canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
Veena, now I am blushing reading the teaser. πŸ˜³
Now this is called "Dreams and wishes coming true". πŸ˜‰
mayurisb80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ohh DD...that  is a wonderful journey...with Arnav and Kushis nok -jok...now they meet again...looking fwd ...
arhi_crazy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
A beautiful ts. The first part was too much hilarious- platform no. 9 3/4, khushi thinking arnav wanted her jalebi🀣

Wow. So 11 yr old khushi consoled a grief stricken 16 yr old arnav. Destiny is really ajeeb. Arnav recognised her and wants her in his life. I hope abhinash is a teenager for his own good or else what will arnav do with him πŸ˜†

Teaser- Khushi will kiss arnav...
Jo wada kiya hai Khushi, use nibhana padegaπŸ˜‰
IPK007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Hey Veena πŸ€—

All caught up...this is such a warm, amusing, lighthearted story. Exactly what the doc ordered:) Loving it. Will leave a detailed comment after the concluding part :)

Love you,

Jen
-Saumya- thumbnail
First things first, I love this sanki Khushi. She seems so much fun and a constant reminder of the Khushi I loved from the show. Arnav is surprisingly very fun and an equal participant in the nok-jhok that takes place between them so very often. And is Khushi the same eleven year old he met on the train all those years back? Seems like the case!

A very cute series, DDC1. I've had a great time reading. Continue soon?
DDC1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

I apologize for the long delay in posting. No excuses.. just Sorry!

This is the last chapter of the Hum Safar journey. Hope you enjoyed the TS and if you did, please leave comments.

Chapter 3 CrossRoads

Gupta House was a beehive of activity as people scurried around preparing for Payal's wedding.

Madhumati Gupta fondly known as Buaji, sat in the living room of the Gupta house chatting with her brother.  She had just passed by a listless Kushi who was curled up on her favorite swing with a book that she definitely was not reading.

"Sasi babua  what is wrong with our Sanka devi?  She is unhappy about something"

The Sanka Devi in question was showering a certain Laad Governor with choice words.  "I'll be seeing you Kushi" she imitated his voice "Hasn't even called me once.  Hmmpf seeing me!"

Sashi Gupta patted his sister's hand in an effort to comfort her "Its expected Didi.. she must've just realized her Jiji is leaving us for her sasuraal"

"Nahi.. its not that.. its something else in addition to Payal leaving us." Madhumati continued to worry about the niece who was as much a daughter to her as her own child would've been.  She had practically brought both girls up after the untimely death of their mother.  She prided herself about knowing every worry that bothered her nieces. Quiet Payal was easier to read than vivacious Kushi, who hid her worries under the cover of her personality.  But since the trip to Bhopal, Kushi moped around, unable to hide something that was gnawing at her. She would ask her Sanka Devi today Madhumati decided, as she walked away to supervise the seemingly endless tasks before the wedding.

The doorbell rang and Madhumati noticed Kushi sitting unmoving on the swing.

"Kussi o Kussi go see who is at the door"

"Hai re NandaKisor. Kussi .." she yelled again

"I'm going, I'm going..  don't make me deaf. Just so you know, I am not in the door opening mood" even as she swung the front door open.

"And why is that?" came the deep voice that she had been missing desperately. Kushi stood staring at the man who stood at her door, his lip curved in a smirk and one eyebrow quirked up.

She was conscious of her long skirt and t-shirt, hair caught up in an untidy ponytail while he looked so delicious in his Khakis and a white button down shirt. Arnav on the other hand wondered how she looked so good that he wanted to scoop her up into his arms and bury his face in her hair.

"A..aa..aap?" A small hand snaked up to touch him at the center of his chest, to be sure she hadn't imagined him.

"Haan.. me.. mein" Eyes darkening with mirth and desire, Arnav held her hand to his chest.  A tremor ran through her as he brushed her hand ever so gently against the bare skin exposed by his shirt.  He watched smugly as the color crept up her face and she blushed adorably.

Arnav felt the disquiet of the past week slowly melting away, as if her fingers magically soothed the ache missing her had caused. Kushi's shocked gasp as she tried to tug her hand away, brought him back to reality. He was standing at the door of a woman he had met once..maybe twice before, with her hand held to his chest and his Nani right behind him!! Pull yourself together man!

"Are you going to invite me in or shut the door in my face?"

