Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs.Fr.. thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
nice topic πŸ‘

well i guess during we are that muh busy ....in solving questions that we do not concentrate on our writing .............and if good hadwriting would be that much important all doctors would be fired ...or jobless
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Wow!!! A good topic!!My hubby will surely like to reply on my behalf here!!!πŸ˜‰

Now to tell you all a fact, the most impressive thing in me , to my hubby's knowledge is my "Good Handwriting". πŸ˜‰He is actually in awe with the way i write... if i hold a pen and start writing, he can do nothing else than keep watching me write!!!😳 Lol!!!Anyway, sssshhhhhhhhhhh, this is  a secret of my life!!! So do not spill it out!!!πŸ˜† One more secret is that, i manage to get this appreciation from one and all for my writing, even after being a left hander!!!πŸ˜‰Ya ya, i am a left hander!!!😳

Now to the topic of discussion. I certainly believe that a person with  good handwriting can impress upon people with more ease. The person who gets impressed can be anyone, starting from a school teacher, the paper correcter, the person you work for, your friends, your colleagues  etc etc.... And yes, i too agree with what Priya has said... A person can be identified and related to , with the way he writes... Good handwriting really gives a good impression to all... So it is necessary that kids start to learn the art of cursive writing with good and legible writing from a very small age!!!😳

Edited by sree - 17 years ago
Athena90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.priya

A good handwriting makes reading pleasant and enjoyable.

When writing in exams, imagine the plight of the person correcting the paper who has to decipher the writings of many.   Possibly the mind gets calm when he/she sees a clean and neatly written answer book and gives more marks to presentation, than to a untidy and illegiblly written answer book. 

I agree with priya. I mean for the markers who have to go through a 100 over papers in short time, a bad handwriting is irritating. They definetely are not in the mood to start deciphering what the words are. So, it can cost u a mark or two.

My handwriting has always been good, never got yelled at or told off for bad handwriting. The exception comes during SS paper when we have over 4 long essays in 1.5 hrs, then the handwriting gos for a toss esp when u hav 1 essay and  less than 20 min left πŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

My trick, i write in cursive during that time (my normal handwriting isnt really cursive) and make a few words in between legible so u actually get the context. words like 'to' and 'and' and all become illegible. since the essay is maked on content, links and logic, i am not penalised cause they can read the important kep words so to say πŸ˜†

But bad handwriting isnt a hinderance to success. If it were, we wouldn be seeing many doctors around, as pointed out by minnie di. But good handwriting definetely gives u an advantage πŸ˜‰. Neatness gives u an upper hand in impressing the teacher.

as an anology, its like goibng for an interview. Your attire doesn really matter but its gives u an advantage if u look neat and tidy as it makes a good impression. Similar with handwritings.
Parachute. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

If bad handwriting was really an hinderance, the in reality all doctors would be out of job by now... πŸ˜‰ Kyun Dr Abhi??

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Yea totally

Originally posted by: MNMS

I have a good hand writing since I was a child {thanks to my parents} and normally I do write pretty well.. but I have an illegible handwriting in exams…Reason: My hands start sweating badly when I am nervous.  I even sometimes can't hold my pen properly! A tissue box is must for me.  I have the smallest and neatest writing in my class hehe. Once, in grade 5, I did this journal entry and when I showed my teacher she was like "Did you write that?" and she didnt believe me πŸ˜† She thought an adult wrote it. Thats the exact same thing that happened to me, today we were having a test, and because I presssss like sooooo hard and I always write soooo small and neat. My hand got tired and then it started to sweat.

For this I even suffered from one mark lose in Biology in my 10th grade securing 2nd position in the subject and lost 2nd position in class. The unknown marking teacher wrote at my answer sheet:

"Illegible handwriting" and he put a [-1] for that.😑 

I asked myself: Is my knowledge more important or my presentation? I am quite able to do best in my subject, why is my handwriting being a hindrance.πŸ€” 

Well, I guess people look at neatness :s

Once my niece took up a paper where her friend had written something. Her friend is one of the best student of her school but she suffers from bad handwriting. One of our Uncle glanced at the paper and said: What a bad handwriting!? Ur friend is so illiterate.πŸ˜•

Gosh lol.

Ur comments.

I guess that writing neat is something important in our daily lives. People dont just look at your whatever lol but also the neatness or your writing.

Simply_Smart thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.priya

A good handwriting makes reading pleasant and enjoyable.

When writing in exams, imagine the plight of the person correcting the paper who has to decipher the writings of many.   Possibly the mind gets calm when he/she sees a clean and neatly written answer book and gives more marks to presentation, than to a untidy and illegiblly written answer book. 

If you study Handwriting analysis, they also say that clear writing is indicative of clarity in thought.  I believe this is true to some extent, not completely though.

Answering the question in the title, I wont call it a hindrance....  but having a good handwriting will be asset for sure.

Well said! If I am reading something with good handwriting, I can read it without trying to read and decipher at the same time. This will cause me to comprehend little of what was read, which in turn I will have to give a bad grade. The correctors of national or state test don't really have the time to go back and re-read the paper, so a neat handwriter might get more points than a person with bad handwriting because it is more pleasant to read something neat.

Originally posted by: MNMS

I have a good hand writing since I was a child {thanks to my parents} and normally I do write pretty well.. but I have an illegible handwriting in exams…Reason: My hands start sweating badly when I am nervous.  I even sometimes can't hold my pen properly! A tissue box is must for me.

That happens to me too...my palms get tremedously sweaty when I am nervous. I have good hand writing too and my hands get sweaty during a test/quiz as well, but I don't think it has ever affected my grade that much - except maybe lack of time.
Tomiko thumbnail

Exacty what my parents were lecturing me about two days ago!πŸ˜†

When we're in primary...........teachers put a lot of pressure on handwriting............I used to spend hours trying to get it joined up!

But now it doesn't really matter what your handwriting looks like........as long as the examiner can read it!πŸ˜›

prietyny thumbnail

Originally posted by: niya

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Yea totally

I agree😊

Originally posted by: nibbles

Exacty what my parents were lecturing me about two days ago!πŸ˜†

My parents keep telling me to write BIG πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

NKSUDHIR thumbnail
Bad handwriting is a hiderance or not it all depends on the marker. Normally markers know that there are very few students with very good handwriting and there are few students with good/average handwriting and there are lots of students with bad handwriting. If the marker is willing to take his time and read the answers thoroghly then, you get credit for what you know, if the marker is not willing to take his time and go through bad handwriting exams, then tough luck to most of us who has bad handwriting.
I have kind of average, readable handwriting, but in India High School and University exams are so long and theoretical that you have to write so much in 3 hours, my hand wrting is really bad and some times very hard to read when I write really fast. Economics, Mathematics and English was my favourite subjects and in my BA first year I gought highest marks in University for Economics( Thanks to my Marker who patiently read my paper and gave me all the deserving marks) but other times I got average marks not because I didn't knew the subjest, but BAD HANDWRITING.
These days there are so many on-line assignments and courses that it hardly matters how bad your writing is.
My son is so good in every subject but he has bad hand writing. I told him so many times at least write lilltle bigger but he says son't worry my teachers can read his handwriting. I think if teachers know you are a good student, the y take their time and give you credit for the subject matter.
But once you are out of University, who cares about handwriting. All the Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Acocountants have really bad handwriting but they are very succesful because at this point their succes doesn't depend on your hand writing,; it depends on your practical life.