Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tarannum6 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
wowww awosome update superbbb
loved ... loved dinner table scean awww poor mehar ..Hmm preet ko mehar se frindship karne hai wow
love preet and gaurav sceans
plsss update next part
waiting thanks for the PM
bhagyashree2011 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi Fatima, 
Sorry for the late comment was just held up somewhere. 

Coming to the update it was very sweet and wonderfull.  I am seriously short of adjectives for your updates now to tell you how good they were. 

Kuljeet as expected was behind meher for everything I mean she can't even keep quite when her husband's boss are there sitting in front of them and poor meher had to face everything. Even preet and gaurav were getting embarrassed. 

And Ash the beauty queen with her fitness talks lol but I wonder she actually sat next to preet, what are her intentions is she gonna run behind preet again. but even if she is gonna run behind him it would be actually fun because this preet is really good at handling her. 

Meher cooked such tasty food but this Kuljeet first her comments didn't let her eat properly and then she tried to blame her for preet leaving though in a way it was good because that made meher request preet to stay and preet just couldn't refuse. Well how can he afterall his dream girl had requested lol. 

Gaurav is also intelligent here when he was teasing preet lol in his fun he actually told the reality to preet that he agreed to stay because of Meher and he feels fir her and he also said one thing that lalit will not approve of Meher though we all know preet doesn't care about that still even he will be a road block for them. But the fun part was when preet said to himself that he will just be friends with Meher lol preet and Meher just friends that is something to see then. 

Meher calling preet as preetji and preet trying to tell her not to do so was cute. But the highlight of the update was the car ride where preet and Meher became friends. Lol maine pyar kiya dialogues I can recognise in whatever language written if I know how to read it because I got my name after that hehe

But the scene was perfect where meher shared her life with preet and preet understanding her to the tee I mean this is actually the specialty of MEET that they understand each other so very well but what attracted me the title cindrella without a prince charming I mean it perfectly defines meher but she just don't know that her prince charming was sitting right next to her and he has come for her rescue. 

So preet decided to work in the mall where meher works so there will be more MEET scenes now. Precap also suggest the same and I am all the more excited for the next update so pls pls pls update soon 
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tarannum6

wowww awosome update superbbb
loved ... loved dinner table scean awww poor mehar ..Hmm preet ko mehar se frindship karne hai wow
love preet and gaurav sceans
plsss update next part
waiting thanks for the PM

Thanks so much for reading Tarannum ðŸ¤—
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhagyashree2011

Hi Fatima, 

Sorry for the late comment was just held up somewhere. 

Coming to the update it was very sweet and wonderfull.  I am seriously short of adjectives for your updates now to tell you how good they were. 

Kuljeet as expected was behind meher for everything I mean she can't even keep quite when her husband's boss are there sitting in front of them and poor meher had to face everything. Even preet and gaurav were getting embarrassed. 

And Ash the beauty queen with her fitness talks lol but I wonder she actually sat next to preet, what are her intentions is she gonna run behind preet again. but even if she is gonna run behind him it would be actually fun because this preet is really good at handling her. 

Meher cooked such tasty food but this Kuljeet first her comments didn't let her eat properly and then she tried to blame her for preet leaving though in a way it was good because that made meher request preet to stay and preet just couldn't refuse. Well how can he afterall his dream girl had requested lol. 

Gaurav is also intelligent here when he was teasing preet lol in his fun he actually told the reality to preet that he agreed to stay because of Meher and he feels fir her and he also said one thing that lalit will not approve of Meher though we all know preet doesn't care about that still even he will be a road block for them. But the fun part was when preet said to himself that he will just be friends with Meher lol preet and Meher just friends that is something to see then. 

Meher calling preet as preetji and preet trying to tell her not to do so was cute. But the highlight of the update was the car ride where preet and Meher became friends. Lol maine pyar kiya dialogues I can recognise in whatever language written if I know how to read it because I got my name after that hehe

But the scene was perfect where meher shared her life with preet and preet understanding her to the tee I mean this is actually the specialty of MEET that they understand each other so very well but what attracted me the title cindrella without a prince charming I mean it perfectly defines meher but she just don't know that her prince charming was sitting right next to her and he has come for her rescue. 

