Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CallmeCel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Sorry for late update. Happy New Year to All. 

It would get more interesting if you read the part while listening to this song as that is how i wrote it!

Part 2

"Rani Maa, main kaisi lag rahi hoon? Choti Maa, main iss dress mein moti toh nahin lag rahi hoon na? Main achhi to lag rahi hoon na? Phool, tum toh kuch bolo!!"

Ajabde stood in front of the full length mirror adjusting her hair and her red dress. From the past 15 minutes she was looking at her reflection from different positions and angles, trying to figure out whether she was looking good enough. She asked her Raani Maa (that's JB), Choti Maa and Phool about an opinion but no one answered her questions.

Ajabde spoke with her eyes fixed on the mirror, "Rani Maa! Choti Maa! Phool! Kuch toh boliye aap log!" Not getting an answer she turned around to face the trio. Three of them stood there with pained expressions. It was still unbelievable for them that after a few days she won't be there...amongst them. Who will say that she has got merely a few days in her hand? She masked her anguish so effortlessly!

It was more painful for them to put on a smile on their faces and behave normally as if everything was perfectly fine...

They were doing this, for their Ajabde, for Ayaat and for Pratap. 

But still, it was not that easy...

"He Ek Ling ji! Hum kab se app sab sawaal puche jaa rahein hai! Aap log kuch bol kyun nahin rahein hai?" Ajabde asked them and again...no answer. "Okay, I get it. Main achhin nahin lag rahi hoon na? He Ek Ling ji now what shall I do?" Ajabde sat down on the chair in dispair.

"Nahin...nahin Ajab beta...aisa kuch...na..nahin hai..." JB somehow managed to speak. "Tum..tum bohot..."

"MOMMY!!!!!!!" JB was cut off in middle by the shrill voice of Ayaat who just entered the room all excited.

Everyone's gaze shifted to an awestruck Ayaat standing in front of her Mumma.

"Oooh mi god Mumma!! You are looking sho beautiful!!!" Ayaat exclaimed looking at her Mumma who looked gorgeous in her red flowing gown.

Ajabde's face lit up as soon as she heard Ayaat's cute compliment. She smiled widely looking at Ayaat. "Sachhi?"

"Yesh Mumma. Aap bohot khubshurat lag rahi ho! Daddy she bhi zyada!! Pinkie promish!" Ayaat said pinching her neck.. Ajabde was overwhelmed by her daughter's cuteness.

"Awww...Mumma loves you so much sweetie!!!"Ajabde enveloped Ayaat in a tight hug. "Ayaat lovesh you too Mumma!" comes the cute reply by 5 year old Ayaat. Ajabde could not help but kiss her on her chubby cheeks. Tears welled up in her kohl lined eyes. 

Few more weeks and that was it. 

She won't ever be able to kiss her little daughter again, hug her Ayaat again. 

Never would she be able to meet her again. 

Few more weeks.

The other three were witnessing everything going on in front of them. This only made it harder for them. VB ran out of the room to hide her tears from Ayaat while Phool rushed to the balcony to escape from the heart breaking expression on Ajabde's face and shed those uncontrollable pool of tears. JB stood there trying her best to stop the cascading stream of tears from her eyes. Why did Ek Ling Ji have to do this with them? Life had always been cruel to her innocent children. When at last everything was seeming to have fallen in their places, suddenly destiny had to tear the perfect picture apart. Why? Why? JB stared at her grandchild and her daughter-in-law. Her heart broke into pieces as she saw Ajabde's painful face. She knew what must be going through her. Even if she tried her best to hide her anguish from everyone, she could read her. How will Ayaat face the reality? One day she has to know. Would she be able to take her Mumma's truth? She was...only 5.

JB didn't fail to notice the tears in those almond shaped eyes. Ajabde wouldn't be able to hold it for long.

"Ajab, humei...la..lagta hai tumhe neeche jaana chahiye. Pratap tumhara intezaar kar raha hoga."

"Yeah..yeah Rani Maa you are right. Pratap must be waiting for me. I...I should go." Ajabde composed herself and rushed out of the room. Carefully wiping the arousing tears from her kohl lined eyes with a handkerchief, sheagain put up a normal expression on her face.

