Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
Imagine Amisha Patel going 'public' with all that sick fight over her own parents over money,property and what not !!! 🤢 and then flaunting her relationship with vikram Bhatt - incidently the same guy who took Sushmita's public life into a straight nose dive spin.....

Kajol has been giving a very high nose lately....it's all over the news, Amir actually fathered a baby and did not even have the grace to accept responsibility......Salmaan romances the girls big time and then drops them like hot coal....right from Sangeeta Bijlani to who-knows-how-long Katreena.

Bollywood is a total bhanumati ka pitara.....or rather the proverbial pandora's box 😆. The poor tellystars are just but folding their legs out of the cocoon when compared to them.... 🤢

AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lashforever

you are forgetting that SRK was also a bolly-wannabe when he started in his telly world through fauji yes but did he give 4783284789234 intvws telling the world about Gauri Khan😕- so yes he was also a hiten/eijaz of his time did he publicize his dreams in every single intvw regardless of whether the movie was happening or not a la MS😕

anusha and sheenz, i have noticed that whenever you do compare the telly actors or actresses to bollywood you follow only 5 comparisons 😛 

well the below happen to be quite a dignified bunch😛 and we are comparing the top bwood stars to the top telly stars

but we ve dissseddddddd emraaaaan quite a lot if u remember; and we despise salman; we think saif is an ass for cheating on amrita and aamir might be a good actor BUT he still cheated on reena and that fact cant be refuted--if you have really read all we said esp. in our off-topic posts u d know

John-bipasha/SRK-gauri/The bachchan family/Roshans 😕we;ve mentioned arjun rampal-mehr jessia😛

Vs

Apoorva-shilpa/iqbal-sneha (maybe)/ shakti-sai(maybe)/manini-mihir 😕

what about gauri-hiten,lash didnt you read the posts where we were saying how we were about to faint with boredom at the number of intvws published about gauri's weight loss during Nb 2 rehearsals; we ve mentioned this manasi-rohit, we did talk about how their movies werent happening and also admire the fact that they didnt make a huuuge hoo haa about being in movies or the fact that rohit was in shoot-out at lokhandwaladelnaz-rajivi think we did mention the fact that rajiv talked too much and the fights on Nb btw them and the other couples ebcause these two loved asking for votes ?

and as far as bollywood actors and their lives -

salman ( i dont even wanna start)we despise him too, akshay (and what all he did before he settled with twinkle)yes but thats what the press wrote and not what he spoke about in each and every intvw and we did bash him for his fling with PC, sanjay dutt ( 😕 )we forgot that he even existed😆, imraan hashmi (and his famous affair with a married woman)uugghhh who cares about emraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, amir khan (and not just leaving his wife but celebrating his 2nd marriage like he was 26)we have spoken about how despite the fact that he is a good actor he cheateddd on rina and has a kid with a lady in GB amisha patel (and the very few that she ever gets along with)is she even significant the kapoors (who never cease to be out of major family problems)neither nush nor I can even standdd kareena and even though karisma has problems at least she doesnt give 4783748989234723 intvws about them mallika sherawat (and how she loves herself more than romeo loved juliet)she;s a witch with the second letter of the alphabet sushmita sen (dont know if ankahee was true to life... but she was also responsible for making the life of married woman miserable neverthless)yes and she smokes🤢 ash (and her falling reputation with how she deals with men in her life)well in real life ash is very humble; approachable and please abhi had rather marry her than marry some spoilt girl; she is the ambasador of india and she was 7849834 times better dressed than preity at cannes and she doesnt publicize her life the media does and thus gets called the "ice queen" saif (rosa)we know, preity (many many men)but she doesnt screch not does she make a public tamasha nor does she give 7432847823472394 intvws and at the same time she does work with projects such as Clean Mumbai(or whatever) and as iffffff ppl on tv such as urvashi dholakia  have lesser affairs, rani (what the hell was govinda doing in her life?)did rani even speak once about him unlike the tv stars who would give 47623768478234 intvws ...

