Punishment for a rapist - Page 2

Poll

What punishment would you advocate for a rapist? and why?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anonmember thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: peaches

I know it's gross to think like that, but the extent of Rape is something only the woman who has gone through it can understand.

The above mentioned punishment is equal to the crime commmitted, because I think death and life in prison,is a treat for these types of criminals.

If a woman who is raped has to live with the horror and be constantly reminded of the matter her whole life, then so does he.  Not to mention if there is a child involved.  He needs to be constantly reminded of the pain he inflicted on that innocent woman.  What better way than this?  In addition, in most cases Rape is due to the fact that men are so greedy....I don't believe that they are meantly instable. 

If we enforce this punishment on a global basis, it's pretty safe to say that no man would ever think about raping another woman.  I can almost gaurantee it.

Just my two sents.

Oh and please don't tell me about the eye for an eye thing will make the whole world blind.  Having a man Rape a woman and letting him fry in jail is not solving the problem or giving him counceling are no better solutions.

The punishment mentioned about is sure shot way to prevent the dog from causing harm to another person. If he happens to repent or feel sorry for his crime, well good from him.  But was done cannot be undone.

Thanks

Death is permanant and the criminal justice system is flawed. What if the wrong person gets accused and executed? How can you guarantee that the criminal who committed the heinous deed will be executed? And would the punishment hold for all criminals, regardless of who they are? Such a law would have to implemented and enforced by the govt. What if a politician's son is accused of rape? What guarantee that he will be given the same punishment as any other person?

[quote=peaches]He needs to be constantly reminded of the pain he inflicted on that innocent woman. [/quote]

I don't get this. If the rapist is executed, that's it, he's dead. How can he constantly reminded of the pain he inflicted on the women? Let him fry in jail, in a little cell and let him rot there. If you kill him, he doesn't have to face the world...

The death penalty cannot be implemented on a global basis. Individual states within a country have diff policies on crime and the death penalty. How can we expect the entire world to enforce such a policy? Everyone wants to be in control of their own country/state. What about a 12-year old who is accused of rape? What sort of actions would be taken on a minor? Its easy to say 'let's have death penalty on a global basis',  but its not that simple. Plus, it's sad, but true that in some countries, the rape victim is usually to blame for what happened, which is disgusting.

The death penalty is used in many countries now for murders but does nothing to prevent the murder rate. In some cases, murders have increased in countries where it is enforced. So there is no guarantee that it will act as a deterrant against rapes.

I agree that most rapes are caused by people who are greedy and want to show their power over another person. But it is exactly because of this greed and the urge to be powerful that the death penalty won't work. If someone is greedy, they won't think twice before hurting someone else. The 'high' won't allow them to think about the consquences, as I had said earlier.

Just my views, pls don't be offended. Thanks.

Edited by sonynyu - 18 years ago
greatmaratha thumbnail

Well i have another punishment in mind, but it's too graphic and would not be considered appropriate to post in the forum.

All I can say is that in Dubai if you steel, they cut off your hands!

I agree.. Na rahega baaz, na bajegi baasuri
greatmaratha thumbnail
Going by the amount of rapes happening these days, if these rapists were convicted and kept in jail for 60 years, all the tax payers money would be spent on that alone......
anjali.nair thumbnail

Well i have another punishment in mind, but it's too graphic and would not be considered appropriate to post in the forum.

I agree with you on that. Bobbiting should be the punishment.

anjali.nair thumbnail

Originally posted by: greatmaratha

I agree.. Na rahega baaz, na bajegi baasuri

that is so true and the irony is that about 80% of the rapes are done by someone you know ie, a friend, relative, neighbor etc.🤢
anonmember thumbnail

Originally posted by: MysticaMagic

In Saudi Arabia, a rapist is stoned to death...

I would also prefer this one or the "other" punishment - which cannot be mentioned here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the victim has to provide four witnesses to prove she was raped. If she doesn't, her testimony is considered false and she is punished for lying.

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Well Sonunyu,

I understand what you're saying. I'm not here to talk about how efficient out legal system, that's a totally different topic all together.

My opinion was base on the clear cut principle that If you rape a woman then you have to be willing to give up your man hood. If that idea was drilled into men's head, then trust me no man would ever ever think of doing that. Strip him of his dignity so he will never ever do that to another woman.

I total agree with you on the points that the death penalty is of no use and won't be such a good punishment. I'm with you on that one. I would hate the fact that my tax dollars are being spent to kill this man, leave alone feed him for 60-70 year. I would rather have him starve.

I also understand that we come from a civilized society and my suggestion is very barbaric, but at the same time in my book I believe the following.

If you act like an animal, then get read to be treated like one.

That's all.

*Meg_d* thumbnail
I would prefere seeing tht person being tortured worser then rape😡
bas02 thumbnail
Well personally I have a punishment which i will not mention here. But torture or something of that kind would do. You cannot erase what has happened to the victim, they have to live everyday with that memory haunting them. It is hard for them to get any justice at all. So my punishment would be dire, and not a clean cut death😈
ivan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

i agree with what u r saying , even i had doubts of how i will express that when i saw the topic , but u made it so  simple.