Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LadyMeringue thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Elvish, this was absolute brilliance! 👏👏👏 The way you have written this chapter is simply fabulous! ⭐️⭐️ Your Ranveer reminds me of the Ranveer that we should have been seeing post the leap, but alas. 

But the best thing about your story is Ishaani.  She is the perfect picture of independence and modernity who knows to keep her foot down and has her priorities set right. That is one thing that I want to give you a huge hug for. 

Chirag's colours are to come out soon and Ritika is going to be introduced. Btw, I loved the way you have written Punit's character and the whole book and 11 letter dialogue. That was completely crisp and made for a very good read. 

Love you for this chapter and do update soon! 😃
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
LM, thank you!

and, one thing I think I need to make clear is that Ritika is *not* being introduced here. Just saying in case someone is impatietiently waiting for her. XD
vlhs12993 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Brilliant chapter
Please update soon
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Originally posted by: vlhs12993

Brilliant chapter
Please update soon

Thanks. Will update soon. :)
_priyaa_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ha ha..loved this chapter...Zavery uncle is a smart man..he understood what would be Ranveer's final decision.., so understanding person...Loved how Ranveer made his final decision known to Zavery uncle without stating it directly..now eagerly waiting for the next update...it's a superb one...update it as soon as possible dear...Just loved the way you wrote everything...Two great things in one chapter...Ishani postponed her marriage & Ranveer denied to marry someoneelse...😳😃...so plz update it soon...so beautiful & i thoroughly enjoyed it...😃 Edited by _priyaa_ - 9 years ago
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Originally posted by: _priyaa_

Ha ha..loved this chapter...Zavery uncle is a smart man..he understood what would be Ranveer's final decision.., so understanding person...Loved how Ranveer made his final decision known to Zavery uncle without stating it directly..now eagerly waiting for the next update...it's a superb one...update it as soon as possible dear...Just loved the way you wrote everything...Two great things in one chapter...Ishani postponed her marriage & Ranveer denied to marry someoneelse...😳😃...so plz update it soon...so beautiful & i thoroughly enjoyed it...😃

Thank you, Priya. Yeah, Mr. Zaveri is very smart. :8 I'll update the next chapter soon. Probably after 3 days. Have an exam on 29th, so...
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RadzLuvShakti

Whaaaowww...superb ~👏

Thank you! :)
_priyaa_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Elvish_Hobbit

Thank you, Priya. Yeah, Mr. Zaveri is very smart. :8 I'll update the next chapter soon. Probably after 3 days. Have an exam on 29th, so...

ohh...that's okk..all the best for ur exam & i'll wait for ur update...😳
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Chapter 8

Ishani took a day off to study the new project without hindrance. The time passing swiftly made her more and more nervous, and sometimes her confidence gave her away. At times she would talk to her mother on phone for long, long while and yell how nervous she is whilst her mother will smile and say how stupid she was to underestimate herself.

Feeling extreme nervousness she again called her mother and told everything she was feeling.

"You are not in school, sweetie. Haven't you already done enough of work to be confident by now?" her mother said.

"I know. I have done more than I remember," she replied nervously, "but there are already big names associated with it. There is nothing but to feel nervous about it."

"Close your eyes," her mother said.

"What? Why?"

"Ishani, I know you are a champion in questioning but not every question is meant to have an immediate answer."

She closed her eyes. "Okay, done."

"Now, think of your father who gave this all to you, who made you worthy of standing where you are, who taught you how to walk, who was with you through every thick and thin, who never let the stigma of illegitimacy ever trouble you. He was your father. Now, since you have taken the responsibility of his work on your shoulders you can't come back. Make sure you make him feel proud," her mother said.

Ishani opened her eyes and smiled. She knew what was to be done. She was afraid, yes, but a new energy was running through her that seemed to chase away all the hopelessness, confusion, and fear of failure at once.

"I understand this, Maa. Thank you."

"'Thank you' for what, Ishani?"

