Salman Khan is always there for me: Hazel Keech

Javed__ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

"Salman Khan is always there for me"

Bodyguard actress Hazel Keech talks about films, television and love. Bradley Fernandes is all ears
More on: Filmfare, Salman Khan, Hazel Keech

Written By
Bradley Fernandes
Written By Bradley Fernandes
intern
Posted Sun, Jul 27, 2014
Rate Story
Rated
Rate
Share This Story

So what is Hazel Keech doing nowadays?
I've been keeping busy, preparing for a new TV show I'll be hosting, meeting, reading scripts, travelling etc.

You're doing Tamil, Punjabi, Hindi films - isn't jumping from one language to another difficult?
Not really, it's all about performance and understanding your character and what message you're trying to portray. If you're clear and understand the intent of each line, each scene then language has no barriers.

Best part about being an actress
I get to recreate the people I observe on screen and capture them forever in a movie. I can't wait to find a character that's like me.
 If you were given a chance would you go back to the Bigg Boss house?
Maybe, if there was no Jannat and Jahnum. I wouldn't have asked to leave if I didn't fall deathly sick.

How was your stay at Bigg Boss?
It was interesting to see how people with no distractions become insecure and paranoid and also lovely to see how humans stick together and defend each other when there's injustice being done.

Would you do daily soaps?

I'm not sure I would do daily soaps, only because of the heavy work load. My family is in abroad and I treasure speaking to them almost daily. I'd never see them or speak to them if I did a daily soap.

Would you call up Salman Khan and ask for an advice?
Of course, any time. Salman and I met years ago and from the time we met he's always made it very clear that if ever I need advice, he's always there. I've never hesitated to call him and say hi. He's very fond of my family too. He's spoken to my mum and dad, and was invited to my sister's wedding.

What are you looking for right now in Hindi films?

I'm always looking for good stories and good characters. I love making films but love watching them more.  Even with Bodyguard, I loved the twist in my character. I found it so human and honest, I said yes for that reason.

One thing that works against the foreign imports in the film industry?

I can only speak for myself. My difficulty is trying to make people understand that although I was raised in the UK I had a very Indian, Hindu upbringing. I come from a conservative family that wouldn't like to see me doing topless scenes in a movie. A lot of people assume just because I was brought up in a Western country that I wouldn't have Indian principles and ethics.

Are you open to item numbers?
I love dancing, and I love dancing to Qawali, classic numbers and really peppy sounds with a great beat. I'm as picky with my songs as I am with my movies. Unless I love the song, I know I won't do justice to it. I put my heart and soul into every job I do, I work to the bone, I even let my health go for a toss because I'm so focused, that's why I only pick a project I believe in.

Do you face casting couch?

Haha yes, I think everyone encounters it one way or another. I believe no one can make you do anything you don't want to do. It's either in your nature, or it's not and it's a personal choice. But yes, it's there.