I have listed all the other top actors that came into my mind in the first 5 minutes😆. is it rare to find actors canvassing for themselves.. have you seen page 3 and how many bollywoodians testified to it being true to a T.

I find preity, mallika sherawat and amisha patel incredibly shrieky and clingy as well. well preity is NOT as screeeeechy as SS; heck she is nowhere close and who cares about amisha and mallika is a *** if i say it i'll be banned

just using a few couples (or people) you are generalising the whole thing which is like comparing doctors to surgeons.

well we did praise ronit roy and his wife who rarely give 476389423 intvws;

oh and may i add that shweta tiwari called her co star a dog on natinal tv--bwood stars are more diplomatic than that😊

Edited by legallyblonde21 - 17 years ago

😕

Originally posted by: Minnie

Imagine Amisha Patel going 'public' with all that sick fight over her own parents over money,property and what not !!! 🤢 and what about the stuff that eijaz said about his fights with his family??and then flaunting her relationship with vikram Bhatt - incidently the same guy who took Sushmita's public life into a straight nose dive spin.....

Kajol has been giving a very high nose lately..lately??yes and SS has neverr walked off when approached by fans..it's all over the news, Amir actually fathered a baby and did not even have the grace to accept responsibility...and shweta tiwari and anurag basu 's public fights and shweta calling him a dog on national tv; and then manini mishra acting like the fans who approached her husband were all cows and Ss calling priyanka chopra dark😡...Salmaan romances the girls big time and then drops them like hot coal....right from Sangeeta Bijlani to who-knows-how-long Katreena. just like arjun punj left ss for gurdeep and then all that dirty linen was washed in public by SS

ohh and lets not forget the quotes about sharad kelkar saying that he was the HR of tv; and also the act of "we're dancing for you guys"; as if they were doing it for free😡

Bollywood is a total bhanumati ka pitara.....or rather the proverbial pandora's box 😆. The poor tellystars are just but folding their legs out of the cocoon when compared to them.... 🤢

OMMGGGG Kajol was sooooo rude to certain ppl who happened to see her at harrods; she acted as iff they were vermin and I when i heard i was like--uugghh does she even realize that Fanaa was a hit because of these ppl😡

well if in this case the telly stars shouldnt be compared according to you why do the fans compare them and say that they r better than hrithik; abhi; etc😕

and in this way we could say that the entire entertainment industry in the world was an overhype😕; magazines such as People; hello! etc need to be banned and the lives of brangelina; TomKat; J-Lo; paris; JT; beyonce etc shldnt be scrutinized because coming to it bwood is nothing compared to hollywood and that is a fact

P.S.-->maybe i shuld shut up coz i dont want a warning from minnie or lash😕

honeylime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
lashforever/Sheenz wrote:
you are forgetting that SRK was also a bolly-wannabe when he started in his telly world through fauji yes but did he give 4783284789234 intvws telling the world about Gauri Khan😕- so yes he was also a hiten/eijaz of his time did he publicize his dreams in every single intvw regardless of whether the movie was happening or not a la MS😕

anusha and sheenz, i have noticed that whenever you do compare the telly actors or actresses to bollywood you follow only 5 comparisons 😛 

well the below happen to be quite a dignified bunch😛 and we are comparing the top bwood stars to the top telly stars

but we ve dissseddddddd emraaaaan quite a lot if u remember; and we despise salman; we think saif is an ass for cheating on amrita and aamir might be a good actor BUT he still cheated on reena and that fact cant be refuted--if you have really read all we said esp. in our off-topic posts u d know

John-bipasha/SRK-gauri/The bachchan family/Roshans 😕we;ve mentioned arjun rampal-mehr jessia😛

Vs

what about gauri-hiten,lash didnt you read the posts where we were saying how we were about to faint with boredom at the number of intvws published about gauri's weight loss during Nb 2 rehearsals; we ve mentioned this manasi-rohit, we did talk about how their movies werent happening and also admire the fact that they didnt make a huuuge hoo haa about being in movies or the fact that rohit was in shoot-out at lokhandwaladelnaz-rajiv
i think we did mention the fact that rajiv talked too much and the fights on Nb btw them and the other couples ebcause these two loved asking for votes ?

