SS~Dutta~a trilogy~ thread 1. Follow the Heart. continued on thread 2 - Page 108

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

emilymine32 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi hammie
so sorry for late comment just busy these days
poor dutta lost his dad
at least naku was there to support him
waiting to know what will happen next
thanks for update
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: emilymine32

Hi hammie
so sorry for late comment just busy these days
poor dutta lost his dad
at least naku was there to support him
waiting to know what will happen next
thanks for update

helooo yep I missed your comment.. sooche phir alvida kar gaye imli...  but  great you made it.. waadiaso you busy.. now are you in the range of exams/etc?  if so best of luck.. thanks so much for reading and giving  a much awaited comment..  and don't over work!  much love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Mishal Raheja

as Dutta

Follow the Heart 

Part 8

Somehow she was convinced that her words had conveyed the need of the hour, so she reluctantly tore herself from him and carefully descended the compact hill top. Dutta couldn't bear her departure and as such shuffled his bottom and turned his back to her descent and unconsciously sat on the ground hugging the tree trunk. Still his heart gave in and he turned around his body and with a sided head he watched her figure, as it reached flat ground and scurried past the border fence, to her tau's haveli..He was once again engulfed by the sick sensation of solitude. He sniffed and palmed his stubble face, frustrated as to why do humans suffer so much from emotional dependency on others? was he being hard on himself one again?  Naku  did comment about mortals being unpreserved .. he almost scorned the fact and had a go at his deities.." if you had to give pain  along with pleasure.. then you should have given me tremendous volumes of stamina ! to bear the sorrow of losing  loved ones too!.. here you have wronged me  Bappa!  thek nehin kiya tune is Dutta ke saath! he roared. It was almost as if his cries ripped the firmament and the smoky grey remnants of the night sky dwindled making way for the diluted milky blue and finally the burnt orange rays of the sun beams.. yes life  was still the same it goes on. Night gradually changed into day break. Dutta yawned and hauled his tired and emotionally crushed body up, stretched his arms above his head and then sideways. With a hardened face  he came down his  self- appointed  seclusion spot. It was his haunt which he was usually reluctant to forgo, other than for compulsory reasons .. like herding the cattle back home  at the end of the day. But today was different it was like he was to return to a ship tossed on the seas  a  ship without a captain!

~~~~~~~

Kulte came in a hurry to meet his boss who sat in his courtyard sipping his morning tea from a small china tea bowl.

"Nana Sahib, khabir hai! raat ke dosere phar mein mukhiye Ram Patil  mar gaya! antim sanskar abhi thuri daer mein hai us ke ghar par! apprised  Kulte  Nana's closet  henchman. Seemingly nonchanlant, Nana continued to relish his tea then gulped the final mouthful.. and replied calmly

" maar gaya bhudda! mera dushman!  mere dandhe ke sab se barre rukwat tha ye shri Ram Patil  .. Devaji ke kirpa!  lagta hai  hamare acche din shorru ho gaye hain! ab tu dekna Kulte ! ye Nana kaisa apne Lanka buniye ga! pun phele kuch dukh sukh kare ga!  Yes Nana hated his neighbour with a vengeance but he was wily like the fox and venomous like the serpent. He will now don the grab of an innocent dove and play the humble mourner at Patil Nivas . After all he had to show the populace of both the villages that being a head man, he was gracious enough to set aside enmities on the demise of the neighbouring  headman. He chuckled as he mused further that, his manner should be genuine especially before shri Ram's family.. Naku...he thought as he stroked his moustache.. I will use her too.. two fold ! One he'll impress  the bereaved family by bringing his complete family to offer condolences.. and secondly villagers from both sides will also witness the credence he gives to  Nakusha.. as  if she were his daughter!

~~~~~~~~  

Naku climbed back through the window, before crack of dawn. She scuttled straight into  Babi's  arms... that never failed to  alleviate her  woes. Almost breathless she narrated her meeting with Dutta. Naku's   tearful expressions relayed the extent of Naku's attachment to Dutta Sahib. Babi almost predicted  what  Naku would desire next...