With bated breath she stepped in the garden area which was decorated beautifully with lights and flowers, table for two set in middle. And there stood Pratap with his back facing her, seeming somewhat lost. She looked around, and felt wonderful getting flashes of sweet old memories.

"Pratap..." She called out in sweet voice.

Pratap who was lost in his own thoughts, turned around at once hearing her soft voice. Mesmerized he was, looking at her beauty. She looked breath taking with her face glowing like the moon. He just couldn't take his eyes off her. But what surprised him the most was her dress. Yes, it was the same red gown which he had gifted her...7 years back. 7 years back! He couldn't believe that she had kept this dress with herself all these years! She had dressed up just the way she had 7 years ago this very day.Wonderful, indeed it was relishing the old memories.

"Beautiful!" Pratap exclaimed which made Ajabde's cheeks crimson with the small blush. Pratap took a step closer to her and so did Ajabde. Pratap stared at the beauty in front of him.

She looked just the same, actually, even more beautiful. The same red dress, same raven black classic length hair, same innocence, same nervous smile but a different set of expressive eyes. They were masked with happiness to hide the deep anguish lying in the depth of the pair of hazel eyes.

"Thank you." Ajabde said softly with her eyes lowered. Pratap only stared at her beautiful face. She could feel his burning gaze on her. Ajabde looked up and their eyes met. Soon she was lost in those brown orbs of his. But...she could not find that what she expected...after all the pain was too much to overcome. She went a little closer to him and whispered in his ears. "Pratap...live the moment...Please..." Pratap shut his eyes as a sharp pang of pain pierced his heart. I have to do this for my Ajab. A look at her expectant face, he gave in, earning Ajab a small nod and a half smile.

"So, Pratap, aap mujhse kuch puchenge nahin?" Ajabde tried to lighten the atmosphere.

"Ummm, jaise ki...?" Pratap asked a little confused.

"Hey Ek Ling Ji! Pratap! Main iss dress ki baat kar rahi hoon!"

"Ooo yeah...haan, woh actually I was going to ask you that only. So, where did you buy this dress from, just identical to which I gifted you 7 years back?" Pratap said trying to sound surprised. This only earned him an are-you-serious-look' from Ajabde.

"Okay, sorry."

"Ajab kya tumne sach mein...iss dress ko sambhaal kar rakh diya tha? And that too...for 7 years..." Pratap looked into her eyes just to find them filled with love for the man she loved.

"Yes Pratap. Of course! Kaise nahin rakhti? After all yeh KUNWAR Pratap ki first gift thi sevika ke liye...i mean the first WESTERN dress!!!! Honesty, I was really surprised because maine toh traditional wear hi expect ki thi. Everytime wain toh hota tha! I still wonder, was that because you found me pretty in traditionals only or...wait I know, SOMEONE was OVER PROTECTIVE!" Ajabde rolled her eyes as she recollected the old memories- the typical Over Protective Pratap Singh Songara. This brought a smile to his face too when he remembered his old self, though Ajabde was still the same.

Ajabde continued "Aur...iske saath meri iss special day ki yaadein bhi toh judi hui hai..." The sparkle in those eyes was clearly visible.

Pratap now took a step backward and extended his hand for her and she gladly accepted letting him lead her to the table. Finally she was going to re-live that magical evening, re-experience that magical feeling once again!

Pratap pulled the chair for her to sit just like a true gentleman and then he took a seat in front of her. In the dinner plates it was none other than her favorite...Fried Rice and Shaahi Paneer, though his plate had pasta (Apna Pratap was health concious! LOL)

Both started having their respective meals glancing at each other every now and then. Ajabde Punwar (Yes, for now we consider her as Ajabde Punwar coz yeh baat hai saat saal pehle ki ;) preferred silence while eating but alas! Pratap always had pleasure making her contradict herself.

"Kunwar Pratap, are you doing it purposely?"

"Excuse me?"

"Haan! Khud ko bara gentleman samajhte hai aur itna bhi nahin pata ki jab do log EK SAATH dinner kar rahein ho toh dishes should be same! Aapne mere liye Fried rice-paneer and apne liye paasta ka arrangement kiya?"

"So? What's wrong in that? I thought you liked fried rice and paneer."

"Hey Ek Ling Ji! Kunwar Pratap! Of course I like rice and paneer! Main thodi na yeh keh rahi hoon. I'm saying that ki if I'm having rice and paneer then you too should have that only na?"

