Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Rajeev Ki Heer

has any one remember Ram Kapoor in Monsoon Wedding?he was in MW??ommggg where??๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•see he was lost in the midst of naseerudin shah and shefali shah and randeep hooda๐Ÿคข....>๐Ÿ˜›

when Monsoon Wedding came at that time i read Hritik's interview( at that time he was giving flop movies like App mujhe ache lagne lage, na tum jano na hum etcyes but he also had k3g and he is still in bwood and not a reject) in that he said  that he would love to do a movie like Monsoon Wedding even a smaller role well he also turned down hum tum and dil chahta hai .at that time i thought if Hritik is ready to do a smaller role in MW it means Ram Kapoor is lucky to have a small role in Monsoon Wedding where he dont have a single dialogue to speak. yes but the hype that MW would have received would be mucchhhh bigger had HR been in that movie;i mean abhi has special appearances in LRMB; Hum Tum; SN--and these won him goodwill and were hugely talked about because he is abhi and NOT a tv star

Ram Kapoor was a known face bcz of Ghar Ek mandir at that time. imagine if the same role was done by Hritik how much recognisation that role can got which no one even noticed bcz it was played by Ram Kapoor a tv actor. can he do koi mil gaya??can he be  a sensation like HR in KNPHTV actors r popular may be overrated but still they dont have that much importance which Bollywood actors have. but they are overrated๐Ÿ˜ณ

so I according to me a TV actor cant be compared with Bollywood actors.well their fans do compare them and think they are on par with bwood๐Ÿ˜•

they seems to be overrated but they dont actually audiance watch them daily so most of the time talk abt them thats why they seems overrated.

insouciance thumbnail
No refuting the fact that Tv actors are INDEED quite popular,only that they are highly overrated
shikara thumbnail
I'm sorry buffie if this is going off topic but a second question one must ask is are bollywood stars worth hyping and worshipping and thus by virtue can we compare TV stars to them. Dont get me wrong I like Hrithik and Aamir and Kajol as much as the next person but do they deserve to be put on a pedestal and worshipped? Would not a regular joe or jane look as good with that much help ( trainers, stylists) and make up. Sure they are talented but so are the rest of us in what we do. Can SRK be as good and engineer or a doctor? Can Kajol be as great a lawyer or accountant. To make a long story short. Bollywood stars themselves are famous more by luck than sheer talent ( not all...most)and therefore if they are to be worshipped and adored and be held in awe of then absolutely nothing wrong with doing the same with TV stars. Techically, they also are practicing the same craft, acting and in fact probably work harder the Movie stars with their insane shooting hours for less money.
honeylime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Tellystars are overated for no reason...Infact, they over- rate themselves by bragging abt their bank balance, car n giving 4802850284080 interviews abt a petty role they will be doing in a bwood flick...No doubt, there r some tellystars who are pretty gud, but few of them who r bwood rejects (sheenz u have used the right phrase ๐Ÿ˜› ) think they can outsmart anybody...They start imagining themselves to be SRK or Big B...Tats wat annoys me ๐Ÿ˜•

sowmyaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: honeylime

Tellystars are overated for no reason...Infact, they over- rate themselves by bragging abt their bank balance, car n giving 4802850284080 interviews abt a petty role they will be doing in a bwood flick... I think Buffie's original debate is about if they are overrated and if they can be compared to bollywood stars. Please let's not talk about how they brag themselves, and call their achievement "petty role" No doubt, there r some tellystars who are pretty gud, but few of them who r bwood rejects (sheenz u have used the right phrase ๐Ÿ˜› ) think they can outsmart anybody...They start imagining themselves to be SRK or Big B...Tats wat annoys me ๐Ÿ˜•
well, this reminds me of my servant....๐Ÿ˜† he used to dress up with all yellow color clothes from top to bottom and when one of my neighbour's son used to call him "mithun" he used to get so happy about it๐Ÿ˜†... point being....there is no control over what they imagine themselves as SKR or Big B...i think/aim high is not bad after all ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by sowmyaa - 17 years ago
sowmyaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: shikara

I'm sorry buffie if this is going off topic but a second question one must ask is are bollywood stars worth hyping and worshipping and thus by virtue can we compare TV stars to them. Dont get me wrong I like Hrithik and Aamir and Kajol as much as the next person but do they deserve to be put on a pedestal and worshipped? Would not a regular joe or jane look as good with that much help ( trainers, stylists) and make up. Sure they are talented but so are the rest of us in what we do. Can SRK be as good and engineer or a doctor? Can Kajol be as great a lawyer or accountant. To make a long story short. Bollywood stars themselves are famous more by luck than sheer talent ( not all...most)and therefore if they are to be worshipped and adored and be held in awe of then absolutely nothing wrong with doing the same with TV stars. Techically, they also are practicing the same craft, acting and in fact probably work harder the Movie stars with their insane shooting hours for less money.

๐Ÿ‘ I totally agree with you. Bollywood stars themselves are overrated... ๐Ÿ˜†
greatmaratha thumbnail
Stars are over rated ๐Ÿ˜• be it SRK or be it Apurva Agnihotri.

Why the difference between tellyworld and bollywood.

Sometimes the nakhras of the stars both on big screen or on the telly tube make you wonder if they are all pretty faces alone with no brains.

But then, I look at them and then my brain and thank god, I am not one of them ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I would see it rather as a comparison between Stars and HUMANS.

And by the way girls, good examples, but lets not get carried away with words when describing stars. Irrespective of their ambitions, irrespective of their physical or other attributes, they have the guts to don the make up and come on screen to entertain us and we need to aplaud that spirit of theirs.