" Babi maa mujhe jana hoga Saab ke pas.. apne babba ka bahut dukh kiya Saab ko.. Babi toughed up and often became the rigid matriarchal figure if needed . this then was a moment when in sane mind she would have to show this  love torn girl, that dreams are dreams!

"dekh  Naku tuhje maine ne ijjazat di.. tu Dutta  Sahib ko mil ke abhi aaye hai.. ab sapna maat dekh ke tu us ke ghar bhi jaye gi uska saath dene! ye nehin ho sakta meri baachi! bhaut bara risk hai ke thujhe dossere dafa thuhje  jane doon meri baachi! "  Babi knew it would be highly unlikely.. unless some god sent  miracle shaped up!  A bang on the door boomed .The lock is opened and in walked Nana dressed in a white kurta and white dothi .He gave an icy looks to Babi and rebuked her

" I allowed you in  Nakusha 's room  so you could serve her meals and then leave her in solitude! so she has a chance to reflect over matters that would only benefit  Nakusha in the long run.. par tum tu is lardki ke mamala mein kerti woh ho! ju tumhara dil chata hai !complained Nana. But he was careful not to be too unyielding and unsympathetic in his manner too. He had to act show consideration, if he wanted Nakusha too accompany him for the final rites ceremony for shri Ram Patil.       

"Nakusha.. saath wali gaon ka mukhia chaal basa  hai.. main chata hoon, tu bhi mare saath chaale.. mere pariwar ka farad bune ke.. " Naku eyes flew open ,she couldn't believe her ears. She had to control herself from literally hugging this unpredictable heinous chameleon of a man! her uncle!  Babi luckily was on the ball and she gave Naku  a  cautionary look..to remain under control and avoid  exhibiting over- zealous behaviour For Babi knew Nana was a shrewd man and suspicious by nature. She would rather have Nana's scrutinising  eyes off  Naku, especially in the present circumstances when she was in his bad books. Thus briskly she suggested ..

" chaal  Naku main tere kapre nikal doon.. tu tayeer ho ja".Befitting   the occasion .. Naku wore a white shalwar kameez  with a sheer  white chunni.. she wore no jewellery,  god given natural beauty was the order of the day.As she pinned back the strands of hair above her forehead,  braided her hair in a single sided plait.. she looked at her saddened, simple joyless face in the mirror.. it was quite different from her usually  groomed, maintained and made up look. She had a hushed word with her reflection , but really it was the call of her soul in conversation with Dutta's father

