Users

Frequent Posters

kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: rsnarula67

Thanks for sharing Kaatayani

In a way, good that it is ending.

Lord Shiva's portrayal in DKDM - to a very large extent the brief is taken from Devdutt Patnaiks writings, and Mr.Raina certainly breathed life and soul into it. 

I too do not want Mr.Raina to do mythos.  Typecasting not good now, especially once you have essayed the best role of Eeshwar ever.   

Wishing him all the best ... would like to see him in different types of roles (positive and negative). 

I read Devdutt's works and found that he  deduced the things and works of Shiva, which ws visible in the Sati phase uptill shiv's marriage Parvati.. Nevertheless DKDM makers portrayed Shiv is an out of the box way.. seldom we see Lord of Lords romancing his lady love getiing all naughty πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

in any case, dkdm was a non conventional mytho and we may have disagreements on various portrayals but we ll agree to one thing that amongst all boring mythos DKDM ws a breath of fresh air with its portrayals and treament of  Shiv's story..

lets see wat MR takes up in futre.. as of now he needs to rest coz a role like that of Lord Shivs is mentally and physically taxing.. 

this man has shown his mettle and commitment and he will gain laurels in future as well πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
atominis thumbnail
It is sad that DKDM is ending like this. 
It should not have slackened and lost viewers. Since last few months it looks like it's on life support system.
I liked all tracks except Ramayan and Banasur track. 
I will miss this show a lot. Rare one with good cast, good visuals, good and touching writing. Dialogues were unforgettable. πŸ˜Š

It was a refreshing change from usual saas bahu or romance shows. Though it brought back trend of mythos and costume dramas, it is still the best of the lot thanks to the writing and performance of Mohit Raina.

Mohit's interview is nice in a sense that he understands the image and credibility he has now and will choose films accordingly. I hope he does not do any mytho soon. Let Mahadev image be there. Nothing gets bigger than role of Lord Shiva.

Good luck to him and DKDM team.

Still sad to know it won't last onscreen anymore. 
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Am glad they are ending it instead of dragging such a wonderful show.. its good if it goes out on a high..
rsnarula67 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by kaatayani

I read Devdutt's works and found that he  deduced the things and works of Shiva, which ws visible in the Sati phase uptill shiv's marriage Parvati.. Nevertheless DKDM makers portrayed Shiv is an out of the box way.. seldom we see Lord of Lords romancing his lady love getiing all naughty πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

in any case, dkdm was a non conventional mytho and we may have disagreements on various portrayals but we ll agree to one thing that amongst all boring mythos DKDM ws a breath of fresh air with its portrayals and treament of  Shiv's story..

lets see wat MR takes up in futre.. as of now he needs to rest coz a role like that of Lord Shivs is mentally and physically taxing.. 

this man has shown his mettle and commitment and he will gain laurels in future as well πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

@Bold  :
By 'Lord Shiva's portrayal" I was referring to the character sketch brief which is given to actors. This is what I think is more in line with Devdutt Patnaik's works. Mr.Raina certainly gave it an added edge and made it his own.πŸ‘

Regarding the romance part, Mr.Patnaik's writings (at least what I have read so far) very clearly does not reflect this very much, either in reference to Sati or in reference to Parvati.

The romance part I think is taken more from the works of various poets and playwrights - and of course the collective imagination of the people.  Where DKDM as a show scored was being able to translate the collective imagination on the personal relationship to the screen very well. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Also, the Gyan from Mahadev being put forth wonderfully, simply and relatably -   It is one of the reasons that despite my constant grumblings  (very un-Shiva like, I know), I will not stop watching this show until the end.

Shiv kehte hain ke Icchhaon ka anth nahin hota - lekin phir bhi meri icchha hain ki DKDM ek dhamakedar track ke saath end ho.
Edited by rsnarula67 - 9 years ago
kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rsnarula67

Originally posted by kaatayani

[/QUOTE]

@Bold  :
By 'Lord Shiva's portrayal" I was referring to the character sketch brief which is given to actors. This is what I think is more in line with Devdutt Patnaik's works. Mr.Raina certainly gave it an added edge and made it his own.πŸ‘

Regarding the romance part, Mr.Patnaik's writings (at least what I have read so far) very clearly does not reflect this very much, either in reference to Sati or in reference to Parvati.

The romance part I think is taken more from the works of various poets and playwrights - and of course the collective imagination of the people.  Where DKDM as a show scored was being able to translate the collective imagination on the personal relationship to the screen very well. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Also, the Gyan from Mahadev being put forth wonderfully, simply and relatably -   It is one of the reasons that despite my constant grumblings  (very un-Shiva like, I know), I will not stop watching this show until the end.

Shiv kehte hain ke Icchhaon ka anth nahin hota - lekin phir bhi meri icchha hain ki DKDM ek dhamakedar track ke saath end ho.
[/QUOTE]

@ my bold part... even i refrerred to the portrayal of Shiva thing.. mentioning the romance part in the same sentence does not mean that Devdutt deduced the romance part too πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

his (Devdutt's in case u got confused😳😳) Shiva to Shankara analogy was well drawn in the show coupled with romantic aspect of Shiv highlighted in the stories 
Edited by kaatayani - 9 years ago
nishi121 thumbnail
 i  have  no  words  to  explaine  my  sorrow. But  shiv  to  humari  atma  main basate  hai. woh  kabhi  humse  alag  nahi  ho  sakte. πŸ˜ƒ
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Is it confirmed for real  that DkDM is ending?

Unfortunately for me, DkDM really ended when  they dumped Sonarika as Parvati.  Just watched some of the Ramayan  since, and then some of the Andhak as well as the Ayappan tracks.

Incidentally, where is the serial now?  Did they cover the Dwapar Yuga - Mahadev's encounters w/ Gandhari, Arjun, Jayadrath, Samba,...?
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Is it confirmed for real  that DkDM is ending?

Unfortunately for me, DkDM really ended when  they dumped Sonarika as Parvati.  Just watched some of the Ramayan  since, and then some of the Andhak as well as the Ayappan tracks.

Incidentally, where is the serial now?  Did they cover the Dwapar Yuga - Mahadev's encounters w/ Gandhari, Arjun, Jayadrath, Samba,...?

Vrish they showed Banasur and made a mess of it and no nothing else from MB

Then they showed Mansa track which was fine because of the actress they cast as Mansa
Now I have heard they are showing Saraswati getting insulted by Bramha track . Do you know anything of such a story ???
Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 9 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
No, but in the beginning, when Brahma 'lusted' after Saraswati, Mahadev is said to have cut off his fifth head that existed for just that reason.  But that they showed in the Sati era itself, albeit not for that reason.

There are some versions that have Saraswati as Brahma's daughter, since he created her, and hence, Mahadev punished Brahma for what was presumably an incestuous craving

Did Banasur get killed in the end?  What happened?
Edited by .Vrish. - 9 years ago
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I don't have exact  idea if Banasur was killed even I stopped watching regularly after Sona's exit and I watched a few Banasur episode . They were horrible. But I guess yes he was killed by Krishna in the end as Mahadev stopped protecting him as he crossed some sort of limit  Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 9 years ago