Deepika Padukone to play the lead in Sujoy Ghoshs Durga Rani Singh?

AskJeeto thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Deepika Padukone to play the lead in Sujoy Ghosh's Durga Rani Singh ?

According to recent rumors, Deepika Padukone is in advance talks to play the lead in the much anticipated Kahaani director Sujoy Ghosh's next Durga Rani Singh.

Sujoy's Durga Rani Singh is based on the life of a cop in Bengal." Durga's story is something that needs to be told. If it wasn't me, then it would have been someone else. Her bravery and spirit couldn't go unrecognised," Sujoy says.

Sujoy has already considered Vidya Balan, Kangana Ranaut and Kareena Kapoor Khan.However, all three turned down the offer. Apparently, he is now in talks with Deepika Padukone. If this works out it will be another feather in the cap for Deepika Padukone and Deepika playing a lady police inspector will be a huge surprise as none of her contemporaries have dared to take this step.

Recently, Rani Mukherjee played a no-nonsense cop in Mardaani and it was appreciated big time by its target audience.

http://www.talkingmoviez.com/deepika-padukone-to-play-the-lead-in-sujoy-ghoshs-durga-rani-singh/

Edited by AskJeeto - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
what utter crap🀣what rubbish article durga rani is not about cop its about a mother with physically challenged child. the casting is over long back its shilpa from chakde india.
vib. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I wan't her to do this! :-P
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Every other actress has rejected this film. From Kangana to Vidya to Kareena, now it's gone to Sonam and Deepika lets see who signs it. πŸ˜†

Eh?!! I think I saw this article too.. Which one? Kanfuuse now.πŸ˜•
DianaPrince thumbnail

Originally posted by: DY.chakravarty

Eh?!! I think I saw this article too.. Which one? Kanfuuse now.πŸ˜•

Let's see who plays Durga rani : Laxmi maata or Anushka kohli or our fav
CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LadyDabangg

Let's see who plays Durga rani : Laxmi maata or Anushka kohli or our fav

Laxmi maata it is then. After all, she is considered for every single role. As someone so beautifully said on twitter: she even was the first choice for  Maine Pyar Kiya...😳
DianaPrince thumbnail

Originally posted by: BollyFanLuver

<font color="#666600">Laxmi maata it is then. After all, she is considered for every single role. As someone so beautifully said on twitter: she even was the first choice for Maine Pyar Kiya...😳</font>

she might be the first choice for ash ketchum too before Pikachu πŸ˜›
vib. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: LadyDabangg

she might be the first choice for ash ketchum too before Pikachu πŸ˜›

And even Tom's choise before Jerry πŸ˜†