SS~Dutta~a trilogy~ thread 1. Follow the Heart. continued on thread 2 - Page 110

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: tamanna1391

nice update very painfull to let go of someone who is so close to you

helloo tammy 😃 good to see you partner.. hope revision going ok? yes sadly it was heavy update.. but you summed it up very well.. such is life..alas..  will post next ud tomm.. catch it when you take a short break from revision.. much love as ever yours ,hammie.
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mirage123

hi hamlet

😭😭 dutta 's worst fear came true dad gone forever nana is a hypocrate fake condolence 😡dutta & naku are orphan both need each other ..ud fast
happy easter

hi mirage great to see you😛.. yes the inevitable  happens..  nana you rightly so said is not as he seems.. yes dutta and naku have traumatic back grounds.. two lost souls , brought  together.. thanks for the wishes and delish! eggs.. ud will be posted tomm..do catch it .. much love  hammie.
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sona89

Hi Hamlet

its painful for Dutta to losing his father .Naku around for him made it bit easy ...Naku to be  permentaly in his life require guts to fight Nana ..Dutta can be the only guy who can do it..waiting to read next meeting of Dutta & Naku😊

helloo sonaaa! good to see you..😛.. yes it was a sad ud.. well dutta will have to take some decisions.. as nana will do too.. you will see what happens when I update tomm.. sona thanks for continuing to read the story.. and giving  interesting comments.. much love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: stranger2rose

Once again your update stirred something within me . It was beautifully written and one could feel the pain of dutta as well the helplessness of nakku. It's not easy to see you love break down. But I have to say Nakku is handling him wonderfully. Glad baaji brings aayi sahib home surely dutta feels better and her presence reminds him that he still has a mother. Thankfully Daksha feigns nausea and let's nakku meet him. Coming to naana the less said about him the better but still curious to know his next step

helloo rose , great to see you .. i think others too love seeing you rose..  your comment has stirred me too.. hammie has puffed up with pride.. after all the comment is from you , best  tasha romantic  writer.. according to me..and I bet many other readers agree,with me. Yes I  recalled many bits of LTL1.. especially dutta dealing with emotions , he found difficult to handle.. although damodar ka section was mixed feelings from dutta.. hate, being deceived , and how could i forget guilt... aye sahib became widow  due to his father..
 thanks for your encouraging comment.. do catch the next episode  which will be posted tomm..  can I add in all honesty rosie.. how much it means to me you a much loved FF writer still reading my work.. much love hammie.
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: uwith

hi hamlet

to bade farewell is difficult &for  forever dutta went through pain which naku an orphan could understand & she is helping him ..nana has secret which might help them...waiting to read further 😊
thank you flowers photo: thank you DSCN0224-1.jpg

Hello uvi,   yes it was a grim episode.. I tried  to unravel dutta's pain.. and yes having naku beside him some what halved his pain.. read the next  ud tomorrow..  and thanks for the lovely flowers..  gave a lift to my mood..  thanks and much love hammie

Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hi hammiee
comment amazinggg just like ud waiting😊
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Mishal Raheja

as Dutta

Follow the Heart 

Part 9

His weeping distressed her and slowly she shifted and pushed her arms under his armpits and encircled his wide wet back. Dutta felt her heart beating against his.. seemed the distance between them  readily decreased  and intimacy increased. Naku's palms pressed his back and his tears magically lessened as he sensed the heave of her bosom against his chest. A shudder ran through him and it was not the cold that prompted it, but her nearness. A  weary sigh escaped from his mouth, as Dutta gathered himself and parted from her and looked down into her green eyes that held an anticipation within them. He felt tempted...she was nymph like, the rain outlined her fragile petite  physique under her pristine white clothes pasted to her shapely contoured body..  she was so beautiful, innocent and delicate waiting to be loved.. maagar Dutta as vulnerable as he may be, respected her too much than to be swept away by the torrent of passion.. so casually he revolved his stubble chin pressed  atop  her wet chunni covered head. With eyes that flickered he looked up from under shelter of green leaves.. that had tear drops of rain dripping from their pointed ends.. passion gave way to a certain sense of complacency that all was right with the world.. Dutta said in a relaxed hummed nasal tone

"there is no one  about tu chuuni uttar de sar pe se ,before you catch a chill.. and he slowly dragged her chunni with his two fingers, off her head... and smoothed her raven black soaked hair back to the sides of her jaw line.. then once again turned up his contracted lion like eyes up to the skies..   

