SS - A Birthday to Remember! Last Chap - P 17

-Hima- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Hello dear friends!😊

I have been a silent member on this wonderful forum lately. There are so many wonderful writers on this forum and I have been lucky to read quite a few awesome stories and brilliant episode analyses by some friends who have been regular hereπŸ‘.. and was inspired!😳 I had to write tooπŸ˜†.. so, here it is! I thought it would be an OS.. but then realised it would be a few parts.. don't know exactly how many. So, I am calling it a short storyπŸ˜‰ Please let me know with likes and comments if you want to read further!πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜Š

Thanks
Hima.

A Birthday to Remember!

Chapter1:

"Happy Birthday Ishima!!" wished little Ruhi with a big smile and hugged her dear mother. "Did papa already wish you?" she asked pouting her tiny mouth a little. She wanted to be the first one to wish her mother on her special day, even before her papa! But since she woke up a bit late as it was a Sunday, she wanted to find out if she had been too late to wish her.

"No mera baccha! No one wished me yet! You are the first one and thank you sooo much!" Ishita said as she planted a kiss on her baby's cheeks and hugged her.

"Ishima, papa is still not awake?" Ruhi asked. 

"He is beta! He went out on some important work just before you woke up" said Ishita laying down breakfast for her daughter.

"Hawww! Then he did not wish you happy birthday?" Ruhi exclaimed putting her right palm on her mouth sounding very surprised at first which slowly turned into annoyance at her papa's negligence towards her Ishima.

"Actually Ruhi, papa doesn't know it is my birthday na! I never told him. So, it is not papa's fault and I don't want you to say anything to him either, please" Ishita requested softly noticing her daughter's change of expression.

Ishita did not want Ruhi to be upset with her father because every time Ruhi felt that her father did not pay attention to her Ishima, she would let her father know that she was upset. In turn, Raman would do anything and everything to make his darling daughter forgive him. In all this, Ishita would be the scapegoat. She never knew how to handle herself when Raman showered her with weird gifts and fake concern just so Ruhi would forgive him. But she did enjoy Raman's attention once in a while even though it was for Ruhi'.  But this time, it was really not Raman's fault because Raman did not know about Ishita's birth date as they had never discussed about it. She however knew Raman's date of birth as he was her patient at Dr. Batra's and had given her his information for their hospital records.

Things are different between her and Raman now.  Ishita knows that she is Raman's wife now and not just Ruhi's mom. She can also sense that Raman feels the same about her - that she is HIS wife and not just Ruhi's mom. Otherwise, why would he resign from presidency and put his reputation at risk? Though they both never explicitly conveyed their feelings, she felt an undercurrent feeling of belonging with Raman as his wife now and Raman as HER husband. Ishita did not exactly feel sad this morning that Raman hadn't wished her, but she was still secretly wishing that he would come to know about her birthday and wish her at least by the end of the day without Ruhi or anyone else's interference. Well, she secretly wished a lot more, but would not dare to think too much about them.

"But Ishima, if papa doesn't know, we should tell him na! Otherwise, how will he wish you?" Ruhi asked innocently.

"Beta, you don't worry about that. Papa will definitely wish me but you promise me that you wouldn't say anything about this to him. Ruhi promise?",  Ishita said playfully with a wide smile.

Seeing that her Ishima was happy, Ruhi did not argue further and promised that she wouldn't say anything to her papa and ate her breakfast happily chatting with her mother and complimenting her about her look. "Ishima, you are the most beautiful mother!" Ruhi exclaimed after noticing how wonderful her mother looked that morning.

Just then, Mr.Iyer along with his wife Madhu and Mihika knocked at the door. As Ishita opened the door, they all greeted and wished her while Mihika navigated a beautiful birthday cake onto the dining table. Toshiji also came out to check on the door and noticed the cake. She was surprised to know that it was Ishita's birthday. At first she felt taken aback that she was not informed, but soon, hugged Ishita and wished her with all her heart. Mr. Bhalla and Romi also walked out soon after and wished Ishita on her special day. Everyone complimented that Ishita looked divine in her new sari that morning. Vandu and Bala jiju called up Ishita and wished her as well. So by now, Ishita was wished by all her family except Raman.

She started feeling a bit restless. All her family's wishes on one side and Raman's wishes on the other! Her heart was beating fast as she did not know when Raman would be back home. He did not tell her anything when he left in the morning. Since it was Sunday, she assumed he wouldn't go to office and must have had some other important work. It would be so awkward if he walked in at this moment when all her family members were here and the beautiful chocolate cake was sitting pretty on the table with her name on it. He would get to know that it was her birthday for sure and may be even wish her. She would definitely want that but she would feel so awkward and not know how to react. She imagined herself blushing crazily if Raman wished her in front of all. And what would happen to her if she had to actually feed him the cake and he would return the gesture by feeding her too! Surely, her family members would not make it easy for her. They would definitely make fun of them and do some leg pulling which she would not be able to handle, she thought.

She hoped that they would all leave soon and the house gets back to normal; like nothing had happened. But the Iyers and Bhallas only needed an excuse to get together and have fun. They all settled down comfortably and waited for Raman to come home so they could have the cake-cutting ceremony. While Neelu prepared tea and refreshments for all, Ishita took Ruhi inside to give her a bath and get her dressed; all the while praying that Raman does not come home until after everyone leaves.

------------------------------------

Chapter 2: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/112216681

Chapter 3: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/112226430

Chapter 4: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/112274843 

Chapter 5: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/112314057

Edited by -Hima- - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Rajji. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
HimaπŸ€— ! I don't know if you remember about me, i was on the BIDK forum πŸ˜‰

Welcome to this forum ! 

Loved this first part !! Ishita both wishes to have Raman wish her a happy birthday but she is getting to shy to even think about it, don't know how she will handle it! Can't wait to read the next parts. 

I think Raman didn't go out on a Sunday without a purpose, he is definitely planning something right?πŸ˜‰
Edited by rajji-cutest - 9 years ago
Anu0517 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Awesome start... Continue soon...
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
wow beautiful start Hima..plz continue soon n pm me too plz
_Dipsi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow Hima..thts a lovely start
Pls cont soon and also pm me if possible
frenzyy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome! Plz pm wen u update
kayan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
very nice continue soon and pm me please if u can
Divancraze thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome loved it..!!
Please update soon and PM me if you can...
avni_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Amazinggg start. Beautiful post! Plss updatee the next part sooonn.. plss pm me. Thnkuuu
arshi_f thumbnail
Awesome update 
Continue soon. ...n plzzz pm me