Truth Regarding Ruqayah-Akbar-Maryam(Jodha) - Page 4

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Hiral_Halwa

look, m not saying jalal dint love/ care/ like jodha...he may have, I dont know...I havent met him๐Ÿ˜†

maybe I should have framed my post differently..I was just comparing the similarities in ajabdeh and ruqaiyas role in their respective husband's life...the love of life reference was more from the perspective of the two women...whether their husbands loved them or not...(atleast about pratap I can still be sure, that he deeply cared about/ loved ajab) there is no intention to spread lies or condemn jodha - I dint even mention jodha there...so peace out

I was only giving answers to your questions and doubts. In your post i didn't find any comparisons. ๐Ÿ˜• I thought you were debating. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Pratap never had time to love anyone. You can say he loved Mewar the most but yeah he liked his son Amar Singh more out of his all sons so we can predict ajabde was very lovable to him.
Edited by HaremSultan - 9 years ago
Lols...I thot u were talking abt spreading lies, coz I did post a thread on the main forum - there I was comparing ajab and ruqaiya...๐Ÿ˜†
anyway alls well that ends well๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally posted by Hiral_Halwa

Lols...I thot u were talking abt spreading lies, coz I did post a thread on the main forum - there I was comparing ajab and ruqaiya...๐Ÿ˜†
anyway alls well that ends well๐Ÿ˜Š

I never read that post. I just wanted to tell all the forum members that ruqayah was not at all most important for akbar and certainly not more important than jodha. Salima Sultan surely held great place in heart of Akbar. She may have been equivalent of maryam in his life maybe above her. who knows but salima was more loved and respected by akbar than ruqayah.
All akbar's marriages was for his political gains. His marriage with ruqayah was a big political game like it was with jodha. He married ruqayah to make truce between humayun and hindal mirza and to make akbar more strong to gain the throne after his death. But at that time he was a child and could not choose a bride on his own terms.๐Ÿ˜† so ruqayah was balika vadhu of jalal.๐Ÿ˜†
thanks for sharing dear...

rEs for my comment...

What nonsense. Valide Sultan was a term used only in the Ottoman Empire it has nothing to do with the Mughal Empire. Secondly, Ruqaiya's personal wealth was far more than any of Akbar's other wives, her father Hindal Mirza (a Mughal prince) who was Emperor Babur's youngest son, owned one third portion of India and numerous jagirs which were all given to Akbar after Hindal's death, that says it all about the magnitude of Ruqaiya's personal wealth. And let's not forget her high pedigree as a Mughal princess, she was the granddaughter of Emperor Babur and was Akbar's equal in birth and status. Thirdly, Ruqaiya was Akbar's only chief consort until his death as stated by Jahangir himself in the Jahangirnama, it's clearly stated there that Ruqaiya was Akbar's sole chief wife. Now don't tell me that the Jahangirnama is also fake. Ruqaiya and Salima, who were both Akbar's cousins were closest to him and that's a fact.  

And I don't even wanna get started on the kids. The twins (Hasan and Husain) were born to a Muslim wife of Akbar not Jodha, Heera or whoever. Heera's notability arises out of the fact that that she was Salim's mother and that's it. Akbar had married numerous Rajput women for political alliances and his marriage with Heera was just a political alliance. He married dozens of women after her. People shouldn't degrade historical figures like Ruqaiya by spreading false information. Please don't reply to this because I only wanted to state facts and don't want an argument.

Btw this is MP forum not JA forum so I don't think anyone wants to discuss JA here when Jodha's not even a part of the show. There's a whole separate JA forum for that.
There was never any talk of Akbar's queens till JA film was made. 
I don't have time now but I did read about Ruqaiya and her importance in Akbar's harem. She was not that irrelevant either.

There are many reasons why Akbar changed. One of them is interest in spirituality. Only in today's films or shows I have seen they try to show that Rajputs changed him!

That painting is of Akbar and MUZ? Or Jahangir Nur Jahan?

Frankly I have never come across mention of any other Mughal queen in history books except Nur Jahan. The only influential one.
All others are shown only now in daily soaps where drama takes precedence over important events in history. 

Never read about MP's queens either. 

This is not a JA like show. I don't like unnecessary coverage of so called personal life and concocted romance. And definitely Akbar's personal life doesn't matter and shouldn't get too much focus in an MP show at all. 

Much of details of MP's life have been ignored to focus on Akbar here. 

It had already been decided when Akbar was little that he would marry a first cousin of his as his first wife because it was a Mughal custom to marry cousins. He was going to either marry his older uncle, Kamran Mirza's daughter or his younger uncle, Hindal Mirza's. It was eventually decided he would marry Hindal Mirza's daughter, Ruqaiya and not Kamran Mirza's daughter. And Humayun and Hindal had already patched up long before Ruqaiya and Akbar's marriage. Hindal even died fighting for Humayun and was declared a martyr by Humayun. 

Akbar and Ruqaiya were married by Humayun's wish because he dearly loved his brother, Hindal Mirza. There was no political gain in it because Hindal was already dead when their marriage took place.

Originally posted by HaremSultan

All akbar's marriages was for his political gains. His marriage with ruqayah was a big political game like it was with jodha. He married ruqayah to make truce between humayun and hindal mirza and to make akbar more strong to gain the throne after his death. But at that time he was a child and could not choose a bride on his own terms.๐Ÿ˜† so ruqayah was balika vadhu of jalal.๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by mystic786 - 9 years ago
If I'm not wrong, its you, lucykaede from the CGM forum. (please forgive me if u're not). Its sooo goood to see you after such a long time. Well, coming to the point, i won't be debating this topic out here. Because honestly speaking, I've no clue about Akbar's personal life. LOL, so better I keep mum. And I sincerely appreciate your efforts in compiling this information and posting it here. People will have their theories, who knows what actually happened in the past. I want a time machine, damn!
Originally posted by mystic786

It had already been decided when Akbar was little that he would marry a first cousin of his as his first wife because it was a Mughal custom to marry cousins. He was going to either marry his older uncle, Kamran Mirza's daughter or his younger uncle, Hindal Mirza's. It was eventually decided he would marry Hindal Mirza's daughter, Ruqaiya and not Kamran Mirza's daughter. And Humayun and Hindal had already patched up long before Ruqaiya and Akbar's marriage. Hindal even died fighting for Humayun and was declared a martyr by Humayun. 

Akbar and Ruqaiya were married by Humayun's wish because he dearly loved his brother, Hindal Mirza. There was no political gain in it because Hindal was already dead when their marriage took place.

hmmm...okay...i forgot this part so won't say anything. i guess i need to go through humayun's part again. ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by HaremSultan - 9 years ago