Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Lumos

my next guess if its wrong..threstrals..or is the mysterious cousin threstrals?

abt HG..so in what sense did u use it...like ambition or spiritual union sort of thing? or just a goal..?

I think the above quoted post of Anirudh deserves a special mention as he came very close to answering the riddle with the mention of thestrals...
However, 'thestrals' was not 'the answer', it was 'Hogwarts boats'..
Moreover 'the mysterious cousin' was also not 'thestral' but 'the horseless carriages' but of course 'the mystery ' of the 'mysterious cousin' was indeed 'thestrals' as in my opinion & as per my riddle ( perception) a thestral cannot b a cousin of boat but a carriage can be in a metaphorical way since both boats & carriages are non living modes of transport..

But, right after Ani's above quoted post I did say that he has also come close to the answer in a "weird" way.. while girls kept looming in Hogwarts express & Sorting ( the boat ride falls in between) , Ani mentioned a distinct feature of the answer or related to the answer..that's y I kept insinuating that the witches & the wizard have brushed past the answer in their own way..😊
Also, one more thing, I was about to add an important hint in the riddle but priya answered it b4 I could, I felt it was important that I add this clue as it completed the riddle otherwise I feel it was an incomplete riddle...
We all know that boat rides are exclusively used for first years..but only few must b knowing that boat rides are also used by Hogwarts graduates for their final journey out of the castle..it isn't surprising that only few know abt it since it wasn't properly mentioned in the books..JKR said that she missed the proper graduation ceremony of our beloved leading trio, but finally decided against it, as it would have ended up being some sort of anti climax diminishing the importance of the real finale scene..

Anyways, I thought I should have mentioned it in the riddle but somehow left it out..so that's my bad....oopsie..
Edited by Akash005 - 9 years ago
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
How long are you guys online???
It's like I'm the only person who's not active enough😭 I feel so so bad that i wasn't able to give a try to this riddle🤢
Mornings are so calm and during night this thread is buzzing with activities😲
Ab phataphat bolo are you all nocturnals or something?😆
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Akash005

Riddle :

It heralds a crucial juncture which is bound to leave its traces,
It marks the culmination & commencement of two distinct phases.

It promulgates seasoned striplings & palpitating juveniles, both in pursuit of their respective holy grail,
It highlights the initiation & finale of an important event triggering a new episode for those who did not fail.

A juncture or an end or a beginning is where it exclusively marks its presence,
But a journey is much more than just its head & tail , thus its absence is substituted by its queer cousin which serves its essence.

Its mysterious cousin is most intriguing,
Its mysteries are better left concealed for it requires some serious squalling.

it's good that this riddle is already answered😆 coz i'm not able to make out anything from it😕
Akash you made me realize how bad my literature knowledge is🤢 I'm off to search each and every word in this riddle now to know their meanings!!!
This is how I'm picturing you right now  
bringing words from all over and brewing it into a riddle

Originally posted by: vibhashekhar

it's good that this riddle is already answered😆 coz i'm not able to make out anything from it😕
Akash you made me realize how bad my literature knowledge is🤢 I'm off to search each and every word in this riddle now to know their meanings!!!

@ bold...ROFL!!.. 🤣 🤣

U , Almas & Anjali have a terrific sense of humor when it comes to using emoticons..👍🏼.. oh god!!.. the cruel, smirking face brewing a riddle!!!.. 🤣 🤣.. can't stop ROFLing!!!
on a more serious note, u got one thing right though, I did bring in a lot of words from all over the place to brew that formerly insane & weird riddle..😆.. anyways, u wouldn't need to go anywhere to find the meanings as I have already posted the simplified riddle.. all meanings are enclosed & explained therein..

How long are you guys online???

It's like I'm the only person who's not active enough😭 I feel so so bad that i wasn't able to give a try to this riddle🤢
Mornings are so calm and during night this thread is buzzing with activities😲
Ab phataphat bolo are you all nocturnals or something?😆

@ bold.. some of us are..😉..aspiring vampires here..😆
QuietlyLoud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
actually i did think of Hogwarts boats many times yesterday but I thought it wouldn't fit the hints because i didn't know 7th years too would ride that boat ..I thought its just the first years..Is it in the book?I don't remember reading it...
well whatever ,congrats Priya!! u deserve it !!:)
me Almas and Ani were showering guesses one after another but still couldn't crack it 😆
Edited by QuietlyLoud - 9 years ago
QuietlyLoud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

wow🤣🤣..that so suits him...look at his face, all screwed up in concentration 🤣
and once he is finished ,he is like this >> Waiting for poor souls to come and solve his riddle..🤣

Originally posted by: QuietlyLoud

actually i did think of Hogwarts boats many times yesterday but I thought it wouldn't fit the hints because i didn't know 7th years too would that boat ride ..I thought its just the first years..Is it in the book?I don't remember reading it...
well whatever ,congrats Priya!! u deserve it !!:)
me Almas and Ani were showering guesses one after another but still couldn't crack it 😆

@ bold
Please check out 5th post on previous page , 58..also, check out the 4th post when u get time..😊

Originally posted by: QuietlyLoud

wow🤣🤣..that so suits him...look at his face, all screwed up in concentration 🤣
and once he is finished ,he is like this >> Waiting for poor souls to come and solve his riddle..🤣

Lol...true..😛

Which reminds me, have u checked out the simplified/ modified/original riddle on page 57 ?.. check out when u get time..😊