" humm.. lagata tu nehin  Nakusha , ye barish rokne wali hai!  Naku snuggled her head under his stubble chin and replied

" humm muhje bhi lagata hai.. then she threw back her head and looked into his red ,puffed up but alarmed eyes" kyun you want ke barish thum jaye..? Dutta moved a wet strand of hair with his forefinger from her moist face again

"humm.. I want it to stop, tere theran yehra nehin hoon main.. can't you think ahead sometimes  Naku ? that what  if you are found missing tu kiya hoga? Naku shook her head vigorously and replied

"nehin aisa  kuch hoga Saab.. you only live once! and she giggled against him. Dutta irritated by her blas attitude, jogged and squeezed her hard with his two strong arms !

"bewakoof lardki!  this is not a laughing matter, tera wo tau Nana ne aagar note kiya tu ghar laut ker nehin aye tu?..this will be our akhre maulikat.. last meeting samjhe. ", he ceased to speak and then held her wet face in his palms and his thumbs caressed the ends of her soft jaw line.. with intensity , he looked into her green eyes and said

"dekh Naku thujhe se dor rehena ab mera liye bhi mushkil hai.. I want to see you as much as possible, so you have to follow your house rules.. behave like how he wants you to..  be seen at home ,around .. so he can trust you.. mind you , you also need to win your  Babi maa's trust, after all she is the one who'll make it possible for you to escape that bloody dungeon that Nana has kept you captive in !  Naku pressed her palms against his chest and swung her lower back against his entwined palms, that kept her from falling backwards and with her big bold eyes she tattled..

" Saab aap ko pata hai , aaj he introduced  me to Aye Sahib as his beti.. it's unbelievable how he even beguiled Aye Sahib. " Dutta tilted his head and met her green eyes

"tu Aye Sahib ke chinta maat kar, unhoono ne duniya dekhe hai , logon ke samhaj hain  unhien.. she is a good judge of people.. so don't waste time on this matter..  salla ab kya drama kare ga mera baaba ke baad has yet to be seen? mumbled Dutta then looked deeply into her eyes and advised her

"dekh tu ja ab  Naku.. and jab bansuri ke dhun sune ge raat ke andhare mein.. then hear and feel that Dutta is yearning for your company.. tilla par.. and with that he parted his pink lips and brushed them on the top of her forehead. Naku closed her eyes and bit the side of her lower lip... they parted, and the rain too stopped.. Dutta watched her back as her white figure tip toed , dodged puddles and disappeared on the other side of the fence.. then before the sense of companion ship that he received from her company wore off, he stepped out from the shelter of the dripping tree and walked home.. his feet squelched at times by the soft mud under his soles..

~~~~~~~

Aye Sahib sat pensively on her bed and looked up as  Baji arrived in her room..  Baji knew about his mother, she  brimmed with maternal sentiments for all children from broken homes

"Aye Sahib mujhe pata hai ap ko  Dutta ki chinta hai.. main  hoona , main rekha ga uska khayal. Aye Sahib abruptly asked him..

"aur woh lardki  Nakusha ? wo bhi tu hai Dutta ke chinta karien  ke liya." Baji put on the fake alarmed expression...and Aye Sahib raised her palm in the air and snubbed him

"tu lakh chupa  Baji , maagar saf, nazar ah raha tha Dutta aur  Naku pasand  karte hain ek duje ko..!  Baji smiled at being caught out , but he pointed out Nana as the potential snag in Dutta and  Nakusha's chahat. Aye Sahib expressed her own opinion

" us lardki ke ankhoon mein ek  khauf tha.. humne deka tha  Baji ..waise tu Nana Sahib  bola,  Nakusha beti jaise hai uski .. pun humien kuch theek nehin lag raha".. she said doubtfully. Baji briefed her about the imminent doom Nana  had decreed in  Naku's future life. This made her anxious about Dutta ,whom she felt  could do without further hard  knocks dealt by destiny..

" Baji bas hum Dutta ko kush dekhna chate hain. aagar  Nakusha ke saath mein use kush milte hai ,tu hamara ashirwad bhi uske saath hai"

"aacha laga sun ke Aye Sahib!  responded Dutta in a guttural voice from  her bedroom door. Aye Sahib  opened her arms at the sight of him.  Baji stared at him quizzically, obviously interested in how his meeting with his lady love went? Dutta disregarded him and went toward's Aye Sahib and stood at the foot of her bed. He appeared soaked to her.. his hair  wet and flatted.. especially in a fringe on his forehead.. such a lost child he looked. Aye Sahib ordered Baji..

"ja  Baji towel le kar ah , ye lardka bemaar ho jaye ga!  Dutta looked at Baji and twisted his hand at him

"haan  Baji ja!  kuch kam kar! sar din edher udher bas danth nikal raha hota hai!  Aye Saab main tu bolta hoon uske   lagan karwa dein, kuch therao ah jai ka  iske zindagi mein.. gibed Dutta .. and  Baji retorted

"areee Bhau!  main tu tere haat peele  karne ke baat kar raha tha Aye se!  he sniggered as he left to fetch the towel.. Dutta bowed his head and asked Aye Sahib..

" lagta hai ap  ko  Nakusha pasand aaye hai?" Aye Sahib smiled and replied simply

"haan pasand aai humien.. tere pasand ju hai mere beta.. bas jan le Dutta ye teri Aye Sahib aur iska ghar hamesha tere liye khula hai.." Dutta leaned and touched her feet that relaxed upon each other on the bed, and then he  asked her rather openly

" Aye Sahib batien mera dukh bhi  Baji jaisa hai? Aye Sahib looked at him and weighed what he asked and then replied in all honesty..

"mana hai Dutta,   Baji ka bhi tere theran  babba nehin rehien ab.. pun  tera sirf  dukh hi nehin bara hai  Baji se.. balke teri himmat  bhi  Baji se kehien zayeeda hai..yaad rekhna Dutta , jahan dukh insaan ko tor dete hain , saath mein use  ke sahen shakti bhi mazboot kar deta hai... bas tu himmat maat harna , waqt ek sa nehin rehta. Dutta,  bas aaj ke bad  tu ju  bhi kare ga.. ye sooch ke karna , ke kya is se babaa ko kushi mile ge?.. guided Aye Sahib..

Dutta doubled his chin silently and then turned and took the towel from Baji , tousled his wet hair with it. Aye Sahib looked upon both her sons in deep contentment and mused.. a mother is most functional when she  calms the frayed nerves of her child..