"For being by my side, always. For taking care of me after Papa left us. For doing everything you did for me, for us. And for accepting my decision of not getting married at present," Ishani said.

"You are crazy, Ishani. Absolutely crazy," Falguni laughed. "I understand how you were feeling here and it was not right from my side to force you for the things you did not want to do. You are free to take your time."

"Thank you, Maa, once again!"

This time Ishani did not appear to be sad as usual and smiled quite a lot during the conversation, she was only nervous about the future work and its requirements followed by unsure consequences. Falguni noticed this change.

"Ishani, I sense you are happy. I'm glad to see you like this. In months for the first time I heard you laugh," Falguni said. "Anything special?"

"Someone told me to be to be happy for those who love me. My sadness must have made Papa sad too; and only looking after his business was not enough to keep his memories alive, was it? So now I've decided to be happy for him, and it doesn't hurt either," Ishani replied.

"That's good. Looks like you found a good friend over there," Falguni said.

"Something like that, yeah," Ishani ended. "Maa, it's time to go. Will talk to you later."

"Alright!"

And Ishani disconnected the call. She wondered if she should tell her mother about Ranveer returning back to her life or not, for she very well knew her mother would never want him to be by her side even in her dreams. Her father often used to talk about Ranveer once he had left the Parekh Mansion, but Falguni was never in favor of him being talked about in her house. Her father always hoped things could get back to normal, just like she did but her mother remained as stern as ever saying they have gotten rid of a traitor and it's good to stay away from such people. Imagining what her mother might think of him even now Ishani kept the truth of Ranveer being her business partner a secret.

Ishani still was not sure of her feelings that felt excruciating to the core. All the events were taking a toll on her. More than often she spent her nights in thinking what went wrong, why Ranveer did what he did two years ago. But her calculations would stop at the moment he had sworn on her saying he was innocent, that he had not even thought of Disha that way. But then, was he not wrong in trying to break Ishani's engagement with Chirag?

She wished she could ask him everything, and why he did this to her but even thinking of asking anything like this filled her heart with a weird shame. His behavior in recent days was abnormal. She was not sure what he himself was upto cause a moment of concern in his eyes showed her that he was the same old Ranveer who she had known for years, but his ignorance stung her heart and she realized he had changed. The Ranveer she knew could never ignore even a stranger the way he was ignoring her, he would have that concern for an unknown person but now his indifference towards herself deep down annoyed her. But why? She had no answer of this at present.

"I should not spend my time in brooding over these trivial things or everything will go wasted," she said to herself, as she immersed herself into her work, for it seemed to hold lots of expectations for tomorrow. 

It was evening time when Ishani finished her work and came to the terrace. The wind blowing was dry and cold; and the view of the entire land in front of her was gradually being covered with white fog. After five minutes the fog had completely taken over the city and only its whiteness was visible now. Soon after a while the wind turned into a chilling one that could numb the flesh from cold. Ishani shivering came back to the room and put on her brown fur jacket that after few minutes seemed to block the freezing caused by the sudden change of weather. She closed the window, drew the curtains and lit fire in the fireplace to warm herself.

"It's so cold," she whispered.

Evening was growing dark when Ishani heard a knock on the door. Putting aside each of the files in her hands she ran towards it and saw her associate, Mr. Khanna, was standing there.

"Mr. Khanna, you here! This time?" Ishani asked, surprised. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything's alright, Ms. Ishani," he replied with a smile.

Ishani gestured him to take a seat whist she went to the kitchen to prepare coffee.

"Take this. You must be feeling cold," said Ishani handing him over a cup of coffee.

"Thank you," he replied politely.

"So, what brought you here this time? I was coming to the office tomorrow anyway," Ishani said.

"Ma'am, today Mr. Puneet had visited our office to see you, but you were not present there. He had come to inform us that our project will be operated from Mr. RV's place because the group we are working with have already their almost every field occupied with other businesses. Therefore Mr. RV offered to give his own office to work for which everyone agreed," Mr. Khanna spoke in a breath. "And here are a few files that he wanted you to have a look on before starting it all afresh."

