Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Sandhya and Zakir, both of them doesn't deserve BCT.

Both are selfish in their own way.

Zakir wanted to put Sandhya in danger just to achieve BCT...

Sandhya chose Chavi's wedding over a special shooting training which is most important task for an IPS officer...

Both were thinking about their own personal goal, nothing was related to the best interest of their country!!!

My POV both are not only deserves BCT, both are not good for IPS either!!

Your opinion...
Edited by NeelM - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wait a minute.  I don't think you can classify Zakir and Sandhya to be in the same league. 🤔
Zakir was selfish and he cheated.  And it wasn't a minor cheating incident.  he put a fellow officer's life in danger for his own personal gain.

Sandhya on the other hand, won the right to be granted a wish and she chose to honor her familial obligation and attend Chavi's wedding.  

We all know what would have happened if she hadn't.  1) Bhabo would have been all over her for not being able to balance IPS with family duties.  2) More importantly, Chavi would not have gotten married, due to the wedding dress fraud.

Yes the special shooting training would have proved invaluable to Sandhya as shooting is her weakness.  But it is not a weakness she can't overcome in due time with practice.

Honesty, integrity, good judgement...these are very important characteristics of an IPS officer. Sandhya has demonstrated all of these qualitites... Zakir has not. 

I want to say one more thing.  It's very nice that the IPS academy makes everyone wear identical uniforms...even has cadets address Agrima Singh as Sir...so as to neutralize the gender issue.  But you know what...that never really goes away does it?

In fact you yourself are penalizing her as being selfish just because she went to attend Chavi's wedding.  Something that was not a risk to national security as far as I can tell.

Sandhya is probably the only cadet in her batch that is a married woman...and no one has the same problems she does.  

She can be the best IPS officer...but when she goes home, she'll still be expected to mop the floor and peel potatoes, and fold her husband's laundry.  Later when SurYa have children, and if the child does something naughty...Sandhya will be blamed because she was the working mother.  

It's never a level playing field.  She'll always be proving herself at work (in a predominantly male job) and at home...just because she's a woman.

So while in your opinion...she may not be the best cadet...in my POV...with all her experiences and obstacles...she is definitely the better one.
aasighazi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't think this is true. Sandhya does deserve the Best Cadet Award.  The reason? 
She is working hard to be an IPS officer.  From a weak person, she grew stronger.  She is married so she has responsibilities as well.  Just because she took two days off, doesn't mean she doesn't deserve this award.  Sandhya is also not selfish. Selfish would be not going to her sister in law's wedding to make her and the family happy.  In fact, her in laws are selfish people to get her to come to the wedding in the first place and take the 2 days off knowing she has to stay at the training place.  Anyhow, Zakir, he is the one who is using wrong tactics against Sandhya because he wants to win but he knows he is not as strong as Sandhya and finds her a threat among all the other candidates in his own squad. Zakir is using immoral ways to make Sandhya lose but it never worked.  

So if you look at it, Sandhya is doing everything she can to be the best IPS officer. Sure, she missed the shooting exercise and it is important, but she has other things to deal with as well and she is able to because of her husband's support and love.  She isn't selfish one bit.  She isn't doing anything to hurt anyone like Zakir had done to her.  She isn't cheating and trying to win by hurting other people in her squad.  In fact, she will be the one to save Agrimal Singh from those weird terrorists who want to kidnap her so she can train them...

So let's see what happens next. 
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
well, as far as BCT goes, Sandy is in front of Zakir to merit it.  But her general attitude and constant need to balance the most demanding and unreasonable family (who are also mostly criminals) is not going to make her an effective IPS officer.
MisscoolEyes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think. I disagree here.
As far as I am concerned, both Sandhya and Zakir equally deserved BCT till Zak decided to mess with the compass. They might want to win the trophy for 100s of reasons of their own. But as long as, they don't take the path of wrong to achieve that , I see no problem in that.

