fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Share More
A
A

Bhumika Chawla delivers a baby boy

In her first official interview since becoming a mother, actress Bhumika Chawla shares the joys of motherhood. A Hyderabad Times exclusive 

Not many people know that Bhumika Chawla was a few months pregnant when she shot for Allari Naresh's Laddu Babu. It's something we discovered, much to our surprise, only after she revealed it herself, when asked to share an anecdote about shooting for the movie. So when she told us: "I've just had a baby...it was two weeks ago...it's a boy," her supposed "come-back movie" became incidental to the scheme of things. 

Sharing her first reaction on seeing her baby she says, "I was super excited and had this rush of emotions. Both Bharath and I had tears of joy. It's the most joyous, fulfiling feeling... the sheer joy of it all is quite overwhelming." Bhumika reckons becoming a mother is akin to having a rebirth. 

"Just as a mother gives birth to a child, I believe the child also gives birth to a mother.Along with the child, the mother is also born, it's a new beginning," she says. "It's been a beautiful journey right from pregnancy to becoming a mother. It's hard to find words to describe the gamut of emotions I'm going through," she shares, adding, "I guess sleepless nights go hand-in-hand with motherhood. But it's just the most incredible feeling in the world." 

However, the actress is unsure about who the boy resembles more, her or hubby Bharath Thakur. "I don't know. He's a combination of both of us I guess," shares the actress who is in the process of choosing a name for the newborn. "We will have the official namakaran ceremony in a couple of days. Still haven't zeroed in on the name," she says. 

Bhumika is unwilling to share pictures of her baby. "We will share the pictures in the due course of time, for now, I will share the most recent picture of mine," she says politely turning down our request for a picture. 

While it's obvious that her life will revolve around her baby from now on, Bhumika believes she will never give up acting. "I've never really stopped working. I worked during my pregnancy. Last year, when I was working on April Fool, everyone asked me if this was my comeback film. I never really left to make a comeback.Well, the movie did not release and guess people have been asking me the same question," she says. As they say, once an actor, always an actor. 

Her role in Laddu Babu will be her first appearance on the silver screen since becoming a mother. "It's a truly different movie and I've worked with Ravi Babu earlier, so it was a familiar territory. I can't reveal much about my role. All I can say is that it is going to be a very important role in the film. I thoroughly enjoyed myself working on the movie and I hope the audiences like my performance," she says, signing off.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Congratulations Bhumika! 
I LOVED her chemistry with Salman in Tere Naam and Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha. They made an adorable pair. ðŸ˜³
SantaClaus thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Congratulations to the new mommy :)
DianaPrince thumbnail
she was married??😲
Congratulations😳
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I didn't even know she was even pregnant let alone being married! Congratulations to her! :)
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Congrats! She was just perfect in TN.. mann basiyaaa.. o kanhaaa.. ðŸ˜Š
BanBB thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Expressionist (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 8
Congratulations to bhumika on having a baby
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Desichiqneez