So preet decided to work in the mall where meher works so there will be more MEET scenes now. Precap also suggest the same and I am all the more excited for the next update so pls pls pls update soon 

Thanks for the detailed feedback Bhagyashree ðŸ¤—

I knew you of all people would pick up on the Maine Pyar Kiya dialogues ðŸ˜†

New update is coming right up. ðŸ˜ƒ
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 7 - Just Friends

A few days later...

"Hey Meher," smiled Ashlesha, as she walked into the kitchen, and took in the smell of fresh brewed coffee.  "Mmm, that smells heavenly.  Pour me a cup will you."

"Sure," said Meher.   

"I'm sorry we haven't been able to spend much time together since I arrived.  I had some catching up to do with some other friends," explained Ashlesha.  "You know how it is."

"It's okay, I've been busy with work," said Meher.

"Oh that's right...you have to work," sighed Ashlesha.  "But you know what, I was thinking of doing some shopping today, so how about if I drop you off at the mall?  That way you won't have to take the bus."

"Um...okay," said Meher, as she placed 2 mugs on a tray and poured coffee into them.  "Just let me go tell Preet."

"Preet?  Preet Juneja?" said Ashlesha.  "Why do you have to tell him?  And since when are you 2 on a first name basis?"

"Since we became friends," said  Meher. 

"You and Preet are friends?" asked Ashlesha.

"Yes and he's been nice enough to drive me to work," explained Meher.

"Really?" Ashlesha said with a raised brow.  "And how long has this been going on for?"

"I don't know, a couple of days...a week maybe," Meher said shrugging her shoulders.

"A week!  And what else have you 2 been up to?" asked Ashlesha.

"What do you mean what else have we been up to?" asked Meher. 

"Well, he is a guy," Ashlesha pointed out.  "And with guys you never know what their ulterior motives are, especially when a girl like you wouldn't normally even be on their social radar." 

Meher frowned at Ashlesha's remark.

"Hey don't get me wrong," said Ashlesha.  "You and I are sort of related so I overlook the difference in our social status, but why would Preet Juneja?  You're a little, how should I put it?...Inexperienced Meher.  You have to be careful with guys like him.  Today it's a seemingly innocent offer of a ride to work, tomorrow it'll be lunch date, then a dinner date, and then an invitation to show you one of the rooms in his hotel..."

"Enough Ashlesha!" said Meher.  "Preet is nothing like that at all.  He is a very nice person, and you'd find that out for yourself if you'd give him a chance and get to know him better.  His company is holding a book signing event at the mall where I work.  He's been having meetings with the events manager there to iron out the details so he drove me to work because he was going there anyway."

"That's all?" asked Ashlesha.

"Yes that's all," sighed Meher.  "Now if you'll excuse me I have to give this coffee to our guests before it gets cold.  I'll be back in a little while and get breakfast started."  She picked up her tray and headed out of the kitchen.

Ashlesha thought for a minute, then decided to follow her.

A shortwhile later...

Gaurav sat up and yawned as the aroma of freshly brewed coffee drifted into the room. 

"Knock knock," smiled Meher.  She held up a tray with 2 cups of piping hot coffee.

"Now that's what I call room service," smiled Gaurav, as he took a cup from her.  "You're the best Meher."

Preet was putting his coat on.  He smiled and paused to take his cup from her.  "Thanks," he said giving her a warm smile.  You're spoiling us silly, you know that." 

"Attiti Devo Bhava," Meher smiled back.  "Breakfast will be ready in about 20 minutes, so I'll see you both up at the house."

"Meher wait...," said Preet.  He walked up close to her then glanced back at Gaurav to make sure he wasn't listening.  "I was thinking...if you're on break at the same time I get out of my meeting at the mall today...maybe we can have lunch together."

