Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..BlessedOne.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Watched full video finally. His voice is so good! Miss him..
INSTIGATOR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shyam09

best way to describe it:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=owned

but some synonyms I would use would be:
DOMINATED, SCHOOLED, PUMMELED, ... you get the point lol

Understood what you meant ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†
INSTIGATOR thumbnail

Originally posted by: srishtisingh

Mukesh ji kind of follows bheeshma ideology in real life too.he doesnot like to compromise with values. I remember him once saying in shaktimaan chhoti chhoti magar moti batein, he spoke against showing violence in tv serials as kids were getting injured by imitating stunts as shown in tv.
btw thanks shruti for the video.I heard his booming voice after a long time. he even mentioned shaktimaan(one of my fav serial as kid)

you're right...that's why he's the ideal Bheeshma.
INSTIGATOR thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Shruti

"Bheeshm ne kaha Starbharat mat dekho..." ๐Ÿ˜›

Matlab Shruti will never watch it again, not even Starkshetra. ๐Ÿ˜†
Bhabhuha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
if Mahabharat was not adapted with changing times and for regional tastes, it could have been extinct by now.  It's a 5000 yrs old story how can confirm what is poplular as Vyasa Bharat is correct one

I like Star plus portrayal of MB. It's awesome for the kind of effort they have put in with limited budget constraints. Also Actors in Star Bharat are great I watched all episodes atleast twice on Youtube and liked them.

SP is bringing enthu towards Mahabharat many ppl how doesn't know MB are getting interested with this and learning.

MukeshJi is struck in time just like Maha Mahim Bhishma
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Shruti

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deKym8DNJ7Q&ctp=CAEQpDAiEwjFzPn48ay9AhVQOKoKHUpbAA4%3D&guid=&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB&gl=IN[/YOUTUBE]

Okay, I watched the first part of the speech, then quit the dialogs: if I wanted those, I'd have watched the BRC episodes in question.

I have mixed reactions to his speech.  On one hand, he's right about Ekta's KMHK and โญ๏ธbharat.  OTOH, when he protests against the scriptwriters trying to trump Vyasa, I honestly think he doth protesteth too much.  Has he contrasted his own serial w/ what's actually written in Vyasa, like say, KMG?  Just taking Bheeshma roles, where in Vyasa did Bheeshma reveal to Duryodhan Karna's identity?  Where in Vyasa does Bheeshma take any vows to protect Hastinapur's throne?  

In particular, where in Shanti Parva does Bheeshma lecture the Pandavas against the 'evils' of partitioning a nation?  That too was a 1980s theme of BRC which pretty much equated Hastinapur-Indraprastha split to India-Pakistan.  As others have pointed out as well, there was no single entity called Aryavarta even at that time, and that dividing kingdoms was routine for rulers.  In the Chandravansh itself, the kingdoms were divided several times as the dynasty went on - Yayati's sons started 5 dynasties, Pururava's sons started 4 and so on.  The kingdom that Shantanu inherited was not the same kingdom that Yayati ruled.  Yet, throughout BRC's Mahabharata, just about everyone - Bheeshma, Vidura, Krishna, et al consider the partition of Hastinapur for the sake of Duryodhan as one of the greatest evils done in the story.

It was by no means the case: had Duryodhan been satisfied w/ Hastinapur and not bothered about what the Pandavas were doing, everything would have been fine.  Reason the war happened was the attempt on Draupadi.  Also, the MB was not the story about the rivalry b/w Krishna & Dhritarashtra or b/w Arjun & Duryodhan: it was the rivalry b/w Yudisthir & Duryodhan.

In fact, BRC bears the brunt of the blame for 2 things:
  • Making Shakuni the root cause of the conflict, when in fact, Duryodhan himself was
  • Making Arjun larger than life: Arjun was a major figure in the war, but not in the entire story as a whole.  But in BRC, it seemed like everything revolved around him
The other troublesome thing that BRC did was make all the Kaurava women pro-Pandava, particularly Gandhari.  Which is no different from the sanitization of Karna that โญ๏ธbharat is doing.  The other idiotic thing that BRC did was equate a Pandava victory in the war w/ Hastinapur's victory, and a Kaurava victory in the war w/ Hastinapur's defeat.  Oh, and making Karna - post his meeting w/ Kunti - as a closet Pandava supporter, having arguments w/ Duryodhan and almost about to stab himself in an episode during the war, after the fall of Bheeshma.

Mukesh-ji played a great role, but if he's gonna condemn the modern serials for trying to exceed Vyasa, he shouldn't exempt his own serial from it, which was somewhat less guilty, but still by no means clean.
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Daya_Manic

you're right...that's why he's the ideal Bheeshma.

Absolutely! He has been living as Bheeshma since past two and a half decades.
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Btw, Shaktimaan is still my most favourite serial. ๐Ÿ˜›
Actually the footing of my adoration for Bheeshma.
INSTIGATOR thumbnail
I've seen his videos thrashing Ekta's Mahabharat on youtube. So I was wondering that why he didn't speak anything about this show. He did finally. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
INSTIGATOR thumbnail
His speech was eye opening. Now Starbharat's pratigya scene doesn't make me feel like he did a great sacrifice, rather it looks stupid and very amateur.