Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Faisal is a child acting for the first time. Plus his phase is not the main phase of Maharana Pratap's history. So he cannot be compared or get similar expectations as adult actors.

bitblue thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yup give him chance to prove it.
_Rini_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: atominis

Nobody bashed Sharad.

Comments on basis of Maharana Pratap's personality and SM's utter contrast is what is discussed. One has to look like a warrior and not just a prince.

Even in his newer pics with facial hair he does not seem to fit in image of Maharana Pratap that history and folklore have.

These are opinions. Not bashing or name calling.

Sharad can romance queens. I don't see him fit in battles or guerilla warfare in hills.

And add to it he is weak compared to Nikitin who is cast as Akbar. Whereas in reality it was MP who was stronger than Akbar.

Sorry to say he doesn't even have any resemblance to Faisal so to believe that this boy grew up to look like this.

The same PH ruined Veer Shivaji with wrong casting and that show flopped on a top channel like Colors. So who can trust them without questioning?

As public we have right to opinion and are not bound to repose trust in CVs or PH. They are not God.

I would have preferred an actor who was tall, broad built, had sunkissed complexion and solid baritone. A guy who could show just the right amount of aggression. The earlier names thrown as probable new leads were better compared to Sharad.

Good for you that you believe he can pull off any role. But not everyone feels the same.

Don't worry he will be lapped up in SR or romance type scenes. We will see what he does in battles.

Omg! Just BANG ON! Seems you have just penned down my thoughts, and in an amazing and straightforward way! I agree with each and every word of your post.
gr8love thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Atominis I get your point and please try to understand mine.
I was not comparing anyone least of all Faisal n SM. You are right they are totally different. I was using that as an example to show how Faisal fans wud defend him if anyone found any fault in his acting or persona. So I said tht is exactly how I felt... I only wanted to defend SM being a good choice for this role. But let's just agree to disagree! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š Ok??
I would Ike to b an active member of this forum and voice my opinion and make comments. So I don't want to start with a controversy or to offend anyone. This is IMHO πŸ˜Š! 
Edited by gr8love - 9 years ago
atominis thumbnail
@gr8love
I hope you remember that not everyone comments as a fan or hater. Many are neutral and opine on content and in general. I am not one of them who spoke on SM just because I was fan of FK. I watch this show for Maharana Pratap. And his history. Not to fangirl over actors or hate anyone.
You can defend SM as a fan but please don't look at every critical response as coming from another fan/hater.
Chitra89 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Faisal is a child acting for the first time. Plus his phase is not the main phase of Maharana Pratap's history. So he cannot be compared or get similar expectations as adult actors.

Very well said πŸ‘ πŸ‘ You just said, what I was thinking πŸ˜† 
nirmita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Pratap was taller than Akbar.but in the serial it will be shown that Pratap is shorter than Akbar because Niketan is taller than Sharad Malhotra. thats why the CVs and PH should think hundred times and million of them have hope that grown up Pratap and Ajabde will be best and will not disappointany one .so please don;t misunderstand me its not bashing SM or his fans I personally give my best wishes for future .my opinion is that he is not fit for this chacter .let him play the role of Pratap;son Amar singh.Or he can potray jagmal or vikram singh. 
atominis thumbnail
Right said nirmita.
Pratap was not only taller and bulky built compared to Akbar but also older than him by a year or two.

But serial is making their own history by showing Akbar more mature, tall and well built compared to Maharana Pratap.

Seeing state of historical shows and films now I perfectly understand why Sikhs do not allow any films or plays on their Gurus. Film and TV walas reduce them to costume drama. Accuracy be damned!

Sharad can play Sagar Singh or Jagmal. But Pratap?πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
isabella-2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: gr8love

Hi everyone πŸ˜ƒ,

I am new to this forum but not new to IF. I am a huge SM fan ☺️ since his Dulhan days. 
I hv been reading all da SM Bashing tht is going on here. And so thought tht I shud jump in his defence! POOR GUY is being totally verbally bashed even before he enters the show. 

Let me first assure all the Faisal Khan fans...I totally understand yr sadness and angst coz Faisal will nt be part of the show as thr will be a leap in which MP will be shown as a young man and not a teenage king. I totally get yr frustration n doubts abt seeing anyone else in MP's role. I wud feel da same. So please don't think tht I am against anyone. πŸ˜•

All I would like to do is to give you another perspective of this situation.
First of all for all those who prolly don't knw this... ever since SM left Dulhan he has actually done 3 films and one short film. His debut film was 'From Sydney with Love' in which he played a clg student and was well appreciated for his acting skills n screen presence. Infact after that he was on da list for da 10 upcoming actors to watch out for.
Then recently he completed his second film 'EK TERA SAATH' which is a supernatural thriller and he is a Rajput Prince in tht. I will upload some pics of his so you all can see that he projects a very regal n princely persona. This film will release sometime in da next few months.
He also did a film wid Kritika Sengar called 'My Father God Father' which is going to be the very first film to be released online. 
He did a short film wid Divyanka (Ishita Iyer from YHM) for a film festival. Both of these have yet to be released also. So even tho he has done 3 films in da past 2 yrs, they are yet to be released.
Now coming bak to your concerns abt his MP role...I am sure da PH and casting directors are not fools to choose anyone for their show. They obviously saw alot of potential in SM to chose him from all da shortlisted actors. He is a great actor and has a tremendous screen presence. During Dulhan he was in his early twenties so looked young n chocolaty. His role was initially of a mentally challenged boy which he played to perfection and then he was da suave Sagar. Later, after da rebirth he acted as da tapori guide Amar, soo well!!
But now 5 yrs later  he too has matured and looks macho n hunky. He has built his body and has some smexii dole sholes which will work well for his look as a Rajput King. Plus he will get into da skin of da character of the grown up MP wid ease and then you will surely be able to accept him as a well suited replacement for Faisal.

I think before you all write him off, please give him a chance. I am positive the PH and da director/producers of this show hv seen da potential and believe tht SM can take this show to another higher level.
So please be fair to SSharad and let him WOW you all wid his acting skills and his immense ability to complete the transformation of this show into da next phase of the storyline!
Sorry this got soo long πŸ˜•
But thanks for reading! πŸ˜Š