"Lunch?" said Meher.

"Yes, lunch," smiled Preet.  "We both have to eat, so why not do it together?  How about around 1 pm?"

Before Meher could answer, she heard someone clear their throat.  Both she and Preet looked back to see Ashlesha standing at the door behind them. 

"She can't have lunch with you, because she's having lunch with me," announced Ashlesha.  She threw Meher a look that read I told you so'.  "You, however, are welcome to join us both.  You can pay for the lunch, but I get to choose the restaurant."

"It's okay," muttered Preet.  "I just remembered I have to head over to the office right after my meeting."  He looked at Meher.  "Perhaps another day?"

"Perhaps," Ashlesha smiled coyly.  "Come Meher, I'm starving.  Make me some breakfast.  After that I'll drive you to work today instead of Preet Juneja."

Preet rolled his eyes as he watched Ashlesha drag Meher away with her.  He turned around only to bump into Gaurav.

"What's going on?" asked Gaurav.

"What do you mean what's going on?" Preet asked innocently.

"You've been driving Meher to work?" asked Gaurav.

"Yeah.  So?" said Preet. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" asked Gaurav.

"Since when do I have to tell you everything?" said Preet. 

Gaurav folded his arms across his chest and looked at Preet with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay look...this is exactly why I didn't say anything," said Preet, as he threw his hands up in the air.  "...because I knew you'd make a big deal out of it when it isn't.  She happens to work at the same mall where we're holding the book promotion for Dev Dutt.  I was going there anyway and..."

"Correction.  You booked the promotional event at that mall because she works there.  Admit it, you like her," chuckled Gaurav.

"I don't have to admit to anything," frowned Preet.  "Now hurry up and get dressed or we'll both be eating a cold breakfast."

Later that day...

Preet walked into Say it with Flowers.  "Hi Mrs. Saxena," he greeted the owner.  "Remember me?  Preet Juneja."

"Ah yes! The young man who bought a very expensive bouquet from me last week," smiled Mrs. Saxena.  "What can I do for you today?"

"I have a business proposition to make," said Preet.  "My company is holding a book signing event here.  Mr. Mehra the events manager is in charge of arranging everything, but I wanted to hire your shop to take care of flowers and decorations.  You know, give everything just that extra special little touch."

"Oh yes, that's a wonderful idea!" exclaimed Mrs. Saxena.

"If things work out, I may hire you to do the same for our hotel's reopening.  I only want the best though," continued Preet.  "The florist who made that bouquet for me last time, she did a beautiful job.   I'd like for you to put her in charge of everything on your end."

"Of course!  I'll bring her right out," smiled Mrs. Saxena.  "Meher!  Meher will you please come out here?"

"Yes Mrs. Saxena," said Meher, as she rushed to the front of the store.  She was surprised to see Preet there.  "Preet?  What are you doing here?"

"You know each other?" asked Mrs. Saxena.  "I guess that's good if you're to work together."

"Work together?" said Meher.

"Yes, Mr. Juneja just hired us for doing the decorations for an event he's holding here.  He may hire us for work on his hotel too.  Isn't that wonderful?" smiled Mrs. Saxena, as she gave Meher a hug.  "I guess I should thank you for bringing much needed business to my shop.  He loved your bouquet you know.  Um...Mr. Juneja, why don't you come into my office in the back.  We can discuss more details about what you want and I'll draw up some numbers." 

"I'll be right there," Preet nodded.  He waited until Mrs. Saxena walked away before turning to Meher.

"I guess that means we'll be working together," he said.

"I guess so," smiled Meher.

"It's really convenient that your flower shop and our company's event is in the same mall, isn't it?" said Preet. 

Meher nodded. 

Preet began to walk towards the back of the shop when Meher stopped him.  "Preet," she said.  "I don't know how to thank you.  Mrs. Saxena has been complaining so much lately about business being so poor and the rent of the shop being so high, that I had actually begun fearing for my job.  But now, I think with this offer of yours, we're going to be okay.  I don't know how I could ever repay you."