salman ( i dont even wanna start
)we despise him too, akshay (and what all he did before he settled with twinkle)yes but thats what the press wrote and not what he spoke about in each and every intvw and we did bash him for his fling with PC, sanjay dutt ( 😕 )we forgot that he even existed😆, imraan hashmi (and his famous affair with a married woman)uugghhh who cares about emraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, amir khan (and not just leaving his wife but celebrating his 2nd marriage like he was 26)we have spoken about how despite the fact that he is a good actor he cheateddd on rina and has a kid with a lady in GB amisha patel (and the very few that she ever gets along with)is she even significant the kapoors (who never cease to be out of major family problems)neither nush nor I can even standdd kareena and even though karisma has problems at least she doesnt give 4783748989234723 intvws about them mallika sherawat (and how she loves herself more than romeo loved juliet)she;s a witch with the second letter of the alphabet sushmita sen (dont know if ankahee was true to life... but she was also responsible for making the life of married woman miserable neverthless)yes and she smokes🤢 ash (and her falling reputation with how she deals with men in her life)well in real life ash is very humble; approachable and please abhi had rather marry her than marry some spoilt girl; she is the ambasador of india and she was 7849834 times better dressed than preity at cannes and she doesnt publicize her life the media does and thus gets called the "ice queen" saif (rosa)we know, preity (many many men)but she doesnt screch not does she make a public tamasha nor does she give 7432847823472394 intvws and at the same time she does work with projects such as Clean Mumbai(or whatever) and as iffffff ppl on tv such as urvashi dholakia  have lesser affairs, rani (what the hell was govinda doing in her life?)did rani even speak once about him unlike the tv stars who would give 47623768478234 intvws ...

I have listed all the other top actors that came into my mind in the first 5 minutes😆. is it rare to find actors canvassing for themselves.. have you seen page 3 and how many bollywoodians testified to it being true to a T.

I find preity, mallika sherawat and amisha patel incredibly shrieky and clingy as well. well preity is NOT as screeeeechy as SS; heck she is nowhere close and who cares about amisha and mallika is a *** if i say it i'll be banned

just using a few couples (or people) you are generalising the whole thing which is like comparing doctors to surgeons.

well we did praise ronit roy and his wife who rarely give 476389423 intvws;

oh and may i add that shweta tiwari called her co star a dog on natinal tv--bwood stars are more diplomatic than that😊

Well, I completely agree wid sheenz here, we did bash abt all the actors u have mentioned, we cannot stand salman, and though Aamir is one of the perfectionist stars, abandoning reena and kids was really bad. Well, all we r sayin is telly ppl need a bahana to give 4259200809809 interviews abt themselves and their daily chores....Whereas the same bwood ppl u mentioned are hardly seen givin an interview abt themselves, itz the media who publishes their gossip...Certain telly ppl are really dignified...They dont brag nor try n glorify their image...We praise them too, for instance ram kapoor, I have not seen his soap nor am I a big fan, but he registering on IF itself is a sweet gesture, ppl like sakshi tanwar or ronit roy, they r sooo dignified...They dont go abt talking things...

The funny part is, certain telly stars go on n on abt their performance in one interview and chg their statements in others...I have never seen a bwood actress/actor do the same...May be tellywood actors work harder than bwood for the amt of money, sorry to say, but these Tellystars, have BIGGGGG heads than the most popular ppl in bwood.
insouciance thumbnail

OMG,this has so gone so far😲👏😃 ..I missed all this

and welcome lashy,to DM😉😆...

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

However, the thing is, it's highly unfair to compare bollywood vs tellywwod stars. Bollywood stars are news even if they sneeze, they don't really have to 'do' anything to be in news. However, while the tv stars work 3 times as hard for the one tenth of the money a bolly star gets, they still have to do things to be in limelight. Especially the ones who love attention.

see Minnie,that's the biggest flaw with television..The quantity is there,but there's no quality...

Agreed the television stars works much harder,but how effectively..??