As far as Sandhya choosing to visit chavis wedding over training. I think, that doesn't take away from the fact that  she is dedicated towards her country. I am not saying this because, it was Sandhya.. I am saying this because that's how reality works. You take decision depending on the situation. Had Sandhya been involved in an important operation , she wouldn't have even dreamt of going to chavis wedding. She went because she could afford to without loosing much. Training is something that you can get over time.😊

Jus my POV
winterdusk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yes i agree completely
IPS is about junoon passion patriotism to serve at any part of the country irrespective of the posting ready to forgo their personal life for the sake of the country sandhya;s reason behind  BCT is selfish ! before compass case i wanted zakir to win the trophy as he was a real IPS who slept ate BCT he wanted to win BCT for himself... even his words tht BCT is won for pride for dedication determination sounds more reasonable than winning BCT for bhabho and ideal family !
i really dont know why cv messed up zakir ! yes this was the last minute changes by cv ! too bad so yaa a selfish person doesnt deserve BCT as he needs to work on his inner self 
still sandhya candidature for BCT isnt worthy enough for BCT had she opted special coach instead of chosing her sasural she would have prove her worth and her dedication towards her service knowing the fact tht she cant aim properly and her senior reminded her weakness at the time of prize distribution she chose her family thus putting the security of her country at risk she wasnt trained by bhabho or sooraj she was still raw ! wat is the use of such IPS wen they take wrong decision wen the country needs them most !
sorry but still i believe neither sandhya nor zakir deserve to be BCT there are rest 200 cadets who are far more hardworking and are goal oriented ! i would love to see any of them winning the BCT !  
HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I'm not commenting on Zakir as I have not analysed his character fully yet. He seems gray to me.

But for Sandy, I think she still deserves BCT if she is able to save sirji's life...coz IPS is not just about completing task and emerging victorious in a given task but about thinking smartly and reacting to unplanned/unfamiliar situation. 

Also I think it is unfair to judge sandy for going to chavi's wedding. Sandy is 'trapped' in marriage and family responsibility too...Also she must consider her loving husband suraj who is responsible for her success and in achieving her ambition. Tell me who would not be in dilemma when such situation happens...Sandy's battle to balance family and duty should be shown in a positive light.

I just came across a journal research from university of Ohio saying 66%(average) women who studied higher than their husband, highly successful or earns better do not have a successful married life. I'm not sure about India, but the findings made me think that DABH has tackled a very good issue here.  Edited by niruba - 10 years ago
HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

Wait a minute.  I don't think you can classify Zakir and Sandhya to be in the same league. 🤔

Zakir was selfish and he cheated.  And it wasn't a minor cheating incident.  he put a fellow officer's life in danger for his own personal gain.

Sandhya on the other hand, won the right to be granted a wish and she chose to honor her familial obligation and attend Chavi's wedding.  

We all know what would have happened if she hadn't.  1) Bhabo would have been all over her for not being able to balance IPS with family duties.  2) More importantly, Chavi would not have gotten married, due to the wedding dress fraud.

Yes the special shooting training would have proved invaluable to Sandhya as shooting is her weakness.  But it is not a weakness she can't overcome in due time with practice.

Honesty, integrity, good judgement...these are very important characteristics of an IPS officer. Sandhya has demonstrated all of these qualitites... Zakir has not. 

I want to say one more thing.  It's very nice that the IPS academy makes everyone wear identical uniforms...even has cadets address Agrima Singh as Sir...so as to neutralize the gender issue.  But you know what...that never really goes away does it?

In fact you yourself are penalizing her as being selfish just because she went to attend Chavi's wedding.  Something that was not a risk to national security as far as I can tell.

Sandhya is probably the only cadet in her batch that is a married woman...and no one has the same problems she does.  

She can be the best IPS officer...but when she goes home, she'll still be expected to mop the floor and peel potatoes, and fold her husband's laundry.  Later when SurYa have children, and if the child does something naughty...Sandhya will be blamed because she was the working mother.  

It's never a level playing field.  She'll always be proving herself at work (in a predominantly male job) and at home...just because she's a woman.

So while in your opinion...she may not be the best cadet...in my POV...with all her experiences and obstacles...she is definitely the better one.

brilliant 👏
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nice discussion and nice points by all.
SwerveBae thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
omg what is this
are you seriously comparing Zakir and Sandhya? hahahah tussi great ho Neel ki chamchi. the diffference between Zakir and Sandhya is like the differnece between a flower and a shoe. you just cant. compare. a. flower. and. a. shoe.