~~~~~~~

Although Baji tried his level best to persuade Dutta to stay the night over at his place, Dutta declined vehemently as he was empowered by the likes of two strong women who believed in his inherent strength which seemed visibly dormant.So he arrived at his door step and as soon as he tapped the red door, it was opened by yet another supportive woman in his life.. his vahini Daksha...

"shukar hai Dutta tu laut aya hai.. chinta thi teri.." Dutta nodded once and looked above her head and noticed the mud courtyard was restored to it's usual outlook ,cleared of havan ,  arrangements of charpoys. Like before, the few  domestic cattle were seen pegged to one side complete with fodder and water troughs.. Dutta's eyes looked at his father's room.. the door was closed. Daksha sensed his grief and  informed him causally..

" Dutta I tidied up babba's room , chahe tu you can have a look.." Dutta seemed to wrestle and then gave in, as he looked around for Kajri, whom he couldn't find in sight and so he roared.. kajri!  still with no sign of her, angrily he stormed to babba's door and pushed it open..yes.. there she was! cuddled into a white fleecy ball, asleep on the foot of babba's bed. Overcome with affection ,Dutta sat on the edge of the bed, tipped back, leaned over her and gently stroked her bony head with his slender fingers. She recognized his touch and raised her head up and turned to him. Dutta cradled her lean jaws in his warm palm and looked into her black Kajri eyes. The inner corners had crusty remains of dried up saline tears.. Dutta twitched his jaw and then scooped her onto his lap carefully, bent his head ,pouted his pink lips and planted a kiss on the top of her fleecy wavy head..

"I know my little lamb, your heart is as pure as your fleece..you miss babaa too just like your Saab does.  pun tu udhas maat ho.. main hoon tera pas Kajri.. hum dono ek dosere ke saath mil kar babaa ko yaad karien ge.."and  he gently petted her warm body and she stretched in submission under his loving touch.

"Dutta Bhau.. I have fed her, she kept turning her head away. She was restless, wasn't sure if it was for you or babba?  whispered Daksha in a low tone.. Dutta continued to pay attention to Kajri and then replied

" animals too like us suffer from emotional trauma , jaise janwar kisi ke jane ke ghum mahsoos kertien hain.. we think they are governed by instinct alone..without the sense of reasoning which we as humans possess , but this I believe they are hypersensitive to atmosphere ..ab dekho.. ye janti hai hum udhas hain..tu ye Kajri bhi samhe hoi hai.." Daksha listened to her devar's in depth  short analytical  take on hyper sensitivity  comparison  between humans and  animals.. and wondered is this yet another layer of Dutta.. mellow and mature..she asked if he had seen   Nakusha? he nodded and replied, still cuddling Kajri on his lap , pressed against his moist clothes..

" hummm, mila tha  Naku se, pun told her to go home.. what else could I have done? apna ghar bhi tu nehin la sakta main use. In what capacity? Daksha listened and then responded quietly..

" as a free human being  who seeks refuge from the bondage of a tyrant.. Dutta set her free! give her the dignity to live , by bringing her here.. she can stay here in this very room! Dutta sets Kajri aside on the bed  and stands up  to face Daksha ..

