~DASTAN-E-ZINDAGI KE HUMSAFAR~ FK is in India~FAK AT 18

pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

<font color="#0000ff" size="3" face="Verdana">                    Welcome to the Appreciation Thread

</div>     </strong>
<font color="#cc3300" size="7" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif"><strong> Fawad Afzal Khan</font>

</em>

<em>

<div>                      Current and Upcoming Projects:

Humsafar on Zee Zindagi

&

Battle of Bittora

</b>

<b>

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Sonam-and-Fawad-cast-in-adaptation-of-Anuja-Chauhans-Battle-for-Bittora/articleshow/44414072.cms
</font>Edited by pinkeye - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pinkeye thumbnail

THE MAN AND HIS UNFORGETTABLE PORTRAYALS.

Fawad's various characters
Zaroon Junaid

Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO30_dqtj9s 

Wali Bakht

Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul53C6mlYv4

Hassan

Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBRus7bJ04c

Mujtaba (Mujju)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j36MFIfYpCY&list=PL139E527DCB5BEBD3

Behzad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGqpfZ2NPXI

Jamal (Joe)

ASHER HUSSAIN

VIKRAM SINGH RATHORE

Embedded image permalink

Edited by pinkeye - 9 years ago
pinkeye thumbnail
UPDATES ON BATTLE FOR BITTORA AND OTHER FUTURE PROJECTS OF FK-

ON the day of celebrations of EID, came the news of Fawad teaming up with Sonam and AKFC again on adaptation of Anuja Chauhan's book Battle of Bittora.

its too early to judge

http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/sonam-kapoor-and-fawad-khan-will-battle-for-bittora-675414

BOLLYWOOD ACTRESS SONAM KAPOOR AND PAKISTANI HEARTTHROB FAWAD KHAN WILL REPORTEDLY COME TOGETHER ONCE AGAIN FOR THE SCREEN ADAPTATION OF AUTHOR ANUJA CHAUHAN'S BESTSELLER BATTLE FOR BITTORA.

They scorched the silver screen with their electric chemistry in Khoobsurat and now Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor and Pakistani heartthrob Fawad Khan will come together once again for the screen adaptation of author Anuja Chauhan's bestseller Battle For Bittora. (Also Read: Can't Wait to Work with Fawad Khan Again: Sonam Kapoor)

The pair have been finalised to play the lead in the movie, which will be produced by Sonam's sister Rhea Kapoor. The filming rights have already been purchased by actor Anil Kapoor's company.

Battle For Bittora is the story of twenty-five-year-old Jinni, who works for an animation studio in Mumbai, and lives a carefree and independent life until her grandmother commands her to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections from their hometown Bittora. She finds herself pitted against the irresistibly attractive ex-royal Zain Altaf Khan. What ensues is a bitter battle between the two young contestants, complicated by their passionate love story.

While Fawad has played the aristocratic prince to utmost perfection in Khoobsurat, Sonam will no longer be the royal misfit she played in her previous movie. The protagonist in the novel represents the illustrious Pande dynasty of Pavit Pradesh and Sonam will most likely be seen donning a regal look in the film.

other article posted on this today-

Indian Express-

Timesofindia article link

Bollywoodhungama link-http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Sonam-and-Fawad-cast-in-adaptation-of-Anuja-Chauhans-Battle-for-Bittora/articleshow/44414072.cms

Bollywood life on all you need to know about Battle of Bittora.

everfangirling Pinkvilla reporting-😆

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/sonam-kapoor/sonam-kapoor-and-fawad-khan-come-together-again

Daily bhaskar report.

to be or not to be-   😆 ðŸ˜† Bheja fry news updates.

AKSHAT VERMA MOVIE RUMOUR-

HUMSAFAR director offers his film after stating Fawad is not on his wishlist-

Sarmad Khoosat wishes to cast Fawad Khan for his debut film

Sarmad Khoosat, the director of various admired serials in Pakistan, popular for his acclaimed drama "Humsafar" has offered his first ever leading character movie role to actor Fawad Khan, for his debuting movie. 

Sarmad has had immense success in the drama industry of Pakistan with the audience and critics' positive feedback on "Humsafar" which was an immediate hit starring Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan and their chemistry on screen, which drove not just the fans, but the ratings off the charts.

Now, Khoosat has decided to take a step forward in his career and move on to directing films. Since the drama serials are being televised in India, Sarmad was interviewed by Times of India and was quoted to remark "I like Fawad as an actor and a star but our approach and our process of working don't match and for me the process of filming a drama or a film is more important than the outcome"

Fawad Khan who has already been in two movies, a local production "Khuda Kay Liye" and his recent Bollywood debut "Khoobsurat" for which he has received raving reviews and immense appreciation and is ranked high, on local and Bollywood film makers casting list.