"You don't have to repay me Meher, we're friends remember," said Preet.

"You're not just a friend Preet, your like...a God-send," said Meher.

"Oh I don't know about that," chuckled Preet.  "But you know my niece Chahat thinks I'm the coolest Chachu in the world."

"Really?" giggled Meher.

"But just to warn you, I can be a pretty tough boss.  You may not have such a high opinion of me once we start working together," said Preet.

"Well then, I'll try my best not to let you down," smiled Meher.

They stood there grinning at each other for a few minutes, not quite knowing what else to say, when Ashlesha arrived at the shop. 

"Well well, look who we have here," she said, as she plopped down several large shopping bags at her feet.  "If it isn't Preet Juneja.  You seem to be showing up everywhere I go.  Just what am I to make of that?"

"Bad luck," mumbled Preet.

Meher put her hand on her mouth to stifle a laugh, while Ashlesha ignored his remark.  "Have you changed your mind about having lunch with me?  I mean with me and Meher," she asked.

"No," said Preet.  "I'm here on business."

"Suit yourself," Ashlesha said shrugging her shoulders.  "Uff!  I'm so tired from all the shopping I've done, and I'm starving too.  Meher, be a good girl and carry these bags out to the car for me will you.  I've made reservations for 1:00 pm so do hurry."

"Alright," said Meher.  "Just let me tell Mrs. Saxena that I'm taking a break now."

Preet followed Meher to the back and pulled her to one side just as they reached Mrs. Saxena's office.  "Meher, you're not going to carry her bags for her are you?  Why do you let her push you around like that?"

"It's okay Preet," said Meher.  "I don't mind doing things for my friends."

"Trust me Meher, that girl is not your friend," frowned Preet.

"Preet, I know you don't get along well with Ashlesha, but that's just the way she is," said Meher.  "She expects to be pampered."

"Yeah but...", said Preet.

"It's just a couple of bags, and I don't mind helping," said Meher.  "Are you sure you wouldn't like to join us for lunch?"

"No you guys go on ahead," said Preet.  "Mrs. Saxena probably has some numbers ready for me to go over with, and Gaurav is waiting for me back at the office.  Maybe we can have lunch together another day...just you and me?"

"Pakka (definitely)," smiled Meher.

A few days later...

"Hurry up Preet, we're going to be late" complained Gaurav.  "The building inspector said he'd stop by at 8 am sharp.  We have to make sure all the scheduled inspections get completed on time if the hotel is going to get its occupancy certificate."

"Don't you think I know that?!" cried Preet, as he rushed to button his shirt and put on his tie.  "I just can't get my fingers to work this morning.  Oh no!"

"What happened?" asked Gaurav.

"The knot on this tie came undone," complained Preet.  "And it's the only one that goes with this shirt."

"You don't know how to tie a tie?" asked Gaurav.

"No," sighed Preet.  "I always had PB do mine, then loosened it just enough to take it off but not mess the knot.  Do you know how to tie one?"

"No," admitted Gaurav.  "My mom always does mine."  Maybe I have something that'll match."  He got up and began to look through his suitcase.

"Hey guys," smiled Meher, as she carried in a tray.  "Your coffee is here."

"No, that's not right," frowned Preet, as he turned from his reflection in the mirror and yanked the knot from his tie loose again.

"Tie troubles?  Mind if I try?" smiled Meher.  She put her tray down and walked up to Preet.

"Meher this isn't the best time for trial and error...I'm already late...and...," sighed Preet.

"Just hold still for a minute," said Meher.  She turned his collar up, then placed the tie around his neck and promptly began to knot his tie.  With a few quick hand movements she was done.  And before he knew it, she was turning his collar back down and brushing off his shoulders. 

"There you go," she said, as she turned him back to face the mirror.

"Hey that's neat," smiled Preet.  "So how come you're a girl and you know how to knot a tie?