"No way. Ajabde, Pasta is much better and healthier than your FRIED RICE and EXTRA MASALEdar SHAAHI PANEER! Aur apne socha bhi kaise I'll eat that?"

"What? Pasta is BETTER and HEALTHIER? Kuch bhi! And what did you say? Kyun rice and paneer khane ki cheez nahin hai? Wait...Aapka kehna chahte hai what I'm eating is not worth eating? Thik hai toh phir. Kariye aap apne pasta ke saath candle light dinner, aur waise bhi I'm sure ki jo baat aapko mujhsey kahni thi woh aap apna healthy dinner finish karne ke baad, perhaps kal or even next year bhi keh sakte hai" An irritated Ajabde got up from the chair and turned around to leave when Pratap with a swift movement got up from the chair and held her wrist to stop her there in her tracks. She looked back and again their eyes met. Pratap pulled her towards himself making her soft body collide with his hard one as one of his hand slid around hes waist.

"Nahin Ajabde. Aaj main aapko apni dil ki baat bataye bina jaane nahin doonga." He whispered in a husky voice near her ear. She closed her eyes and waited for him to speak further. Though she knew what was to come next, still she could feel the same nervousness and excitement.

Pratap took one look at her beautiful face and then took out the Rose from his court pocket.

"Mai yeh baat aapko bohot dino se batana chah raha tha but couldn't do so." Ajabde opened her eyes. "Kahiye Kunwar Pratap. I'm waiting."

Pratap bent on his knees and held the Rose forward. He started in love filled voice, "Jo kabhi socha bhi na tha, woh na jaane kaise sach ho gaya. Mujhey pyaar ho gaya.

Miss Ajabde Punwar, I...

I LOVE YOU.

Pyaar toh mujhey aap se ussi din ho gaya tha, jis din maine aapko pehli baar mandir mein dekha tha. Just that my heart was always afraid to accept the truth that Im' in love."

Pratap took a deep breath and looked at Ajabde. She stood there spell bound. All this had happened once, but still it felt as a first experience, first love and the same excitement. A small blush crept across her fair cheeks.

"I know 3 din baad hi humara vivaah hai but still, Miss Ajabde Punwar will you be Mrs. Ajabde Pratap Singh Songara and make me the happiest man alive? Will you marry me?" He looked up for her to say something. Ajabde took the rose from him and smiled widely.

"I...I love you too Kun...Pratap.

Pata hi nahin chala kab main aapse apna dil haar baithi. Shayad ussi din se jab  pehli baar maine aapko haat mein dekha tha. I...I love you too Pratap."

Ajabde hugged him tight as Pratap encircled his arms around her. She rested her head on his chest. Reminiscing the past memories gave an inexpressible pleasure. She felt as if she had ridden back to that particular day in a time machine...everything seemed so fresh in their minds...

"Pratap, don't you think you are forgetting something?" Ajabde asked softly tightening the hug.

"Not at all...Ajabde..." Pratap replied in a knowing tone. He broke the hug. "Wait a minute."

Ajabde found Pratap going towards the table and after a few seconds music started playing. It was that very song on which they had danced that evening.

Lag jaa gale ke phir hassi raat ho na ho

Shayad phir is janam mein mulakaat ho na ho

Lag jaa gale...

"Miss Ajabde, will you dance with me?" Pratap extended his hand for Ajabde. When she had first heard him asking her to dance with her in this song, she had felt weird for she found it somewhat inappropriate for a slow dance but hadn't complained. And now, she was too overwhelmed with emotions to say anything. She took his hand and nodded her head slightly in agreement.

Pratap's one hand slid around her waist and the other held Ajabde's soft hand while Ajabde's free hand rested on his shoulder. Both of them swayed with the beats of the music as it filled the garden with its mesmerizing tone.

Humko mili hai aaj yeh ghariya naseeb se,

Jee bhar ke dekh lijiye humko kareeb se...

A few weeks and everything would be finished. No longer would she be there in his arms, laughing and crying, sleeping and joking. 

He wanted to shout. He wanted to cry. 

He wanted to break down. 

He wanted to tell the world that how cruel life was...who is taking his life away from him and still living him alive in this wretched world. 