"Babba I  feel so blessed that you saw me how I usually carried myself surrounded by colours.. today as a  mark  of respect I wear white.. a sign of my pure love for your beloved son"        

~~~~~~~

This then was the second day in succession that marked formality in the life of Patil Nivas. Only yesterday this very mud court yard was arranged for the panchaiyat  meeting that their mukhiya called for the appointment of his successor. How he knew his end was nigh? was beyond explanation? mused the village elders who now sat  not on charpoys this time ,but pristine white sheets that were systematically spread around the havan where the pandit sat to administer the final rites. He looked impatient as he beckoned Abha the eldest bahu regards the beginning of the rites. She of course looked for her husband Kamde the new mukhayia of the village, who was involved in the ablution of his father's body before the final rites ..   Baji was the usual tower of strength. Generously he offered support in every practical way. He noticed the  pandit was exasperated  as he  had overheard  the query about when to start the rites, but  Baji panic was something else.. nothing could commence without Dutta's presence.. where could he be?? wondered  Baji, then  he milled in ..and made himself useful.. in place of his beloved Bhau.. pun yehra Bhau kadher hai?      

Meanwhile within  Patil Nivas, further activity progressed. But all of it was steeped in great sadness and an odd buzz of deathly silence circulated, despite the presence of mourners both inside and outdoors. Outside the boundary wall of the house, crowds of men women and children sat in marked respectful silence for their dead headman. Inside the house, Daksha , despite her dizzy spells continued to be on the move. She lit the incense sticks around the propped up photograph of her father in law. With immense  sadness she  suspended a garland around it. Fondly she recalled how he never failed to utter good words  for his daughter in laws. Yes she thought, Dutta would not be the only one to feel the dearth of babaa's presence.  Shri Ram Patil 's sons, Kamde , Davde , Shinde  busied themselves in last minute preparations for the final rituals for the esteemed mukhaiya. Kamde looked around much agitated then grabbed Baji by the arm and asked him impatiently

" Kahan hai tera wo dost? talk about being irresponsible.. sab phooch gaye hain aur ye awara lardka pata nehin kahan hai!.. Baji, almost tongue tied and himself confused by Dutta's absence muttered something to the effect of

"ata hi hoga Bhau .. main dekhta hai baher ja kar!  and with that, a confused and flapped  Baji stepped out of the house. What he beheld was beyond believe..  Naku!! beside an older man dressed in a white kurta pyjama!  Baji's eyes took in  brief details of the man, curved up thick dyed black moustaches.. thick gold belcher chain with Shiva pendant  hang from his neck, and an equally thick gold bracelet hung from his wrist !  followed by two armed men.. Baji  concluded

hona na ho ye namoona Nana hi hoga .. salla ye edhur aam kahane aaye hai? one of the BG yelled  at Baji with authority

"Nana Sahib aye hain mukhia  Patil ke kiriya karm ke liye! undar jana hai! Baji looked at Naku dressed in white and nodded.. as he stepped aside and Kamde received Nana and took him to the area around the havan. Baji sided his head and watched Naku go in.. hain? he wondered ,how come  Naku complained about her uncle..on the face of it they look a right loving uncle and niece!  something is odd? things don't seem as they appear. Daksha  was clearly astonished to find Naku  at her babba's funeral rites, but simultaneously she was content as Naku's presence would  be added support for Dutta at such a time.  Naku sat with the rest of the vahinis and women in complete silence. Adjacent  to them sat the men lead by the noticeable figure of Nana Sahib, who was on the lookout for the his ex foe's sons left behind.  Apart from the one who ushered him, Nana was at a loss to find out much about the sons. Pandit ji complained to Baji , as he was the one to bring him to the house

"dekho humien shorru kerna para ga!  kiriya karam ka waqat nikla jar aha hai." Baji looked at Naku who sat beside Daksha,  bent his legs, walked up and whispered to Daksha ,

"Bhau abhi tak nehin aaya?  Naku tune bola tha use ke ghar ja??" Naku nodded in silence , her eyes too were fixed to the red main door.. within herself her heart  cried out for him.. main ap ke liya aaye  hoon Saab aur aap  ho na jane kahan? she suddenly  felt  so helpless and feeble, it seemed like all her words to him on the tilla, were of no significance.. for if her words had meant anything to him, he would have been here.. but he wasn't..

Baji, disappeared briefly and then resurfaced with an ivory silk sari clad middle aged women who wore a  benign expression on her face. Baji brought her to the spot where Daksha and Naku sat and introduced her as every one's Aye Sahib. At Naku her son smiled the  longest and his mother wondered why ever so? but this she reckoned was not the time or place to quiz her son , about the speciality of this girl. All looked up when the three sons of shri Ram Patil carried in his shrouded body, towards the simple  white sheet which was laid upon the mud court.. set up  for his body to be displayed before all, and for the ceremony till the final  familial farewell..

The pandit began to chant repetitive scripts from the holy book .It was indicative to all that the  devotional rites had commenced . At that very point in walked Dutta in his black kurta and white dohti. With tearful cloudy eyes he stopped in his tracks. They could have waited..but it seemed to him at this point that his brothers  were in a hurry to dispose off his beloved father!  Naku looked across at the excluded lone figure. Dutta gathered himself but still was glued to the ground. Kajri spotted him and scampered past the seated crowd straight to Dutta's slightly parted legs. Heads turned as his lamb announced the arrival of the prodigal son! With  a frigid  expression , his  cold eyes  pierced his brothers faces accusingly.  Baji slowly stood up from the men's section, and Aye Sahib pressed her palm on the hard floor and tottered up too and  silently walked bare feet towards Dutta.. his head and shoulders  were already slouched and Aye Sahib opened her arms and embraced his wide shoulders.. Dutta sank his face against the side of her neck and wept.. for all to see..

"Aye Sahib ap ne bahut daer kar de mera babba ja chukka hai is duniya se".. Aye Sahib pressed her arms around his back and patted his back , and gently advised him,

" ja Dutta  mere beta.. kapre badal ke ah aur vida kar apne babba ko.." Dutta parted from her and with tears in his eyes and a cynical smile he told her

" Aye Sahib, ab tu is Dutta ko har dum aap ke zaroorat pare ge.. batien, khanien aap bhi tu muhje choor ker nehin chali  jayen gi? Aye Sahib held his stubble face in her palms and gave him her comforting touch

"nehin Dutta mere baache,  thujhe aur  Baji ko kahan choor kar hum ja sakte hain? chal ab tu ashnan kar ke kapre badal ke ah.." and with that she returned to where she sat previously.. Naku arched her neck as she watched him leave towards his room. She wished she was invisible and obscure so she could slip away to him undetected. While the required religious chants were recited by the pandit ,Daksha noticed   Naku's wanting to be close to her devar..her Bhau. She earnestly believed that having any interaction with  Naku, however brief if may be, would  be beneficial at this point of time.. when the funeral was underway. So Daksha feigned nausea, she got up she showed she needed  Naku's help in taking  her to her room which was adjacent to Dutta's room. As luck had it, people present were busy as they sat grimly but intently  listening to the chants.. deeply immersed in the rites.. too notice two women slip away..

