Poll

Who is the most iconic and better singer ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Sonu doesn't mind losing this one at all.. I love sonu as a singer.. But not in rafis caliber yet..

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Havnt listened to Md Rafi much but he is a legendary singer and 
sonu nigham is very versatile which rare now a days
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: atominis

@AllBlacks

I do not think Rafi saab was gone. Only that his voice was used less or for supporting/younger actors because obviously it did not suit likes of Bachchan. He was there, singing with Kishore da, like in Shaan (Jaanu meri jaan, Yumma Yumma), Parvarish (Hum premi prem karna jaanein) etc. Solo his voice was still used most for Dharam paaji, Rishi Kapoor (Shirdi wale sai baba, Dard e Dil dard e jigar, Taiyab Ali jaan ka dushman, Parda hai parda, couple of songs for Chupke chupke). He did give hit songs with Rajesh Khanna in films like Mehboob ki Mehendi.
You can say he was no longer on top but cannot say he was finished. He was voice of Amitabh also in few films like Suhaag (Teri rab ne banadi jodi, Ae yaar sun). 

Kishore da became lord for sure after Aradhana and more after arrival of Bachchan because of his more manly voice. 

It was harsh reality. Rafi saab in his last years wasnt even in top 5. Kishorda was recording 10 songs day after day. Suresh vakekar... Hemantda, Mithun's voice (cant rem his name)... I m disco dancer, Mohmmad Aziz.. Cant recall all names i was just a kid.

But I rem a song.. From what film i dont know.. Amitabh played cameo just for that song.. Ek sham Rafi ke naam.. "Mohammad Rafi tu bahot yaad aaya" Sang by M Aziz who also modeled his singing on Rafi Saab. He was very successful in 80s. Amitabh's eyes made the song so emotional. 

I love the song "Rote hue aate hai sab, hasta jo jayega" from Mukaddar ka sikander.. sung by Kishorda and the sad version when Amitabh and Amjed kills each other.. " zindgi to bewafa hai.. ek din thukrayegi, maut mehbooba hai apne sath lekar jayegi.. Mar ke jine ki ada jo duniyako siklayega... vo mukaddar ka sikander ... janemann kehlayeg" 

What lyrics.. wow.. My Guess is Javed Akhtar. 

So, the sad version sung by Rafi was so popular. 

I also liked their jugal bandhi in "Mohabbat bade kaam ki cheez hai" song. On screen Shashi blvs in love, amitabh doesnt.

There was so many jugal bandi between these 2 legends. Let my long term memory wake up. 

My frnd has amazing collections from Amin Sayani's program and personal contact. I was Indian radio DJ (or RJ) at that time.. man what a collection.

😆 B4 they starts the song by Kishorda" ðŸ˜† "mere naina sawan bhado, phir bhi mera dil pyasa".. ðŸ˜†

They were rehearsing on tabla only.. Kishords was making mistakes.. ðŸ˜† When he knew Lataji was also singing the same song.. he got up... ðŸ˜¡ Why didnt u say so?.. Let her sing first , i will learn from her. ðŸ˜†

Everytime when therez a duet .. Kishorda asks Lata di to sing first.. and his job is easy. 

U know why i laughing so much.. u gotta listen to it. Kishorda was chalta firta comedian. 

Tere bina zindgi se koi shikwa nahi.. From Aandhi ðŸ¤£ The convo between Kishor, Lataji, Sanjeev, Suchitra and Panchmda.. is EPIC! 

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Love Sonu, but a legend is a legend... No one comes close to Rafi Sahab... And even Sonu Nigam will hold his ears if he sees this topic...
iambest thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Yankees

My 90s/2000s belong to Kumar Sanu and Udit Naryan. Nigam doesn't even come close. 😆

are you sure about that?? kumar sanu was repalced by udit narayan in mid 90's only  and den late 90's till mid 2000 Sonu had more work in most of the film even Kumar sanu songs in refugee were dubbed by Sonu Nigam which was a rage back in 2000...in most of the album Sonu had 4 songs and udit and one 1 or 2 in films like Tum Bin, Muskaan ,  K3G , Lucky , Kal Ho Na Ho , Main Hoon Na were rage , etc etc list is countless .even udit naryan's sad song were sang by Sonu's in early 2000 as udit can not delever his best in sad songs ...and what kind of songs does kumar sanu and duit narayan ahve sang all there carrier???? Sad and romantic?? ...they were crooners for sad and romantic songs they had no classical singing abillity Sonu as a singer is way way ahead then thse 2...kumar sanu should thank nadeem shravan to keep him with them as soon as Nadeem Shravan duo got outdated and had no work Kumar Sanu disappears all his song were identical and of same kind ...