"ye aap kya bol rehe ho Daksha vahini? this is next to impossible! mere Bhau bhi ye kabhi nehin mana gein. Besides to me it looks less of dignity and more of disgrace for Naku.. lagan ke bagher  edhur mere ghar par rehe ge! is baat ko bhul jaien ap..! he said firmly. Daksha began to leave  ,but before she did, she said.

"theek hai Bhau ju thujhe sahi lage, pun maine thujhe batana tha  ye Daksha aur tere babba ka ghar Patil Nivas.. Naku ko panah dene ke liya tayeer hai.. aur rehe baat  Naku ke  dignity ke tu wo babba ke kamre mein rahe ge, beti bola tha use unhoon ne.. tera kamre mein nehin " somewhat contended  she left . Her task was to moot the option before Dutta .. as she knew he  needed a prod  to more pro- active in his issue with  Naku..  hence that very night Daksha  in the privacy of her room, confided about Dutta 's affection for  Nakusha ,the girl who accompanied Nana Sahib when he came for babba's funeral. Shinde listened pensively and since he had along with the rest of his brothers, bade final farewell to their father.. his heart was mighty softened by Dutta's story. Daksha reminded him about the pledge the brothers took regarding their support for Dutta.. she convinced Shinde that dialogue should be started with other brothers too so the issue of  Dutta's possible laagn can be discussed.. finally Daksha prayed to her deities and asked for their blessings in whatever positive steps are taken. For Daksha as a daughter in law of this house, was a woman who constantly strived for familial unity, rather discord.. and for Dutta who was like a real Bhau to her , his future  happiness was of prime interest to her..

Dutta didn't even realize when his clothes had dried.. he was tempted to flop right on babaa's bed  ,but he dismissed  the idea as he recalled Daksha's option that  this room was earmarked for  Naku.. so he grabbed Kajri and carried her to his room. It was quite a day he had. Now  he was exhausted and as soon as his head touched the pillow he was gone..

~~~~~~~~

Roops entered her friend Naku's courtyard and witnessed,  local decorators as they tacked yellow and red   diagonal paper flowery strings that ran diagonally across the chipped courtyard. Her face clouded as she interpreted the implications of all the sajawat and illumination. Nana Sahib came out from his room into the courtyard for inspection, and on seeing Roops there too ,  he broke  into a broad smile.

" Devaji ke kirpa!  Roops!  Nakusha ki saheli! just the person I wanted here! ab tum aisa karo, apne saheli ko ja ke batao ,tayeeri shru ho gaye hai  us ke sagai ki! Kaido bahut jaldi mein hai! so she should be happy that her var is waiting impatiently to marry her! so quickly go spread the news to  the rest of your friends too! want to see some pretty girls dressed in chamak dhamak doing naach gana! ,Nana laughed heartily. Roops smiled innocently at Nana Sahib and then gently challenged him,

"tu main ye samjhoon , ke  Naku ab house arrest pe nehin hai? Nana raised an eye brow at her and replied

" to put it blankly , this is in  Naku's hands, if she wishes to be locked up by her noncompliance ,or stay free by her cooperation! sab  Naku decide karege! Roops was well pleased and she literally barged into her friend's room now that there was no lock!

Naku who was already pressed against the door hugged Roops who spun her around in glee!

" Naku! I am over the moon ,no lock ! good decision you  took!  Naku nodded her head and replied.

"Roops , my heart and soul is still against this forced marriage my uncle is imposing on me.. however Saab has advised me to stay calm and play along to win Nana Sahib's trust.. till the opportune moment I can escape from this hell forever! confided Naku her big bold green eyes alight with the fire of determination. Roops tried not to dampen Naku's spirits but she still went ahead and told her what was underway out side

" Naku baher tere sagai ke tayeeri chal rehe hai!  Nana Sahib has asked me to gather the rest of the gang for the festivity!  now you tell me what should I do? Naku sighed and held her breath and her voice faltered as she burst into tears! then sniffed stubbornly ,swallowed the lump in her throat and ordered

" you need to get  in touch with  Baji so he can tell Saab edhur kya hone wala hai! and Roops you will need to get me out of here before it's too late.. pun you and rest of our friends come as required for the song and dance! urged Naku and literally pushed Roops out to act fast. Babi too crossed Roops path in Naku's room as she entered with tea for the girls..

"Roops yoon samjhna ke thujhe bhi  Bappa ne Naku ke maadat ke liye behja hai.." Roops munched the biscuit and felt Babi maa's shoulder reassuringly..