Its very seldom that we get to watch a masterpiece from a television actor...90% of the work they do is plain run of the mill.....

Agreed a handful of television actors are really good(Hiten,Ram Kapoor and perhaps even Apoorva😊)..But its like one performance in like 6 months.....Its not their fault,its the scriptwriters' fault that they pen hackneyed storylines...But sadly,its not the scriptwriters who bear the brunt....television sadly is money for old rope,and these actors IMPROVE over the span of 3 years...We cry foul that Bollywood actors get chances,but we forget to think the number of chances the television actors get to improvize..Everyday is a chance for them,every scene is a chance..Whereas in the big screen,Unless one is really really good,one finds it hard to survive(notwithstanding the star kids)

The amount of censure and vitrolic criticism the bollywood stars garner is humongous.....  Everyone's performances,right from Abhishek's to Hrithik's has been ripped apart to shreds by the scribes..Whereas,thankfully for the television stars,no one reviews their performances....Being in Bollywood is tougher than being in television...In television,there's hardly any pressure as such...One just needs to click with the niche audience,whereas stars of the silver screen are bogged down with the pressure to look good 24/7,to invariably deliver powerhouse performances(orelse they'd come in for severe flak)....Whereas television actors make a heavy weather of their mediocre emoting 😕

When I go to watch a good  bollywood movie,I do feel satisfied,I do feel that I've got my money's worth...Sadly,that's not the case with television......anyone can do television,the only requisite is that one has to dress up in a good fashionable way....I mean,90% of the television actors are plain ordinary....The new finds Prachi Desai,Pallavi(the girl playing gauri in KAA),Mouni roy etc are just not exceptional..Their looks,acting,dialogue delivery everything is low to middling.

Now, saying Bollywood stars never do anything to gain attention ......or behave badly in public...........umnnnn I am amused. the other name for Bollywwod is gossip.

Yes Minnie,all scribes are predominantly gossipmongers...and Every Bollywood star is written about,but its all initiated by the media..They themselves dont go on record to reiterate their stances on the squabbles/gossip....They are extensively written about,but they personally dont go around giving interviews(barring certain people whom we've allready mentioned)

Any star, big or otherwise, and wants to be in news, does things which would keep him/her in public. So we have a Salmaan - Ash washing their dirty linen in public

umm,Ash had serious problems with Salman,yet it wasnt that she gave interviews left right and centre...Especially not ash,she being a fiercely private person...All people got to read was one interview,whereas television actos make a huge deal about their break ups(SS for example..She kicked up a rumpus when Arjun Punjj dumped her,and washed her dirty linen in public)...For the television actors,its like,anything goes amiss,its their field day...Anything goes wrong/right,some 50 articles in the offing🤢...They'll cash in on it👎🏼..Publicity of any sort is publicity🤢

we have Tina Munim and Rajesh Khanna going in print to say they share a tooth brush...🤢, we have a Mazhar Khan - Zeenat Aman fighting like pigs in public, we have Zarina Wahab slap Ekta ( currently Mohnish Behl's wife) because she would not leave Aditya pancholi alone.........even the 50s saw krishna kapoor beating nargis up with a jhadoo because she would not leave Raj kapoor alone..........we have had the dirtiest of fight that karishma got in with her then estranged hubby and matter going to court ......

I dont know about the older fights,but about Karishma..well,it wasnt her who gave an avalanche of interviews..🤔...The media reported every small development,but Karishma herself didnt badmouth sanjay 😕

you are forgetting that SRK was also a bolly-wannabe when he started in his telly world through fauji - so yes he was also a hiten/eijaz of his time

SRK marketted himself well....and As I said,marketting oneself is different from stooping to unfathomable lelevs just to be written about....As I said,Pawan Shankar markets himself well,without going overboard👏..He's always spotted at the right parties,he too gives n number of interviews,but all of them are work oriented...Its not like he brings in his wife and clings onto her and sticks to her like adhesive for publicity🤢..Neither did SRK publicize about Gauri.....😛

John-bipasha/SRK-gauri/The bachchan family/Roshans 😕

Vs

what about gauri-hiten, manasi-rohit, delnaz-rajiv?