Sarmad Khoosat was also quoted to say, "Our actor-director relationship was extremely nice till Humsafar but after that I had reservations about a few things with him."

From Sarmad's interview it was clear that he was not inclined to be working with Fawad Khan but with his debuting movie offer being made to Fawad, it seems that his mind has been changed for the better.

http://www.breakingnewspak.com/sarmad-khoosat-wishes-to-cast-fawad-khan-for-his-debut-film/

RUMOUR CONTINUES-

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/ali-zafar/pakistan-s-favourite-poster-boys-fawad-ali-come-together 
October 28, 2014 

Pakistan's Favourite Poster Boys Fawad & Ali To Come Together

Two of Pakistan's favourite poster boys in India are all set to come together for a film.

Khubsoorat star Fawad Khan is all set to join hands with Tere Bin Laden's Ali Zafar for a film that's likely to be produced by Fawad. It will be an Indo-Pak production featuring two prominent Bollywood actresses opposite Ali and Fawad.

The two are close friends with a common interest in acting and music. Interestingly they both came into renown in India through Bollywood as married men.

Buzz of the Paki-stars' bonding gathered momentum when it was reportedly"wrongly, as it happens to be"that Fawad and Ali came together to endorse a cellphone at an event in Pakistan last week.

Clarifies Ali Zafar, "I was on stage endorsing a cellphone. Fawad was one of the guests in the audience. This was at the Royal Palm in Lahore. It was at the launch of Samsung's new cellphone model."

Speaking of their friendship Ali says, "We share a very warm rapport. There has never been any sense of competitiveness between us. In fact I've always supported him and his movies."

Adds Fawad, "When I attended the event in Lahore last week I didn't know Ali Zafar was performing. He's someone I've always admired. He is far more talented than I can ever be. We might come together for a film. It would be a pleasure working with him."

CREDITS: SUBHASH K JHA

Fawad Awaits Visa Clearance To Return To India

After Khubsoorat, Fawad Khan is all set to further explore Bollywood. He now awaits a visa clearance.

Says Pakistan's favourite poster-boy, "I am all set to return to Mumbai. But the visa is yet to be granted. As you know, nowadays things are even more tense between the two countries than before. However there is no real problem as such. Bass, ab kuch hi dinon mein visa mil jayegi. I should be there sometime in November."

Fawad returns to Mumbai to rumours that he'll be seen opposite Sonam Kapoor(again!) in a screen adaptation of the book The Battle For Bittora, to be produced(again!) by Rhea Kapoor.

For an actor who has repeatedly claimed he doesn't like to repeat himself that deja-vu set-up sounds a bit iffy, more so since Fawad plays royalty in both Khubsoorat and Bittora.

Reasons Fawad, "That may be so. But just the royal blood doesn't make the characters identical. Besides Anilji, Rhea, Sonam and I have only talked about The Battle For Bittora. Nothing has been finalized. Until I sign on the dotted line nothing is for sure. In Bollywood there's many a slip between the cup and the lip."

Currently the ladies of Hindustan are collectively swooning over Fawad in the soap Humsafar. "That was done nearly five years ago. I looked different and felt differently. Maybe if I were to do it now it would be a entirely different interpretation. Would you believe, I almost didn't do Humsafar! The serial's makers were persistent. But I wasn't convinced for a long time. Finally, I am glad I did that serial. I feel Humsafar worked because of its progressive take on the man-woman relationship. There are a whole lot shades, some of them dark and grey, to my character. For me it's very important to constantly explore my personality through my characters."

Fawad insists he works selectively. Because that is the only way he knows how to work. "I know many actors in India and Pakistan who can work in many films simultaneously, move from one set to another and still do justice to their roles. I can't! I have to work on only one project at a time."

He now looks forward to his next project. "It has to be something that takes me on a higher ground than Khubsoorat. "I was very moved by the response to the film and me in both India and Pakistan. Here in Pakistan the film was accepted wholeheartedly. What gladdened me the most was that people here in Pakistan said I conducted myself with dignity in Khubsoorat. For me maintaining my dignity is more important than anything else."