"I used to watch my Papa-Ji tie one on every morning when I was little," smiled Meher.  She picked up her tray again and held up the coffee for the boys.  "So, I was thinking of making pancakes for breakfast this morning and..."

"I'm afraid we don't have time for anything today Meher," said Gaurav.

"Yeah...the hotel has its first inspection scheduled for this morning," explained Preet.  "Renovations aren't anywhere near finished so I don't expect it to pass, but at least we'll know what building codes still need to be met."

"But Preet breakfast?" said Meher.

"We'll grab something along the way," said Preet.  "Come on Gaurav, let's go."

Meher watched as both young men dashed out of the guesthouse, then looked down at the untouched cups she was holding.  Just then, Preet ran back inside.

"Forgot my file," he said.  He was about to leave again, but saw Meher frowning at her tray.  He walked over to her, picked up a cup and took 2 sips.  "Thanks," he said, "Now will you please turn that frown upside down?" 

Meher flashed him a smile.

"That's better," he grinned, then quickly left again.

Later...

Meher was in the kitchen cooking and humming to herself, when she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Mmm, when something smells that good, you know Meher Maan is in the kitchen."

"Sam?" said Meher.  She turned around with a wide grin on her face, and ran to greet her friend.  "I can't believe this, what are you doing here?" 

"Dad was coming to Ludhiana on business so I decided to tag along," smiled Sam, as she gave Meher a big warm hug.  "How else was I supposed to see my best friend?"

"I'm so glad you did," said Meher.  "I've missed you so much.  How long has it been?  6 months?"

"Almost a year," Sam corrected her.

"Wow, time sure flies," sighed Meher.  "So, how do you like living in Delhi?"

"It's okay, you know, big city, with big city advantages and disadvantages," Sam said shrugging her shoulders.  "Mom misses her circle of friends and wants to move back and so do I, but dad's business has really taken off, so that is out of the question.  Mom still won't let him sell our house here though."

"How long are you guys in Ludhiana for?" asked Meher.

"I'm not sure," said Sam.  "Dad's been asked to take over a hotel renovation project.  I guess the owner was not satisfied with the original contractor.  I'm not sure but I think it's the same chain of hotels your father works for...Jan...no wait...Jun..."

"Juneja Enterprises?" asked Meher.

"Yeah that's right," nodded Sam.  "He said he was going to check out the hotel after dropping me here.  I guess we'll be in Ludhiana until the project is done."

"That's wonderful," smiled Meher.  "We have so much catching up to do."

"Yeah.  So how come you're home all alone today?" asked Sam.  "I bet the evil step mother handed you a long list of chores to do, while she's out shopping?"

"Evil step-mother?  Sam, that's terrible!" cried Meher.

"Well she is," Sam said matter of factly.  "She's as evil as any step-mother I've seen."

"Oh Sam please be quiet, Ashlesha might hear you," Meher said worriedly.  "If she tells Kuljeet, I'll be in trouble for sure.  The whole mood of the house will be upset, and then you know how worried Papa Ji gets."

"Ugh!"  Sam rolled her eyes.  "Ashlesha Rampal is here too?  You know I can't stand her."

"I don't know why," sighed Meher.  "She's a nice girl."

"No Meher, you're a nice girl," Sam corrected her. "In fact you're a doll, and so you automatically assume everyone else is too.  But unfortunately, people like you get stomped on by people like Ash, and you're too nice to even complain about it."

"I am not," protested Meher.

"Yes you are," said Sam.  "We've been best friends since we were 6 years old.  I'm not afraid to tell you like it is."

"Well, I still don't agree," frowned Meher.

"Okay sweet cheeks, whatever you say," chuckled Sam, as she tweaked Meher's cheeks.  "So tell me what else is new?  Seen any good movies lately, or read any books?  I know you prefer curling up to a good book more than anything else.  Let me guess, you're reading Pride and Prejudice for the umpteenth time."