"Ji... sorry.. please come in" Kushi kept staring at her fingers that felt singed by the heat from his bronzed skin.  She blushed noticing the large bouquet of white roses in his hand.

Another gasp followed as Kushi noticed Nani and immediately bent down to touch her feet.

"Kush raho bitiya" Devyani Riazada was very pleased! Her elusive, normally reticent grandson had told her they were going to meet someone who could possibly be an old acquaintance.  The blushing, beautiful child who touched her feet seeking her blessing and the pride on her grandson's face told her there was something interesting, very interesting going on.  Maybe he had brought her to meet the Raizada bahu she had been waiting for.  Naniji stepped into the Gupta house with a light heart.

"Naniji, please be seated...let me get Buaji and Bapuji."

Kushi rushed around bringing the elders to the living room, instructing the servants to send in refreshments. Arnav grinned when she came down in a sunny yellow anarkali, looking like the ray of sunshine she was.  Buaji held the bouquet in her hand as she reminisced about flowers her late husband would bring her, just like Arnav bitwa had!  Kya? The flowers were for Buaji?!

She glared at him as she handed him a plate piled with pakoras and jalebi. Nani interrupted her.

"Kushi bitiya, our Chote cannot eat sweets"

"Ji woh .. " she bit her lips unable to explain

"Hai re Nandakisor! Poor Arnav bitwaa. Ai sanka devi good that you made sugar free jalebi yesterday. Go bring them"

"Sugar-free jalebi? Were you expecting him?" Nani looked at the blushing Kushi and her smugger than usual Chote before distracting the attention of the brother-sister duo, giving the young pair a break.

Kushi busied herself with the tea tray when she felt a sharp tug on her dupatta. 

"Kushi show me those Anthuriums you spoke about" He pointed to the courtyard with his eyes.

What Anthuriums? What was he talking about?

"Your shawl" as he handed her a package, walking away before she could react.

"What?  Laad Governor!!"

As Arnav and Kushi rejoined the elders, they understood that the families had in fact met each other on a train a number of years ago, as Arnav had suspected. Arnav was ecstatic at this gift that his mamma had sent him. Looking at her Arnav vowed-Kushi Kumari Gupta your fate was sealed when you forced me to eat, twice!!

But Naniji and Buaji simply wanted to be left alone to bemoan the happenings of the years past and be thankful for the renewal of their unexpected acquaintance. Sashi Gupta on the other hand was pleasantly surprised at Arnav's inherent simplicity and polite candor. Industry speak about the mighty ASR had been vastly different.

"Sir could I speak to you.. alone?" As Sashi led him to the study, Kushi watched with mounting frustration as she was left alone again.  She decided to ignore him completely and locked herself in her bedroom, in the hope that he would come looking for her. Then he would look at the room and appreciate her paintings and say naughty things about the bed and .. and !!

Ensconced in her dreams she spent an hour pacing restlessly. No one came in search of her, and a peeved Kushi came down to find the Nani-Grandson duo had left already.

"I know the Rakshas has no manners but Naniji too?" She felt curiously close to tears.

"Hai re Sanka Devi. Where did you disappear to? I had to make excuses to Devyaniji on your behalf.  Have I not taught you anything girl?"

She had to call him and give him a piece of her mind! What excuse could she use? The shawl! She would thank him for the shawl & then yell at him she decided, opening the packet.

Tears flowed freely as she saw a perfect blood red rose nestled amongst the folds of the shawl like a precious jewel in a gift box.

"Arnavji"

"Kya hua? Missing me already?" came the teasing voice on the other side.

"Arnavji this shawl is not mine. I want my shawl back. It was my Amma's"

Arnav acted surprised "Oh I guess I gave you my Amma's then. I'll keep yours safe, you keep mine." and promptly hung up

His Amma's!!  The sanka devi who had been crying minutes earlier buried her face into the shawl breathing in a heady mixture of Arnav and his mother. Her heart told her the precious gift he had given her was not a simple mix-up!

Over the next week, Kushi waited for Arnav's phone call, not quite understanding why she couldn't just pick up the phone and call him.  To top it off, other people were messing her mood up as well.  The Ogre started it all!!

Bloody Idiot doesn't know how to keep his word. Her phone rang and she started her rant as soon as she picked up

"You know you are a bleeping idiot. Begging is not going to change that!"

"And why am I a bleeping idiot?"

A gasp was followed by silence. 

"Hello, bleeping idiot calling Kushi. Do you read me? Over!"