About the ladies in India and Pakistan drooling over him Fawad says, "I am truly grateful for their warm attention. But I feel there are so many better actors and better-looking men out there. I am not being overly humble when I say I'm just an average guy trying to do my work sincerely."

http://www.pinkvilla.com/node/313780

FAWAD AT 5TH POSITION ON TIMES CELEBEX LIST BY TOI GROUP

Fawad Khan fifth most popular actor in Bollywood

Published: November 3, 2014

The Humsafar star has leapfrogged 26 positions to reach the fifth rank. PHOTO: FILE

Pakistani heartthrob Fawad Khan has made his way to the top five on September's Times Celebex rating indicator, reported the Times of India. According to their website, Times Celebex powered by Zoom is the most definitive rating index of Bollywood stars and the power they yield over the public. Based on their popularity, performance and visibility, the T Score' is calculated by measuring parameters, including box-office performance, PR buzz and online following.

Fawad bagged the fifth spot, outpacing the likes of Ranbir Kapoor, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Ranveer Singh. The Humsafar star has leapfrogged 26 positions to reach the fifth rank. Fawad's ascendance to the list toppers could be due to the media frenzy surrounding his Bollywood debut, the Sonam Kapoor-starrerKhoobsurat.

Fresh from the success of his action film, KickSalman Khan has topped the list for the month. He seems to have benefited from the buzz generated by the ongoing show Bigg Boss, which he hosts, coupled with seven brand endorsements. Ranking second and third areHrithik Roshan and Shahrukh Khan, respectively.

Although not far behind Salman, Hrithik and Shahrukh could have missed the top spot as their films Bang Bang and Happy New Year released in October. Also featuring among the top five male actors is Akshay Kumar at number four. The actor's position on the Times Celebex could be attributed to the promotions of his upcoming film The Shaukeens and his hosting gig on the dance-reality show Dare 2 Dance.

The fact that Fawad's contemporary, Ali Zafar, is languishing at the 38th position comes as a surprise, given his tremendous fan-following in India. Other notable Pakistani celebrities to feature on the list are Imran Abbas, who is placed at number 30. Humaima Malick, who ventured into Bollywood with the film Raja Natwarlal, is positioned at number 42 in the Times Celebex for female actors.

Priyanka Chopra topped the list among female actors, owing to her gripping performance in the sports biopic Mary Kom and nine brand endorsements. The top five female actors on the list are Deepika PadukoneKatrina Kaif, Sonam Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra. Other actors among the top 10 on the Times Celebex are Haider co-stars Shahid Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor, who are placed at number seven.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 4th, 2014.

TO BE UPDATED AS PER AVAILABLE NEWS.

pinkeye thumbnail
APPRECIATION GALORE  FOR HUMSAFAR AND THE PORTRAYAL OF  ASHER HUSSAIN-

Kolkata: When Zindagi Gulzar Hai wrapped up, I thought I could never love a television character as much as Zaroon Junaid (okay, Hugh Laurie in House and Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad are evergreen exceptions). But that's till I tuned in to episode I of Humsafar last Tuesday and met Ashar. Yes, both Zaroon in Zindagi... and Ashar in Humsafar are played by Khoobsurat man Fawad Khan. And like Zindagi... a few months ago, Humsafar is now my Monday-to-Saturday fix. Here's why Humsafar (Monday to Saturday at 8pm on Zindagi) is recommended viewing.

Fawad Khan with co-stars (left) Mahira Khan and Naveen Waqar

THE PLOT

Humsafar, based on Farhat Ishtiaq's novel of the same name, tells the story of Ashar, who under circumstances beyond his control is forced to marry his first cousin Khirad. With nothing to connect them in terms of upbringing and outlook, Ashar finds himself pigeonholed in a marriage, adjusting to which gets tougher by the day. Khirad, on the other hand, is forced to cope with a double loss " the death of her mother who compelled her to marry Ashar before she died and the constant helplessness she feels stuck in a marriage with a man who is a virtual stranger.

Complicating matters is the presence of Ashar's best friend Sarah who, deeply in love with him, goes out of control and even slits her wrist when she learns that Ashar is being forced to marry another, though he doesn't really reciprocate the feelings she has for him.

THE PLAYERS

Much like Zaroon in Zindagi... the plot of Humsafar largely revolves around Fawad's Ashar. And there is a lot that connects the two " like Zaroon, Ashar is well read and well bred and modern in his world view. Ashar is a good son and a great friend, always ready to put the interests of others before his own, even if that means being forced into a marriage that he is unhappy in. But unlike Zaroon, whose thoughts and actions were coloured with a chauvinistic streak, Ashar goes out of his way to make things comfortable for the woman he's been forced to marry. From trying to engage in small talk with her that she rewards with monosyllabes to whipping up cups of coffee that they sip together silently, Ashar is the man any woman would want to have as her partner... caring and compassionate, even when life, as he knows it, has hit a roadblock. And when Fawad, er, Ashar looks at Khirad with those puppy eyes, love isn't really the same again.

