Regina_Lupa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Sukanya_Datta

All Pandavs???😕
What did that Kank (Yudhisthir) do??

he did the main thing!!!!
Giving green signal to arjun's plan!!!

Didnt give awesome big dharm lecture! !!!
Instantly agreed!!!
milindrose thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
such a nice episode n loved all pandavs doing their job to save their beautiful wife ❤️ such nice episode n especially pooja throwing firey knife on keechak scene was very nice n bheem killing that beast ,,,amazing loved it ❤️
milindrose thumbnail
Embedded image permalink

if u compar these pics as sairandari she is not looking so much attractive ,,,it looks i have lost my draupati here in this look 
Edited by milindrose - 10 years ago
milindrose thumbnail

our sweet heart panchali ❤️
milindrose thumbnail
poor arjun had to dance so much ,,,really such hardworking pandavs who had to suufer along with panchali so much ,,,how many adharmis tried to humilate our panchali😡
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i think it's the dress.i wonder who designed this attire 4 puja.that robe that hangs with those arabic pants look unmatched. It would have been better if it was like the one in vanvaas...the skirt,the top complete with dupatta.
bheegi thumbnail
@milindrose...even I agree, I don't like Draupadi's agyatvaas look. They have over dressed her in those loose fitting clothes. Hopefully, we will see her back in her red sari. IMO, she looks best as samraagi
bheegi thumbnail
I found an interesting citation on the origin of Draupadi:
As per Narada and Vayu Puranas, Draupadi was an incarnation of Goddesses Shyamala (wife of Dharma), Bharati (wife of Vayu ), Sachi (wife of Indra), Usha (wife of Ashwinis), and hence married their earthly counterparts in the form of the five Pandavas. Enraged at a jest by Parvati, Shyamala, Sachi, and Usha, Brahma cursed them for human birth. Parvati thought of the solution wherein they will be born as one woman, Draupadi, and hence, share the earthly body for a smaller period of time. They requested Bharati to be with them in their human birth. Draupadi's characteristic fight against injustice reflects Parvati or her Shakti and Kali, inhabiting Draupadi's mortal flesh at times. At other times, Draupadi was docile and even waited to be rescued showing the qualities of other goddesses like Sachi and Usha. At other times, she showed astuteness in hiding their true identity and asking Vayu-putra Bhima to kill the evil Keechaka like Goddess Bharati would. Draupadi was also an incarnation of Goddess Shree or Wealth who was the joint wife of five Indras, the five Pandavas.

M. L. Ahuja ( ). Women in Indian Mythology (Kindle Locations 504-506).  . Kindle Edition. 

Perhaps, that explains why Draupadi can sometimes set things on fire or give electric shocks but not always😃
Edited by bheegi - 10 years ago
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
how awesome was draupadi today challenging keechaka with fire

she was a truly a fire princess today

this is what i would have liked to see yesterday as well
bheegi thumbnail
This citation summarizes why she is my all time fav character from MB

Finally, Draupadi has been shown in the epic Mahabharata as a unique character showing great courage, endurance, and firm in her resolve even if she had to encounter all sorts of trials and tribulations. With a view to fulfil her vow (a promise to herself to tie her untied hair after washing them with the blood of Dushasana) and to punish all those who had disgraced her and perpetrated offence against her, she kept ablaze the fire of revenge burning in her heart into the hearts and minds of Pandavas. She was the very embodiment of shree or good fortune in the house of the Pandavas. No doubt, she was occasionally subject to moods of indignation, but the loftiness of her soul, her unfailing courage in the face of disasters, her spirit of self-sacrifice, and, above all , her moral earnestness and spiritual integrity have shed a luster on the ideals of womanhood in ancient India. Her character has been woven by Maharishi Krishna Dwaipayana with great skill. The very circumstances of her birth made it abundantly clear that she was destined to fulfil a significant role. Thus, the refulgence of Draupadi's lustrous prototype of womanhood shall always be a source of inspiration for the women of India.

M. L. Ahuja ( ). Women in Indian Mythology (Kindle Locations 567-572).  . Kindle Edition.