In defence of SSharad Malhotra as the grown MP!

gr8love thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi everyone πŸ˜ƒ,
I am new to this forum but not new to IF. I am a huge SM fan ☺️ since his Dulhan days. 
I hv been reading all da SM Bashing tht is going on here. And so thought tht I shud jump in his defence! POOR GUY is being totally verbally bashed even before he enters the show. 

Let me first assure all the Faisal Khan fans...I totally understand yr sadness and angst coz Faisal will nt be part of the show as thr will be a leap in which MP will be shown as a young man and not a teenage king. I totally get yr frustration n doubts abt seeing anyone else in MP's role. I wud feel da same. So please don't think tht I am against anyone. πŸ˜•

All I would like to do is to give you another perspective of this situation.
First of all for all those who prolly don't knw this... ever since SM left Dulhan he has actually done 3 films and one short film. His debut film was 'From Sydney with Love' in which he played a clg student and was well appreciated for his acting skills n screen presence. Infact after that he was on da list for da 10 upcoming actors to watch out for.
Then recently he completed his second film 'EK TERA SAATH' which is a supernatural thriller and he is a Rajput Prince in tht. I will upload some pics of his so you all can see that he projects a very regal n princely persona. This film will release sometime in da next few months.
He also did a film wid Kritika Sengar called 'My Father God Father' which is going to be the very first film to be released online. 
He did a short film wid Divyanka (Ishita Iyer from YHM) for a film festival. Both of these have yet to be released also. So even tho he has done 3 films in da past 2 yrs, they are yet to be released.
Now coming bak to your concerns abt his MP role...I am sure da PH and casting directors are not fools to choose anyone for their show. They obviously saw alot of potential in SM to chose him from all da shortlisted actors. He is a great actor and has a tremendous screen presence. During Dulhan he was in his early twenties so looked young n chocolaty. His role was initially of a mentally challenged boy which he played to perfection and then he was da suave Sagar. Later, after da rebirth he acted as da tapori guide Amar, soo well!!
But now 5 yrs later  he too has matured and looks macho n hunky. He has built his body and has some smexii dole sholes which will work well for his look as a Rajput King. Plus he will get into da skin of da character of the grown up MP wid ease and then you will surely be able to accept him as a well suited replacement for Faisal.

I think before you all write him off, please give him a chance. I am positive the PH and da director/producers of this show hv seen da potential and believe tht SM can take this show to another higher level.
So please be fair to SSharad and let him WOW you all wid his acting skills and his immense ability to complete the transformation of this show into da next phase of the storyline!
Sorry this got soo long πŸ˜•
But thanks for reading! πŸ˜Š
Edited by gr8love - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moumimon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
welcome to forum MP forum dear...well i am also big fan of Sharad..i am disagree with your point bashing Sharad...no one from the forum bashed Sharad i guess..as i try to follow every post of this forum...

well what i noticed that some members are raised their voice against sharad as they feel he is more chocolaty boy then macho man...they don't even said things against sharad..they just compared him real MP who was six feet in height real macho man the warrior according to history books and all..they are trying to stand him according to that...and personally feel that's not bashing at all...after being sharad fan too...

i just feel they are justified in their stand...well he is gonna play grown up MP so people will compare him with younger one[Faisal khan] and should also real one too..so don't get disappointed yrr..it's all about view..

as he is finally playing grown up MP i hope he will get success as grownup MP by his hard-work and performance..i hope all of old and regular viewers of the show will able to love him after seeing his performance...

PS: i hope you get my point don't get me wrong...

Edited by Moumimon - 9 years ago
_GurIkaholic_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hello welcome to MP forum .

I am a Sharad fan too from his Dulhan days . I disagree with you completely and also like to deplore your attempts of justifying that SM will be fit for playing older MP because we know he won't be . We are not bashing SM we are saying he isn't suitable for playing a great warrior with well built body and booming voice . He was known also famous for his personality . Its said that people used to get impress by just looking at his personality . We never expected SM to play older MP because we didn't find him suitable that 's it .You call it bashing ? So sorry to say you are yet know what bashing is in real then !

About the films he has done i didn't ever heard of any of his films they just came and go  (i swear i don't know and i do watch movies )except for My father God Father  because Kratika Sengar is there and i am a huge fan of KS . Here i wanna say being a fan i know SM-KS worked in XYZ movie but most of the people might know this . SM got appreciation ? He might have, don't know but he played a college guy in his first movie as said by you , that's what we are saying he looks like a choco/ lover boy . He is suitable to play those roles . We are not bashing him . I can see from where you coming from , being  a fan we do follow everything our favorites do that doesn't mean all will follow it and appreciate it.

Now coming to Faisal Khan , that kid is incredible there is no comparison of him whether its dancing , acting and stunts .I again disagree we are not sad or aghast because he is leaving we knew it very well a child actor won't play Pratap for very long time . We knew we some other actor would play adult pratap . Hence i totally disagree with your points .