~~~~~~~

On Daksha's behest Dutta took as usual the food for his brothers to the fields. Kamde being the eldest  cleared his throat and asked Dutta lightly

" Shinde batie humko ke tu shaadi bana chata hai Dutta?.. humm.. aur koi lardki nehin mile thujhe?  use salla Nana ke beti pe he teri nazar pare .. he said dryly.. Shinde tried to intercede.. but Dutta raised his palm

"Kamde Bhau ,  Nakusha mera babba ke pasand bhi thi.. apna ashirwaad de chukha tha babba hum dono ko" the brothers looked at Dutta's vulnerable face.. they knew he was quite capable of doing what he willed without seeking their permission. Each of the brothers recalled their pledge made to their late father. So Davde suggested Kamde  being the eldest should ask for the girls hand.. But before the discussion progressed further . Baji's jeep screeched to a halt . In  a hurry  he jumped and cut across the fields to the spot where the four brothers sat in a circle eating their lunch out of tiffin containers..

"Dutta! Dutta!  baat sun! ..then  Baji stopped short as clearly Dutta was not alone.. he didn't know how much to disclose? Dutta twisted his neck and sided his eyes towards his friend and titled his head sideways,

"what is it  Baji? bol de .. mera Bhau know everything.. Baji clapped both his palms

"ye hoi na pariwaar wali baat .. all united!  then  his face went grim and he warned "  we'll need to take some united decisions! because Naku ki sagai set ho gaye hai aaj hi ho jaye gi! , before he finished  Dutta sprang to his feet and growled as he looked at his brothers..

"ab main kya kare ga, main janta hoon! aap ye batao mera saath do ge ya nehin? and he turned to leave.. Kamde too got up and stopped his youngest brother and bucked him up

"Dutta .. bas tu ye jaan le, ke hum sab tu ju kare ga , tera saath hain.. aur aisa kuch na karna jis mein teri jaan ko khetra ho.." Dutta turned his head and then his whole body and with tears in his eyes , he just bowed his head ,as words wouldn't be enough to  relay what he felt about two words of love spoken by his eldest brother.. he turned to leave and Baji ran and caught up with his Bhau..

"Bhau! hold your horses,errreee ! mujhe tu bata de kya kerne chal hai tu?  Baji begged him as Dutta   strode off and he nearly rode on his arm..

Dutta got to Baji's jeep,  sat in the passenger seat and  turned to  Baji.. "I need mapping for  Naku's room.. got that Baji! aur mau band kar, I know that you don't know , phir you need to ask Roops.. and at the end of the day be around near the boundary area samhaj gaya tu? asked Dutta and  Baji nodded, then took out his gun from the dash board and placed it on his palm and presented it to Dutta. Dutta looked at it and grumbled..

"iske zaroorat nehin pare ge  Baji.. but haan ye can keep me covered by the border fence.. like I said"

~~~~~~

The dholak thumped accompanied by the corresponding tapping rhythm of the spoon against it's barrel. Girls sang repetitive romantic bridal songs that celebrated the  approaching wedding where the bride would part from her family and friends and leave for her future loves house.. Naku sat before the dressing table.. tears tumbled from her green eyes as she  waited for her friends to prepare her for her sagai..she stood up lifelessly,  as she was helped into her  olive green silk  gahgra which was fastened by the  banarsi jamawar embellished belt to the side of her tiny curved waist.The olive green ghaghra was embellished with peach banarsi jamawar material, studded with moti, zari, and bead work all around; with a hemline finished with orange appliqu and piped edges. Once done with the bottom, two of her friends helped her with the olive green silk choli top, which again had the  orange banarsi jamawar appliqud patch bodice, fully embellished with floral embroidery.The scoop neckline complimented her fair swan like neck .Her peachy complexioned arms  were partially revealed from underneath the olive green  churidar sheer sleeves of the choli .One of her friends, held the  concealed back zip closure and secured the fitted choli,as  Naku nearly died of suffocation! Babi  came into the room and with tears in her eyes she looked at her darling girl and took the chunni from the girls,

"ye main pehnai  gi  Naku ko and while the girls  styled  Naku's raven black tresses in a bun behind her head.. Babi swirled , the  dark peach chiffon dupatta  that had  similar  floral work all over like the ghaghra choli. She framed Naku's beautiful face under the heavily embellished border of the dupatta. Naku's eyes pleaded with  Babi maa.. she was going through this and hoped it wouldn't end in a baptism of fire.. silently her   Babi maa put her hand on  Naku's shoulder and pointed to Bappa's plaque on the wall.

" sab kuch us pe choor de  Naku..Bappa ju chahe ga, wohi hi ho ga.. raat abhi shorru hoi hai"..  Once alone Naku sat mute before the dresser mirror in her room and stared into her green eyes..

Kis ka intezzar hai tumhe?..  ju dil mein hai . kya wo aaye ga?.. use ana he hoga  Naku.. surely he has to honour his commitment to her .. their love.. he told her to return home, she did ,reluctantly ... ab Saab ap kya karo ge?  Naku ko aag mein  jhoonk  do ge? bola?? She cried and demanded an answer from her green eyes that swam in tears..

Outside the song and dance continued. Kaido arrived dressed in a brown brocade kurta and ivory silken  dohti and limped  across the courtyard. At that moment the music and singing ceased, as all stared at the ancient groom to be. Naku realized that her so to speak forced groom had probably arrived. Kaido was received warmly by Nana and taken to the beithtak.. the programme was to let the women eat, dance, sing  and be merry.. while Kaido and Nana would sit and consume some English darru! to pass the night away.. Upon seeing their boss was unwinding.. Kulte also took the happy occasion into consideration and allowed the rest of his armed body guards to have a few shots of desi tharra! ..

As the minutes ticked away ..  Naku 's eyes shed more tears and her heart thumped in anticipatory hope.. aa jao Saab!  nehin tu aaj ke raat, Naku bache ge nehin kal ka sawara dekhne ko..