"Uff Ho Sam, stop teasing me," groaned Meher.  "Between chores and work, there hasn't been time to do much of anything lately.  Plus Preet and Gaurav...that's Papa Ji's boss and his friend have been staying in our guesthouse so..."    

"You're on a first name basis with your dad's boss?" asked Sam.

"Well, yes...he's around my age, and we sort of hang out and talk sometimes," explained Meher.  "And like I said, he's been staying here for some time now, so we've become good friends."

"Friends?" asked Sam.

"Yes," replied Meher.

"Just friends?" asked Sam.

"Yes," said Meher.

"Well then he must not be very good looking," remarked Sam.

"Oh he is," Meher said quickly.  She caught herself and bit her lower lip nervously to hide her embarrassment.  "Uh...I mean...many people consider him to be quite handsome."

"And are you among those many people?" teased Sam.

"Sam," blushed Meher.  "Preet is my dad's boss, and we're just friends."  Just then, she smelled something burning, and ran back to the stove.  In her rush to take the pot off the stove, she forgot to use a pot-holder and burned her hand slightly.  "Hai Rabba!" she cried out in pain.

"Oh God, are you alright?" cried Sam.  She turned the cold water tap on, rushed to her friend's side, and put her hand under the running water.  She then ran to the freezer and brought back some ice for her.  "I'm so sorry Meher, I didn't mean to distract you from your cooking."

"It's okay, don't worry.  I'm alright," said Meher.  She checked the contents of the pot she had removed from the stove.  "I think I got to it in time.  Here, help me pack this food."  She handed Sam some mitts.

"Why are you putting all this food into tiffins?" asked Sam, as she grabbed a large spoon and began to help Meher.

"Papa Ji, Preet, Gaurav, they all had to rush to work this morning," explained Meher.  "They didn't have time to eat breakfast, so I thought I'd bring them some lunch."

"Oh I see, and I thought I was going to get some," joked Sam.

"You know there is plenty here," chuckled Meher.  "Let me just get this to the office and then we'll come back and have lunch together."

"I've got a better idea," said Sam.  "Why don't we pack some extra, and join your new friends for lunch?  Akhir kar hum bhi to milain aap ke dost Preet se (After all, I'd like to meet your new friend Preet too)."

A short while later...

"This sure is a long list of building code violations we got slapped with," Preet sighed as he handed the list to Sam's father Balwant Singh.  "A lot more than I expected."

"Yes," said Balraj.  "I'm afraid the previous contractor set us back quite a bit."

"Well if he thinks he can get away with defrauding us, he's got another thing coming," Preet said with a stern look on his face.  "I'll talk to Herman Bhai and see what legal action we can take against him.  As for the hotel renovations, Mr. Singh, you come highly recommended.  I hope you and your crew will get us back up to speed in no time."

"I've been in the construction business for 20 years now Mr. Juneja.  My crew and I are well versed in city codes and regulations, and we guarantee our work.  We won't let you down," smiled Balwant.

"Great," said Preet.  "I feel reassured already."

"You know, we've been working non-stop since this morning.  We even missed breakfast," complained Gaurav.   "Am I the only one whose stomach is growling?"

"Sorry Gaurav," said Preet.  "All this tension over getting the hotel back on track has made me lose my appetite, but please, you guys go ahead and order some lunch for yourselves."

"Did someone say lunch?" asked Meher, as she and Sam walked into Preet's office cabin carrying 2 large tiffins.

"Meher, what a wonderful surprise," smiled Balraj.

"And you brought lunch...," smiled Gaurav.  He gulped as he caught sight of Sam.  "...and an angel."

"That's no angel," laughed Balwant.  "That's my daughter Simran, and she can be quite a devil when she wants to be."

"Dad!" cried Sam.

Balwant Singh laughed and then placed an affectionate hand on Meher's head.  "Meher beta how are you?"

"Fine, thank you Uncle Balwant," smiled Meher.  "Even better now that Sam is here."

"Sam and Meher are childhood friends," explained Balraj.