Being a SM fan i wish he would have continued with his films . I love to see his acting and cute face as a romantic  hero .

P.S. Its my POV sorry if i have offended anyone .
Edited by _GurIkaholic_ - 9 years ago
gr8love thumbnail
Thanks for yr welcome Moumimon! Truly appreciate it! πŸ˜›
I do get yr point. Which is why I wrote in my post tht I totally understand da frustration and angst of the fans here. They are justified in their disappointment.
I used da word 'BASH' coz I hv read alot of recent posts in which ppl are being a lil negative abt SM...and I do understand why. Its coz they are not happy wid da leap n da fact tht Faisal will not be thr. Again I understand tht...I wud also feel da same.
So therefore I felt I wud make a post to defend SM n tell some facts abt him so ppl may feel a lil more comfortable abt his entry in da show. 

I do hope wen SM enters da show he will not only ROCK da role but he will take da TRP's of the show higher so ppl will be happy again! πŸ˜Š

Targaryen-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Who spoke against him??
Because the only things that I have about him in this forum is that he looks a bit of a chocolate boy and acc to the history MP looked more like Nikitan at least.
No one is bashing him dear.
Anywayz, this happens. Actors are disliked at first but ppl will warm up to them. And I am sure ssharad is gonna do a swell job as MP.
WC to the forum.
omi523 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am sure that all the bashers will change their minds about SM.
KratikaTheDiva. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _GurIkaholic_

Hello welcome to MP forum .

I am a Sharad fan too from his Dulhan days . I disagree with you completely and also like to deplore your attempts of justifying that SM will be fit for playing older MP because we know he won't be . We are not bashing SM we are saying he isn't suitable for playing a great warrior with well built body and booming voice . He was known also famous for his personality . Its said that people used to get impress by just looking at his personality . We never expected SM to play older MP because we didn't find him suitable that 's it .You call it bashing ? So sorry to say you are yet know what bashing is in real then !

About the films he has done i didn't ever heard of any of his films they just came and go  (i swear i don't know and i do watch movies )except for My father God Father  because Kratika Sengar is there and i am a huge fan of KS . Here i wanna say being a fan i know SM-KS worked in XYZ movie but most of the people might know this . SM got appreciation ? He might have, don't know but he played a college guy in his first movie as said by you , that's what we are saying he looks like a choco/ lover boy . He is suitable to play those roles . We are not bashing him . I can see from where you coming from , being  a fan we do follow everything our favorites do that doesn't mean all will follow it and appreciate it.

Now coming to Faisal Khan , that kid is incredible there is no comparison of him whether its dancing , acting and stunts .I again disagree we are not sad or aghast because he is leaving we knew it very well a child actor won't play Pratap for very long time . We knew we some other actor would play adult pratap . Hence i totally disagree with your points .

Being a SM fan i wish he would have continued with his films . I love to see his acting and cute face as a romantic  hero .

P.S. Its my POV sorry if i have offended anyone .

Ra I completely agree dear πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
KratikaTheDiva. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
TM me to totally disagree with you plus nobody bashed SM . 
atominis thumbnail
Nobody bashed Sharad.
Comments on basis of Maharana Pratap's personality and SM's utter contrast is what is discussed. One has to look like a warrior and not just a prince.

Even in his newer pics with facial hair he does not seem to fit in image of Maharana Pratap that history and folklore have.

These are opinions. Not bashing or name calling.

Sharad can romance queens. I don't see him fit in battles or guerilla warfare in hills.

And add to it he is weak compared to Nikitin who is cast as Akbar. Whereas in reality it was MP who was stronger than Akbar.

Sorry to say he doesn't even have any resemblance to Faisal so to believe that this boy grew up to look like this.

The same PH ruined Veer Shivaji with wrong casting and that show flopped on a top channel like Colors. So who can trust them without questioning? 

As public we have right to opinion and are not bound to repose trust in CVs or PH. They are not God.

I would have preferred an actor who was tall, broad built, had sunkissed complexion and solid baritone. A guy who could show just the right amount of aggression. The earlier names thrown as probable new leads were better compared to Sharad.

Good for you that you believe he can pull off any role. But not everyone feels the same.

Don't worry he will be lapped up in SR or romance type scenes. We will see what he does in battles.
gr8love thumbnail
Thanks everyone for your replies!
Like I clearly said- I am a HUGE fan of SM. and just wanted to defend him here as I read a lot of negativity about his casting in the role of MP. It's like if I were to start finding fault with Faisal's acting or something in the show, all the fans here would jump to defend him rt?? Well thts is da same way with me. 
πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜›

And this is purely my opinion which is not to offend anyone! Thanks for reading and replying!
 πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
Edited by gr8love - 9 years ago