Imagine, if these stars werent on television or big screen, we would not be here on IF discussing them.

So lets keep the words discreet and nice ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
shikara thumbnail
Priya even I would don the make up and face the camera but unfortunately for me I dont have filimi links nor do I live in Mumbai. Besides I'm married and have a baby so I'm probably over the hill for bollyowoood standards ๐Ÿ˜†
greatmaratha thumbnail

Priya even I would don the make up and face the camera but unfortunately for me I dont have filimi links nor do I live in Mumbai. Besides I'm married and have a baby so I'm probably over the hill for bollyowoood standards ๐Ÿ˜†

Yaar, no probs yaar.  There is never a dearth for a sister, mom๐Ÿ˜‰, mausi, bua, fufi, dadi ๐Ÿ˜† or many other characters.....  They need people of all ages๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

But ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘  for ur spirit to even have the guts to think you can do it. 
insouciance thumbnail

I'm sorry buffie if this is going off topic but a second question one must ask is are bollywood stars worth hyping and worshipping

No,and I didnt worship them...But,it has to be agreed that they carry themselves with much more dignity..Ever seen a bollywood star screeching at award functions when they get an award...Ever seen bollywood stars displaying their affection for their spouse publically(hugging at every party etc)....Ever heard them gasconading about their bodies/looks....(barring SRK)....trust me,telly stars do all of the above and more....Bollywood stars or for that matter,no star is to be worshipped,because after all,they simply entertain us,they get paid for it..we pay for our entertainment,and we get entertained..Its all a give and take buisness,no one is doing us any favour,and thu I surely dont think any star (tellywood ,bollywood   ,hollywood  ) is worthy of worship๐Ÿ˜Š

and thus by virtue can we compare TV stars to them. Dont get me wrong I like Hrithik and Aamir and Kajol as much as the next person but do they deserve to be put on a pedestal and worshipped?

THey surely are on a higher pedestal than the television actors(better acting, they work on better  scripts and perhaps are more talented)....Perhaps they arent great human beings,but when  its a question of talent,beauty,histrionics etc,they sfare much better....But,reiterating,they too should NOT be worshipped...worship=blind fancraze๐Ÿคข

Would not a regular joe or jane look as good with that much help ( trainers, stylists) and make up.

NO,I have to disagree with you on this one...It perhaps is easy to find a bani or a jassi(ekta finds one every fortnight),but it isnt that easy to find someone who looks perfect for the big screen(a ka right height,weight,looks,etc)

Its really hard to find a joe who can be groomed to be a Hrithik...Not everyone would be having the proper height,weight,looks,acting etc..Thus its difficult to find another Aishwarya Rai,or another Hrithik Roshan so easily....heck,its not that easy to find someone like Priyanka Chopra that easily too.....Someone might have the look,but not the height..one might have the height,but not the right weight....

Sure they are talented but so are the rest of us in what we do. Can SRK be as good and engineer or a doctor? Can Kajol be as great a lawyer or accountant.

But here,we are comparing two similar mediums...

The telly stars have gone on record to repeat that they work harder than the Bollywood stars..that they are as good as their bollywood counterparts because these people shoot 24/7(shwetha tiwary said this)..So when these people themselves compare,and assume that they are as good as the big screen stars,what's the harm in our comparing

Two similar fields can be compared....because,after all,at the end of the day,every star(be it telly,or bolly) just act...they face the camera,and give the shot..๐Ÿ˜›..Afterall,when telly stars can be worshipped just like their bollywood counterparts are(and reiterating,I dont subscribe to worship of any sort),why cant be compared๐Ÿ˜›

To make a long story short. Bollywood stars themselves are famous more by luck than sheer talent ( not all...most)and therefore if they are to be worshipped and adored and be held in awe of then absolutely nothing wrong with doing the same with TV stars. Techically, they also are practicing the same craft, acting and in fact probably work harder the Movie stars with their insane shooting hours for less money.

Yes luck is important in every field..But credit where its due....Aamir and Hrithik work so extensively on their characters,heck,they prepare for months for one single character,and thus the quality is there.Television per se lacks quality...ekta has made innumerable clones of kyunki,sing the same tried and tested formula,her shows come in huge numbers sans quality..I would prefer to watch an Aamir khan movie any day over watching  kyunki saas or Kasauti..Because,I'm sure that I would get to watch a quality piece of work..SOrry to say,but indian television lacks quality...

I get to watch different avtaars of Aamir in different movies,but when I watch iqbal,all I see him doing is the same thing,once on sony,once in star...Quality work is more important than quantity,Television has quantity,no quality....๐Ÿคข..I see Iqbal doing the same thing in Karam apna apna,as what he did in KYPH....but Aamir's RDB and fanaa are as different as chalk and cheese๐Ÿ˜›

and ahem,did you mean to say that I worship bollywood stars๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†...No,I feel SRK is  wayyyyyyyy overrated,but he's anyday muchh better than the Iqbal's and the Eijaz's๐Ÿ˜›....Bollywood stars are overrated,yes..classic example..SRK...But then,think about it..when people like Iqbal,and Eijaz an be hyped,overrated and worshipped,who arent anywhere close to SRK(I'm SRK's detractor,but credit where its due..he HAS delivered good performances in certain movies),why cry foul that the Bollywood stars are overhyped..I'm just appplying your reverse psychology...JUst because bollywood stars are overrated,it doesnt mean every star,irrespective of the medium should be overrated.....๐Ÿ˜›..ITS like our condoning something that is wrong,only because it happens elsewhere๐Ÿ˜•

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago