ArHi SS: Stripped Thread 1 | * REMOVED *

Chokri_ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Banner Credit: Chotidesi (Thank you...this is perfect!)

Hello everyone!

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would actually be here posting a story but here's how this all started...one of my dear friends who happens to be a BRILLIANT writer, threw a challenge at a another friend, who also is FABULOUS writer and me, who has never written before.  It was challenge and people who know me, will tell I don't back down.  So we accepted it and wrote a OS, which is not suitable for IF and shall remain in the vault...YKWIM?!?!  Apparently after they read the OS, these two ladies think I should write more and have persuaded me to post something...so here I am with a Short Story! Not sure what your reactions will be but needless to say I have gotten the writing bug so please bear with me!  

This story is dedicated to Juhi (EXPELLIARMUS) and Choti (chotidesi) for believing in me and I would not be writing it if it weren't for you both!  Thank you and love you both!

Story:

This story is going to be a simple love story about Arnav and Khushi which takes place in a Corporate setting in New York with a little past.  Come follow their journey and see how their relationship evolves from professional to personal!  

Emotions laid bare and Stripped of all pretense...

Updates/Alerts:

Updates will be once a week depending on crazy AD, but will do my best!  I will send out a PM for this story or follow me on twitter @Chokri_ASR

Please buddy me if you wish to receive PMs when I update.

Feel free to silently read, like or comment, everyone is welcomed!

The Blog is also up for Stripped, if you prefer reading thereCLICK HERE

INDEX:

Prologue

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3 - Part 1

Chapter 3 - Part 2

Chapter 4 - Part 1

Chapter 4 - Part 2

Chapter 5 - Part 1

Link to Thread 2

Happy Reading and please let me know what you think! 

Thank you!

Jigs

Edited by Chokri_ASR - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chokri_ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Removed - Click here for note

Edited by Chokri_ASR - 8 years ago
chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Always. Hamesha.  Lots and lots of love and jhappis from your honorary little sister!

This is totally, completely deserved. I've always told you that you should try writing, and I'm so glad you did! Now I can say "I told you so" when you're super popular and everyone is showering you with praise.

There. I did it. πŸ˜‰

This is going to be:

YKWIM?

Love,

C

(J Di, ha! I beat you to it πŸ˜† Mandatory immaturity dun.)

Edited by chotidesi - 9 years ago
EXPELLIARMUS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

On this new beginning!

I am so glad that you finally decided to take the plunge and type out the story that wouldn't let you rest!

The prologue has me intrigued, right from the get-go. I like this Khushi you have created, and I love your descriptions of Central Park, her thought process, and her relationship with her family. In this short update, you have given us a complete idea of  who she is, where she's coming from, and her hopes for the immediate future.

You also have us speculating about her past...

And finally, that first meeting.
I could almost hear rabba vey in the background, except , it had a distinct New York flavor to it!πŸ˜†

So she is affected, and how! Now I can't wait to see how this goes...is he fascinated, too?

Looking forward to Chapter One already!

Good luck with the story, and here's wishing you all the very best for this new challenge that I know you are going to ace!

Edited by EXPELLIARMUS - 9 years ago
Arshi67 thumbnail
Jigs first of all well done for taking the plunge! πŸ€—
I really liked your narrative style. 
It flows very smoothly and is like you are talking to your reader. 
Love the amount of detail you've incorporated in this update. 
Astounding amount of information in a very succinct manner. 
So you said Khushi wanted to come to a foreign place to 'truly be myself' - was she putting up a facade of maybe appearing happy for her parents? And what was the reason? Waiting to read about that...
Liked the relationship she has with her parents and the banter they share - who she takes after is clearly a long standing, but indulgent,  bone of contention in the family!
ASR's hair was 'perfectly trimmed' πŸ˜‰
Loved the way you built up to the first meeting (Rabba ve?) - she was 'unusually anxious' 'nervous'. And then the 'electric shock'! Perfect!
Eagerly waiting for more...
Have now learnt how to spa*, so be warned! πŸ˜†
Oh and that OS that's locked away, inbestgations karaiga padi #manoramabond

*Phew* it was really hard being objective since it's you who's written it! but that's what you asked for and anything for you β€οΈ

Edited by Arshi67 - 9 years ago
Heavens_Flower thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

What a prologue... are you positive you are a first time writer... πŸ‘ 

You wanted us to be objective... s@#$% that... how can I be objective of anything when it involves you... so my comment is going to be very subjective as I love you more Jigs...