"Arnavji aa aap?" Sorry I thought you were Vishal"

Who the heck was Vishal? "What's wrong Kushi?"

The instant concern in his voice surrounded her like a favorite blanket. She wanted to rest her head on his shoulder. No, on his chest? Well somewhere and bawl!

"N..nothing, I gotta go" She hung up on him even as he heard her sniffle.

Cursing the unknown Vishal, Arnav called Buaji. He would kill him for making Kushi cry.

"Buaji why is Kushi upset?"

"Hai re Nandakisor she called you and whined?  Some Salman Khan thing she wanted to go to babua, her friend promised tickets and forgot."

Arnav blew out the breath he didn't realize he had been holding and hung up after thanking Buaji.

Later that evening a still upset Kushi was walking to her library when her phone rang.

"Where are you? Mohan is bringing you something."

"Near the library. What is it?"

"You'll see" came his enigmatic reply before he hung up.

"Laad Governor! Always hanging up on me. For his birthday I am going to give him a prepaid SIM card. Bewakoof"

Kushi opened the envelope Mohan handed her to find tickets to the Salman Khan event and backstage passes. What? How? How had he known? She made her first phone call to Arnav.

"Miss me?" came the now familiar husky caress

"Arnavji How? Why?

"How? AR is a sponsor. Why? Because I don't like you crying. The limo will pick you and your friends at 5 tomorrow." 

"Arnavji you've made me so happy. If you were here, I would've kissed you."

"Turn around Kushi"

Kushi stood frozen as his words sunk in. Hazel eyes widening, she slowly turned around to see him silhouetted against the vibrant evening sky, creating a memory that would be forever etched in her heart.

"Aap? Yahaan?"

"Kushi" her name was now a growl.

She ran into his arms like it was the most natural thing to do.

"Thank you  thank you.. thank you"

"No big deal Kushi. Do you want to come to the sponsors' dinner to talk to him?"

"Talk to Salmanji? Like in person? OMG wait till I rub this in that fool Vishal's face."

Arnav hid the smile that wanted to bloom, under a smirk. Vishal down you go, easy man!

"I'm still waiting Kushi"

"Huh?"

"For my kiss" he leered salaciously like a B-grade movie villain, trying to hide the raw need throbbing in his body. Would she? One never knew with Kushi.

"Arnavji...I .." Kushi was gasping for breath.  She wanted to kiss him but didn't want to kiss him! But in public?! Devi Maiyaa she couldn't breathe or think when this man was around.  Buaji was right, she was a pagli!

"What! Don't tell me you are going to cheat me. Oh! I am heart-broken and I don't even have any models around to console me"

"Fine!" A lone Raizada eyebrow shot up "One kiss"

"Really? Ok..come" he walked closer as she stepped away.

'Tum abhi bhi peeche jaa rahi ho...' 

'Aap abhi bhi...a-aage aa rahe hai...'

"Arnavji You.. you keep your hands to yourself ok? Deal?" Arnav grinned at the panic in her voice, appreciating that she wouldn't back away from the challenge. He pulled her behind a large tree that mostly obscured them from public view, hoping Aman wouldn't have to deal with a PR nightmare tomorrow. He shuddered as visons of newsprint screaming "Playboy ASR caught forcing himself on an innocent!!" Resting his back on the large trunk, he waited for her bravery.

Kushi's heart was pounding so hard that she was sure he could hear it. Did I have to say I would kiss him?!

"Close your eyes"

"What are you 15? Come on"

15! She would show him!

Kushi stood a foot away, held his shoulders for support, scrunched her eyes shut, pouted her lips and brushed her lips against his stubbled jaw. Arnav was in heaven!  His hand went around her waist urging her closer. His other hand gently turned her face to meet his lips in a tender, soul-stirring kiss. For a heartbeat he kept his lips unmoving, relishing her trembled gasp, before increasing the pressure ever so slightly. Her fingers dug into his shoulders as if anchoring each to the other irrevocably. 

Though heart and body urged him on, Arnav listened to his brain and pulled back before things got out of hand. Kushi swayed on legs that threatened to give way.  Arnav pulled her to him and dropped a kiss on her forehead. She looked at him with luminous eyes that spoke volumes about her feelings, before hiding her heated, blushing face in his chest.

Arnav knew he had to leave before he did anything stupid, like pulling her into his arms and kissing her until both were panting for breath. He had to protect her, this time from himself!