~~~~~~~~

Daksha  proceeded to her room and pointed surreptitiously towards Dutta 's room. The door was open..one brisk look around with the turn of her head and  Naku's foot crossed over the threshold. His  smooth  bare back was in full view which took  her breath away. Thankfully in the rear view his posterior and defined long legs were also covered and secured in a white pyjama. She stopped short! Saab was clearly  in the midst  of dressing up. With  back still toward's her he  roughly  shoved his neck through the collar of the fully embroidered white kurta. Her anklets that she forgot to take off! tinkled! and he spun around  and faced her highly embarrassed. Hastily he pulled his kurta down and then pushed his long arms one at a time into the sleeves.  All the time his narrowed lion like eyes were fixed on Naku  dressed in her white shalwar kameez.. as she stood in his door way .She too stared back  at him. slowly he folded his sleeves one at a time and paced towards her; then folded his arms across his chest and looked right into her eyes

"thuhje dar nehin lagta Naku? baher itne sare log aur tu mere kamre mein? defiantly she shook her head

"nehin lagta Saab.. the grief you suffer is far greater than  my fear.. all I fear is about your emotional state" Dutta gulped and replied dryly

"main thek hoon  Naku.. tu haina mera  saath.. so the  grieving is halved. Although I hate to appear such a weakling. What do think ?is it a failing within myself because I am the youngest?  Naku shook her head

"nehin Saab it's nothing to do with your placement within your family.. haan it's true your brother's may appear stronger to you because  you accept them as being older then you..but I tell you levels of grieving for every individual is different .. it's personalized .. it's takes time . How much time you'll take to come to terms with babba's demise  will be hard for you to ear mark too.. like look at me I grieve for my Aye ,babba now that I have found out that they are dead.. but now I find  my sorrow in your loss.. such are we humans.. we understand and empathise with each other..that's why I came here to you.. to remind you that deal with your grief in the way you can bear it.. Dutta shook his palm at her and moaned

"bas tu na bata mujhe! itna kamzoor nehin hoon maine  Naku.. maagar sirf ek beta hoon.. who is apprehensive of the change that  may come in my life after babaa's .. ummh.. departure."  Naku saw vividly how fresh tears welled up in his already puffed up red eyes.. yes it's true he smarted ...

