Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minu_8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: bips

and the trp system is crap. just 5000 ppl decide what the whole of north India watches

bips. i saw you had mentioned the YRF shows in some other thread... they were very good.. especially rishta.com but what i feel is Sony doesnt market shows well... had those been in star I think the chances of success would have been so much more.. sony didnt promote them well... plus i also feel when those shows were telecast... many viewers who were bored of saas bahu particularly youth didnt even know these shows were on air.. . even me... i was so totally off TV those times I never knew about them.. however i caught kismat one day and saw it.. but missed rishta.com... i saw it later online.. i think most people have found rishta.com online later and loved it... I am sure with right promotion there will be takers for such shows...

but agree on the trps... i dont understand the logic... now it looks like fans on twitter dictate story and tracks...
nevah_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IamSherLocked

I think its ufair to bash Indian shows to this extent. If writers and Directors do their work and producers stop interfering and non stop streching also stops. Plus some mature subjects are taken and handled well, I think Indian TV can be revived in terms of creativity
PS: The stupid TRp system shoud also stop

I agree that its unfair to bash to this extent. Its a fact that we have an audience for these soaps too. The fact is also that there are a lot of people who have loved ZGH and Aunn Zara, but are not enjoying the other 2 which were launched at the same time.

I read a lot of reviews of Pak serials on their websites, and it was interesting to read this article today:

Seems like some people there are getting sick of the repeated content there too.
ZGH was a breath of fresh air in the midst of the soaps here that people are getting tired of. I vowed not to watch any local TV stuff after I watched Humsafar. But a lot of my family and friends, though they loved Humsafar and felt it was such better quality than our shows, went straight back to watching our stuff. And they continue to do so in spite of us now having a channel showing us other content.

TRP system these days are not reliable at all. People are recording 2 shows at a time on DTH and watching a 3rd. Also ratings can be manipulated. (Like Taran Adarsh gives every single movie 4 stars!) So it has no bearing to the truth of viewership in any way. It should be ignored.
IamSherLocked thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Obviously, Its not that there are not talented writers in India. Its just that the channel will never take a risk. And you are right, y should the channel take a risk when the audience are not willing to accept it. I hope after Zindagi, the audience change their thinking
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Gumrah is by Maiyaa BTW. 
I have always maintained that Maiyaa had vision. But she hires a bunch of faltu writers and basically ignores her shows once it's on air. I used to love Hum Paanch which was the only project she was actively involved with. 
Also, people need to chill a bit with the comparisons. I have been watching a few Pak dramas, and they are hardly as amazing as people say. Same ol' relationship dramas in every show. Zindagi Gulzar hai worked so well because of its freshness. I don't think any other show will work as well on Zindagi. 
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Sony actually does make good shows. But Star plus has the best PR skills.  Even the crappiest of shows do well if they can get star plus to air the,trust me
minu_8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: The.Patthaaka.

Sony actually does make good shows. But Star plus has the best PR skills.  Even the crappiest of shows do well if they can get star plus to air the,trust me

I agree, sony does experiment with their shows...but they go wrong somwhere in their end product... and marketing is horrible...
Isa_de thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: minu_8

I agree, sony does experiment with their shows...but they go wrong somwhere in their end product... and marketing is horrible...

I totally agree..😊
shiningways2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: The.Patthaaka.

No,not anymoreπŸ˜†I couldn't stand the nari shakti slogan being forced down my throat. Akbar has been reduced to roadside romeo. So,no thank you. I refuse to watch such nonsense. I feel bad for RT though. Poor guy,had so much expectations with this show. But he should have known,her shows are always women centric,who cares if ur playing Baadshah Akbar or not? πŸ˜†Heard there was a mirchi powder war recently which the women fought and saved Akbar πŸ˜†

🀣 even I saw a thread with title MIRCHI WAR,f she makes ZGH,Zaroon will be reduced to a hybrid of Osama and Hamaad,trust meπŸ˜†

no no !! I dont want her to spoil the fictional male character which is closest to my heart.I already suffered alot becoz of butchering of Akbar
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nevah_mind

I agree that its unfair to bash to this extent. Its a fact that we have an audience for these soaps too. The fact is also that there are a lot of people who have loved ZGH and Aunn Zara, but are not enjoying the other 2 which were launched at the same time.

I read a lot of reviews of Pak serials on their websites, and it was interesting to read this article today:

Seems like some people there are getting sick of the repeated content there too.
ZGH was a breath of fresh air in the midst of the soaps here that people are getting tired of. I vowed not to watch any local TV stuff after I watched Humsafar. But a lot of my family and friends, though they loved Humsafar and felt it was such better quality than our shows, went straight back to watching our stuff. And they continue to do so in spite of us now having a channel showing us other content.

TRP system these days are not reliable at all. People are recording 2 shows at a time on DTH and watching a 3rd. Also ratings can be manipulated. (Like Taran Adarsh gives every single movie 4 stars!) So it has no bearing to the truth of viewership in any way. It should be ignored.

I so agree with this article last year has been really pathetic the only two shows that I have been watching are Pyarey Afzal and Laa, apart from that all other shows have the same story copied from maat, humsafar and other hit serials just that they are a c grade copy. But the coming line up seems interesting Atleast a few show look different like Jackson Heights and Another show with Sanam Saeed being shot in USA, than there is Goya with osman khalid butt and a young cast, also Mahira is doing Sadke Tumhare and that will be a period play, hopefully Sarmad khoosat's Manto will release this year too and that will be completely different than what we have seen in the past. I just can't wait for all these to air, really bored with current content
shiningways2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IamSherLocked

I think its ufair to bash Indian shows to this extent. If writers and Directors do their work and producers stop interfering and non stop streching also stops. Plus some mature subjects are taken and handled well, I think Indian TV can be revived in terms of creativity
PS: The stupid TRp system shoud also stop

there would have been no bashing of Indian daily soap had there been only few illogical stuffs on so called popular channel but the truth is just the opposite. All popular channels come with the same illogical stuff with endless rona dhona, bechari bahu,nari shakti, n so on. There was a time when Indian soaps were numbered with good stuffs ''the DD era'' but with the arrival of kekta mata the whole scenario changed. N when somebody bash Indian soaps its mostly kekta becoz now she is termed as soap queen, now she has became identity of Indian soaps. There r channels like mtv,bindas,v which comes with stories close to reality but unfortunately they r not given their share of reward by media/trp janta.