PK Business and Reviews updates #2 - becomes the highest grosser of BW - Page 33

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
PK- Can't believe Hirani took 5 years to make this?Such a disappointing film for a Hirani fan (actually fanatic) like me. Just a one time watch decent flick.The songs are bad,direction and editing is mediocre and sub-plots unnecessary. The film has it's hilarious moments but that's only because of Aamir's acting.He is fantastic and I feel one of his career's best performances.Nice to see Anushka having a parallel role in a Aamir Khan film πŸ˜†

Some instances in the film looked forced just to make the audience laugh(like the whole bus-marriage-vidva scene). Post interval, the film is a drag with the climax being too melodramatic (the whole Pak embassy think,my god )

The way they were hiding the details of the film, I assumed it would be something completely out of the world but khoda pahaad,nikla OMG. I think I would have liked the film more if they promoted it to be in the same genre as OMG.I personally feel, this is Rajkumar Hirani's weakest film till date.

Film made with good intention (loved the theme) but plot lost amidst too many subplots.
-chamkilli- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
@supercinemaent: #PK is the fastest do get to 200 crs in 8.5 days. Last movie to get to the 200 crs mark was #Dhoom3 and it got there in 10 days.
-chamkilli- thumbnail
@Mahesh_Aamir: By today ... #PK became the biggest grosser of 2014 crossing #Kick and 2nd biggest ALL TIME GROSSER after @aamir_khan's own #Dhoom3 !

Let's go!!
Mr.Chief thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
PK, a film that "stirs thought and discussion", continues to perform well at the Indian box office. It has earned Rs.214.14 crore so far.

Featuring Aamir as an alien, the film takes a hard hitting swipe at organised religion, god and godmen.

READ - PK: Lesser known facts

Vinod Chopra Films and Rajkumar Hirani Films, in association with Disney India, released PK on December 19 and since then it has been soaring high at the box office.

PK collected Rs.17.12 crore on Saturday, read a statement.

It is doing phenomenally well in the international market too.

The film also stars Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput and Sanjay Dutt.
Sahirkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
is gole ma jhooth aur DDLJ ke naam pe chalne wala 1/10th actur bahut hi ziyada ha...ektho baar hi sala 200cr paar kiye ha sasura..hath phalaye bas khade ho jawat ha aur apne ap ko actur bolat ha..award bhi nachiniyan karke le aawat ha
eka type ka acturwa ka sala pichwade ma trishul ke teetho mark maarne chahiye...useless flop actur wid flop critics ratings aswhell..πŸ˜†
Sahirkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
aree mere bra-thers aur bra-thers ke cisters,pleez mujhe sunday ka cullection batLao jaraπŸ˜‰
Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

PK 10th day 2nd Sunday Box Office Collections- Highest Grosser of 2014

December 29, 2014 

PK 10th day 2nd Week Sunday Box Office collection is 21-22 cr taking the 10 days and total collections to 235 cr. The Second weekend business is around 52.5 - 53.5 cr which is extraordinary to say the least as it is almost similar to second week collections of 3 Idiots.

PK has created pandemonium at the box office. The records PK will create especially from second week onward will take some serious good word of mouth to come even close to them let alone break them. The first week record might not stay for long with increase in number of multiplexes and ticket prices but the second week record will take some time to get beaten.

• Friday :- 26.63 cr
  • Saturday :-30.34 cr
  • Sunday :- 38.24 cr
  • Monday :- 21.22 cr
  • Tuesday :- 18.85 cr
  • Wednesday - 19.55 cr
  • Thursday :- 27.55 cr

Second Week Collections

• Friday :- 14.44
  • Saturday - 17.12 cr
  • Sunday - 21- 22 cr

Total (10  days) :-234.94 cr (estimates)

-chamkilli- thumbnail
@Sahir_Dhoom: North America
#PK (10 days) - $7.9M
Dhoom 3 (10 days)- $6.8 M
Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Girish Johar @girishjohar  

So #veryearlytrends suggests a roughly 50crs 2nd wknd for #PK ... WOOW

Edited by Sharif.Badmaash - 9 years ago
MesmerizingSanz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Finally got to watch the movie
a bit boring in parts but overall  a very good movie  with a strong message, will definitely watch it second time

Amir was good but i loved Anu more, she acted well and has very  good skin

Ranbir was cute at the end

Did he do something with the ears or they are natural

Edited by MesmerizingSanz - 9 years ago