Akhilendra Mishra as Kansa in Mahabharat

Posted: 9 years ago

Akhilendra Mishra to play Kansa

Chaya Unnikrishnan

After appearing as a naxalite leader in Diya Aur Baati Hum, Akhilendra Mishra is all set to don the role of Kansa in Mahabharat, which will soon start the story of Krishna. Akhilendra has earlier played Raavan in Ramayan that was aired on the now defunct channel Imagine. Says Akhilendra, "Ramayan and Mahabharat are two great epics and if I get an opportunity to play a role in either of them it's a privilege. After playing the powerful Raavan, it will be interesting to play Kansa who was also a king. It will give a different dimension to me as an actor." The veteran actor, best remembered for his role as Kroor Singh in Chandrakanta and Arjan Singh in Lagaan, will start shooting for the serial next week. Sources say that the war sequence was slated to air now but as IPL 7 (Indian Premier League) is on, it has been rescheduled. The war scenes are also being shot simultaneously.
" Chaya Unnikrishnan

DNA- 2/5/14

Published Date:  May 02, 2014

Ermm ok.. wonder how they will show it now?.. Will 12th July date be postponed too? 
IPL was scheduled ages ago.. they only just realised that it will clash with it?? ðŸ˜•
Thanks for sharing ðŸ˜Š
Edited by ....Poojie.... - 9 years ago
now kansa? from where he came at this point in mb? kurukshetra war me fight karega kya?
btw thanks for sharing!
is there going to b some timemachine type of moment in which mb cast will travel to past? few days ago diala mentioned abt krishna leela being shot! does it refer to that
What's wrong with star Cvs ??????? Btw are they going to show Bakasur too???
Who gets to play Youth Krishna? or will SRJ be playing this role ðŸ˜†
what??? flashback??? when??? HOW???
Originally posted by frappie

What's wrong with star Cvs ??????? Btw are they going to show Bakasur too???
I wonder if they are doing the Kansa scene to bring to life Krishna's pastime of fighting and killing his uncle so as to convince Arjun to fight the war? Perhaps this will be shown during the Gita scenes?
Edited by shyam09 - 9 years ago
but kansa already killed na..😕
Tfs, so CV dnt want the war sequence to clash with IPL?? So they cld hv shown more of the vanvaas track, IPL will end 1st June, so till than if we won't get to see war sequence?? i just hope the war sequences are shown properly and not rushed if they are planning to show after ipl ends,
OMG ðŸ˜† what poor planning