"dekho Saab , there will be changes in your life.. especially if the figure head of one's family is no more. this shows how as humans, both our life and death has implications on others.. our actions  invariably have effect on others." Dutta cut her short and interrupted

" haan  Naku and I have already noticed changes.. tune dekha main apna babba ko tayer bhi nehin  kar saka  Naku! mera Bhau ne  khud he kar diya! he cried as he wiped a tear from the inner corner of his eye with a curved thumb.. he looked at  Naku defiantly.

" they are excluding me already  Naku? ye hai change? If so then main nehin manta ye change! I'll fight it! and he turned away from her and faced the wall of his room. Naku walked towards him and held his arm from behind. She didn't want to face him so direct confrontation with him could be avoided.

"dekho Saab if you were excluded from babaa's ablution .. tu the fault was not your brother's but it's because you went without saying anything..  aur pandit ji too reminded us that the auspicious hour for the rites was likely to pass.. so Saab , don't be too hard on others and yourself.. follow the  religious rites.. they are put into place so both the deceased and his or her family have peace and consolation.. abhi main  jate hai..  aap bhi ah jao." Dutta gazed across at her with tender eyes almost, gratitude like.. as she stood by his door..he sighed as she slipped  out and turned toward's Daksha's room..Dutta turned from the door and jerked his head to the side and stared at the floor with a bashful smile.. it's a good thing Daksha  prompted  Naku's visit to my room.. he mused. Naku nearly bumped into Daksha who looked at her questioningly. Naku smiled, lowered her eyes and nodded. Daksha held her lower arm and squeezed it well pleased that  Naku had met Dutta..

~~~~~~~~

Dutta finally came dressed in  white kurta and pyjama.. Nana sided his head and noticed the upright  stiff gait of Dutta , both his arms held behind his back. Nana threw back his head a bit and whispered to Kulte..

"Kaun he ye kal ka bacha? Kulte  shook his head ignorantly  and the elder  who sat  on the ground beside Nana obliged,

" ye jawan! Dutta hai , mukhiya ji ka sab se chotta  beta.." Nana noted with interest and stroked his moustache.. no problem , looks like any young lad, innocent and raw.. nothing for me to get anxious over, smiled Nana with sarcasm in his eyes.

To Dutta all present were simply non-existant at this point in time. The final religious mantras he could hear distantly.. as bare foot he neared the body of his  father. For a moment with a blank expressionless face he stood over this pale face with sunken cheeks  and sunken hollow hooded cavities  which were once eyes..  nostrils stuffed with cotton wool. Dutta raised his eye brows and slowly a furrow crept upon his forehead right above the bridge of his nose.Then his hooded eyes became cloudy to the point where his vision just became impaired. Slowly he raised his head and tilted it to the side where  Baji sat..   Baji sat tensed  up as he looked across at  Naku who sat with her head hung low to conceal her tears. Aye Sahib wiped a tear with the corner of her pallu , and she  tilted her head up and chanted silently ,

"Jagdammba ! shakti dena Dutta ko... Dutta hung his head as he stood over his father's shroud .. then slowly he folded his knees and sat sided on the floor beside his babaa's body. Slowly he turned his head and with a curved arm that half rested on shri Ram patel's chest .. he brought his face closer to this person..

" kaun ho tum? kaun ho tum? he shook his head and carried on with a puzzled expression,

"main tumhe nehin janta?..na hi maine  tumhe  ijazzat de hai ke tum  shri Ram Patil ke ghar mein  ah kar yahan bebas pare raho!  jawab do? kaun ho tum? mere babaa is gaon ke mukhiya hain! haan aagar tum chaho tu apni pareshani unhe bayan kar sakte ho .. babaa ka dil bahut barra hai tumhe bhi is ghar mein rehene ke ijazaat de dein ga! Dutta prattled on while all around just watched and heard him..  Baji was on standby in case Dutta broke  down in  the final good byes.. Dutta  sat comfortably .. his folded arm relaxed on his babba's chest.. suddenly he  caressed his father's brow  gently , and smoothed his hair back on his  cold skull.. then lovingly he complained , as he continued to caress his father's  hair..