@topic   Rafi is the father of all playback singers
Edited by iambest - 9 years ago
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yankeesji,
😲 

Can one ever compare the Taj Mahal to a skyscraper ? Skycrapers are pretty, a marvel of engineering and edifices to modern times, but will they last centuries ?

Rafi saab ,Kishore da, Mukeshji are like the Taj Mahal, Qutub Minar and Red Fort that are monuments people associate with India, baki sub log who came after including Sonu Nigam are like Mumbai Worli. Something new and shiny, marvel of engineering but someday will fall into the sea 😉, will not endure for centuries
iambest thumbnail

Originally posted by: meribaat

Yankeesji,

😲 

Can one ever compare the Taj Mahal to a skyscraper ? Skycrapers are pretty, a marvel of engineering and edifices to modern times, but will they last centuries ?

Rafi saab ,Kishore da, Mukeshji are like the Taj Mahal, Qutub Minar and Red Fort that are monuments people associate with India, baki sub log who came after including Sonu Nigam are like Mumbai Worli. Something new and shiny, marvel of engineering but someday will fall into the sea 😉, will not endure for centuries

BTW is it necessary dat people need to be born in 50's 60's to be taj mehal :P 😆 why we are habitual for condemning the present and glorifying the past?

Originally posted by: iambest

BTW is it necessary dat people need to be born in 50's 60's to be taj mehal :P 😆 why we are habitual for condemning the present and glorifying the past?

Not everything in the past needs to be glorified. There is Sati, slavery, caste system that are ancient and abhorrent. So too things like Khandaani izzat, dowry and so many ridiculous things that are perpetuated in the name of 'Indian culture' and must disappear.

BUT Indian culture also includes immortal things like the Taj Mahal which even firangis identify as good and enduring. Rafi Saab, Kishore da and Mukeshji are like that because their songs have endured long after they are gone. To be a monument, you must endure and be appreciated, not abhorred like caste system. Talk to me when Sonum Nigam et al endure long after they are gone.
iambest thumbnail

Originally posted by: meribaat

Not everything in the past needs to be glorified. There is Sati, slavery, caste system that are ancient and abhorrent. So too things like Khandaani izzat, dowry and so many ridiculous things that are perpetuated in the name of 'Indian culture' and must disappear.

BUT Indian culture also includes immortal things like the Taj Mahal which even firangis identify as good and enduring. Rafi Saab, Kishore da and Mukeshji are like that because their songs have endured long after they are gone. To be a monument, you must endure and be appreciated, not abhorred like caste system. Talk to me when Sonum Nigam et al endure long after they are gone.

kishore kumar had image like today's himesh back then when rafi sahab was leading the era of 50's , 60's and some of early 70's, because kishore was typed cast for mostly party type of songs of that particular era or songs which had some funny element like yodelling and all funky kind of thing so its only he died he become immortal 🥱 thats funny an artist will have a respect when he/she passes away and not in the living period 😊 many people dont know till now that it was rafi sahab who first had a song with yodelling in history of bollywood music

Originally posted by: iambest

kishore kumar had image like today's himesh back then when rafi sahab was leading the era of 50's , 60's and some of early 70's, because kishore was typed cast for mostly party type of songs of that particular era or songs which had some funny element like yodelling and all funky kind of thing so its only he died he become immortal 🥱 thats funny an artist will have a respect when he/she passes away and not in the living period 😊 many people dont know till now that it was rafi sahab who first had a song with yodelling in history of bollywood music

Asha Bhonsle singer of party type songs and Lata Mangeshkar of bhajan type songs are both living legends even now. They will become immortal after their time..😉