Rohit Mansi are nice,but Rohit does admit that he hits on women for fun😕,and he also admits that mansi doesnt mind it...😕

Rohit roy recently had an altercation with his Viraasat co-stars,and he did give several interviews.But thankfully,the man didnt go overboard

Rajeev and Delnaaz might not cling and smooch in Public,but Rajeev's NB stunt cannot be so easily forgotton...He badmouthed certain other contestants who used to badmouth him😆...He too made many a controversial statements

Hiten Gauri per se are dignified,but even Hiten made a huge hullabaloo  when he didnt want to accept the award for the supporting actor,only because the previous year,he was nominated in the best actor category😕...and many a times,Hiten is badly dressed at parties a la his BFF Yash Tonk..But notwithstanding all this,yes he is dignified......😃

salman ( i dont even wanna start), akshay (and what all he did before he settled with twinkle), sanjay dutt ( 😕 ), imraan hashmi (and his famous affair with a married woman), amir khan (and not just leaving his wife but celebrating his 2nd marriage like he was 26) amisha patel (and the very few that she ever gets along with) the kapoors (who never cease to be out of major family problems) mallika sherawat (and how she loves herself more than romeo loved juliet) sushmita sen (dont know if ankahee was true to life... but she was also responsible for making the life of married woman miserable neverthless) ash (and her falling reputation with how she deals with men in her life) saif (rosa), preity (many many men), rani (what the hell was govinda doing in her life?)...

All the above agreed(BTW,some are rumours shradds😛)....For starters,no one said that the bollywood actors are better human beings than the television actors😛..Salman is the public enemy No 1,a 40 year old who yet has to grow up,Ash(as much as I might love her) unceremoniously dumped  Vivek ,Priety has had many a boyfriends....Every star has a skeleton or two in their closets....But,how judgmental can we be,by just reading what the media tells us.....You might say that telly stars might be made the victim of false allegations,but here these people themselves give interviews,something that Ash and PZ dont do

But lashy,this is their personal life,which they try to keep private,but they being in the public eye,invariably get written about.....Alot of space in the dailies is devoted to these people's lives...Infact,being written about and being projected in bad light is not how Priety and Ash want the world to conceive them..But,thanks to their status and their profession,they are being written about....

Whereas,the television actors themselves pull off antics just to be written about( a la SPA)....They would publicize their break up's themselves,their weight loss,their engagements(recently manoj bohra offered Mid Day the "privilege"😆 to publish his engagement photographs,something he was mocked by Mid Day for😆)

And sadly,90% of the telly stars are of the same ilk...They give the SAMEEEEE interviews,they reiterate the SAME cliches(C'mon...How many times has SS said that her husband is the most good looking man in India,How many times has Mona spoken about her movie that never ever happened,how many times has Rakshandha spoken about her love for Irrfan Pathan,How many times has IQbal spoken about his love for his girlfriend,how many times has Iqbal spoken about his visa application's being rejected and his being discriminated,how many times have Iqbal/Neha spoken about their tiff,How many times has Mona spoken about Karan Oberoi(and afterall,they ARE dating😛),How many times has Mona's weight loss/weight gain been written about,How many times has Mona said that she wants a break,how many times has Parmeet badmouthed JJKn,How many times SS spoke about her stint in JJKN,and how many times has the tsarina ekta spoken about her fondness for Prachi,How many times has Kekta said that her new show is going to be very different(which always proves to be wrong lol)... ...countless.....).....All I'm saying is,they need to relax and give themselves as well as the world a break!Period!..They direly need to learn how to smartly publicize themselves...Plain reiteration becomes monotonous and tiring to read,and it serves no purpose.. Mona couldnt clinch a movie because she gave interviews...If they have nothing to say,they shouldnt just give interviews for the heck of it...As it simply talks about the amount of free time at their disposal😛(which aint all that great a thing for a successful star)

Originally posted by: lashy

I find preity, mallika sherawat and amisha patel incredibly shrieky and clingy as well.

