Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
TFS..
It was nice hearing Mukesh Khanna's Voice after so long!! Our Ex-Bhishm Pitahmah!! He did a Great job essaying that role..n BRC's MB is the First of the Epic that most of us were probably exposed to on National TV! So that'll always remain special!

And for what he said in his speech..well, frankly, it doesn't really matter..i think every individual if intelligent & mature enough to decide what they should be watching & what they shouldn't be!! We all know what happened with Ekta's version of MB after it kick started right? And the current show has been garnering some of the Best TRPs on TV!! The audience today, including kids is much more mature so they can make a better choice i guess..

I have Loved the Current MB..Distortions or otherwise..the Sets, Costumes, Effects, Scenes, Depictions (barring the major Distortions of course!!), Editing, BG scores & the like! Most importantly, the current MB had the Most Amazing Star Cast ever on Indian TV..there couldn't have been better choices to portray the respective roles there in..so this MB will surely go down not just in History, but also in my Heart & Memory!! I'll Miss this Show & the Cast..n have enjoyed this journey thoroughly!!

Hiranya13 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i dont know but i find the new mb to be more nice colorful and nice than the earlier one i dont know but i dont like the previous one.no bashing cause everyone has their own likes and dislikes i like the casting of the new mb much more than the previous and arav did a fantastic job as bhishma and there is no reason to compare the two versions of mb made. please dont consider this as a insult or bashing but this mb is more nice in fact far more nice and touching... the earlier one was not as nice i did not even know that such a show was made because nobody actually talked of it being popular and if the show was popular there is no need for bashing the new show... so i think if mukeshji is successful he doesnt need to bash others he can be happy of his own success...he has no right to speak against the new mb because all the scenes were portrayed nicely and it touched our hearts...sorry guys if i said anything harsh dont consider it to be a sort of bashing i just expressed my thoughts..
Jin. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Okay, I watched the first part of the speech, then quit the dialogs: if I wanted those, I'd have watched the BRC episodes in question.

I have mixed reactions to his speech.  On one hand, he's right about Ekta's KMHK and ⭐️bharat.  OTOH, when he protests against the scriptwriters trying to trump Vyasa, I honestly think he doth protesteth too much.  Has he contrasted his own serial w/ what's actually written in Vyasa, like say, KMG?  Just taking Bheeshma roles, where in Vyasa did Bheeshma reveal to Duryodhan Karna's identity?  Where in Vyasa does Bheeshma take any vows to protect Hastinapur's throne?  

In particular, where in Shanti Parva does Bheeshma lecture the Pandavas against the 'evils' of partitioning a nation?  That too was a 1980s theme of BRC which pretty much equated Hastinapur-Indraprastha split to India-Pakistan.  As others have pointed out as well, there was no single entity called Aryavarta even at that time, and that dividing kingdoms was routine for rulers.  In the Chandravansh itself, the kingdoms were divided several times as the dynasty went on - Yayati's sons started 5 dynasties, Pururava's sons started 4 and so on.  The kingdom that Shantanu inherited was not the same kingdom that Yayati ruled.  Yet, throughout BRC's Mahabharata, just about everyone - Bheeshma, Vidura, Krishna, et al consider the partition of Hastinapur for the sake of Duryodhan as one of the greatest evils done in the story.

It was by no means the case: had Duryodhan been satisfied w/ Hastinapur and not bothered about what the Pandavas were doing, everything would have been fine.  Reason the war happened was the attempt on Draupadi.  Also, the MB was not the story about the rivalry b/w Krishna & Dhritarashtra or b/w Arjun & Duryodhan: it was the rivalry b/w Yudisthir & Duryodhan.

In fact, BRC bears the brunt of the blame for 2 things:
  • Making Shakuni the root cause of the conflict, when in fact, Duryodhan himself was
  • Making Arjun larger than life: Arjun was a major figure in the war, but not in the entire story as a whole.  But in BRC, it seemed like everything revolved around him
The other troublesome thing that BRC did was make all the Kaurava women pro-Pandava, particularly Gandhari.  Which is no different from the sanitization of Karna that ⭐️bharat is doing.  The other idiotic thing that BRC did was equate a Pandava victory in the war w/ Hastinapur's victory, and a Kaurava victory in the war w/ Hastinapur's defeat.  Oh, and making Karna - post his meeting w/ Kunti - as a closet Pandava supporter, having arguments w/ Duryodhan and almost about to stab himself in an episode during the war, after the fall of Bheeshma.

Mukesh-ji played a great role, but if he's gonna condemn the modern serials for trying to exceed Vyasa, he shouldn't exempt his own serial from it, which was somewhat less guilty, but still by no means clean.

I agree with each and every word you say...
You know older generation people (which includes the members in my family) have a misconception that BRC version is the absolute version of original mahabharat. And it is just too difficult to make them accept otherwise.

I honestly loved StarBharat more than BRCBharat in everything (except distortions).
Especially the portrayal of Draupadi.
Roopa Ganguly's role was more like bechaari abla naari - she lacked that feisty and confident attitude.
Nakul and Sahdev were mere names in BRC (so in KMG or Vedavyas version) but StarBharat gave them equal opportunity.
Even if we take trivial things like costumes (i wont talk about vfx sets since it was advanced) - i honestly found the costumes not of a queen but more of a dasi in it.
The cast are veterans now, but the starbharat cast were trained for nearly one year and look at the outcome. Each and every character deserves best actor award. No one gave OTT expressions.

We need not see the entire two shows for that. Just one VH scene is enough. If watched simultaneously we'll know which is better.

Mukesh Khanna is a veteran and a fab actor. Infact i'm no one to judge his acting. But Arav Chaudhry got into the skin of Bheeshma too It is sad that the poor guy didnt get his due.