Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey, does anyone here think that Pooja Sharma has gained weight?
I remember when Draupadi came out of fire.
She had a figure like that of a super-model.
But now she looks a lot more rounded.
I noticed this during the vanvaas itself.
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

how awesome was draupadi today challenging keechaka with fire

she was a truly a fire princess today

this is what i would have liked to see yesterday as well

I would have loved to see her snub Yudi and Virat also...SP changed Draupadi in the Virat track. Just like some people are upset about the Bheem/Arjun tracks, I'm upset about the alteration in Draupadi's track.

She had to endure all kinds of trials and tribulations for one year, though she had to hear insults from the commander-in-chief, Kichaka . At one stage, she had the audacity to say that the law of the jungle prevailed in the kingdom of Virata. She also declared that the king was unworthy of his royal seat and that even the members of the court were not true to their dharma, inasmuch as they worshipped such an incompetent king. She even hinted that members of the assembly should rise against the king and depose him . However, there was a blessing in disguise and the stay of Pandava brothers in the house of Virata paved the way for amicable relationship between the King Virata and Pandava brothers through marriage alliance of Abhimanyu, the son of Arjuna, and Uttara, the daughter of Virata.

M. L. Ahuja ( ). Women in Indian Mythology (Kindle Locations 555-557).  . Kindle Edition. 
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

Hey, does anyone here think that Pooja Sharma has gained weight?

I remember when Draupadi came out of fire.
She had a figure like that of a super-model.
But now she looks a lot more rounded.
I noticed this during the vanvaas itself.

Yes, my hubby and I discussed this yesterday. I think she needed to gain weight because frankly she looked too skinny to be a Draupadi when she came out of the fire (just my POV)😆 She used to look too frail in the beginning- now she looks like a queen😊
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@bheegi i agree her role in virata track has been completely changed just to whitewash yudi in particular since they cant show him remaining mum at her insult even though as per the epic he did .

i love draupadi's dialogues in the assembly hall to the king and then to the queen when she challenges that nothing can save keechaka now

but just to show pandavas as draupadi's savior's in keechaka track which they weren't they have competely changed it even Bhima agreed to kill keechaka because draupadi convinced him

it was actually draupadi who was the hero in this track who fought to avenge herself and bhima was her weapon completely unlike what they have shown

Edited by Sabhayata - 10 years ago
Sabhayata thumbnail

Originally posted by: bheegi

This citation summarizes why she is my all time fav character from MB

Finally, Draupadi has been shown in the epic Mahabharata as a unique character showing great courage, endurance, and firm in her resolve even if she had to encounter all sorts of trials and tribulations. With a view to fulfil her vow (a promise to herself to tie her untied hair after washing them with the blood of Dushasana) and to punish all those who had disgraced her and perpetrated offence against her, she kept ablaze the fire of revenge burning in her heart into the hearts and minds of Pandavas. She was the very embodiment of shree or good fortune in the house of the Pandavas. No doubt, she was occasionally subject to moods of indignation, but the loftiness of her soul, her unfailing courage in the face of disasters, her spirit of self-sacrifice, and, above all , her moral earnestness and spiritual integrity have shed a luster on the ideals of womanhood in ancient India. Her character has been woven by Maharishi Krishna Dwaipayana with great skill. The very circumstances of her birth made it abundantly clear that she was destined to fulfil a significant role. Thus, the refulgence of Draupadi's lustrous prototype of womanhood shall always be a source of inspiration for the women of India.

M. L. Ahuja ( ). Women in Indian Mythology (Kindle Locations 567-572).  . Kindle Edition. 

Bold-that is one of the main reasons why i love her.She may not be a warrior but she had a warrior's spirit that is why she never forgave her tormentors nor let her husbands forget about it .That is why she even went with them otherwise she could have gone back to panchal and led a luxurious life but she wanted that her husbands never forget her humiliations.This was her fire.

but again this is missing in this serial.Pandvas are so much self motivated that they don't need any motivation from draupadi

i just hope cv's dont go as far as showing draupadi supporting peace negotiations
i want her to spit fire if peace negotiations are mentioned
Edited by Sabhayata - 10 years ago
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

@bheegi i agree her role in virata track has been completely changed just to whitewash yudi in particular since they cant show him remaining mum at her insult even though as per the epic he did .

i love draupadi's dialogues in the assembly hall to the king and then to the queen when she challenges that nothing can save keechaka now

but just to show pandavas as draupadi's savior's in keechaka track which they weren't they have competely changed it even Bhima agreed to kill keechaka because draupadi convinced him

it was actually draupadi who was the hero in this track who fought to avenge herself and bhima was her weapon completely unlike what they have shown

Exactly Sabhyata. Right now Draupadi is acting like a Bond girl...an accomplice with her heroes. She was supposed to be that pilot light that kept burning all throughout. Krishna is the only one who understood her plight because at one point even Bheem and Arjun were willing to go for the peaceful route without any justice. Sahdev is the only one who wanted war before they sent Krishna as the envoy