"Tum theek ho?"

Kushi was too dazed to reply or even nod.  Her first real kiss!  A first kiss that left her all tingly and made her feel like she walked on air.

"Kushi I got to go! I will call you" he promised.

Arnav kept his promise, calling her every night. Both found it increasingly easy to discuss the day's happenings, plans for the next day and even momentary silences were understood. They met for coffee though Kushi was busy with Payal's wedding, spending most of her time with her Jiji.

The elder Guptas went to Shantivan to invite the Raizadas to the wedding and all the pre wedding festivities. Arnav and his family arrived at the sangeet venue as promised. Nani made a beeline for Buaji. Arnav's eyes were searching for a flitting butterfly when he was almost tackled to the ground and enveloped in a bear hug.

"Arnav, I'm so glad you could make it"

"Aki Congrats man!"

"The engagement was a month ago Arnav" Arnav knew this would forever be rubbed in his face. "Well at least you made it to the Sangeet!"

"Sorry Akaash  I had to make an unplanned trip to London.  I did endure 8 hrs on the train with a sanka devi to come to your engagement." A pink lower lip pouted making him want to kiss it.

"Sanka Devi?  That's what Buaji calls Kushi. By the way this is Kushi my saali."

"Hello Kushi"

"Namaste Arnavji" she said calmly before turning to Akash "Jiju he's your friend? I thought you were sensible.. maybe I should ask Jiji to reconsider"

Akaash, Anjali and Aman looked at Arnav nervously waiting for a trademark ASR outburst. Arnav simply smiled.

"Aki I hope you are marrying the better sister man"

"Arnavji" she almost stuck out her tongue at him before remembering the others.

"Aman, Di this is Kushi. Kushi Kumaariii Guptaaa" he imitated

"Kushi my Di & my Jijaji to be Aman"

"Oh!... OH!" Anajli and Aman mouthed in unison much to Kushi's amusement and Akash's amazement.

"She's beau-ti-ful! Thoda paagal hai, par cute hai! That Kushi?"  

"Di" Arnav exclaimed, coloring up like a new bride.

Kushi glared at Arnav punching his chest "Kya?! I am pagal?"

"Didn't you hear the cute part Pagli?"

"Aman look my Chote is blushing!"

"Anajli leave poor ASR alone"

"Excuse me I have a dance to perform. I hope you like it!" she sashayed off leaving him juggling his jealousy and annoyance at the cool reception she had given him. The tone meant she had something in store for him.  Maybe he should just leave!

Just then the curtain went up and Kushi came on stage dressed in an electric blue saree even as a lanky young teen catapulted a flower at her. The boy was dressed surprisingly like him and behaved with exaggerated actions that he understood were mimicking his.

This was Avinaash?!

The whole gathering broke out in wild applause as the duo finished their performance.

Kushi walked over to introduce Avinaash. Arnav was polite to the boy who didn't know how close to physical harm he had been. Pulling her aside he asked

"This is your Avi? You made me cuss out a 16 year old?"

"I didn't make you! You cussed poor Avi on your own."

"Kushi do you have any other suitors I need to vanquish?"

"Let's see there is Raj who proposed yesterday, silly Vishwa who has been following me around for years.  Buaji was proudly saying that the Mittals have already approached her with a rishta today. There is NK who is a friend but who wants to be more than a friend, there's..

"Stop stop  Ms.Popularity! I see I have my work cut out."

"Ji" she giggled prettily.

"There is only one ASR right Kushi?"

"Ji.. you know why?"

"Why?"

"Cos the world cannot handle more than one Laad Governor" before running away laughing, her lehenga twirling gracefully.

Anjali forget to breathe as she noticed her normally staid brother's long strides caught up with the fairy in the purple and cream lehenga. A shocked gasp came out from both the women as Arnav wound Kushi's hand behind her back and pulled her flush against him, his eyebrow quirked in challenge. Letting her hand go, Arnav kept his arm around her waist as Kushi laid a dainty hand on his shoulder. For a moment the couple was so lost in each other and seemed to forget that they were not alone before Arnav grabbed her hand pulling her away into a secluded room.

He closed the distance between them, widening his stance and pulling her into him

"Arnavji what are you doing? Someone will come"

"Aane do"

"Buaji will hit you with her belan"

"Aane do"

"Leave me Arnavji" pushing his chest

Letting her go Arnav turned away to run his hand through his hair in frustration. Kushi looked at his tense body, the fisted palm and darkened face.

