why do some people look down at girls who have child out of wedlock or

gaymsk thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
if  she had past relation  ,there is no topic where i can ask dis question , can somebody tell me y people loose respect for girls if de have child out of wedlock , i mean y de  see dem like some lower class  people ?

any reason
 ðŸ¤”
Edited by gaymsk - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gaymsk thumbnail
i think dis is a very serious topic n a big problem , so  people pls  put ur thoughts 
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Its culture, its religion, its what they have brought up with, its what they have seen around themselves. This is not normal for many people.

In countries such as US where there is no such issues single mother (mothers with child outside marriage to be specific) are seen just like others. They have seen these things around themselves and have become use to it. Also even if the do not like it they have been brought up (maybe there are laws) in a way where they do not express it openly.

I dont think there is anything difficult in understanding this point.

P.S you can make the title of this topic more specific
Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago
Forever-KA thumbnail
One point to note here is that girls are at a disadvantage due to human biology. I mean if a man has a child outside of marriage he does not have to go through a 9 month preganancy process and therefore he is not under the eye of people around him. This itself is a problem and unfair to females.
All the more reason that they should be careful because unlike men they have to bear the logisitc consequences. They cannot lie. They cannot hide. While many men dont own these things.

gaymsk thumbnail
but  judjing someone's charecter  on past  is very   low n backword  thing , den y culture support all dis low , backward  thinking 

by taking  name of culture people ridicule girls n call dem unpure , it down right disgusting  Edited by gaymsk - 10 years ago
could be that some people prefer exclusive packed gifts and not hand me downs--- but that still not an excuse to look down on left overs 🤔
gaymsk thumbnail

Originally posted by: zorrro

could be that some people prefer exclusive packed gifts and not hand me downs--- but that still not an excuse to look down on left overs 🤔

de r human beings not left over ,  u  passed  very shameful comment , dets y girl  dont open up wen somebody does injustice wid dem n dont stand up  , bcs of stigma n  fear  , people r cruel 

Originally posted by: gaymsk

de r human beings not left over ,  u  passed  very shameful comment , dets y girl  dont open up wen somebody does injustice wid dem n dont stand up  , bcs of stigma n  fear  , people r cruel 

You say that girls don't open up because of fear and stigma whereas Maha2us keeps whining about girls deliberately slapping false cases of rape and harassment on men. Obviously both of you cant be right 😳
King-anu talked of culture. The girl would be aware of the culture she grows up in. To accept it or not is her choice. Every choice has its consequences and that too needs to be accepted. People are cruel but you cannot change them. you can only change yourself or learn to live by your decisions. Expecting everyone to look upto you when you go against the accepted culture is uh--- nothing short of silly .
Forever-KA thumbnail
I agree with both of you. lol 

a) people have righ to like or dislike

b) that does not mean we have right to belittle or look down at
Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago
reeha_k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
It's part of society's expectations and culture surrounding women. 
The same can be said about a woman's sexuality. She's expected to have none. Be virginal, wait till marriage- where as more often than not, the same is not expected of their male counterparts.

Having a child out of wed lock is taboo because it goes against those cultural expectations and restraints of women: being a virgin, waiting till marriage. This is the same for a 16 year old girl, or a 26 year old woman, in many countries, including India.

In most western countries, a child before wedlock for a woman is not as stigmatized as before, however there is a sub context of age: Is the woman in her twenties and a "bin biyahi ma"? That's doable. If she's a teenager, there is a level of stigma to do with age and "babies having babies".