TOI-Anup Soni and Smita Bansal quit Balika Vadhu

Posted: 9 years ago
Anup Soni and Smita Bansal quit Balika Vadhu
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news-interviews/Anup-Soni-and-Smita-Bansal-quit-Balika-Vadhu/articleshow/35339632.cms?
May 20, 2014, 12.00 AM IST

Actors Smita Bansal and Anup Soni " Balika Vadhu's Sumitra and Bhairon are quitting the show after six years. They will shoot their last episode in the last week of May. Keeping their popularity in mind, we hear, the makers will not replace them on the show. Instead, they will be shown leaving the city.

As an actor, I was exhausted: Smita Bansal
Says Smita, "This show has given me a lot, but I have nothing more to offer to the character. As an actor, I am exhausted doing the same thing. At the same time, I understand that the story had to move ahead and that more tracks had to be incorporated. I had nothing to explore in mine.

Isn't it risky to quit a popular show? "I don't believe it would be difficult to find work. Actors who are professional and don't throw tantrums, do get work. I don't have to work for money and don't mind sitting at home for a couple of years," she says.

Wouldn't being a part of another show distract her from the burnout? "I had participated in a reality show but the stint was short. Also, Balika Vadhu kept me too busy to take up another show," she asserts. For now, Smita wants to spend quality time with her husband and two daughters and doesn't know how long the break would last. "I want to take up something that's creatively exciting," she signs off.

I won't work with Smita again: Anup Soni
Actor Anup Soni feels he isn't contributing to the show anymore. Says he, "I have had a wonderful time being part of Balika Vadhu for the last six years. But I wasn't doing much for the past year-and-a-half. The decision to quit was a mutual one between the production house and me. The show is bigger than any of us and pushing the writers to accommodate our tracks wouldn't have been a wise idea. They now have more characters to play with. Acting is my passion and I want to be creatively satisfied." The actor says this is his longest stint on a daily soap. "The production house is very organised and we never had to do overtime. Even the younger lot that joined us worked sincerely towards making the show a success," says he.

Ask him about Smita quitting the show at the same time and Anup says, "That's a surprising coincidence. I keep telling her jokingly that I won't work with her again as we won't have anything new to offer to the viewers."
Edited by Anjali_ - 9 years ago
Leaving the city to never return again?😲
How implausible!

Close relatives are forgotten like this?

Vanish like Khajaan, Mahavir Singh, Gauri, Badi maasi, Sugna and Shyam? At least these characters were distant in relations. But how will they pack off close relatives like this?
Thank you Anjali

How they can leave Jaitsar ? Where they will go ?Singhs don't even have country wide business that Bhairon will go to some other city to handle business there and they will never return again 😲

why not thy show thy went for some tour or went to see badimaa  in foreign  so that thy can cme whenever needed  if anandi becomes pergnant  how will thy show godhbharai function why cant now show bhairon   and sumitra  spending with grandchildrens and  if leap happens jagiya child take care of them in jagya absence this writers r only gve tracks for sanchi
After Smita and Anup there are three more persons in badi haveli(everyone know whom do i mean) lets see what happens. A show like BV and a channel like colors doesn't deserve them. Will missing you both badly but its ok. All the best for your future projects. Also i will be happy if i see you both with SriShank in any other show. 
Thanks Anjali
Edited by Arul97 - 9 years ago
good decision...i can't believe that BV writers are just not giving up on this show...it has nothing new to show us and jut new unnecessary characters, families and actors are coming in 😡
I guess this Sanchi track killed good roles.. too much Sanchi too little scope for sumitra and Bhairav.  Atleast CV are not killing these two beloved characters..  😕

Good luck Anup and Smitha 👏
Edited by uknaik99 - 9 years ago
Yep it is official now in newspaper and confirmed by Smita mam and Anoop sir him self.

Feeling bad, but i would say good step. If they don't have any role to play and there time and talent is getting wasted this is the best move. May be they can try out other things.

They are amazing actors and will surely rock what ever they take up. All the best to both of them. 👍🏼
All the best to Smita and Anup. Hope to see you guys act in different genre and may be together 😊
Permanent relocating at this age, leaving behind their dear family does not make much sense to me.😕
 Wished writers have paid more attention to Bhairo and Sumi's characters instead of filler like Sanchi and her new family.😡

Anyway all the best to them for their future projects.😊