Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jia.astk thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

A simple qn...
If given a choice which movie would you choose? why?
1. Shindler's list
2. Matrix
3. Starwars
3. Amazing spider man2
4. Audrey Hepburn movie(today is her 85th birthday)
5. Rom com like 50 first dates or Yeh Jawaani Hey Diwaani

aviation-ca thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Angie.. great answers to the questions asked.. I am enjoying your hot seat.. but won't add to it...

Aren't you glad the week is over????
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Angie here is a clip of penguins flying and crash landing in tropical rainforest.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYVBaTD0zqw[/YOUTUBE]
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: misti73

Angie here is a clip of penguins flying and crash landing in tropical rainforest.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYVBaTD0zqw[/YOUTUBE]

😲😲No way!!!
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myra.nelly

😲😲No way!!!

Why are you so shocked Myra?😉
Edited by misti73 - 10 years ago
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Why are you so shocked Myra?

I thought i saw Mumble there😉
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myra.nelly

I thought i saw Mumble there😉

Did you!...so was he the one who crash landed in the tropical rain forest?
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

You are doing good Angie...Now two interesting questions for you...

Misti, Wow...you do ask the most diverse questions.  Ok, I was going to go for flippant answers.  But then decided to answer them seriously.

Question 1:

If you knew a woman who wanted to get pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally slow, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she goes for another pregnancy? 

Nope.  Only 2 out of 8 kids are not handicapped one way or the other.  So 75% probability that another child would  be born with an handicap.  Why make a child suffer for one's mistakes.  In fact, even if the probably was 25%, I would not have recommended even one child for her.

Question 2:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates.

Candidate A -
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists.
He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B -
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C -
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your Choice?

Interesting choice of candidates.  Usually, i would never vote for a world leader based on only this much facts and I would want to know much much more about their issues, past record, performance etc.

Since this is all I am given and if I have to choose a leader,  then:

Misti,  I was going to give a serious answer.  But now that I am all serious in the forum,  here is my flippant answer.

Candidate A:  He is my choice.  So far none of them great though Candidate C seems to be best choice on the paper.  But such pious, hero type people turn out to be bad leaders.  Candidate A and Candidate B are evenly matched, but B sleeps way too much to do anything.  Candidate A is the colorful one and probably will be able to accomplish more than B and C because he knows how to deal with crooks and can work with them and around them to accomplish something.  

Edited by Angie12 - 10 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail

A simple qn...
If given a choice which movie would you choose? why?
1. Shindler's list
2. Matrix
3. Starwars
3. Amazing spider man2
4. Audrey Hepburn movie(today is her 85th birthday)
5. Rom com like 50 first dates or Yeh Jawaani Hey Diwaani

Jia,  if you had asked me this question couple of years ago, I would have probably answered Schindler's List or Matrix or both.  But somehow I find Schindler's List too pretentious now and I have outgrown Spielberg's movies.  Back to the future series is the only one I like anymore maybe because there is simplicity there.

I was into science fiction at one point, but not anymore though I do watch if it the movie has good reviews.  So not starwars anymore.

I am planning to watch Spider Man 2 because I have heard that its action sequences are amazing.  But I am not into Spider Man movies.  Though I have watched all Toby McGuire ones. 

I have only seen Sabrina of Audrey Hepburn.  I would have watched her movies if I was 14 or 15 because that type of movies appealed to me at that age.  So not Audrey Hepburn movies.  

So that leaves me with Rom Com.  Though I have neither watched 50 dates or Yeh Jawaani,  I would probably prefer Rom Coms like 50 dates because these days I am not into serious movies.  I want to watch mindless ones where my brain does not have to work. 

In fact,  I would be happy to watch a movie like Manoranjan.  I watched it once on TV when I was an undergraduate.  It was a super flop movie made by Shammi Kapoor (I think either he was the producer or the director).  I watched it with my friend and we laughed so much watching it.  It had Zeenat Aman and Sanjeev Kapoor in main roles.  It was a romantic comedy where Zeenat Aman's character was a prostitute - the one who is proud of her profession and treats it like any other profession.  Sanjeev Kapoor was a constable who is love with her and wants to marry her.  She too loves him and wants to marry him but their differences are because of their views about her "career".  She is very angry because Sanjeev Kapoor's character wants her to give up her career post marriage.  Shammi Kapoor is the hotel/motel owner which is the place where Zeenat pursues her career.  It was a hilarious movie with no social causes, negativity, villains or anything.  You don't need to think about anything and it is a great movie to watch late in night with girl friends who have the same sense of humor as you do.  Anyway, I read that it was such a big flop that Shammi Kapoor never ever made a movie again.  So that is the kind of movies that I watch these days - senseless, brainless and having witty lines with good actors.  In last few years, I have enjoyed movies like Om  Shanti Om (the first half and not the second half) and Chennai Express.

Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aviation-ca

Angie.. great answers to the questions asked.. I am enjoying your hot seat.. but won't add to it...

Aren't you glad the week is over????

Aviation, thanks for both liking the answers and for not asking any questions.  I am glad the week is over.  My brain got fried in last 3-4 days.
Previous
1 ... 6 7 8 9 10
Next