OS- Falling In Love!! HIS STORY-PG7

-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Hey u all...

Here I am...bringing you a small story of a journey to love...I hope you like it!!!

Here you go Peeps!!

She could smell it in the air, it was time. She jumped off her bed, leaving her sketch book behind and made her way up to the terrace. She grabbed the ladder and climbed up to the water tank on the very top of the terrace. She loved heights. She loved the vantage point of being able to see the hustle bustle of the city under her eyes. But mostly she loved it because she felt closer to the skies and her stars and the cool breeze that came every night to say hello. Today the breeze was warm and carried with it a pungent smell of the soil. That was the smell that brought her here. It was going to rain and she couldn't wait.

And it did. It rained, washing away the heat wave that surrounded the city. She couldn't help but sigh. Her smile was effortless as she felt the first drops of water splash on her skin. She sighed as she lay on the ledge of the water tank and let her inhibitions wash away in the rain.

Her father's voice calling her was her wake up call. It was getting dark. The city had somehow emptied up in a matter of 15 minutes. The rain was getting denser, turning into a downpour. The Clouds roared as she stood up and started climbing down the ladder.

And that's when her eyes wandered to the single burning light bulb in the distant tea stall. Under it stood a silhouette of a man covered in a black raincoat, unconcerned with the pouring rain. It was him, she knew, because her heart had stopped for a second.

Why was he still here?? Didn't he know that this rain was going to last and in a matter of a few hours the roads will be flooded with water and then how would he get home? She jumped down from the last step and turned away. She didn't want to look at him. It was high time he stopped coming here. It had been over a year. She had made it clear with her actions and her words, the few times they spoke over the phone, that she wasn't interested. But still he was here. He was always there by the tea stall. He was there when she woke up, lazily sipping on his tea from the glass, looking intently in the direction of her house. His eyes never left her home. He reacted to the slightest of movements in the house, even after being a good 200mts away. He would wait until he saw her then smile and get on his bike and drive away.

The distinct sound of his bike was his indication that he was leaving. And then he would be back again in the next few hours, spending yet some more time, repeating the same. Tea, staring at her house and waiting. His last trip was always around 9, right after dinner, when she would go upstairs and climb up the water tank and stare at the stars. He was always there, no matter what, and he only left after seeing her.

~~

She went back to her room, running to the corner from which she would see him secretly. She deliberately kept the lights off, so he wouldn't know. Standing in the corner, chewing on her wet sleeve absentmindedly she looked at him. He was a mystery to her. She couldn't understand what he was doing here and why. Well she knew the why. It was her, but then again why? He seemed old enough to be working, then why was he wasting his time at a tea stall. She just couldn't get it.

Again her dad called..

And she moved away. As if on cue she heard his bike start and he accelerated telling her good bye and he drove off.

She sighed and her heart relaxed.

~~

She lay on the bed hearing the music of the rain, this being a very aggressive tune as it continued to rain like crazy. She couldn't fall asleep. Her mind went back to him. It went back to the first encounter, to the first talk and to the fist face to face.

First encounter was a laid back following around. She had felt very strange, a little anxious and a lot more irritated. That was before she saw him drive past her ,giving her a backward glance as he drove off. And that had made her nervous. Cos he was nothing like what she had imagined him to be. He was not a low life thug teasing some girl. He was handsome and well dressed and seemed from a good family. She could tell he had taste from his shoes. She always thought a man's shoes gave a very good guideline about him. Hats what she thought. Then why was he following her?

Soon he became her shadow, following her everywhere she went, yet keeping his distance. He never approached her or tried to be inappropriate. He just drove behind her. Her friends seated behind her2 wheeler would constantly fill her in as to what he was doing, how he looked and any other information they collected as they turned back over and over again. He would always give them a tilted half smile.

That much was guaranteed he had her friends support. They tried to nudge her to maybe talk to him, but she resited.She wasn't used to such attention. Even his friends knew her by now.

Finally the day came when he called.He called on the pretense of being from her college. Her maid unassumingly handed her the phone.

Hello, she spoke?

Are you ok? Asked the baritone voice from the other side

Excuse me can I know who I am talking to?

I haven't seen you the whole day, and I had a bad dream about you, so please tell me you're ok.

Her heart literally jumped into her mouth as it dawned on her who she was talking to.

You? was all she could say...

Just tell me you're ok and I will not bother you further. His replied in fluent English,making her even more surprised. Strange but she assumed him to be still a thug..a goodlooking and well dressed thug.

Huh..

Zoya, speak..he said...He knew her name...She was climbing higher and higher on the ladder of surprise..

How do you know my name? she asked...

I know a lot about you..he said his voice a husky whisper.It made her hiccup involuntarily.

Are you ok? He asked again

Yes I am ok. I just bunked my classed today, and decided to stay home.My dog is not feeling well.

Oh what happened to  Lola? His voice had concern.

You know my dogs name aswell?? She couldn't make sense of it.

Yes..was his answer.

Uh...she ate something...