He wanted to tell her that his every moment without her would mean to him a thousand deaths. 

But...but he couldn't. 

He had promised. Promised her to keep smiling. God! That was hell painful!

Phir aapke naseeb mein yeh raat ho na

Phir is janam mein mulakaat ho na ho

Pratap pulled her close to himself and the grip of his hand on her waist tightened. Ajabde looked at his face where the tears had slowly started evading. He shut his eyes for getting rid of the teas which were blurring his vision. The drops of tears trickled down hi chiseled cheeks. Ajabde found her heart breaking seeing the tears.

Wiping the tears off his cheeks she dropped light kisses on the closed pair of eyes. "Smile suit's you better...Pratap. I seriously don't remember whether there were tears in your eyes that evening. C'mon Pratap, don't you remember what had happened next. I do." She spoke as the dance continued. Unbelievable. People say that 'ladkiyon ke dil kamzor hote hai'. Than what was Ajabde made of?

The coupled matched the beats and danced along.

Lag jaa gale ke phir hassi raat ho na ho

Shayad phir is janam mein mulakaat ho na ho...

Pratap twirled her around as Ajabde smiled widely happiness glowing in her face. Certainly she was happy, for this moment, for being able to re-live the past event! Pratap couldn't help but try reflecting that back. He hugged her from back and kissed her on the nape of her neck making her shiver. Ajabde turned around facing him and caressed his face softly making Pratap lean to her touch.

Paas aaiye ke hum nahin

Aayenge baar baar

Suddenly Pratap(okay toh the upcoming harkatein are of Miss Ajabde and Bachelor Mr.Pratap, okay?) moved back and started "Ajabde aapne apni life mein 1-2 baar se zyada kabhi dil khol kar hassa hai? Dil khol kar hassne ki baat chodiye, tell me have you ever laughed at all?! Try kijiye, it's fun, achha lage ga."

"Achha! Who said I don't laugh?"

"Oh Really? I've only saw you once."

"Okaya toh Pratap tell me how am I to start laughing all of a sudden without any reason?"

"Ummm...okay, main aapko ek joke bolta hoon.."

"But Prat..."

"Ek baar Santa ne Banta se kaha kit u samundar mein dahi kyun mila raha hai. Toh Banta ne kaha ki arrey main toh lassi bana raha hoon. Phir pata hain Banta ne kya kaha? Ussne kaha ki arrye nalayak, itni lassi kaun piyega!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!" Completing his joke he started laughing but soon stopped as he found the laugh to be only his and Ajabde standing still with blank expression and the music still playing.

"Apko hassi nahin aayi? Oo..okay...cool...no problem...hassi nahin aayi toh koi baat nahin..."

She started advancing towards him, her brows crooked. She held his collar lightly and raise one of her eye brow.

"Yadi aapko hassi nahin aa rahi hai toh koi baat nahin...maine kaha na..."

"Shhh...keep quiet. Kisne..kisne kaha aapko mujhey hassi nahin aa rahi hai...?"

"Huh?"

Pratap looked at her confused only to find her moving back and slowly breaking down into small laughters. Soon the area was filled with Ajabde laughing loudly as she rounded her hands around Pratap's neck and his hands encircling her petite waist like the previous dance position and danced merrily with the music and laughing along. "Samundar mein dahi mil..akr lassi bannna. Seriously? Hahaha". Ajabde said laughing as an elated Pratap joined her too laughing loudly. "I know Ajabde, kaafi silly tha na?" "Yeah jek dum aapke jaisa?" "What??!!!" "Oh no, just a joke. SORRY!"

"I love you Ajabde...I love you so much." With swift movements Pratap lifted are up in his arms as he laughed merrily. He whirled around as Ajabde stretched her arm outwards while one clutched his collar and shrieked with laughter.

"I...I love you too Pratap. I love you to...hehehehehe...i'm so happy...so..ha...happy today Pratap, main bohot khush hoon. Hehehe...main bohot khush hoon Pratap...bohot khush." Her loud laughter slowly changed into howling. That smile in her face was replaced by countless tears cascading down her eyes. She cried hiding her face in his chest and clutching his collar tightly.

The tears which he had held bank had broken its barrier and made their way towards his chiseled cheeks. He held her closer to his heart and kissed her hair(head) as he tried to control his pain.