Priety's dating Ness,she doesnt cling on to him😕...priety's ex dumped her,and she didnt go around cribbing and ranting to the whole world that she was unfairly dumped...Ash dumped Vivek( for whatever personal reasons which BTW is none of our buisness),he didnt go around publicizing it..Bipasha dumped Dino,and as much as dinosaur( a ka dino) might be annoying,he didnt badmouth bipasha or give 245566 interviews👏

and besides,we see these bolly  stars only at awards and premieres,and thus even if they hug their friends,it doesnt come across as an eyesore,as its in moderation(lashy,your golden path😛..moderation moderation😉😆)...But,the television stars enjoy over exposure,and thus seeing them cling every second day is a major eyesore🤢

All in All,tellywood stars need to grow up,and need to learn how to carry themselves with dignity

another analogy...ABhishek Bachchan and Priety Zinta were quite frivolous and naughty on Koffee with Karan,they did let their hair down and had a field day..But it didnt come across as gross or cheap at any moment.....It was funny,interesting and thoroughly entertaining..But Kandy Floss was peeving and irksome

But Aakashdeep,Chetan Hansraj and Shabbir were plain GROSSSSSS on KAndy floss and aroused the ire of many of their very own collagues(their comments about loaded woman🤢😡) and made an exhibition of themselves👎🏼...so was Rakshandha,Shilpa Saklani and Maninie De( Manine infact so cheaply gloated about how ther husband garners female attention,and how women love them and adore them,and how she are lucky....SS spoke  about how dark skinned babies arent the most beautiful😡)..Its a heavy cross to bear,and if they cant bear it,they must just GOOOOOOOOO AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY with their fair skinned husbands ..These people get paid for their looks ,Mihir's claim to fame was Dr.Rahul of Sanjeevni,and he was noticed for his striking(according to people who find him cute😛) looks....had Mihir looked like Boman Irani,he wouldnt be in the positon where he is today..So,these people are cashing in on their looks,so what's the problem when certain asinine fans adore them for that...😕

Whereas,how a star wife Suzanne Roshan feels about the attention Hrithik gets..Sheen who met them would tell the story...😛

Sorry,but Tv stars are my bte noire🤢....They act like wannabies,and lack dignity and grace..A handful may indeed be nice,but that's just a drop in an ocean which exudes stench....Now these people may,for all we know,be good human beings,but they lack the finesse,they lack dignity and diplomacy

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: legallyblonde21

well if in this case the telly stars shouldnt be compared according to you why do the fans compare them and say that they r better than hrithik; abhi; etc😕

That's the main thing sheen...We have fans saying that Iqbal and Rajeev can give Abhishek,SRK and Hrithik a run for their money...and thus such comments eggs me on to ask "IF they were all that,what are they still doing in telly😛"

well Abhishek has gone on record to say that he took his bad reviews where he was torn to shreds and highlighted the parts where he was criticized about his dancing; acting; weight; hair; style; dialogue delivery and worked on it so that next time the critics would have one less bad thing to say; he took it as POSITIVE criticism and does not feel like he was victimised....whereas on the other hand goodness forbiddd if the fans are told that Apoorva Agnihotri needs a makeover and less hand movements when he talks and shld stop clinging to his wife like a match.com advert;or that mona singh needs to lose weight and wear the appropriate clothes one wears to dandiya..Or if anyone says that Gauri pradhan shouldnt be smoking,the person gets hate pm's...Or if anyone says that Eijaz Khan shouldnt have openly spoken about Anita when he wasnt sure,or that Sharad Kelkar's wife needs to careful when she uses paddings,or that sharad shuld not say he is the hrithik of tell because please HR in D 2 = HOTNESS and sharad is in no way hot🤢or that Ram KApoor's publicity stunt with Naman was unwanted,Or that MAnoj Bohra must stop acting like this wannabe,or that Shwetha Tiwary should act with a bit dignity,people would go mad.....all hell shall break loose and the fans go ballistic 😕--and that also in comparison to HR who is a fantastic dancer but who refuses to believe that he is and says he is alrite and needs to be told what Simi Garewal told him about no one being able touch him;and he just stared blankly at her