Oh dot worry as far as she is puking it out, its all good. My German Shepard, Mojo does that as well. Don't worry. Alright tc. He started to put the phone down.

Uh wait..Whats your name?

Asad..he said as he disconnected the phone.

~~

He called again after a few days, and somehow they started talking.

She liked talking to him, but she was scared. She didn't know what she wanted out of these conversations. She was not sure. So she resisted asking him a lot of questions.

Finally he asked her to meet him, and she resisted and denied. He didn't react and continued what he was doing.

They still kept their distance. Finally her friends nudged her hard enough for her to talk to meet him, and she agreed.

They met face to face for the first time. He waited for her in a bookstore with a soft smile on his face, as she made her way to him, twisting the strap of her purse, nervous as hell.

Hi. He offered his hand for a handshake.

She took it hesitantly.

His hand was twice her size and extremely warm in comparison to her cold hands. His touch sent shivers down her spine and she freaked..It was too much too soon. She looked at him and turned away. She had to say no she had to say no, she chanted..

And before he could say anything she blurt out. She said no to him, even before he asked her anything.She told him to stop calling her, to stop following her and to stop coming by her house. She didn't want any of it.

He nodded.

I won't call you anymore, was all he said and walked out. She was dumbstruck. She didn't know what just happened and why she said what she said.

~~

She finally found her sleep and drifted off, her mind still reeling in his thoughts.

The next 2 days made way for a flood warning in the city, due to the constant downpour. Every office, school, college and work was to be shut down and people were told to stay in their homes.

The city was on a halt and bracing itself for the floods. The people were stocking up on food and supplies to get them through the blackout.

But she just sat and drowned herself in his thoughts. Nothing within her had stayed the same after she said no to him. He stopped calling. He still followed her on most days, but that had gone down a lot. Even his visitations had reduced. It bothered her no to see him every day. She had gotten used to him being around, of her sneaking up to her window and staring at him for hours. But now all she saw was an empty tea stall for the past month. It was starting to bother her.

Her friends tried to be helpful, but they somehow felt a little biased towards him.

They had tried their best to ease the situation for the 2 but it never helped.

Both were adamant in their decisions.

Once her friend had walked up to him to talk.She had requested him to stop wasting his time, she wasn't interested, but he had not agreed. He had just continued staring at the terrace.

She will be out in the next 5 minutes. He had said.

Her friend had confidently told him she won't and walked away, calling her to tell her not to go up. But she still went to the terrace. Her reason; it would be too obvious if she din't go up, he would know that she was told not to. It was her routine so she  would go on with it. Whether she went up to stay true to her ways or to prove him right, maybe even she didn't know.

That thought made her ache. It made her realize how much she had missed him when she saw him 2 days ago, after a gap of a month. What was going on with her, why was she so restless and where the hell was he? Had he stoped caring? Had he given up on her? No she couldn't get herself to linger on that thought cos it pierced through her heart and made her bleed. This was overwhelming her. She needed to get out.

Thankfully her best friend was her neighbor and helped her to forget her turmoil. She had had enough of his thoughts for the past few days.

They continued chatting through the day and went bout with their craziness.

They were laughing hard by the end of 2 hours at something funny when she heard a familiar sound of the bike.

NO...it couldn't be...he couldn't be here...the city is flooded...and he doesn't live close by.Nah she must be hallucinating.

Again she heard the raise of the bike..and she went up on her kness from her siting postion.

Did you hear that?? She asked her friend...

What?

The sound of the bike

Huh..no..I dunno wat ur talking about.

She felt jittery as she sat back.

Her friend stared at her trying to understand what was bothering her, when the sound of the bike came again. The raise was much stronger this time, as if someone was trying to get somebody's attention.

Her friend jumped up and looked at her..

It's him...she said

Yes its him...she darted towards her window and peeked out...he was there...by the tea stall..sitting on his bike...without his rain coat. He was there...for real...in this maddening rain...and he was there for her.

She couldn't hold herself back as she stepped out to the balcony to see him better...She wanted to be sure...She wanted to be sure she wasn't hallucinating. As is she had been too preoccupied with his thoughts..so maybe she was just imagining him..

But no he was there for real cos her friend that had followed her to the balcony seemed to be in a state of shock.

What is he doing here Zoya...in such weather..He's not even wearing a jacket.. Has he lost it?? And how in the hell did he make it here?? All the roads are closed...

Zoya didn't know what to say, she was too shocked..too bothered to react. She wasn't liking the  surge of emotions ,the worry, the care the concern that engulfed her. She was overwhelmed, so instead of acting on her concern, she chose anger...

Whatever..she said and dashed back into the house where he couldn't see her.He had already yseen her on the balcony and had parked his bike and ordered his tea.

She was losing it.She paced around and she cursed...She was going crazy..this was all too much..She didn't know what was happening.She needed distraction. So she started cooking paronthas.

Her friend kept quiet and observed her friend,every now and then going and checking up on him.

After about an hour as the clock struck 6 she went up to Zoya.

