarily busy right now, sorry the bump had no effect. πŸ˜•

i had hoped you'd take on the bathub thing but i agree with you about self harm. and it's a concept to keep in reserve for future exploration perhaps!! πŸ˜‰

i like how you've sculpted this story so far. it doesn't need an analogue to the bathtub thing. πŸ˜ƒ

and i much prefer abhi being forced to receive a kiss vs elaine having to πŸ˜†