Ishani took the files and studied them attentively. They held the information about locations, objectives, workers, land, and future requirements of this new venture.

"Thank you, Mr. Khanna. I will see them and see you at work tomorrow," Ishani said as Mr. Khanna left.

Ishani gave out a sigh. From tomorrow her life's biggest event was going to start and she was having all kinds of mixed feelings about the upcoming day. They were blended with excitement, fear, happiness and enthusiasm.

"Sir, it's done," Puneet said.

Ranveer nodded in appreciative comprehension. "Good. And have you prepared the papers that you need to give Ms. Parekh?"

"I have given them to her. By now she would have studied them well and from tomorrow there's this project," Puneet smiled.

"That's good," Ranveer said.

Puneet had many questions running in his mind regarding strange the things happening to his boss. What he does and why Puneet never could understand the reason.

"Sir, I have a question. If you don't mind may I ask that?" he said after thinking a bit.

"Go on."

Puneet first had to gather his courage to question RV's decision for he always remained sure of them.

"Sir, I remember Ralph, the man who you had saved from being punished for theft few weeks back. I just want to know why you fired him." Puneet asked, and felt relaxed when he saw his boss' expressions were still the same-- possessing a nothingness that could be interpreted into anything but Puneet knew what it meant. His boss was ready to answer him, but what?

"Puneet, few things in life are not to be taken too seriously. You seem to be empathizing with him far too much while he is not worthy of this concern of yours and nor your attention. As long as his work pleased me I kept him here but now he had started acting weird which I personally noticed and that resulted in him losing his job," Ranveer responded.

"But, sir, everyone believed he was working fine, and he was enjoying his work too, then what--"

Ranveer glared at Puneet that made him his mouth shut.

"Sorry, sir," he said slowly. "Sir, there are people who are again back with their random gossip about you because they were surprised to see you helping someone (as if this thought was alien to them) but when you've fired Ralph they're kind of sneering you at your back saying the same old talk."

"Does that even matter? They'll keep working for me as long as they are paid properly; and when do you think, Puneet, it has mattered to me what others think of me? If someone wants to work with me they will work even though I fire hundreds of worthless workers," Ranveer ended, but this time with an unknown gesture in his tone that was beyond Puneet's sanity for the moment.

Despite Ranveer's supposed explanation Puneet was not convinced. Although he knew his boss never cared about others' opinions about him but he had something missing this time. Puneet had been Ranveer's most trustworthy employee ever since he had joined the company, and all the times either Ranveer would not answer him questions or whenever he did he would make them clear. Puneet sighed. Though he wanted to know what was in RV's mind he had to keep his mouth shut.

"Have you prepared the files of the Diamonds?" Ranveer asked while Puneet was still in his thoughts and did not notice what was said.

"Puneet," Ranveer repeated, and it was then Puneet came out to reality.

"Ye-- yes, sir," he fumbled.

"Did you hear what I just said?"

"I'm sorry, sir. I couldn't."

"I asked have you prepared the files of the diamonds that we are to deliver tonight?' Is everything done in that?"

"Yes, sir. It's all done. Let me get them right now," Puneet was still fumbling through words.

He went out as Ranveer waited for him. 5 minutes later Puneet returned with a bunch of files holding in his right hand and some in his left. Ranveer checked them and after approving he ordered Puneet to keep them safe.

"Puneet," Puneet heard Ranveer's voice calling him, "don't mind asking questions, and I hope I have not frightened you with the way I just behaved. You will know everything soon," he saw Ranveer finish the last sentence with a mysterious smile.

Puneet was stunned. Ranveer had read his fears and unasked questions.

"Thank you, sir," he left with a smile.

wind_dancer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome eh!! 👏
I love this Rv  and Ishaani soo much!! Where is that type of character..😊 The characterization and mysterious behaviour of Rv is just so exciting . makes u want to read even more. Great work and hugss!!! 🤗🤗