One reason I love Draupadi is because of her never say die attitude and never give up attitude

Yesterday, she was willing to die if Keechak molested her. She never talked about dying in the real story (correct me if I'm wrong). She screamed when Keechak's relatives wanted to make her sati
Sabhayata thumbnail
@Bheegi i love the bond girl part

this is how awesome Draupadi was in keechaka track where in she paved the way to avenge herself

After keechaka kicks her in court Bhima is about to go and punish him but yudi stops him

And impelled by rage, he was on the point of starting up with speed. Thereat king Yudhishthira, apprehensive of discovery, squeezed his thumbs and commanded Bhima to forbear. And Bhima who then looked like an infuriate elephant eyeing a large tree, was thus forbidden by his elder brother. And the latter said, 'Lookest thou, O cook, for trees for fuel. If thou art in need of faggots, then go out and fell trees.'

Draupadi realizing this openly taunts yudi in the court

with eyes burning in fire, spoke these words unto the king of the Matsyas, 'Alas, the son of a Suta hath kicked today the proud and beloved wife of those whose foe can never sleep in peace even if four kingdoms intervene between him and them. Alas, the son of a Suta hath kicked today the proud and beloved wife of those truthful personages, who are devoted to Brahmanas and who always give away without asking any thing in gift. Oh, why do those heroes today, endued as they are with strength and possessed of immeasurable energy, quietly suffer, like eunuchs, their dear and chaste wife to be thus insulted by a Suta's son? Oh, where is that wrath of theirs, that prowess, and that energy, when they quietly bear their wife to be thus insulted by a wicked wretch?

Then she even goes ahead and points out to the king what he is doing is wrong

Thou dost not, O king, act like a king towards this Kichaka. Thy behaviour is like that of a robber, and doth not shine in a court. That I should thus be insulted in thy very presence, O Matsya, is highly improper. Oh, let all the courtiers here look at this violence of Kichaka. Kichaka is ignorant of duty and morality, and Matsya also is equally so. These courtiers also that wait upon such a king are destitute of virtue

Then yudi asks her to leave which she does but Draupadi being Draupadi cant give up on something she has set her heart on then she goes and tells the queen that her brother will die today

'As I went to bring wine for thee, Kichaka struck me in the court in the very presence of the king, as if in the midst of a solitary wood.' Hearing this, Sudeshna said, 'O thou of tresses ending in beautiful curls, as Kichaka, maddened by lust hath insulted thee that art incapable of being possessed by him, I shall cause him to be slain if thou wishest it.' Thereupon Draupadi answered, 'Even others will slay him,--even they whom he hath wronged, I think it is clear that he will have to go to the abode of Yama this very day!'"

Then also she doesn't give up thinks about how she can achieve her aim and then goes to Bhima

And she reflected, saying, 'What am I to do? Whither shall I go? How can my purpose be effected?' And while she was thinking thus, she remembered Bhima and said to herself, 'There is none else, save Bhima, that can today accomplish the purpose on which my heart is set!' And afflicted with great grief, the large-eyed and intelligent Krishna possessed of powerful protectors then rose up at night, and leaving her bed speedily proceeded towards the quarters of Bhimasena, desirous of beholding her lord.

but unfortunately to make pandavas seem heroic they have completely diluted draupadi's role

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
^^ Thanks for the excerpt, Sabhayata! On one hand I'm bummed at how they initially mellowed out Draupadi earlier in this track - it wasn't like her to give a crap about their agyaatvaas when there was a tharki sicko on the loose, or even talk of giving up her life over it - she was a symbol of perseverance and indestructible self-respect even when others disrespected her. But even though it's a distortion, I'm also glad they didn't have any of the brothers actively advocate hushing up what Keechak's doing to her because that's such an AWFUL message to put out there for women in the audience 🤢 I also appreciated the distortion that led to Keechak vadh becoming a team effort because NAKUL AND SAHADEV, WOOHOO 🥳 I guess no show will ever give us the Upakeechakas part of the story but oh well - after some pluses, some minuses, and some just plain absurdities (the Kaurav-Keechak alliance wth), this track has drawn to a close and overall I can't say I didn't enjoy it.
Edited by lola610 - 10 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Here's a random edit I made on one of Pooja's offscreen pics... really nothing to it but here it is, I just love how they do her makeup!

bheegi thumbnail
@Sabhyata...who is the suta putra she is referring to? Was Keechak also a suta?

I would have loved a Bond girl who could spit fire at Virat, Sudeshna, Keechak and Yudi but as Lola said, they are trying to give a more positive message in the 21 st century

A lot of women in this yug don't like the original Yudi. It's hard for many to understand the real dharmraj as he was in dwaparyug. This Yudi is just trying to redeem himself in their eyes and Draupadi is being a true pativrata and helping him on his mission :)