"Kyun Pratap, Bhagwaan humare saath aisa kyun kar  rahein hai? Kyun Pratap. I...I don't wa..wanna go anywhere. Muj...mujhe yahi rehna hai...Ayaat ke baas, Raa...Rani Maa, Phool aur Ma...Maa ke paas...aapke paas Pratap...Main aap sab ko chod kar nahin jaana chahti...Ayaat mere bina kaise r...rahe..gi Pratap...she won't be bal...able to take it... Ayaat ka k..kya hoga Pratap. " She spoke between her cries.

"Ajabde...Ajabde main tumhe kahin nahin jaane doonga Ajabde...tum...tum meri aur humarein Ayaat ki ho...main tumhe kahin nahin jaane doonga Ajabde...i'll die without you Ajabde...kaise jeeunga main apni zindagi ke bina...i won't ever let you go Ajabde..." Pratap said holding her firmly and closer to his heart.

Baahein gale mein daal kar hum role zaar zaar,

Aakhon se phir yeh barsaat ho na ho

Shayad phir is janam mein mulakaat ho na ho...

"Mujhey...mujhey jeena hai Pratap...i...I want to live Pratap...mujhey jeena hai...mujheh jeena hai...MUJHEY JEENA HAI..." Ajabde screamed. She wanted her Ek Ling Ji to hear her...to accept this small wish. She wanted to live her life with her little family-her mother-in-laws, daughter and her husband. She wanted to live.

"Mujhey jeena hai Pratap...mujhey jeena hai..." Her loud voice turned into inaudible whispers as she leaned to his chest to sooth the rising pang in her heart. Pratap kissed her forehead as cried a little more to empty his heavy heart which was burdened with agony and helplessness. Yes, HELPLESSNESS.

"Mujhey jeena hai..."

Lag ja gale ki phir hasin raat ho na ho

Shayad phir is janam mein mulakat ho na ho

Lag jaa gale...

Hope it was good enough.
Try to find ressemblence between this story' PrAja's character and that of  RoSal's. I mean take Ajabde to be a lively girl!

P.S. As my Nw year gift you all can hit the LIKE button and drop your wonderful comments!

*FOR ME ,FAISAL KHAN AND ROSHNI WALIA WOULD ALWAYS BE THE PRATAP AND AJABDE(AAKRITI IN THIS ONE) OF MY STORIES. HOWEVER, READERS ARE FRE TO IMAGINE THEIR RESPECTIVE FAVORITE ACTOR AND ACTRESS AS PRAJA*

Edited by AsYa_Celana - 9 years ago
kiminonawa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
unres*
beautiful <3 yaar...sach mein...u r truly fab writer...keep writing 8-)

Edited by Rhea_13 - 9 years ago
sweta2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
awesomeee too good very nice part waiting for next asapEdited by sweta2005 - 9 years ago
rosal_awesome thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
you're writing is simply equisite dear...words fail me to describe how wonderfully you wrote this piece. aaja jhapi pale mere yaar... 👏 mujhe Toh tune almost rula hi diya 😭 and that is definitely a mark of a good writer ⭐️ 😳 for me RoSal has always been my PrAja and will forever remain in my heart as so 😳 so long has passed since I've seen them...I miss them terribly 😭

please pm me when you write the next update...and if there's time for you to extend it and a way to turn this into an FF, please do so. anticipating your next update! 😉 Edited by rosal_awesome - 9 years ago
Joyness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Celu so heart touching kitne dino baad update but such a update...dil ko choo liya...just so so...full of love...and despair 
-QueenlyChitra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
awesome
update
thanks
for pm 😃
ApekshaM thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow!! fabulous.. 👏😊 u made me cry dude.. 😭 well but it represents the ability of a amazing writer.. waiting for next part..😉 continue soon n thanks for the pm 😃Edited by ApekshaM - 9 years ago
sara1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Touching update
waiting for the next update
mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Finally I read your story. Quite a poignant and painful track u have chosen but I must applaud you for your updates. Both of the parts were quite filled with emotional quotient which was an added plus.
I admit your story makes me like Ajabde's character even more. She really showcases herself as a strong, determined character with a will of steel.
HappyST thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Such an awesome update...superbbb
Thx 4 pm...