~~~~~~

It was night fall, his tired brothers along with their wives had long gone to bed. In the glow of the lantern in his room. Dutta, shoved his long legs one at a time through the black pathiani trousers.. then raised his athletic arms and pushed the black pathiani shirt over his head , and thrust each of his arms through the sleeves. With a dead serious expression and cold eyes he folded each sleeve up to his elbow. Finally he twisted his  broad shoulders, and  wore a black waist coat atop his open collar pathiani shirt. His eyes searched and eventually found his basuri!  which he held before  his eyes.. it was made of hard dried bamboo and where his fingers pressed on it  excessively near it's note holes, it  had an extra sheen.. lovingly he pushed it in the concealed  inner pocket of his waist coat. His long slender feet he slipped into plain black leather mojaris ..  Still with a sullen look he stepped  out of his room and walked down the narrow veranda towards his babba's room, strode decisively to his father's old wooden chest of drawers.  Deep in thought,he opened the first drawer and there amongst his  babba's heirloom.. stood an old wooden casket . Dutta closed his fingers around it , brought it out and opened it.. there on a bed of dark blue velvet  lay his father's gold chain with an oval pendant that displayed  Bappa!  Dutta  with his pincer grip  pulled out the chain, looked at it then bowed his head and hung it from his neck.. he also noticed a small  thick circular earring ..he smiled ,as he recalled his babba saying to him once  years ago..

"ye mera  kaan ke bali hai Dutta.. jab tu jawan hoga tu thujhe doon ga..  thujhe yaad dilane ke liye..ke tera babba Patil Vadi ka sher hai.. aur tu mere beta, choota tu hai pun sher ka bacha hai! Dutta 's eyes filled up with tears and he took the bali ,moved to the small mirror on the wall and pushed the gold balli in his right ear lobe.. he muttered,

"babba aaj apka Dutta ju kerna ja reha hai.. saya  bun ke mera saath rehena.." and he moved from the mirror and stiffly left his father's room.. Outside in the dark mud courtyard, dutta knew what else he looked for and he strode towards the area where the domestic animals sheltered. There against the wall stood his staff, he used to shepherd the cattle.. it was a tall thick ,hard hollow bamboo stick. He closed his fingers around it.. and brought it before him, parted his legs  and spun it around.. speedily! Then threw it up and caught it in his palm.. Daksha suddenly showed up and he threw the pole to his right palm and held it up right beside his body! both vahini and Bhau levelled each other with their eyes. Daksha he knew would not cross question him..she knew him and his turns very well; besides by the looks of things she came to wish him..

Daksha walked toward's him , puja thalli in hand and performed his arti.  With a pinch of kum kum, between  her finger she slid  a red tilak on Dutta's forehead..

