Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
You're welcome Amrita.😊 I'm a little amused reading this is your first creation as a story. The maturity with which you handled Karna though you disagree with him at many points it really appreciable. I can understand your view as I also believe in commitment and one man-one woman. I also don't know much about Vrushali. I've not even read Mrityunjaya. It is also not impossible to imagine her life. After all, pain is the same when heart breaks, whether it is for Draupadi or Kunti or Hidimba or Vrushali. Vrishali is not a significant person from the respective of Mahabharata's story. There is not much available about her than that she was an outcast. Anyhow that is not a matter to be discussed here. I like Draupadi because every woman has a Draupadi somewhere within herself. She dared to question the society and succeeded to get its dirty mouth shut.
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brahmaputra

You're welcome Amrita.😊 I'm a little amused reading this is your first creation as a story. The maturity with which you handled Karna though you disagree with him at many points it really appreciable. I can understand your view as I also believe in commitment and one man-one woman. I also don't know much about Vrushali. I've not even read Mrityunjaya. It is also not impossible to imagine her life. After all, pain is the same when heart breaks, whether it is for Draupadi or Kunti or Hidimba or Vrushali. Vrishali is not a significant person from the respective of Mahabharata's story. There is not much available about her than that she was an outcast. Anyhow that is not a matter to be discussed here. I like Draupadi because every woman has a Draupadi somewhere within herself. She dared to question the society and succeeded to get its dirty mouth shut.

Actually i do write essays n articles on various topics outside Mahabharat, but i had never written stories before...
This is my first...
Yes, there r so many things that i disagree about Karna n i have always admitted it in other threads as well...i dont hate Karna, but i'm not particularly his admirer either...
However, after interacting with a few members here like Sabhayata, I have learnt to see things from neutral point of view...
I am not fond of Duryodhan but i guess from Karna's perpective Duryodhan's character would have probsbly looked like the way, i have mentioned in my OS...

By the way, i read ur OS...u r a great writer yourself...
So, i guess these compliments mean a lot, comibg from writers like u...

And wat u wrote about Draupadi...

As for u said about Draupadi... πŸ‘
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: ash28

wowww awesome OS πŸ‘πŸΌ beautifully written πŸ‘ loved it

Thank u so much... 😊
luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Great piece of writing Amrita!πŸ‘..I Love Fiery Queen Draupadi in this..if only we had got some great scene like this on the show..😳..but i don't know how many people would take it with a positive mindset then..πŸ˜•..But i Loved the Fire in Draupadi portrayed here..this Panchali-Angraj face off was fabulous!πŸ‘
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
comment updated  page 3
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
You read my OS😲. I've not checked it yet. Thanks a lot for the big compliment. But I'm not a great writer at all. There are many brilliant writers than me in this forum. I'm sure of it as I've read a couple of writings here.

I might have missed your essays here. Besides my laziness, I've very less time to spend here.

Hate is a big word for me. Once I used to dislike Karna, until I had to learn about him to defend my views. Today there is no particular character that I dislike. I guess I've nothing to do disliking people died before 5000 years.
I've liked Draupadi and Arjuna even before I liked Karna. Their life was also not easy. As you know most of their hardships, I'm not wasting my words on it. I might possibly be the only one of that kind who never touched their ATπŸ˜†.

I've commented seeing you wrote about the writer in me. Let me curb my words before this turns into a spamming in others' eyes.πŸ˜†

Keep writing.πŸ‘πŸΌ
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: luv_sakshi

Great piece of writing Amrita!πŸ‘..I Love Fiery Queen Draupadi in this..if only we had got some great scene like this on the show..😳..but i don't know how many people would take it with a positive mindset then..πŸ˜•..But i Loved the Fire in Draupadi portrayed here..this Panchali-Angraj face off was fabulous!πŸ‘

Thank u so much...I am so happy to see some Parth-Panchali fans appreciating this OS...n i have said the same to the others as well...

I know that bringing Karna n Draupadi together in one story may not be appreciated by everyone...
But at the same time, i feel that its not wrong if they talk PROVIDED they stick to their characters n not exhibit any unnatural n scandalous connection...

In my OS, Karna is deeply in love with his wife n my Panchali is madly in love with Parth...

Anyway, i am glad u liked it n thank u so much for commenting... 😊Edited by amritat - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: MS-meghasharma

amazing os. it's a brilliant piece of writing.

u never know they might have talked like this in heaven.

i loved how draupadi made him realise his folly in understanding women and also apologised to him. she said that to him unintentionally at her swayamvar and i also liked how karna gave her his pov on the things that have happened among their families. it was great to see karna realising the importance of vrushaali and also apologising to her in the end.

draupadi still batted for her husbands and wasn't ready to hear anything against them. i wish she would have gotten peace and her pining for arjun ends.

Thank u so much for your gracious words...

Being inclined to feminism πŸ˜† , i tend to make every post of mine related to women... πŸ˜†

Anyway, i am glad that u liked it...

As for Panchali finding peace with Parth, maybe that will feature in another OS... πŸ˜‰
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brahmaputra

You read my OS😲. I've not checked it yet. Thanks a lot for the big compliment. But I'm not a great writer at all. There are many brilliant writers than me in this forum. I'm sure of it as I've read a couple of writings here.

I might have missed your essays here. Besides my laziness, I've very less time to spend here.

Hate is a big word for me. Once I used to dislike Karna, until I had to learn about him to defend my views. Today there is no particular character that I dislike. I guess I've nothing to do disliking people died before 5000 years.
I've liked Draupadi and Arjuna even before I liked Karna. Their life was also not easy. As you know most of their hardships, I'm not wasting my words on it. I might possibly be the only one of that kind who never touched their ATπŸ˜†.

I've commented seeing you wrote about the writer in me. Let me curb my words before this turns into a spamming in others' eyes.πŸ˜†

Keep writing.πŸ‘πŸΌ

So u r kind of a Parth-Panchali... 😳

Actually i was an admirer of Karna initially, but i guess after reading KMG, my opinions changed regarding him...
Now i have mixed feelings n honestly am really confused as to wat kind of a person he really was...

Maybe its bcoz of my immense love for Draupadi, that i cant appreciate Karna, the way other can.
I guess it takes immense maturity n neutrality to like Karna n Draupadi at the same time without connecting them through scandalous relations...

So now i like Arjun more...

Anyway, i dont have problem ib spamming, provided u say nice things... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† ...just kidding... πŸ˜†

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
The title itself frightened me!
You are really very very very brave Amrita...
Ok so now coming to the OS.. I have only read half of it.. I will complete reading it and edit my comment telling how i felt.. \but as far as I have read.. very entertaining.. I have read till the favour part..where Draupadi said she had done her a favour...