"Well, any friend of Meher's is a friend of ours.  Isn't that right Preet?" said Gaurav.  Preet nodded and gave Sam a friendly smile, but Gaurav jumped right up and offered her his hand.  "H-H-Hi Simran," He stammered.

"Hi," Sam smiled as she shook his hand.  "Please, call me Sam.  Everyone else does."

"That's Preet...and I'm Gaurav," smiled Gaurav.  "But you can call me whatever and whenever you like."

Meher and Sam looked at each other and giggled.

"Okay guys, I know you all are very busy, but seeing as it is lunch time, Sam and I brought some things over so we could all have lunch together," said Meher.  She and Sam began to open up the various canisters of the tiffins.

Balraj and Balwant smiled and helped themselves to some food.  Balraj then took Balwant to his office so that they could eat and talk some more.

"Mmm...Everything smells incredible," said Gaurav, as he rubbed his hands together excitedly.  "Hey Preet, come on, you have to take a look at the amazing stuff they've brought."

"You go ahead, I'm not really hungry," said Preet.  He began to look over the file he was holding in his hand.

"His mood is a little off," whispered Gaurav.  "The hotel inspection didn't go so well."

Meher fixed a plate for herself and Preet then walked over to his desk and placed his plate before him.  "Preet, please eat your lunch," she said, as she took the file from his hands.

"Hey!  I was reading that," he protested.

"And you may have it back, after you eat," said Meher.

"Meher, I'm not a child.  I can decide if I want to eat or not," said Preet.  "I appreciate you going through the trouble of bringing us lunch to the office, I really do, but I'm just not hungry."

"Not hungry?" said Meher.  "What do you mean you're not hungry?  You didn't even have breakfast.  I know the inspection didn't go well, but Sam's father is here to help you, right?  Life will always be full of ups and downs.  It doesn't mean you should take it out on the food.  That would be a most ungrateful thing to do.  Do you know how many hungry people are starving all over the world right now?  Besides, I didn't slave over a hot stove just for you to skip lunch."

"Meher please, try to understand..." sighed Preet.

But Meher wasn't listening.  "Fine," she frowned.  "Have it your way.  But then I won't eat either."

"Oh come on Meher, don't do this to me," sighed Preet.  Meher folded her arms and turned her face away.  "Okay fine.  You win.  I'll eat."  He picked up a morsel and put it in his mouth.  "Happy now?" 

"Yes," smiled Meher.  She picked up her plate and took a bite of her food as well. 

"Hey, what's this?" asked Preet, as he noticed the burn on Meher's hand. 

"It's nothing," Meher said pulling her hand away.

"It's not nothing.  Did you get burned?"  Preet asked, taking her hand in his.  Concern was evident in his tone.  "How did that happen?"

"It was an accident.  You spend enough time in the kitchen and it happens every now and then," Meher shrugged her shoulders.

"Does it hurt?  Did you put something on it?" Preet asked as he rifled through his desk.

"What are you looking for?" asked Meher.

"A first aid kit.  I know I saw one here some place," said Preet.  "Here it is."

"Preet, it's all right.  I'm fine.  Just come and eat before everything gets cold," said Meher.

"Not until we get that burn taken care of," insisted Preet. 

"But Preet the food...," said Meher.

"Shhh!  Not another word," said Preet, as he pressed a finger to her lips.  He took out an ointment and squeezed out a generous amount.  A soft smile appeared on Meher's face as she watched him gently apply it on the burn mark on her hand.  Preet looked up and offered her a smile, and she looked away shyly.

Sam and Gaurav were watching the entire scene from across the room.  "Hai!  They look so sweet together, don't they?" sighed Sam.

"Yeah.  But you know...we could look sweet together too." smiled Gaurav.

"Gaurav, are you flirting with me?" asked Sam.

"Depends," said Gaurav.  "Is it working?"

Sam looked at him and broke out into a grin.  "Maybe," she said.

So there you have it.  Hope you all liked the update. ðŸ˜›

Please remember to hit the like button and leave your feedback.