"ja Dutta.. main prathna kare ge tera liye  Bappa ke samna , ke tu fateh yab ho ke laute.." Dutta nodded and then with his bamboo stick  in one strong hand he slipped out of his house into the dark night..

~~~~~~

Silently he walked with his head held high, his brow furrowed and his eyes contracted. His deep set eyes shifted around gradually, like a radar.. ahh, village life! early to bed and early to rise. Such was life here, so none was about as cut he through the narrow mud caked  borders of the fields. The usual night sounds of owls and bats that squeaked from a nearby roost.. gave the night an  eerie touch. But Dutta had only ears for the cadence of the dholak being played on the other side  of partitioning fence. He very nearly dug the end of his bamboo pole into the ground at the thought of why the dholak sounded? It pounded against his heart, as if a thousand horses galloped across his broad chest. His ears cringed at the singing that sprang forth from the mouths of  Naku's friends.. the limited area of the village transported  all the sounds of celebration from the auspicious house to all the other inhabitants. Dutta heaved on and used his pole as a walking stick at this point. His keenness flared his nostrils as he quietly, yet bravely progressed on towards the fence..

As expected he could see the two sentries posted near the fence gate they stood with their backs   against the fence .. Dutta felt adventurous so he crept behind them slowly , slipped his hand  in his inner waistcoat pocket, wrenched out his basuri and in a flash twisted his arm around the  sentry's neck in a lock and then before the guard  realized what befell him ! Dutta pressed his bansuri against his adam's apple and smashed it with a forceful jerk and wrung his neck ! The man dropped dead in a heap on the ground. The other man arched forward and tried to run , but couldn't, as Dutta kicked open the gate with his leg; a spun the bamboo stick towards the  running man's legs! The man fell flat on his face!  Dutta shoved back his bansuri in his concealed pocket, left his bamboo pole on the ground.. as he stood over the prostrate sentry, then he parted his legs leaned and kicked the man on his side, grabbed him by his collar; dragged him up,  then held his face upwards with one hand and  gave him a right handed box across his mouth!  along with a fatal bang on  the man's head with his bansuri! The sentry crumbled down to the ground.. Dutta stood over both dead men, wrinkled his brow, then defiantly headed towards the boundary wall of the house.. Roops had informed him, via Baji .. where to make  his direct entry to the house at a place where the  outer  wall of Nana's house was overgrown with thick  ivy  creeper .. as across a patch of grass lay  Naku's room..

Dutta, found the creeper ridden wall .He raised his eyes, tilted the  bamboo pole against the wall, and then hung on it upside! on all fours, palms gripped around it.. inch by inch he got to the top edge of the wall. Swiftly he pulled the pole and silently titled it inside the courtyard.The singing ,clapping ,dancing and laughter drowned  the loud noise of the pole being dragged. Dutta slanted it again, this time in the compound of Nana's  havel! before the two semi guards came to their senses .. Dutta slid down the pole, stood on the ground with slightly parted feet, faced  the two drowsily looking BG s who stood baffled as they looked  at  this all in a black figure. Then they realized the stranger was an intruder and both charged at him guns pointed! Dutta caught the end of the bamboo stick.. he let them come near; then suddenly Dutta forcefully tapped the end of the bamboo pole! it propped forward from it's resting position; fell backwards on the heads of the running BG s! They hurled away  groaning as they held their split blood spurting heads.. slowly their knees gave way and they fell sideways dead on the ground..Dutta turned discretely, and hid his bamboo pole  underneath the wild shrubberies.. then he looked around and crossed over the grass patch that  led to  Naku's room!

~~~~~~~~

Naku with her heavily embroidered dark peach and olive green  jamawar chunni, on her head stood near her ajar door. She wept as she fast lost hope, Saab did not come.. Dutta climbed through the window, swung his long leg over and landed noiselessly but boldly in her room. However before him stood a bedecked girl with her back to him.. now, she couldn't be  Naku? he concluded.. he couldn't  bear the thought of  her dressing up as a bride.. not his,  but someone else!  still he cannot lose time ..Nakusha ko dhoodna hoga! impatiently he asks.. this girl..

"Aye lardki ! tum ne mere  Nakusha ko dekha hai?  bhaut  khubsorrat hai.. main use lene aya hoon"..  Naku heard his voice and instead of joy, her heart sank as his spirit and soul failed to sense that it was  her , his  Nakusha that he sought! Dutta roared..

"tere kamoshi bol rehe hai ke tune nehin dekha meri  Nakusha ko!  and he  revolved in rage, raised his leg to climb out of the window..  Naku cried as she reeled around..

"Saab! roku..  main he hoon ap ke  Nakusha ! Dutta pulled back his leg and faced her.. with a  stumped expression... slowly he walked towards her, stopped before her ,then with disconcerted eyes he questioned  her green eyes..  and asked rather mystified

"  ye tu hai  Naku? itni sajhe hoi? pun kyun? mere liye tu ye sab tera roop singhar! nehin hai?.. he grit his teeth and moaned. Naku already disturbed by his late entry and then failure to recognise her.. cried

" Saab ap ke dil ne muhje kyun nehin pehjana? main tu soochi aap mujhe har hal mein  mahsoos kar lo  ga" he realized his folly and extended his arms..

" pas ah  Naku..  sirf mahsoos hi nehin Naku.. tera Saab thujhe lena aye hai.."she withdrew a bit and asked.. aagar hum pakre gaye tu..? Dutta propped up her face and suggested to her with a stiff reminder

"tu phir main ekle hi laut jaon  Naku?.. and what ever happened to your prowess..? you want to stay? or you want to come with me? mera time khota maat kar! he raised his voice.  Naku hugged him tightly and  replied..

