dolly1000 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Javed Akhtar on Farhan Akhtar's 'Don'
By Our Correspondent 2006 Bollyvista.com

Javed Akhtar
All the die-hard fans of 'Don' and even those who haven't seen the original are eagerly awaiting the release of Farhan Akhtar's contemporary 'Don' on October 20th. Ace lyricist Javed Akhtar, one of the screenwriters of the original 'Don' and Farhan's father, is enormously impressed with his son's latest offering.

When quizzed about comparisons with the original, he says, "I don't see the need to compare. In fact, people will adore both the versions. I am impressed that Farhan has not only retained the essence of the original but has also added his own perspective by treating it differently and throwing in new twists and turns that will catch the audience by surprise!"

Ask Javed Saab for his definition of a "remake" and he says, "A remake is meant to have both commonality and individuality. Farhan has managed to achieve this paradox in 'Don'!"

UTV is releasing 'Don' internationally.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KNPKH2ster thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
cant wait for don to release
razinah_mirza thumbnail
cant wait to see my SRK as a don ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ Edited by razinah_mirza - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail
comparisons are ineviatble ๐Ÿ˜›
srk_preity_kajo thumbnail
i cant wait to see this movie...srk looks hot in don
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
srk is looking great in don and the promo where we get to hear the dialouge..OMG just mind blowinggg ๐Ÿ˜ณ
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
cant waitt to see D0NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ๐Ÿ˜ƒ