Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: KhushLuvsGC-AK

Well frankly speaking I  know about Ruqaiyya character after watching JA and then I get to knw she is Akbar first wife.
And Jodha and Akbar story toh all knws very well.

see ruqayah is not an important character in history. Salima Sultan  held higher position than Ruqayah. Salima was also beloved of Akbar. Akbar loved many but  his true confidants were Salima and Maryam. Maryam stayed in Hindu harem in Jodha Bai Mahal. She held her separate harem. She never contacted with muslim begums. This is proven in badayuni's writings but badayuni was severe in his writings, he did not write high of hindus.
Edited by HaremSultan - 9 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I duno if ur sad coz of my post on ruqaiya...and think m spreading lies or something

see the point is that there is no conclusive proof of anything...specifically the husband-wife relationship between either JA, or Akbar-ruqaiya or pratap-ajabdeh...

historical evidences will also be debated and kept under scanner...not all is written in the books...not all is what we read in online portals or archives...there are facts which we will never know off

coming to kekta show - from whatever I ve heard ruqaiya was actually painted black or grey in that show and I totally doubt whether she would do a fake pregnancy drama and all...! conveniently to portray jodha as a bechari there...

coming to Jodha, Ive said this before too...that if the rajput clan has problems with the depiction of Jodha and have protested against the depiction - m sure JA story is not all that rosy as it is portrayed...Jodha gave akbar what he needed the most...enough to make him have a soft spot for her, regardless of her being hindu...but what makes one say that she was the "love of his life" either?

and that said - jalal dint stop marrying did he? after he married jodha? is it the lust factor? he had a harem filled with atleast 30 women - the number could be higher or lower...but definitely more than three?

if ruqaiya wasnt important - why was she given khurram for raising? why was she asked to give political advices, why was she allowed to issue fatwas? my point is she was with jalal for the longest span...

Originally posted by: Hiral_Halwa

I duno if ur sad coz of my post on ruqaiya...and think m spreading lies or something

see the point is that there is no conclusive proof of anything...specifically the husband-wife relationship between either JA, or Akbar-ruqaiya or pratap-ajabdeh...

historical evidences will also be debated and kept under scanner...not all is written in the books...not all is what we read in online portals or archives...there are facts which we will never know off

coming to kekta show - from whatever I ve heard ruqaiya was actually painted black or grey in that show and I totally doubt whether she would do a fake pregnancy drama and all...! conveniently to portray jodha as a bechari there...

coming to Jodha, Ive said this before too...that if the rajput clan has problems with the depiction of Jodha and have protested against the depiction - m sure JA story is not all that rosy as it is portrayed...Jodha gave akbar what he needed the most...enough to make him have a soft spot for her, regardless of her being hindu...but what makes one say that she was the "love of his life" either?

She was not his love of his life or they were not star crossed lovers. But Badayuni himself has written that jodha adjusted herself remarkably well in her new house and akbar got trapped in her beauty and his love for jodha remained till he died. She was his confidant. It itself says much. She was bestowed by many titles and involved herself in court though not in army.

and that said - jalal dint stop marrying did he? after he married jodha? is it the lust factor? he had a harem filled with atleast 30 women - the number could be higher or lower...but definitely more than three?
 Yes emperors did marry many times, this is not such a big deal.
if ruqaiya wasnt important - why was she given khurram for raising? why was she asked to give political advices, why was she allowed to issue fatwas? my point is she was with jalal for the longest span... because she requested, she did not have a child so she requested to raise him. i don't think this makes her very important . 

About fake pregnancy drama, nah ruqayah ko marna nahin tha. No woman, even babur's granddaughter could ever think of hurting emperor like this. she would have been banished from the harem and kingdom.
Mughal/ Turkish queens did involve themselves in cheap politics of harem and conspired miscarriages. just a short info.😆
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Did she have any choice? apart from adjusting? m just saying...

m sure Jodha was important...but does that mean that ruqaiya wasnt as important?😕 she may not have been the most beautiful one...but she was respected by both Jehangir as well as Shah Jahan too...Jodha will obviously have a special place in his heart becoz of salim

but m still saying the same thing...rajput clan is not ok with JA...honestly their community would have more idea about what could be the real deal...coz the history passes down from ancestors...even if with every generation is filtered/ condensed/ mixed up...

there are many folklore tales that are prevalent about pratap too, which werent accounted, but the community knows about it...who knows whether true ot not...

Originally posted by: Hiral_Halwa

Did she have any choice? apart from adjusting? m just saying...

m sure Jodha was important...but does that mean that ruqaiya wasnt as important?😕 she may not have been the most beautiful one...but she was respected by both Jehangir as well as Shah Jahan too...Jodha will obviously have a special place in his heart becoz of salim

but m still saying the same thing...rajput clan is not ok with JA...honestly their community would have more idea about what could be the real deal...coz the history passes down from ancestors...even if with every generation is filtered/ condensed/ mixed up...

there are many folklore tales that are prevalent about pratap too, which werent accounted, but the community knows about it...who knows whether true ot not...

not because of salim, she was loved by akbar much before that. he had bestowed him with the title of gift of allah much before salim's birth. And why would she become imp only after salim's birth when she gave birth to twins much earlier than salim. yes why would rajputs like jodha jalal story? but bharmal is to blame for that not jodha. she as a dutiful daughter cared for her father and her kingdom. obviously no rajput princess could ever become happy with such an odd match. sorry but pratap was really a great king. he is not bestowed as great in books but he was GREAT much greater than akbar. And i knew about twins much before they started to show in the other serial. she gave birth to mirza hasan and mirza hussain.
An info:
When Akbar went with Salim and Maryam for Salim's marriage with Man Bai, Bhagwandas said my daughter and i are your slave and she will remain a slave at your palace. Akbar said you are my master and your daughter will be queen at my palace. how sweet of akbar.😳
Vishal is playing akabar magnificently. I think no one can play young akbar better than him. His dialogue delievery is way better than jodha akbar's akbar. But his cruelty is way too much of his age. those cruel things were done by bairam khan not by akbar.
MaxMayfield thumbnail

Originally posted by: HaremSultan

not because of salim, she was loved by akbar much before that. he had bestowed him with the title of gift of allah much before salim's birth. And why would she become imp only after salim's birth when she gave birth to twins much earlier than salim. yes why would rajputs like jodha jalal story? but bharmal is to blame for that not jodha. she as a dutiful daughter cared for her father and her kingdom. obviously no rajput princess could ever become happy with such an odd match. sorry but pratap was really a great king. he is not bestowed as great in books but he was GREAT much greater than akbar. And i knew about twins much before they started to show in the other serial. she gave birth to mirza hasan and mirza hussain.

look, m not saying jalal dint love/ care/ like jodha...he may have, I dont know...I havent met him😆

maybe I should have framed my post differently..I was just comparing the similarities in ajabdeh and ruqaiyas role in their respective husband's life...the love of life reference was more from the perspective of the two women...whether their husbands loved them or not...(atleast about pratap I can still be sure, that he deeply cared about/ loved ajab) there is no intention to spread lies or condemn jodha - I dint even mention jodha there...so peace out