Poll

Who is the most iconic and better singer ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
And btw before anyone doubts my loyalty about whether I'm saying it for the sake of it:

Yeh Anjaan Raahein
Tum Mujhe Yun Bhula Na Paoge
Tumne Mujhe Dekha
Tum Bin Jaon Kahan
Yeh Reshmi Zulfein
Dil Ke Jharoke Mein
Babul Ki Duaein Leti Ja
Mere Dost Kissa Yeh Ho Gaya
Pukarta Chala Hoon Main
April Fool Banaya
Iss Reshmi Pazeb
Yeh Jo Chilman Hai
Woh Hai Zara Khafa Khafa

are just some of the songs I love, there are many more I absolutely love
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
B4 i talk abt Rafi saab, I will talk abt Sonu. 
There was massive change in Hindi film music/singing. Udit had a huge debute in QSQT, and Kumar sanu had biggest debute in Aashiqui.. T- series was HUGE those days.. there was cold war going on.. Aanand Milinid, Nadeem Shravan, T series and singer plus producers. Thw whole era was changed from Bhappi lehri and Mithun's music to melody! 

Sonu was introdused by T- series (Gulshan kumar).. and his firt biggest hit was "Achcha sila diya tune mere pyar ka".. which was Gustad Mohammad Ali Khan from Pakistan.. Sonu nigam was called voice of Rafi. He copied Rafi saab's style of singing and he lost his Pehchan. Kumar Sanu and Udit was much bigger than in 90s and early 01s.. 

Althou Kumar Sanu was called "Voice of Kishorda" it didnt last.. coz 1. He didnt have the baritone, 2. He had the vibrato.. for allaps. 

Udit.. is unique. Acc. to Sonu he can copy so many singers voices but not Udit. 

SP Bala who rises with Salman Khan was voice of "Kishor da".. but his accents let him down and mostly low pitch voice.. 

AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Now lets go back in past. Dilip- both Mukesh and Rafi sang for him. Raj- only Mukesh sung for him.. except for Manna dey. DEv- mostly Rafi. Kishorda sang for himself 😆
Rafi reached heights with Shammi kapoor's crazy songs. The range of soors he showed was legendary. Dil ke jharoke me.. ye duniya ye mehfil, Aaj purani raho me.. 

And the best of all he sang on Pakistani stage.. Oh duniya ke rakhwale.. from Baiju Bawra (Tansen and Baiju Bawra were such a singers in mythology.. they can bring rain, animals, fire, and there was huge competion between them.. some other day)

In this song, Rafi saab sang "Mahel udaas aur galiya suni" 20 times.. with all the diff ragas possible.. When he took one allap in one breath, public started clapping after 2 minutes... 2.5 minutes, 3 minutes, 3.5 mitues.. the alaap is till going on.. 4 minutes... the crowd got up and kept clapping. I have that DVD! 

Thats Rafi saab for u. Sonu Nigam wudnt ever dare that act! 

Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Now lets go back in past. Dilip- both Mukesh and Rafi sang for him. Raj- only Mukesh sung for him.. except for Manna dey. DEv- mostly Rafi. Kishorda sang for himself 😆

Rafi reached heights with Shammi kapoor's crazy songs. The range of soors he showed was legendary. Dil ke jharoke me.. ye duniya ye mehfil, Aaj purani raho me.. 

And the best of all he sang on Pakistani stage.. Oh duniya ke rakhwale.. from Baiju Bawra (Tansen and Baiju Bawra were such a singers in mythology.. they can bring rain, animals, fire, and there was huge competion between them.. some other day)

In this song, Rafi saab sang "Mahel udaas aur galiya suni" 20 times.. with all the diff ragas possible.. When he took one allap in one breath, public started clapping after 2 minutes... 2.5 minutes, 3 minutes, 3.5 mitues.. the alaap is till going on.. 4 minutes... the crowd got up and kept clapping. I have that DVD! 

Thats Rafi saab for u. Sonu Nigam wudnt ever dare that act! 

Nicely put. (:
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv71SzU0LaA[/YOUTUBE] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv71SzU0LaA
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Now Kishorda come in the picture 😆
Thats the only trabut i can pay this funny guy 🤣 Jam jam joomru.. 

Now this guy was so amazing i wud like make a film on him. Came to Mumbai follwing his brother to become hero. He had no knowledge of singing.. just a hobby. 

As actor uski dukan nahi chal padi.. lekin.. ek ladki bhigi bhagi is.. oodlie ooo

He became good comedian actor and good comedian singer.. Champi..

Untill he realised acting is not forte, singing is.. 

He became voice of Rajesh Khanna.. and thern Amitabh, Vinod, Dharmendra.. ONSLAUGHT. U used to record 10 songs a day 6 days a week. 

Rafisaab was not in picture. 

The diff. between then is.. Kishorda had beritone (Kharaj raga), Rafi had high pitch ( Bhairav raga)

They can both sing each other's songs but voice quality of Kishorda was so manly. 

And voice modulation.. For Rajesh he wud sing softly.. Mere sapno ki rani.. For Amitabh he wud use his bertone.. Inteha ho gayi.. 

Rafi saab was gone,  Kishor da continiued.. Both till death. 
Edited by AllBlacks1 - 10 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Yankees

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv71SzU0LaA[/YOUTUBE] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv71SzU0LaA

What a beautiful romantic song...I wish it was picturized on Shahrukh😆...Shahrukh and Rafi would have made the perfect combo⭐️
atominis thumbnail
@AllBlacks
I do not think Rafi saab was gone. Only that his voice was used less or for supporting/younger actors because obviously it did not suit likes of Bachchan. He was there, singing with Kishore da, like in Shaan (Jaanu meri jaan, Yumma Yumma), Parvarish (Hum premi prem karna jaanein) etc. Solo his voice was still used most for Dharam paaji, Rishi Kapoor (Shirdi wale sai baba, Dard e Dil dard e jigar, Taiyab Ali jaan ka dushman, Parda hai parda, couple of songs for Chupke chupke). He did give hit songs with Rajesh Khanna in films like Mehboob ki Mehendi.
You can say he was no longer on top but cannot say he was finished. He was voice of Amitabh also in few films like Suhaag (Teri rab ne banadi jodi, Ae yaar sun). 

Kishore da became lord for sure after Aradhana and more after arrival of Bachchan because of his more manly voice. 

Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: meribaat

Sonu Nigam is good, but he is like a skyscraper. Rafi Saab is like the Taj Mahal. 

THIS. 👏
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Good one Meri baat! 👏 Agree.