He's still here..her friend  said.

She didn't answer...

he's still there..in this crazy weather...Why cant you just let your pride go and let your heart take over.Why are you so afraid?? Why are you resisting. I ve seen you steal glances in his direction wvery 5 seconds. Then why..why are you holding back..and making him and yourself suffer..Zoya please...let yourself go..Trust me...he is a good guy...He wouldn't be here if he didn't really care..

She didn't know what to do...what was going on..she was running out of reasons to lie to herself...She could no longer shut the voice inside her heart...that told her...let go...accept it...he matters...he matters a lot...Girl...you like him...you like him a lot...and then it hit home as that word was born in her heart...LOVE... She was in love with him...

She hiccupped at that realization...and her eyes...teared up...Like a gilr out of her mind..she reached for her drawer and took out the foil paper...Slowly she wrapped 2 parontha's and some achaar in the foil and warpped it..Then she looked at her friend and a silent conversation was shared.. She got a nod from her friend and out she was..runnig through the road without shoes or jacket in her  long teeshirt and shorts with the wrapped paronthas in her hand.

She didn't stop when her friend called her for her raincoat or jacket...She continued to sprint towards him.He who had stood up seeing her run, his cup of tea left on the bench.

She finally was standing in front of him, completely drenched and panting profusely.

She blinked to see him better.He was stumped.

He just looked at her.

So did she.

She didn't know what to say.

Neither did he.

They just stood there still...not knowing what was going on and what to do.

The rain continued soaking them, but it didn't matter...they were too overwhelmed with where they were to realize.

Neither of the 2 broke the silence for a while.

Finally she blinked at the roar of the thunder and looked down.She saw the wrap in her hand and looked up.

Without saying a word she extended her hand and offered him the wrap...

Paronthas..she said when he raised his eyebrow in question...

He looked into her eyes trying to understand what was going on, slowly raising his hand to take the wrap from her hand...

He was cautious and yet he ended up touching her hand and  there it was again..the spark she had felt that had made her lose her mind last time...It did the same this time around aswell...

And before she had the chance of collectiong herself...Out it came...

I think I am in love with you...

He smiled...and took the first bite of the parontha...

It about time...!!!

The end!!!

FYI ...it's a true story...except theend...in reality ...they didn't get together...and that wasn't sad...it was just not meant to be...but the journey till the destination was worth remembering...hence it was shared...and just to fill your hearts with love...it had this ending...

I will come to you once again with his side of the story...so hopefully I'll receive enough love and support to wanna write that...

Chalo...like and comment...and let me know what u felt bout it!!!

Cya soon..with my pending updates..and another version of this story!!

Cheers!!

HIS STORY PG-7

Edited by -StarsLinedUp- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SimplySmile thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Okay, so picture a 14 year old girl doing a happy dance when she gets the first spot,

Okay so moving on,

I don't want to say loved it because I loved it more that that, 

the presistance Asad had was totally, just AWWW, it made me fangirl over him

then Zoya's ignorance, made me wanna grab her by the shoulders and shake her crazy, knocking some sense into her

but in reality, if I ever were in Zoya's place and there was a guy stalking me, I would flip out(not the good kinda flip) I would call every police station in the city and report him, dont give a crap how much he likes me or not, theres a bloody guy following my every step, I will call the freaking cops, 

K so now that you have said that you will write it from his point of view, you better write it soon, and by soon I mean tomorrow kinda soon if not...

just a lot scarier

so you better update soon

Edited by Hophop1456 - 10 years ago
sweety003 thumbnail

nice OS...😳
lovely...ohhw in real they din get together😭
PLZ CONTINUE

Edited by sweety003 - 10 years ago
maha2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
aashna api they didnt get together in real😭?
it's such a cute story😳
i want to knw what happened next..
plzz update soon😊
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: maha2012

aashna api they didnt get together in real😭?

it's such a cute story😳
i want to knw what happened next..
plzz update soon😊

No they didnt...but I guess that was meant to be...n this is it for the story..It might be the same story from his side😊
benaz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Heya! Thanks for the PM. Really nice OS. I totally liked reading it and can't believe it was based on a true happening! 
Perfectionist2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Res
Hey Aashna,

This is the very Aashna I missed for so many days when I read Saving Grace.
This is so much you. I wont be surprised if this is your story it is close to what you wrote on my thread.
I am glad you gave this a happy ending. I am all for happily forever and after.

This story was great because you bought out the emotions realistically.  Write from you heart Aashna, It makes a huge difference. This is most definitely your master piece. The best till date.

Love
Juliet
Edited by Perfectionist2 - 10 years ago
Alone111 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow tht was amzng... So loved it.. Infact more thn tht... U bttr to continue so soon... Wanna knw asad's side also.. Thnks for the pm...
ChocoBerry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey aashna that was a beautiful os. Loved every word you wrote. Please update soon with his part.

Thanks for the pm n waiting for the next one.
Surbhiholic55 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome story. Loved it❤️
Please update Everything burns soon😳