Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -iktaara-

Wow, I love how this forum never gives any credit to Kareena. Every film of her that worked is because of something else but her but every film that flopped is all because of her. Mary Kom had a big release with no taxes on certain states which should increase some box office numbers. Mary Kom herself is a legend that many knows which adds up to the hype..

Lol no she isn't. Even the director did not know who she was. 

Hence the creation of the film and sharing her story with the wider audience. 

To allow people to know who she is. 
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Umm? Are you serious? Director didn't know her and yet he made a movie on her. She was on most of the channel after she won bronze at Olympics. People knew who she was before the movie came out...
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -iktaara-

Umm? Are you serious? Director didn't know her and yet he made a movie on her. She was on most of the channel after she won bronze at Olympics. People knew who she was before the movie came out...

will people come to see the movie if kim sharma was the heroine or Tanisha?

just making a movie on Mary Kom even if she is a legend does not ensure anything. Let's give a little more credit to Priyanka here
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Did you not read my comments before? When did I not give credit to priyanka. She is awesome for doing this movie but that does not mean, it has other factors adding to the value of the movie...S
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tanya.91

let me correct u here Blueice ji...
when sunny is in question, then the phrase "comparing apples and oranges" can not fit the bill... instead it should be "comparing apples and water melons"    ðŸ˜†

🤣 ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£...LMAO...just like my previous comment...I didn't think in these terms for this comment also😆😆

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: preep

But the point is can kareena pull off the Mary kom role ??where as we saw priyanka easily pulled off The role in fashion which is similar to herione...

Yes Kareena could have played MK's role ...if she had the guts to look unglamorous , battered and bruised holding two babies...like PC did on the posters of MK...But the problem with Kareena is that Ms LazyAss...won't move her behind and do a challenging role...instead she would just pass it on to another actress and later boast about it...I don't doubt Kareena's talent even for a second...but I doubt her guts and willingness to take a risk like PC.
Atomicbomb thumbnail
So now people are saying Mary Kom is popular. 
This whole movie is centred around her and her story of not being considered Indian by the general mass because of her appearance. 

One of the themes in the movie. 

So to say she is well known is an over statement. 
Atomicbomb thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice

Yes Kareena could have played MK's role ...if she had the guts to look unglamorous , battered and bruised holding two babies...like PC did on the posters of MK...But the problem with Kareena is that Ms LazyAss...won't move her behind and do a challenging role...instead she would just pass it on to another actress and later boast about it...I don't doubt Kareena's talent even for a second...but I doubt her guts and willingness to take a risk like PC.

Yeah but how many times will people use this  as an excuse. 

If you spend money on a expensive meal. 

Would you go to the restaurant with the best food. Your money's worth

Or a restaurant  with crap food. However they too have the potential to make good food because they use the same produce but they don't. 

Clue thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So glad that Rani didn't do Mary Kom & accepted Mardaani. MK is just a biopic whereas Mardaani has become a movement & will easilt get a cult status for female centric (action) films. That it is an A rated movie success makes it even stronger. So far this year surely belongs to Rani & Kangana. Extremely happy for both!!
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: preep

But the point is can kareena pull off the Mary kom role ??where as we saw priyanka easily pulled off The role in fashion which is similar to herione...

Nope Kareena and action doesn't go together. I don't see PC pulling off heroine or JWM either. Both have their strength and are different actors..doesn't make one better than the other.