Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: MNMS

NNGAL .. Welcome to DM 😊 Enjoy the debates here

thank you! 😊 you can call me anu.

Edited by NNGAL - 17 years ago
NNGAL thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

People who don't have good hand writing keep on shouting that handwriting is not at all important😑.They must be jealous of other's handwriting or should've got frustrated by their own handwriting.
Good handwriting adds beauty to the script.
with best wishes.
Mythili

may be!!!!!!!!!!

but my bad handwriting has never bothered me!!

even if i try to write neatly, my teachers find out easily that i have written some nonsense!! πŸ˜†

realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
With CBT's catching up hand writing will acquire lesser relevance. As for exams I think as long as its legible its fine. The answer is imp and not how beautiful the letters look. Mahatama Gandhi had bad writing and he was successful in his mission. Most of the great leaders have had bad handwriting, take heart. πŸ˜ƒ
lighthouse thumbnail
When my Doctor writes a prescription for me, I make sure I get the correct spelling and dosage of the medication and write it on the back... Too many medicines have similar spellings and I don't trust the pharmacist any more then I trust my doctor... πŸ˜†

Btw I have never been able to read any doctor's handwriting without guessing and I work with a lot of doctors. πŸ˜†
Krishana Tulsi thumbnail

Originally posted by: lighthouse

When my Doctor writes a prescription for me, I make sure I get the correct spelling and dosage of the medication and write it on the back... Too many medicines have similar spellings and I don't trust the pharmacist any more then I trust my doctor... πŸ˜†

Btw I have never been able to read any doctor's handwriting without guessing and I work with a lot of doctors. πŸ˜†

That is very tru!!!!...wat is it with Doctors and bad handwriting????.....someone enlighten me!!!😳

Morgoth thumbnail
Handwriting should be LEGIBLE. It should not be so bad that the marker is unable to decipher it.
anjali.nair thumbnail

Originally posted by: MNMS

The unknown marking teacher wrote at my answer sheet:

"Illegible handwriting" and he put a [-1] for that.😑

I asked myself: Is my knowledge more important or my presentation? I am quite able to do best in my subject, why is my handwriting being a hindrance.πŸ€” 

Ur comments.

I can't blame your teacher. If your presentation is not legible then how well can you convey your knowledge to the teacher? I give importance to penmanship. While growing up we were taught penmanship and illegible handwriting had negative marks. I still believe that it is something which should be taught from the beginning.

I read someone here said great people like Mahatma Gandhi had bad handwriting. Here is a quote from 'My experiments with truth':

"I am still paying the penalty of another neglect. I do not know whence I got the notion that good handwriting was not a necessary part of education, but I retained it until I went to England. When later, especially in South Africa, I saw the beautiful handwriting of lawyers and young men born and educated in South Africa, I was ashamed of myself and repented of my neglect. I saw that bad handwriting should be regarded as a sign of an imperfect education. I tried later to improve mine, but it was too late. I could never repair the neglect of my youth. Let every young man and woman be warned by my example, and understand that good handwriting is a necessary part of education."

Edited by anjali.nair - 17 years ago
Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
as long as u can read ur own hand writting, u can do anything in the world. even debate with the teacher for cutting the mark. and if u can't then yes, its a big hindrance in success.

mine is horrible. but I can read my own. so all is good. 😳
WildGloss thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
the other day my tutor saw my handwritin n told me.. "make sure u write reeli clearlyy during ur boards
cuz if d examiner is in a bad mood he'l slash ur paper!
n if hes in a good mood then he'l giv u killer marks"
i was likke --huh?!
so now handwriting matters more than d knowledge" πŸ˜† πŸ˜•

neways ..thats that.. but i heard this joke recently
a kid walks in wid his report card n shows it to his dad.. his dad jumps up wid delight cuz d kid has got
A grade in diction.. then he questions d kid.. how did u manage?! d kid says.. "wasnt very difficult dad..
i wrote in my worst handwritin soo d teacher cudnt understand.. n marked it all right" πŸ˜†

no handwritiing is bad..its just a new form of calligraphyy 😳 πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

greatmaratha thumbnail
A good handwriting makes reading pleasant and enjoyable.

When writing in exams, imagine the plight of the person correcting the paper who has to decipher the writings of many.   Possibly the mind gets calm when he/she sees a clean and neatly written answer book and gives more marks to presentation, than to a untidy and illegiblly written answer book. 

If you study Handwriting analysis, they also say that clear writing is indicative of clarity in thought.  I believe this is true to some extent, not completely though.

Answering the question in the title, I wont call it a hindrance....  but having a good handwriting will be asset for sure.