Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Found this online
Another folk retelling tells us how Kunti never shared her kitchen secrets with Draupadi. Through food Kunti ensured her sons still came to her and were not totally smitten by their beautiful wife. Is there an act of one upmanship?😆

Sound familiar, any married ladies out there?😆
Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: thearcher

Found this online

Another folk retelling tells us how Kunti never shared her kitchen secrets with Draupadi. Through food Kunti ensured her sons still came to her and were not totally smitten by their beautiful wife. Is there an act of one upmanship?😆

Sound familiar, any married ladies out there?😆

Ohhh...I see so even Kunti was not less in having contrl on her sons...🤣
By the way...Any idea did she share her household secrets with Draupadi or not ?😆
AnuMP thumbnail
Another post I found online. I think the author meant Yuyutsu and not Vikarna, but otherwise its pretty funny

Now the last part of the puzzle"who spread these horrible rumors about the characters of Kunti and Draupadi ? I think I know who.

Bekarna. Yes. The guy who escaped. The only Kaurav who was spared by the Pandavas to look after Dhritarashtra and Gandhari. Did you ever hear of him after that? No you did not. Because he vanished and spun the spin of all spins.

What he could not do with weapons he did with his "media manipulation" so much so that the abiding image of Duryodhana will always be the hero vanquished on the battlefield by unfair means"dying but not broken.

While Draupadi shall always be remembered as the lady who had 5 husbands none of whom stood up for her when she was being disrobed.

Edited by thearcher - 9 years ago
Angela_Grokes thumbnail

Originally posted by: thearcher

Another post I found online. I think the author meant Yuyutsu and not Vikarna, but otherwise its pretty funny

Now the last part of the puzzle"who spread these horrible rumors about the characters of Kunti and Draupadi ? I think I know who.

Bekarna. Yes. The guy who escaped. The only Kaurav who was spared by the Pandavas to look after Dhritarashtra and Gandhari. Did you ever hear of him after that? No you did not. Because he vanished and spun the spin of all spins.

What he could not do with weapons he did with his "media manipulation" so much so that the abiding image of Duryodhana will always be the hero vanquished on the battlefield by unfair means"dying but not broken.

While Draupadi shall always be remembered as the lady who had 5 husbands none of whom stood up for her when she was being disrobed.

OK ! I am quite sure that the author meant Yuyutsu not Vikarna or else he has less gyaan of Mahabharat.

@Bold I can start a debate on that right now...😆 but better not get to that lets continue with Kunti.
AnuMP thumbnail
OK guys, why are there no postings on Kunti/Drau? The saas-bahu thing at least ought to be worth some fun😆.
I have to go to work now. But remember always, SAHDEV KNOWS
Spring-Dew thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
congo 4 da new AT we shud complete atleast 15 AT's b4 mb ends
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Congrats on the new AT guys

so we are discussing kunti and draupadi

the only major role kunti played in Draupadi's life was that she was the one who asked all her son's to share her(of course unknowingly) which led to Draupadi marrying all her sons?

now what do you guys think why didnt kunti take her words back?She could have done that once she realized that her son was actually talking about a woman and not a thing?Do you think she kept her son's untiy above what will be good for draupadi at that time and hence didnt take back her words?
Satrupa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
dnt knw y, bt I always Like the bond btwn Kunthi-Dhraupathi

Regina_Lupa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

the only major role kunti played in Draupadi's life was that she was the one who asked all her son's to share her(of course unknowingly) which led to Draupadi marrying all her sons?

now what do you guys think why didnt kunti take her words back?She could have done that once she realized that her son was actually talking about a woman and not a thing?Do you think she kept her son's untiy above what will be good for draupadi at that time and hence didnt take back her words?

i have read somewhere tht by seeing the eyes of her sons all looking at Panchali she feared there might be war btw them over her!! so she let the marriage happen!! 😕
Angela_Grokes thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

I think that she might have understood if Draupadi marries only Arjun it may be a harm to the unity of the Pandavs since Draupadi was so beautiful that she could have been easily wanted by any man. And thus to keep the Pandav unity she might have not taken her words back. And of course because it was so in Draupadi's destiny.