I like the way it started off and the first person point of view... I think you killed 2 birds with the first-person -point-of-view adaptation since 
- you can put yourself in Khushi's position and enjoy all the benefits awarded to a writer and be comfortable in telling your story your own way...
- and secondly you are that girl who gets to gaze into... what is that ha...  "hypnotizing molten caramel eyes" πŸ˜‰

Take a bow lady ASR you nailed it just by the narration format you have adapted...

Rest of the story... well... it has all the elements of a great story... 
- the suspense of a back story, 
- the strength of a strong heroin - a Khushi who is educated and independent and knows what she wants and not afraid to make choice, who blends the east and west effortlessly with Jimmy Choo's and calling the parents back home religiously.. 
- the parents who can potentially make emotional blackmail just because they all love each other
- A 25 year old who has grown up in the love of her parents and possibility wants the same in her life and will not settle for anything less...
- A handsome hero... though you have not touched upon him in detail with the simple interaction he had so far had I am going to assume he is not an arrogant jerk...
- An electricity / chemistry that means there will be a lot of dhak... dhak.. moments
- A setup of the most buzzing city in the world

I loved all of it...

...but I am also worried for you... I hope you will deliver on the expectation you have aroused in the minds of your readers without killing yourself in the process...

Space it out, balance it well and take it slowly... no late nights till 3 am regardless of the pressure... If you do it, I will stop reading it... That is a promise!!! I am sure all the bees will support me on this...

All said and done at the end of the day I am very proud of you and endlessly thankful to:
- Juhi for starting this CC and bringing all of us together... I would have not known of you otherwise... 
- Juhi and Choti for giving you the challenge
- All the folks who encouraged you... who I many not even know...
- You for accepting it

Great job and keep it up!!!

Edited by Heavens_Flower - 9 years ago
A_BA thumbnail
RES😊

Edited:

Jigs, I'm so glad you have decided to take on this journey of writing about Arnav and Khushi, in a corporate setting and in New York!!!

You already have me so intrigued - what's up with Khushi's past? Is there something between Lavanya and her boss? How will Arnav react to Khushi after their first meeting?

I love how you detail NYC so beautifully - I've never been, but I like how you are making me visualize it all!!

Great start - now you have set the expectations really high for this love story and I can't wait to be on this journey with you😊
Edited by A_BA - 9 years ago
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Wonderful Beginning J! I didn't know there was a writer hidden in you. Should've have known from your comments themselves. Anyway, I am veryyy happy for you. I am so thankful to whoever dared you to write because I am in for a treat I know. πŸ˜›

You know oddly I have this thing about first pov but for you I will give it a go. Interesting title.

I think sometimes we get swayed by our parents so much that often we come to regret certain things in life. I don't mean marriage...there is so much more, like choosing your career paths. If you come from a desi family, arts mean absolutely nothing. I understand their insecurity about our future, but sometimes I feel like we step down because going further would be like going against our parents.

Of course there are some parents who listen to their children's heart's desire like Khushi's family. I believe they are lucky. To carry the burden of not just oneself's expectations but your parent's expectations, your family's expectation...it's a big thing, often tedious because we start living our life to other people's term. Which is not necessarily a bad thing...but we have one life, when do we start living it for ourselves?

Sorry for getting off topic...πŸ˜†

I like that your Khushi is strong and independent.  Anyway, clumsy Khushi makes an appearance? hypnotizing molten caramel eyes!Hmmm!!

I am looking forward to the long interview. Bring it on.
Edited by InvisibleSmile - 9 years ago
tinkleby thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Jigs, I am so very glad you decided to write! A talent like yours must be explored and given its due appreciation πŸ€—

Coming to the prologue, I loved the detailed picture you provided. It felt like I was right beside Khushi looking at the wonderful place

I absolutely loved Khushi's characterisation, strong, independent yet emotional, all in right proportions. I loved her conversation with her parents, it felt so real!! I could actually visualise their expressions as they worried about her and reassured her.πŸ‘πŸΌ

Only you can describe and make Lavanya like that!!πŸ‘ You know where we don't naturally cringe at the sight of her πŸ˜†

And of course a peek of Arnavji!  I immediately started humming rabba ve under my breath as soon as he caught her 😳.
hypnotizing molten caramel eyes   *sigh* He sounds so perfect!
I am sure it will be a rocking story!

I loved how you gave a clear picture of everything yet maintained that element of suspense intact throughout. 

This is what I know (since I eliminated 'think'πŸ˜‰)

And,

I am like this waiting for the story to unfold,

Thanks for the P.M.πŸ€—
Edited by tinkleby - 9 years ago
arsneh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
congrts for ur debut ss
res for now