"chalo Saab..  Naku will go where ever you take me.."  Dutta shook his head and muttered..

" ek tu tera nakhra! chaal! he ordered her, looped her back in his curved arm,  heaved and first lowered her down unceremoniously, from the window and as soon as she reached the ground, he waved his arm to her to move out of the way,

" side mein ho! kheri hai! he shouted hoarsely and as she did, Dutta jumped out onto the ground himself.. and looked at her with bemused eyes in the dark..

" ready hai lardki mere saath bhagne ke liye? with the chunni  partially  coming  loose from one side and bunched up on her right  shoulder, she smiled mischievously  and shook her head.. Dutta grabbed her hand and they crouched and crept through the bushes and foliage of the gardens that bordered the courtyard of Nana's courtyard. Dutta held on to Naku's hand and she followed him in the same hasty stealth  as him. Dutta  dived and ducked his head against the branches of the somewhat wild bush , his free hand moved aside bushes  and made a clear way path for both of them... They came to the clearing where Dutta crouched like a lion and pointed to his bamboo stick lying beneath the bushes.. his narrowed eyes looked around and he crept out first, then signalled at  Naku to come out.. but before she could, Dutta was spotted and two armed guards pointed their guns at Dutta!

Dutta tilted his body and lowered his palm slowly, and pulled out the bamboo stick and held at across his body ready to strike them. They closed in and Dutta parted his legs and grabbed the pole with both hands and spun the pole before them! it whirled and propelled before his enemies ,cutting the space before him and the air waves carried sounds that swished with the impact of Dutta wielding  his weapon  before foes who dared to stop him.. at the right point, he let go of the bamboo pole that spun and struck them  hard! they were thumped sideways, with heads that bled... Dutta turned back and offered his hand to Naku who grabbed it and then Dutta resumed his role of leading Naku to freedom. Time was of great significance to Dutta , he wanted to escape right away before more  BG created further hurdles for..them!

Dutta literally dragged her by the hand and with partly crouched body edged against the boundary wall of the courtyard of Nana's haveli .. he made sure  Naku was close to him and  she too looped her arm through his.. briskly they came to the main entrance of the  haveli. By the looks of this area, no major difficulty was evident , as the guards sat  slouched against the wall with cheap tarra bottles in their hands!  Dutta went ahead first and then  Naku nearly jumped the threshold of Nana's hell hole. For a moment they both stood close to each other and turned their heads to witness the illuminated outline of the haveli.. Dutta put his arm around her shoulders and turned her away gently with a gentle whisper in her ear..

"chaal  Naku..ab is ghar se tera koi nata nehin.."  Naku turned to leave ,but they both heard a shot in the air!

"chalo re! pakro  un dono ko ! zinda pakarna!  Nana Sahib yehe chahienge!  yelled Kulte with his fresh sober contingent of gunmen!

Dutta and Naku ran! Dutta's fore legs picked up speed as they ran past the open boundary fence gate out into the sugar cane field.. Dutta  dashed , and  Naku in all her fine clothes weaved behind in and out of the the thick green  stalks of the sugar cane plantations.. many a ripened cane hit and smacked her and she cried as Dutta dragged her by the hand!

"jaldi bhag  Naku they are gaining on  us!  he heard the enemies  gun men as they trampled  the  canes left right and centre!  Naku cried suddenly and moaned in pain as she sank down.. Dutta stopped briefly and glared at her

"ab kya hoya hai  Naku? uth jaldi!  she sobbed and pointed to her foot  and cried

"aap jao Saab! mera paer mein mauch ah gaye hai! Dutta bent over her grabbed her by the arms, pulled her up crudely,  encircled his strong arms around her bottom, heaved! and then threw her whole body over his shoulder!

" put your arms around my neck  Naku .. and  Bappa se prathna kar ke mere pairon  ko shakti  dein ke main ek andehi  ke theran bhag sakoon! and with   Naku over his shoulder, Dutta  darted through the sugar cane plantation till they got to the mud track that led to Patilwadi !

Kulte raised his hand  and ordered his men to recede.. as they were in their foe's land... to be continued, Hamlet53  10.4 15

😃  good to see you back twinks.. just spotted your like!  afzal ,bart , missing you...emily..where are you?

~~~~~~~                                                                                                      

Edited by Hamlet53 - 9 years ago
twinkle-star thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

awww sweeet hammieee lion & all the friends...🤗🤗...big tight teddy hugs.🤗...twinky baby reserved for her sweeet home works❤️
jedy25 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

hi hamlet

superb ud ..they ran away great..it reminded of LTL many a instances ,it was very nice ..they should get lost in forest like LTL..ud soon😊

Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hi hammiee

loved the ud will be back😊