"babaa..talk to me.. khamoosh kyun ho..? waise babba aaj tum ne mera intazzar nehin kiya! kya babba !rooz tu ye tumhara nikamah  Dutta tumehe tayeer kerta tha! pun aaj tumhe jana ke itne  jaldi thi ke tum khud he tayeer hogaye tum!  aisa kyun kiya tum ne babaaa!  why did you rob me of the last chance of dressing you up babba! you denied Dutta his final joy babaa ! I hope ke tum sun rehe ho!. Dutta cried as he laid his head on his father's chest.. Naku now couldn't restrain her tears and she looked at Baji desperately who immediately got up from where he sat, walked over to where the body lay, and leant over Dutta. With gentleness   Baji  tried to move his friend , but Dutta turned his head towardS  Baji and cried in a muffled    fragmented  voice!

" Baji , who is this strange man? why is he here? who let him in? and why is nobody not doing anything? guards! he yelled.. ise  baher nilkalo! Daksha almost ran over to Dutta and knelt before him and patted his shoulder.. with tearful eyes ,she gently took his arm and reminded him

"Dutta , babba  hamien choor kar chale ghaien hain.. now you be strong and take him to his place of rest.. " Dutta looked at Daksha  on her knees and he  bowed his head once and stood up  immediately and moved to the side.. as his brother became the pall bearers of the coffin.. Naku tried not to recall what Dutta had said  earlier about feeling excluded .. she turned to Aye Sahib beside her and whispered..

"Aye Sahib, I know it's not my place to say .. but from what I can see the youngest son.. seems withdrawn.. is he meant to be carrying his father's kaphan?   Aye Sahib got up from her place and walked over to the family taking position  around the shroud.. she gently had a word with the eldest son..

" beta tum  char bhai ho.. tu aagar tum bura na mano .. bara bhai aur chota bhai .. aage hone chaiye and dosere dau pheche"   Baji heard it all and nodded vigorously in agreement and then moved to Dutta and said

"chaal  Dutta take your rightful place! you give the shoulder to babba with Kamde  Bhau.. and Shinde and Davde  will be at the back.." Dutta looked at  Baji directly  and replied  with phased out eyes

"aur tu  Baji ? tu nehin de ga khandah  babba ko..? Baji smiled embarrassed and replied

"ho Bhau! mein bhi tere saath he hoon ga tu fikar maat kar.. "

The women as was the accepted tradition stayed behind and silently watched Dutta alongside his brothers lift the kaphana and in  united repetitive  chants of  "Ram nam sate hai! the funeral procession left the courtyard of Patil Nivas.. Dutta himself felt like a lifeless corpse as he carried his father's body over the threshold of his house..   all but his eyes were alive with saline tears as he mused ..  babaa can you feel it , that you are now leaving your house? now you are leaving the streets of the village where you ruled over the hearts and minds of the people? babba do you regret  your departure ? as all your people cry as they bid you're their last farewell?  Lifelessly like an automaton his legs moved forward in unison with his older brothers .. their shoulders rubbed and jogged against the load of poles of the kaphana ..

Nana recalled his other motive of bringing Naku was to introduce her as his daughter.. so now that the coffin had left, he clearly had the opportunity to mil around.. with the  women folk.. Aye sahib ,he noted looked a woman of some ranking.. so he held Naku by the arm and led her to the old lady..

"is se milya .. ye Nakusha hain.. mere beti.. aur muhje tu ap jante hogein.. NanaTavde! saath wala gaon ka mukhiya." Aye saab nodded and looked at Naku yet again and became even more curious about this  much notable young beautiful girl..

