Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nitarata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Lk, Abhi's expectations from her are subconscious. Consciously he doesn't want anything to do with her. And he is there subconsciously as well. It's that subconscious that makes him defend her in front of the creep at the restaurant, or to run to see her when he heard of her accident or saving her from policeman's stick. These actions weren't Daadi motivated but his instincts/impulse.

Yeah it's so one sided suffering for Pragya. That's very sad. I too hope tables turn soon.

However if MUs continue, one day Abhi will turn the tables with his impulses only.
Edited by -Tia- - 9 years ago
Lkb79 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Every scene you mentioned where he assists her also included a self serving motivation (his own reputation, didn't want to get in trouble with Daadi), with the exception of the stick (and even that can be chalked up to an instinct he could have felt for just about anybody standing in the same spot). 

While I can acknowledge these events as gestures that he cares, I think it boils down to the fact that I'm not satisfied by them alone as evidence that Abhi feels the way Pragya does at his point. I know it seems likes I'm being impossibly difficult on Abhi but it's hard to get past how one sided this whole affair has been and will continue to be given the upcoming track. 

You can tell me "I told you so" over and over the day Abhi starts paying for his actions, but I won't be holding my breath for that moment. πŸ˜† I'm starting to doubt Daadi will even hear about this whole Tannu thing.
Edited by Lkb79 - 9 years ago
flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zephyr29

I confess I'm extremely disappointed by the turn of events as per the new promo...did not want to see Pragya falling in love this way πŸ˜’

well swallow it up coz the writers are forced to conjure some crap while the makers sit looking at the ratings... as long as the ratings are up, the makers wouldn't mind showing even bubkis... 🀒 sad but true story of our indian tv medium.
flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: renukha871

So in the earlier episodes I've realised Pragya wears these night gowns ( before she married Abhi) and even Purvi, Bulbul, Tannu, Abhi and Purab has seen wearing pyjamas and sleepshirts. But ever since Pragya got married she is wearing nothing but that suit of hers. Even at night, she doesn't change into a much comfortable attire to sleep in? Lol! Why is that? Is it a thing for women in India to not wear nightgown after married? Or is it because Pragya feels uncomfortable wearing clothes like that around Abhi? I am confused. I feel bad for her sleeping in that uncomfortable attire all the time.

well... I think this is the precise reason why some foreigners... or most likely non resident Indians as well detest hindi serials... damn! they sleep with all their makeup, all heavy jewellery and costumes et all.. how do they do that? πŸ˜† 

its just some of the things we don't give a second thought to.. πŸ˜†
flutterby thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lkb79

πŸ˜† Pragya is everyone's victim. Poor girl. And totally agree with you. Give me something, writers! You give her a terrible mother? Fine. You make her romantic life a total distaster where no one ever reciprocates her feelings? Fine. She's not allowed to have any dignity or self respect? Fine. 

GIVE HER SOME GOOD CLOTHES THEN! (at the very least for sleeping) πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜†

🀣 πŸ€£ 

I think this is generally due to the ill conceived notion of traditional married girls.. not being shown with the idea of revealing their bodies much at night.. seems in total contrast to the fact that they sleep with their hubbies.. whom they have all the right to show whatever they want to.. 😎 
flutterby thumbnail

more thoughts later, gotta get back to work now :)

What is this thing you call work? I don't care for it. πŸ˜‰

My tolerance meter is low as well, renu. We can form a club. 

club? 😲 πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ˆ me wants in!!!!
Edited by flutterby - 9 years ago
flutterby thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Tia-

Lk, I say that he is there, because look at him, he expects her to be like a wife. He wants her to know what he likes, stand by him etc. etc.

When Puliya fiasco happened, he was pissed that she turned out to be a traitor- that's what she was right, to begin with for him? Then why was he shocked?- which meant he was subconsciously trusting her. 
So even this MU will prick him whether it's short lived or a long one. Remember how he was looking at her when she came to jail or in that little scene in the maha episode? He may not act on his thoughts because of Aaliyah, but he is there and growing more and more emotions about her..

This MU can't stretch for too long. Most likely he will go against her and get out of the jail somehow and your hot corporater will be ready with his gun or whatever to kill/hurt him.

@bold... hot corporator? 🀒 

jeeez... that's the unbearable thing about this show, the never ending MUs...
nitarata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Roger,
Lk finds him hot.
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Tia, you're talking about expectations he has of her. Is Abhi such a juvenile, though, that he doesn't realize there's a give and take in every relationship? I can see that he trusts her subconsciously and feels betrayed by MUs, but what has he done so far to earn the same from her? I'm not talking about how he helped her family or did things because his Daadi wanted to. What has he done for HER specifically with the conscious motivation of helping HER specifically? 

Pragya may not expect much from him because the writers wouldn't want her to be anything but mahaan. Clearly helping her family does help her, according to the writers, and that has sufficed in igniting warm feelings. That doesn't mean I shouldn't have higher expectations for my romantic heroes though. I get that he has an obstacle in his place right now and she doesn't. That in itself strikes me as unfair. Her feelings progress while his regress as MUs and obstacles develop. If I have to blatantly say it - why can't Pragya have MUs as well and then it's up to Abhi to reconcile it? Why is it so one-sided? 

It's for precisely this reason that I hope you and Ish are correct in thinking he will save her life. Willingly and consciously. Without outside influence. Without Daadi or Rockstar Daadi or Sarla begging him to do it. Then I will believe he is there like she is there. 

Originally posted by: renukha871

Yes!! There could be many kind of events. I just can't accept based on that one event, she has started to have feelings for him. I get that her family means everything for her and when he came and saved that marriage hall, it meant a lot for her. But i can't see it more than gratitude. Sorry, for once we have to agree to disagree on this I guessπŸ˜‰πŸ˜›.

Because she is falling again for someone that is again not available. And that is really, sad and heartbreaking. Why must the poor girl come to think that whoever she falls for never likes her back? Won't that further affect her self-confidence? And when she comes to know of Tannu's pregnancy, it will hurt her further knowing she can never really have Abhi. I know everything will work out in the end but throughout the process I only see Pragya getting hurt the most. And it's getting a little exhausting. 

Agree with both Lk and Renukha. 

@blue - That's what I cannot understand. Why is everything so one-sided and Pragya is at the receiving end all the time πŸ˜’? Specially since she was already shown to be in love with someone who loved someone else. Why put her in a similar position yet again? 
FhatTheWuck. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Yea its quite sad ! But oh how id love if She finally MU's ABHI! When Tanu thing happens and she might even walk out !!!!