"Itna gussa? Maybe I should reconsider Mr.Raizada"

He turned so fast, looking so intimidating that she took a step back.

"Reconsider what Kushi?"

"Reconsider the Mittal proposal?!" A firestorm of jealousy and possessiveness erupted in his stomach rising up like bile. How could she even talk about someone else?

"So you will marry Sahir Mittal?" the clipped question came through clenched teeth.

"No.."

"How about Raj or Vishwa or NK?"

"No, no and No"

"I know someone who you might like.."

"You do?" Hurt eyes glistening with unshed tears looked at him in bafflement, before she dipped her head preventing him from seeing her eyes. Arnav lifted her chin up.

"Look at me Kushi"

Her breath hitched and her heart pounded as she looked into his eyes. Caramel eyes that were always so expressive were now quiet pools, allowing her to glimpse into his heart. Today there wasn't the usual mischief in them but a reflection the intense longing she felt in her soul, a longing that transcended time.

Arnav spoke with a calm that belied the tempest in his heart, his husky drawl in the quiet room promising to cocoon her in warmth and protection forever.

"He thinks he's a Laad Governor" She sighed and he continued ".. doesn't talk much"

"It's ok I can understand what his eyes say"

"He has a big, nosy family" he tucked a strand of hair behind her ears

"I too have a big, nosy family."

"He is quite short-tempered" kissing her temple softly

"That's ok, my jasmine fragrance supposedly calms him."

"He loves your sugar-free sweets and your little pink nose" Her tiny nose pin received a kiss.

"Arnavji"

"Arnav" he corrected

"He loves your smile and hates your tears " kissing her eyes.

"He spends sleepless nights, wishing you were with him"

" A.Arnav"

"He has been asking his mamma and yours to give you to him"

"Arnav "

"Kushi...I can't even breathe properly .. feels like I have a boulder on my chest. Baby, please come home."

With a sob, she hid her face in his neck. Arnav buried his face into her hair stroking and soothing her sobs.  Looking into his eyes, she asked

"You think I can breathe without you..I've been dy.."

Her lips were prevented from talking about death in a gentle kiss that showed his adoration and love.

"Kushi ..."

"I've been praying Arnavji.."

"Why Kushi? I always make the deal!"

"So I'm a deal to you?" His talented fingers wreaked havoc on the bare skin of her waist, tugging her waist chain, the pleasurable pain robbing her of the will to think coherently.

"Of course! You are the biggest deal of my life."

"As soon I went home from the train station, I told Di that I wanted you, Arnav's Kushi. I asked your Bapuji's permission to marry you the day I came to your house"

"Haaw?!! The first day? "

"You had me at Hello* Kushi."

"Corny movie lines Arnav? I said Hi first not Hello and you scowled at me!"

"You said Hello next. Don't get technical with me!" She hissed as he bit the nape of her neck, moaning as he soothed the sting with his tongue sending streaks of fire shooting through her.

"Kushi How soon can we be married?"

"Why would I marry someone who growls and scowls and bites?"

"You think you have a choice?" he smirked "How about next week?"

"KYA?"

"Haan.. Its hard to be gentlemanly when I want you so bad!" His hands untangled the strings of her blouse, pushing it off her shoulder as he kissed her until both were panting.

"Arnav, for both our sakes, stop.. please"

"Ok I'll stop for now! Kushi for our honeymoon I want to take you to the Tunnel of love in Klevan, Ukraine."

"Our suhaag raat though..."

"Our suhaag raat?" she asked breathlessly

"will be on the train-same compartment, same train. Deal?"

"Besharam Arnavji" she moaned burrowing her flaming face into his chest.

"I love you Kushi Hamesha" he said resting his chin on her head.

The End

*From Jerry Maguire "You had me at Hello"

Edited by DDC1 - 9 years ago
jduke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Enjoyed reading Arnav & Kushi fun filled, romantic and amazing journey πŸ˜›
Edited by jduke - 9 years ago
Heavens_Flower thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Beautiful conclusion to a beautiful, passionate  and fun journey that literally started in a train journey.

Wonderful pieces of writing that brought Arnav and his Khushi alive... πŸ‘

Enjoyed it and thank you for writing it and the PM...
Edited by Heavens_Flower - 9 years ago
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
That was awesome
Loved it