Take care and happy reading. ðŸ¤—

Chapter 8: Preview:  Preet gets a wedding invitation

Link to Chapter 8: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/130971408

Link to: Table of Contents

Edited by Fatima_Q - 8 years ago
AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Yay me first *happy dance* 
Pg 80 

Dialogues rocked. Loved the entire update. *huge grin*
Haiyye Chahat peaked in Preet's convo. Cute. 
Ash is fun - She's not so bad after all, I know it's cz Meher makes sure to not offend her. I like their bonding on this update. 
Meher is v grateful and she admits to Preet. So nice of her.
Meher's friend is awesome. Haha so you got a pair for Gaurav otherwise he'd feel out of place ? anyhow it looked weird he's openly flirting with someone he didn't know. But I enjoyed the fun at office during lunch. Preet is v caring.
I like Preet is focused on his job. It's nice no one in family is here otherwise he may not be as responsible as he is now. This is definitely a chance (small or big dunno) for him to find out what he wants to do later in his career. 
My fav parts are Ash Meher convo, Sam Meher Convo on this update also I'd say Preet's dedication.
Oh yes tie tying is nice scene. Looked very natural. 
Fatima dialogues move so smoothly on every update. So nice. 
I lobbb ur story 🤗
Edited by AASUS - 8 years ago
Chit15 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey Fatima thanks for pm
I liked the way you presented Meher and Preet relationship progress. I mean the way they cared about each other and helped each other. 

Finally Gaurav is happy as he had founded his partner. I am happy for him he is really nice 

Sam Meher  conversation clearly showed she understands meher and is well wisher 

Tie scene and lunch scenes was beautifully written 

I have to admit that reading your stories always makes me happy l. You are really awesome writer:-) 
tarannum6 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
wowww superbbb update Fatima
love it
love preet nd mehar scean nd
gaurav nd preet scean
and awosome dialogues
love ash nd mehar scean
thanks for the PM
:)
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: AASUS

Yay me first *happy dance* 

Pg 80 

Dialogues rocked. Loved the entire update. *huge grin*
Haiyye Chahat peaked in Preet's convo. Cute. 

She will show up in the FF later too. 

Ash is fun - She's not so bad after all, I know it's cz Meher makes sure to not offend her. I like their bonding on this update. 
Meher is v grateful and she admits to Preet. So nice of her.
Meher's friend is awesome. Haha so you got a pair for Gaurav otherwise he'd feel out of place ? anyhow it looked weird he's openly flirting with someone he didn't know. But I enjoyed the fun at office during lunch. Preet is v caring.

Weird?  Well he is sort of a dil phek aashiq...remember his intro...he was flirting with a girl at that time too.  Anyway...I had to give Gaurav a companion...why should Preet have all the fun. ðŸ˜†

I like Preet is focused on his job. It's nice no one in family is here otherwise he may not be as responsible as he is now. This is definitely a chance (small or big dunno) for him to find out what he wants to do later in his career. 

Yes..he's trying to stay focused so that he can make his PB proud. ðŸ˜Ž

My fav parts are Ash Meher convo, Sam Meher Convo on this update also I'd say Preet's dedication.
Oh yes tie tying is nice scene. Looked very natural. 
Fatima dialogues move so smoothly on every update. So nice. 
I lobbb ur story 🤗

Thanks for reading, liking and commenting Athisda ðŸ¤—
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chit15

Hey Fatima thanks for pm

I liked the way you presented Meher and Preet relationship progress. I mean the way they cared about each other and helped each other. 

Finally Gaurav is happy as he had founded his partner. I am happy for him he is really nice 

Sam Meher  conversation clearly showed she understands meher and is well wisher 

Tie scene and lunch scenes was beautifully written 

I have to admit that reading your stories always makes me happy l. You are really awesome writer:-) 

Yes...Sam is Meher's real well wisher and best friend.

Thanks for appreciating and leaving your feedback Chitra ðŸ¤—