Complementing Ashar is Khirad (Mahira Khan). Mousy and reserved at first, Khirad has now gradually learnt to voice how she feels, even as she struggles to share her life " and her bed " with a man, who despite being her cousin, she doesn't know at all. What Ashar mistakes as Khirad's coldness and detachment is actually revealed to be the pain she feels being thrust into his life against his will.

Sarah (Naveen Waqar), the other major player in Humsafar, is a stubborn woman who is determined to make Ashar her own even though she knows he doesn't really love her. An attention seeker who easily flies off the handle, Sarah is the one who complicates the already precarious dynamics between Ashar and Khirad.

Fawad Khan is the reason why most (women, particularly) tune in to Humsafar. Smart and suave, Fawad makes Ashar an extension of himself, lighting up the screen with that smile that crinkles his eyes... And yes, that baritone still has the power to hook you.

WHAT WORKS

Fawad Khan is the reason why most (women, particularly) tune in to Humsafar. Smart and suave, Fawad makes Ashar an extension of himself, lighting up the screen with that smile that crinkles his eyes. Fawad ensures that you feel Ashar's angst even as he struggles to bring about a semblance of normality in his life. And yes, that baritone still has the power to hook you.

Fawad and Mahira as a pair are refreshing, their subtle chemistry making you root for this couple who, though distant and detached now, make you want to believe that they will end up together. No wonder the two are a hit pair on the Pakistani small screen and have swept up quite a few hit Jodi awards together.

The plot and pace of Humsafar is a huge plus. Just 26 episodes long, the makers ensure that each episode packs in enough to make you want to look forward to the next day.

The side players " Ashar's dad, Sarah's mom, Ashar's colleagues... " are all well cast, each doing his or her bit to keep the plot engaging.

Our only grouse: Can there be a little less rona dhona please? For that there is always the daily Indian soap!

FAWAD KHAN WINS HEART AS ASHER  IN HUMSAFAR-

At first it was Zaroon who kept Indian fans glued to their screens, and now it's Asher from Humsafar who continues to melt hearts in India. Though the personalities of Zaroon and Asher are completely different from one another, the one thing that is common between them is the man who played both of these characters, Fawad Khan.

Zindagi Gulzar Hai' introduced Fawad Khan as Zaroon Junaid to Indian audience. He instantly attracted huge fan following and became the topic of discussions. Social networks were abuzz with the keyword Zaroon Junaid.

It was the first time Indian fans had got the taste of Pakistani dramas. Zee TV, through its new channel Zindagi TV, took the initiative of bringing Pakistani dramas to its audience. It was a completely new and pleasant experience for people in India who were fed with typical Saas Bahu drama serials for years.

Pakistani dramas, especially Zindagi Gulzar Hai, was a completely different world for them. The stories and characters were something they could relate to. Everyone had something they could relate to.

The experience was so enriching that many thought Zindagi Gulzar Hai was the highest peak Fawad Khan could climb. "How could there be a better and more interesting drama than Zindagi Gulzar Hai", they would wonder.

However, as soon as Zindagi channel started airing Humsafar drama serial, they realized that what they considered the highest peak was infact the peak of a small hill.

Humsafar, with the powerful performances of Fawad Khan as Asher, Mahira Khan as Khirad and Naveen Waqar as Sara has had a bewitching effect on audience in India. And they are not shy about

HUMSAFAR EPISODE REVIEWS-

EPISODE 1- 

EPISODE 2-

EPISODE 3-

EPISODE 4-

EPISODE 6-

EPISODE 7-

EPISODE 8-

shreya11mehra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
M here...

Congrats fr new thread. ..
shreya11mehra thumbnail

Originally posted by: shweta_r

Kashaf made him class conscious... If he was really class conscious he would never never have married Kashaf... I do not think it was one of his predominant personality traits. 

I agreem.bt at some extent i thnk he was class conscious . .bcz in library   scene..he quoted that kashaf jaise larki k sath thora tym spend kro..uske baad..byye
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
woo hoo ðŸ¥³ Congo!!!

New thread mein naya pic..
Credit: to you know who (the original uploader)

BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: shreya11mehra

I agreem.bt at some extent i thnk he was class conscious . .bcz in library   scene..he quoted that kashaf jaise larki k sath thora tym spend kro..uske baad..byye

The first time I watched the show and I was not a fan of FK, i felt like giving Zaroon one tight slap ðŸ˜›
shreya11mehra thumbnail

Originally posted by: shweta_r

woo hoo ðŸ¥³ Congo!!!

New thread mein naya pic..

Credit: to you know who (the original uploader)

Aww..handsome   khan..

Thnk god.. cigarette is minus frm his last 2 or 3 pics