People are more interested in my personal life: Ameesha Patel

Posted: 9 years ago
Ameesha Patel talks about the 'special' qualities she brings to a brand, Sanjay Dutt and equation with Kunal Goomer

Suddenly we see you in hoardings and newspaper advertisements all over. What sunglasses are these that you are promoting?
An unexploited territory! (smiles) People have been foolish not to have me as a brand ambassador so far. Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and many others look amazing in what they are doing but there is also an Ameesha who has certain qualities, which she brings to a brand that others cannot.

Such as?

People have often complimented me on my flawless skin and lovely hair. Glamstar had the guts to come to me. Perhaps they had seen me wearing different sunglasses and they look good on me. I knew they would go all out with the propaganda. (pauses)

Go on...

You need to pump in a lot of money if you really want a brand to register. It wouldn't have happened if I were the brand ambassador for a soap.

But where are these glares available? People hardly find them...only a shop in Bandra had a few pairs...

Soon they would be available in malls and bigger stores. They will take time to break into every shop.

Some say that these sunglasses don't exist...

Itna paisa kisike paas nahin ki pagal jaise bahata jaye. Try to understand. There are few exclusive outlets right now. After gauging the response, the availability will be increased. Our target audience is school and college kids. Glamstar is a New Delhi based company.

There are rumours about Kunal Goomer funding these ads. And also about a friend in Pune...

That friend in Pune is dead. She was my granny. Gosh how many people are funding me? I should be buying buildings then. Did Katrina fund Boom? Did Deepika fund Om Shanti Om? Did Dr Nene fund Madhuri's return? People are more interested in my personal life. And what is this 100 cr club? If Gadar had released today it would have amassed Rs 300 crore. Nobody estimates and highlights that.

You endorse Gitanjali as well...
Now will you say that I have funded that too? My face was made for jewellery. The going is good, man.

People say that your friendship with Sanjay Dutt and Maanyata went for a toss after Sanju asked you to cover up your glamorous outfit at a party.

I was invited to their recent Mata Ki Chowki but I was out of town. Sanju has always been protective about me. When I went for the Agneepath party, he said ye chaddi pehen ke kya ghoom rahi hai? The way he doesn't want his daughter to be a part of the industry, he wants me to get married to a rich guy and sit at home. He even came to me with a proposal to marry one of his Gujju friends in Chicago.

How happy are you with your acting career?

My film with Aamir, Salman and Hrithik flopped. Who would have expected films with such top heroes to do badly? Yes, I did some bad films but that happens with everybody. I yearn to do a lot more work. Now, I have some good films coming up- Shortcut Romeo, Race 2, Bhaiyyaji Superhit and Singh Saab The Great. As an actor, I don't think even Amitabh Bachchan is satisfied.

But why did you disappear from the acting circuit?
I wanted to set up my production house with Kunal Goomer. And I didn't want to do it halfheartedly. We had a mission and we accomplished it. I couldn't have done it when I was ten years older.

Risky idea?

Everything is a risk today. I have always taken risks. Did any actress after her maiden superhit play a middle-aged mother like I did in Gadar?

But why have you not produced a film yet?

We were never supposed to do films with David Dhawan and Priyadarshan immediately. I guess that's what led to speculations. The two of them are very much on board but we are first going with Desi Magic wherein I play a double role. That film is Kunal's labour of love, his idea, his story.

Should've asked you in the before, what about the reports about your romantic liaison with Kunal?

Only because we are two good-looking people?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I thought the last time people were interested in Amisha was 2003. ðŸ˜†

She def had some good acting chops in Gadar and screen presence in KNPH--too bad her relationship with Vikram and her bad script sense ruined a pretty good shot at a successful career.
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
HHAHAHAHAHAHAH W*F did i just read
So much of self praising man. This girl is as delusional as it gets

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Yes. Aliens  on Pluto are very interested in Ameesha. They're wondering what one of their kind is doing on Earth.Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 9 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
"Everything is a risk today. I have always taken risks. Did any actress after her maiden superhit play a middle-aged mother like I did in Gadar?"

What is she talking about?? ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†

She wasn't middle-aged in Gadar at all! She was shown to marry Sunny Deol's character right after school after the Partition riots broke out which made her 17-18. 

Even if they showed that she went back to Pakistan after 10 years, she would still have been 27-28. ðŸ˜†

So 27-28 is the new middle age, eh. ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
because bollywood mein kuch discuss karne ka hai nahi apke bare mein 😆
ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
A  good actress  was lost long ago because of bad script sense and insecurity
rimi2983 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Please send her to Big Boss ðŸ˜Ž She'll be a bomb there!!! We need you in BigBoss Ammesha,...pretty please.

Did she give those answers as fun or was she serious?
shiningways2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ppl interested in ameesha's personal life??? Really? Thats strange becoz I was completely unaware of her existence right after Gaddar. Who the hell she is trying 2 fool, n her statement that her movies with sk n ak flopped..umm what she wanna say that hey I had no talent from beginning of career n can act like Asthma patient only. Huh!
jibber-jabber thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Correction: People are least interested in anything that is even remotely connected to you.