~~~~~~~~

Finally the shamshaan ghaat, the resting place of the dear parted arrived. Dutta in a trance followed what was required. Every now and then he sided his head to ensure that Baji was by his side. Dutta just preferred to stand as a by stander like the rest of the men as Kamde  being the eldest gave light  to the funeral pyre.. Dutta eyes saw his dearly beloved father disappear... under a pile of sandal wood and tongues of fire... his eyes burned with the smoke but the tears that came readily were tears  from sting of death!

~~~~~~~

Suddenly the heaven's became grim and cloudy Dutta refused to budge from the cremation ground. He watched the pandit with Kamde gather the remains of his babba in an urn.  Dutta turned to  Baji and   reflected aloud..

" waise  Baji dukh apni jaggah hai .. but have to say  this whole cremation procedure  for me is humbling .. makes me think. Here the game ends!.. our end.. god's most favoured creation man!  made out of dust turns too ashes and dust eventually! utter nonsense! Bhagwan ko kiya zaroorat thi insan bune ke.. jab hamra anth rakh hai?   Baji turned his neck and replied

"ho Bhau tu theek bolte hai!  pun hum insaan aise dehet cheez hain, ke we can have a life full of sorrows but nope! never want to stop living!  haina Bhau! zindagi chitne bhi bure kyun na hoon .. we cling to it with  all the life in us! Dutta  nodded  and replied  dryly

"haan  Baji this is the irony.. we may hate life  ,regret what it dishes out to us.. jaise I feel,in  losing babba  I have been wronged!  but.. "  Baji  sniggered and finished the sentence off for Dutta ..

" but you'd rather live then ..  full and final! haina Bhau?  chirped  Baji as he put his arm  around Dutta's wide shoulders..

Clap of thunder and lightening!  and then the down pour!.. all the pyres that burned in the crematory .. were watered down. Baji and Dutta ran like school boys and got drenched .. Dutta went to the other extreme as the rainy shower soaked him!  Baji cackled , skipped and kicked and shouted! as he bent and picked up a  branch.. like a sword he held it above his head and yelled

"le Bhau.. mukhaiya Shri Ram Patil  ke entry ho gaye hai  falak par! listen  to all the fan fare! Dutta smiled as he wiped his stubble face  with his palm.. and added

" waise  Baji rao ! we don't need to purify ourselves after returning from the shamshaan ghat.. barish ne sab shudh kar diya hai!

~~~~~~~

As the two still frolicked about in the rain ..  they neared the boundary fence and Dutta nearly walked past it when he noticed behind the  tree trunk of a huge mulberry tree a speck of white..  he blinked his rain sprayed eye lids and his heart missed a beat as  a rain drenched head bopped at the side of the tree trunk! He turned to  Baji..  and mouthed  Naku?  Baji with twinkles in his big eyes and dimples in his cheeks .. nodded and whispered  to Dutta.

"ja Bhau  barsaat ke maaza loot! I'll make myself scarce" and he scampered off..

Dutta headed towards the tree trunk. Naku could see he was totally soaked. His kurta was glued to his skin and his hairy chest and the outline of his skin was visible under his kurta. Slowly the distance between them ended and  Naku pulled him behind the broad tree trunk. Dutta looked at her and shyly she covered herself with her white chunni. Dutta pulled his mouth to one side blinked his eyes and turned his face the other way..

"tu edher barish mein ? why ? you'll get into trouble" he mumbled. Naku felt his arm and forced him to face her  so she could answer

" main ap ka wait kar rehe thi? how was it? sab thek ho gaya..? Dutta was moved by her concern and he replied as he moved the wet snake like jet black tendrils of hair from her fair face.. with his forefinger..

"humm.. theek tha.  Baji was with me  ,we got douched by the rain..  he laughed and I too laughed  Naku? ghalet kiya maine? after all babba left me forever to day! he said sadly.. Naku looked up at him with her green eyes and consoled him

"nehin Saab.. you laughed and believe me, babba must have laughed with you too.. remember , he still walks with you like your shadow.. jab aap udhas ho ge ,tu soochna ke babba bhi udhas hoon ge.. think of him as with you always..and you'll never walk alone..." Dutta extended his arms and gently pulled her close to him, and encircled his arms around the small of her back..