that aside I have yet to see Preity Zinta give even one intvw about Ness Wadia's businesses but in tellywood we have GFs taking a strange interest in their BF/Fiance's work and then going on record to reiterate the fact that they have nothing to do with television; Like Nush said Dino morea and Bips do nOT fight in public and neither have they given 8479834723 intvw whereas shweta tiwari and cezanne khan have engaged in quite a lot of mud slinging

bobby deol goes on holiday with his wife and kids BUT he does not give 7468372432 intvws about why; where; etc; and he replaced john in a yash raj film BUT tanya deol did NOT go around saying all sorts of crap about John or abhi or overtly publicizing bobby like a certain telly star's fiancee does(there is another example that has nothing to do with the 5 that lashy mentioned);how many intvws has mana shetty given in public about sunil shetty's work; are mana-suniel seen as a living match.com advert--NO!

as for Suzzanne Roshan--she says that it gives her immense pride and excitement to see that girls go gagagagaa over her husband; "its so much fun to see that; its the biggest high"; plz compare to remark made by manini on Kandy Floss

an article talking about their marriage and comparing themselves to bwood;SRK and Hrithik are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of rohit and mr. whats his name's league and preity and kajol are the top notch bwood actresses---why is manini trying to prve that she is like them 😕 😉 😛

Once married you lose your fans - is an age-old impression that has been hounding the entertainment industry - be it Hollywood, Bollywood or Tellywood! Single stars seem more of a rage as the idea to pursue looks more feasible.

But the people who subscribe to this belief are diminishing in count. Today the audience is quite reasonable and simply expects a noteworthy performance from their beloved actor. The significance of the status quo of their off-screen life has belittled.

Prashant Golecha finds out from a select TV stars if their marital status or personal life has affected their popularity.

Rohit Roy - (Status: Married)

In fact I would say that my popularity has increased, especially after Nach Baliye. I have fans who ask me about my wife Mansi all the time Television is by and large aimed for the family audience so people love the actor who is a family man in real life too. Also, my relationship with the female co-stars, like Shveta Salve or Sangeeta Ghosh, is the same, married or no, doesn't matter. We are all professionals. Even in the film industry, most of the hit stars are hitched.

Moonmoon - (Status: Divorcee)

To a certain extent marital status does make a difference, say about 20 %. If you are single, your co-stars are chilled out but if not they become cautious while interacting. Other than that there's no harm. In our industry the viewer relates to the characters and not individuals. One's personal life doesn't affect the fan following. They like you till the time your show is on air. Look at Shahrukh Khan, he married but has the maximum fans.

Maninee Misra - (Status: Married)

Gone are the days when actors used to think that their iconic status would change after marriage. The thought process of the public has changed, they have matured. Kajol made a grand comeback post motherhood. Preity Zienta is seeing Ness Wadia and is open about it. Today actresses acknowledge their personal life quite openly. As an actor I feel I should be liked or disliked on basis of my performance and not by my personal life or marital status. My marriage to Mihir has only added to our popularity and it got translated in Naach Baliye. People come to me and compliment my hubby. On the contrary this status is beneficial, co-stars and even other people respect us more, logo mein ek lihaz aa jaata hai.

Anoop Soni - (Status: Married)

People know the in and out about film and telly stars thanks to the media. Forget marriages even affairs are out in print. But this has no negative impact on their popularity. The audience is practical and mature. If they like you, they like you unconditionally. Film stars like Akshay Kumar and Hrithik Roshhan are married and so are most of the most sought after television stars. On the sets, the environment is family like and everyone is affable. Even off the sets, we actors mingle with the family of our colleagues.

Vishal Watvani - (Status: Married)

I have been married since last four years, and this surprises many people. One's personal affairs don't hinder their popularity. Shahrukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan are successful and they are happily married too. Most of the stars were married even before they reached stardom. It's good work that stays in public memory. Rajeev Khandelwal became popular as Sujal in Kahiin Toh Hoga. Even if he had been married at that time he would have been popular in the similar fashion as it was the character that was widely accepted.

oops