"Naku main soochta hai  agar tu na hoti tu mara kiya bunte ? humm? you bring out sentiments in me that build me up in the worst case scenarios..what could be worse for me than losing my father?  Naku raised her palm and pressed it against his warm lips and replied..

"no Saab you haven't lost him.. you have immortalised him in your heart and soul.. ab babba will never leave you ..till the day you yourself allow him to step out of your being.." Dutta tightened her drenched body against his.. they were not aware but both were cold and being close kept them warm.. Dutta mused and then told her in a fragmented voice..

" Naku thujhe pata hai , when I felt babaa today he felt cold as marble... my heart broke.. I could have sworn he was asleep Naku.. but strangely, even the warmth of my body, my love ,my devotion for him could not spark the fire of life in him.. saach mooch dekne mein ek zinda lash tha mera babaa  Naku!! he wept and wept to his hearts content.. Naku just stood against his chest as the rest of his body heaved and rocked under his crying... to be continued, Hamlet53 3.4.15

Bart , hope you had a swell time in Missori??. hope you survived the rafting? [9 lives].. ok every one else enjoy the season of Spring and happy Easter to all! go easy on the eggs!  Choc gives headaches and spots! Haaa haaa.. 

Edited by Hamlet53 - 9 years ago
CUTE_SAPNA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hammieee: main aa gaye. oh yes me the 1st to comment this time. reading it.
dilse14 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi hamlet
sad for dutta😭
naku presence made difference
future fight for them now with nana
ud soon
Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hi hammiee
mein aa gai dutta bade farewell to his father ..it isn't easy for anyone to let go even if it is meant to be nature has its own course
nana on this occassion too thought of something cunning thankfully coz of it naku's prayer was answered & she got to have few consoling words for dutta
departed soul went where is was meant to be away from all the suffering signal of happiness in form of rain ..naku with dutta & hope they stay like this for ever

nana will through hurdle waiting to know how luv conquer all difficulties ..ud soon

as always u r amazinggg  hammiee😊
jedy25 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi hamlet
its a loss for dutta time will be a healer nana will distract him for it.naku his love he won't want to slip away from him..next ud waiting
happy easter to u ...enjoy the weekend 😊
CUTE_SAPNA thumbnail
a heart wrenching , jolting & twisting tale of DSP baby 😭😭. and same of naku . bit if a person is strong enough to cope up with it, his/her pain is not gonna destroy the person. and this is naku .but dsp only having a father, a only reason to live  . and baaji only to some extent. if this would have gonna a case with any 1 else, then no ques. of such huge pain would have arisen and more imp. to tackle it. 😭😭

very much alike to the gr8 dsp of LTL. same i felt while reading rose's ff 'tmd'. ur ss is super duper hit. but i love the fact that u & many more like @goody r writing ff only for love for dsp and not 4 any other motive. the pure motive = love & respect 4 dsp & ltl.

in the 1st part of trilogy 'out of my hands', this line tugged to my heart ; it just twisted evry thing within me = "main sirf baba ki doll/idol banayega , aayi ki nahin. meri aayi nahin hai".😭😭😭😭

the pain which dsp went through of loosing his mother in childhood  & getting separated from his  baba may be at some days interval only was MARVELOUSLY chalked out by u. 😭👏

i m amazed how u incorporated the "divine intervention " in dsp & his work. IN LTL  we got to see divine dsp , but in ur ss divine in dsp hands & his life too.TERRIFIC👏

i want only 1 thing from u. keep this AWESOME-ST  work always ON. that's why i  feel blessed to have u { again many others too] on THE GREAT LTL FORUM. luv & respect to u always.👏⭐️
Edited by CUTE_SAPNA - 9 years ago
CUTE_SAPNA thumbnail
the past two chapters much pain . pls give some power to dsp to overcome 😊 but final wish is ur,s.

note: pls rose come back actively , pls😊
tamanna1391 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
nice update very painfull to let go of someone who is so close to you